Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Just Give Me a Reason

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Let's split hairs ... I guess it could be considered a lie...but did he say he DID take it down or he would...sometime in the future?  Maybe he WILL take it down when she sends him "an appropriate wage."  Is TLC paying him nothing?

Yes I believe he said he would take it down in the future.

10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

In Louisiana, any assets that you will acquire during the subsistence of marriage is considered community property unless otherwise classified as separate property. Under this system, both spouses are entitled to equal share(50-50) of the interest in all assets acquired during marriage.

Usually, income levels are figured into a divorce settlement.  She CAN work, but wasn't "regularly employed," and I doubt if her income came even close to his.  She may not an award for long-term alimony, but I bet she would get something "decent" if a divorce is filed within the next few months.

For such a short marriage she wouldn’t get much if any alimony.

Oh, how could I forget, Sumit and Jenny.....sigh...I don't blame Sumit for wanting to get out and WORK. It sounds like Jenny thinks her SS check is plenty for them to live off, so why would he even consider going out to work? While I am sure it goes a lot further in India than it would in the US, it doesn't look like they are living an upper middle class life. At best lower middle class. They don't even have a cleaning lady coming once a week or two weeks and domestic help is dirt cheap there by US standards. My guess is Jenny is as slovenly and smelly as her greasy hair would have us believe and she literally just wants the two of them to sit around all day, doing whatever it is she does (puzzles? watch tv? It isn't cleaning, cooking or learning Hindi so.....) all day and be happy with that. Sumit wants to get out of the house, be around his friends or at least people of his own age bracket, and earn some money. I think Jenny is just super insecure that he will drink and have fun with his friends and realize he married someone older than his mom and he will dump her ass. Too bad Ed thinks he is such hot shit, he and Jenny could be a perfect match in terms of their insecurities, etc. The only way I see these two going the distance is if Jenny just refuses to go----we know Sumit's family can't afford another divorce and Jenny won't budge. He will just hope she dies an early death and can remarry. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Oh, how could I forget, Sumit and Jenny.....sigh...I don't blame Sumit for wanting to get out and WORK. It sounds like Jenny thinks her SS check is plenty for them to live off, so why would he even consider going out to work? While I am sure it goes a lot further in India than it would in the US, it doesn't look like they are living an upper middle class life. At best lower middle class. They don't even have a cleaning lady coming once a week or two weeks and domestic help is dirt cheap there by US standards. My guess is Jenny is as slovenly and smelly as her greasy hair would have us believe and she literally just wants the two of them to sit around all day, doing whatever it is she does (puzzles? watch tv? It isn't cleaning, cooking or learning Hindi so.....) all day and be happy with that. Sumit wants to get out of the house, be around his friends or at least people of his own age bracket, and earn some money. I think Jenny is just super insecure that he will drink and have fun with his friends and realize he married someone older than his mom and he will dump her ass. Too bad Ed thinks he is such hot shit, he and Jenny could be a perfect match in terms of their insecurities, etc. The only way I see these two going the distance is if Jenny just refuses to go----we know Sumit's family can't afford another divorce and Jenny won't budge. He will just hope she dies an early death and can remarry. 

This is the first thing I thought when Sumit assured his brother, sister-in-law, and Auntie that he "will have children in the future."  After Jenny is long gone.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Very much enjoyed the therapist stopping Ed in his tracks about his "request" when Liz was explaining how she felt about going back to work. Liz looked so vulnerable in that moment but once again Ed has to make it all about himself and his feelings.

I cannot stand the way Angela treats Michael. She is so verbally abusive to him. Big deal he has Instagram… so does she. I wish her storyline would end. Every time she speaks to Michael it is in a disrespectful way.

I think Sumit loved Jenny, but now is getting tired of her 100% dependence on him.

Usman does not love Kimbaaaly and is mean to her; she is blind to his mistreatment of her.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

It sounds like Jenny thinks her SS check is plenty for them to live off, so why would he even consider going out to work?

It does sound like that. I remember long ago Jenny said she gets $600 a month SS income. She must have had some shit jobs in the US to only get that much. Even in India it must be hard to live off that. 

How cringe was it when Angela asked Mikull if he liked being able to see her coochie now when having sex? Holy god! The mere thought! 

Did Kimbally learn in the military how to show respect to people by throwing drinks in their faces? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 3:30 PM, bichonblitz said:

I'm tired of her, too. Especially since she was posting on IG all the time of where she and Jovi are traveling to in the US. Vegas, NYC, California and more. I don't know what's happening with them now but she had/has a great life here. STFU, bish.  

The water in New Orleans is YELLOW, though.  That's one of the few times I actually sympathized with Yara.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I cannot stand the way Angela treats Michael. She is so verbally abusive to him.

Can you IMAGINE how long that would last on television if it were a man speaking to a woman that way ... and being physically abusive?  Such a crappy double standard.  She's a hag that needs to be put out to pasture.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, anoninrva said:

The water in New Orleans is YELLOW, though.  That's one of the few times I actually sympathized with Yara.

That's not a reason to be miserable in your marriage, though. I think she's a complainer. She and Jovi are not a good match at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That's not a reason to be miserable in your marriage, though. I think she's a complainer. She and Jovi are not a good match at all.

Yara is another carbon copy of Anfisa, Miona and a host of others that we have seen on this show. She thought she hit the jackpot by finding a "rich" American to marry her and bring her over to the US. She expected to either live in a "bougie" (it was Yara's favorite word her first season) city like Miami or NYC or LA, even Vegas, or at least have one as a home base and while Jovi was away working for weeks or months at a time, she would spend his $$ traveling & building her "brand" as an influencer on social media. Reality hit in the form of a baby, plus Covid lockdown, plus Jovi actually expecting her to be a wife and make a home with him. Louisiana makes sense for that now that they have a young baby---his Mom may not be there 24/7 like Yara THINKS her mom would be, but it is SOMEONE. I am sure Yara loves her daughter and she seems to be a good mom, but I think she is OVER her marriage and being tied down. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Can you IMAGINE how long that would last on television if it were a man speaking to a woman that way ... and being physically abusive?  Such a crappy double standard.  She's a hag that needs to be put out to pasture.

This so much this.  Angela is abusive and should be charged just like a man in that situation would/should be.   The exclusive focus on herself and painting herself as the wronged one should be a red flag to Michael.  Does he really want a partner who abuses him and totally lacks any empathy for what he is going through? 

• Applause 2
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Yara is another carbon copy of Anfisa, Miona and a host of others that we have seen on this show. She thought she hit the jackpot by finding a "rich" American to marry her and bring her over to the US. She expected to either live in a "bougie" (it was Yara's favorite word her first season) city like Miami or NYC or LA, even Vegas, or at least have one as a home base and while Jovi was away working for weeks or months at a time, she would spend his $$ traveling & building her "brand" as an influencer on social media. Reality hit in the form of a baby, plus Covid lockdown, plus Jovi actually expecting her to be a wife and make a home with him. Louisiana makes sense for that now that they have a young baby---his Mom may not be there 24/7 like Yara THINKS her mom would be, but it is SOMEONE. I am sure Yara loves her daughter and she seems to be a good mom, but I think she is OVER her marriage and being tied down. 

I liked this couple on Pillow Talk.  On this show I don't know why I find them a little boring.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

I liked this couple on Pillow Talk.  On this show I don't know why I find them a little boring.

Because they don't really have a story line besides Yara's mother and the rest is just made up filler. On PT they are bearable & okay to each other while here it's all made up drama.

• Love 2
On 11/1/2022 at 2:32 PM, Back Atcha said:

It would be nice if this were still the norm.  It's not...especially in this century of social media.

I predict one episode will be devoted to their "Gender Reveal" party where Andrei and Charlie are both drunk and, of course, get into a fight. Yawn...

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, procrasstinator said:

Yes I believe he said he would take it down in the future.

I don't remember the details from last week, but I thought that before she got into the cab, Angela gave him an ultimatum that he had to take it down by "tomorrow" otherwise they were finished. Next scene they're in her hotel bed together so my guess is that he showed up at the hotel a bit later and lied that he had taken it down. 

15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't remember the details from last week, but I thought that before she got into the cab, Angela gave him an ultimatum that he had to take it down by "tomorrow" otherwise they were finished. Next scene they're in her hotel bed together so my guess is that he showed up at the hotel a bit later and lied that he had taken it down. 

Oh heck now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to rewatch the episode just to satisfy my nagging curiosity.  Lol.

10 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

Oh heck now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to rewatch the episode just to satisfy my nagging curiosity.  Lol.

I think it was the very end of last week, then the bed scene was this week. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think she's not terribly mature.  New Orleans is beautiful, but disgusting, though.  Clearly, the Prague apartment is this season's hook.  I do wonder how she has money to buy an apartment.  $8 markups on Chinese fast fashion would take quite some time to be that profitable.  It's possible her family was wealthy.  Didn't they meet in the clubbing circuit, or am I confusing them with Brandon and Julia?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Didn't they meet in the clubbing circuit, or am I confusing them with Brandon and Julia?

Yara and Jovi matched on a travel dating app and communicated for three months using WhatsApp. They first met in person in Budapest. 

Julia was working as a go-go dancer in a club in Russia when a friend of Brandon saw her and put them in touch with each other. After video chatting for a few weeks, he traveled to Russia to meet her in person. 

(I obviously have too much time on my hands...)

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Responding to StuckAtHome: plus Jovi actually expecting her to be a wife and make a home with him.

There IS that...but don't forget that he also expected to be able to be out all night drinking, spending money and "touching" strippers while she was to enjoy staying home without family or friends.  That was the lure of New Orleans for Jovi.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 11/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, Stuckathome said:

I typically think Jovi is a skeezy frat boy d-bag, but in this episode, I was team Jovi. Yara doesn't seem to understand that even if she earns money to contribute to the household, it is THEIR household and it isn't just about her and what she wants, etc.

I was very taken aback at the whole turn of "looking for apartments to purchase" in Prague.  Didn't Yara leave New Orleans proper and move some distance away?  My point is she isn't in the middle of the French quarter trying to raise her baby.  She has landed in  a pretty nice suburbia. The whole turn of events felt very bait and switch to me.  I really do get that Yara misses Europe but c'mon.   If you're making me feel bad for Yovi, well, that is really bad.

Jenni and Summit?  I smell a rat (as they say).  She has been there 3 years and this is the first time Jenni has ventured to the marketplace to buy produce?  Uh, no.  My guess is Jenni and Summit go out together, go to the same vendors, and the vendors have some loyalty to them.  Jenni going out alone would be no big deal if she went to her vendor-friends.

I'm not a Social Security expert but I guess Jenni gets about $2,500 a month.  This is based on my sister's SSDI payments (and yes I know SSDI is different than SSI).  She could afford household help or at least help in kind.  Their story doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by albarino
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, albarino said:

I'm not a Social Security expert but I guess Jenni gets about $2,500 a month

I really doubt Jenny gets that much. The average SS check is $1600 a month and we know Jenny took it early and always had low paying jobs. Someone upthread recalled her saying it was more like $600 a month. That must go farther in India, but it’s still not much to live on there and would be impossible for two people in the US to get by on that amount. 

• Love 2

New Orleans is beautiful, but disgusting,

Jovi's New Orleans is sort of pretty but gross. He's all about the strip clubs and the free flowing (and probably cheap) booze. I doubt he has ever shown Yara the beautiful architecture or taken her to any one of the amazing restaurants there. He's shown her the sleazy side but not the nice side.

My point is she isn't in the middle of the French quarter trying to raise her baby.  She has landed in  a pretty nice suburbia.

She did but I think that she did it to get Jovi further away from the strip clubs and make it more difficult for him to party all night. Unfortunately, I think this puts her pretty far from anything interesting either, since I don't think she drives? I think her suburb might be pretty nice but she doesn't know anyone and I don't know that there is much she can walk to or access by public transportation.

But if Michael was busy romancing Angela all night, when would he have time to take down his social media? Then again, I suppose neither of those things takes more than about a minute...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

But if Michael was busy romancing Angela all night, when would he have time to take down his social media? Then again, I suppose neither of those things takes more than about a minute...

Lol.  Angela on the phone to her friend explaining why Michael was in her bed.  He promised he would take down his instagram sometime the next day.  Michael in the interview “I did tell Angela I was gonna take down the instagram to convince her to be sweet with me.  But I really don’t intend to take it down.  Of course I feel bad lying to her but I did it because I thought if I could put her in a better mood then it will be better to talk to her about keeping my social media”.

• Applause 1
5 hours ago, magemaud said:
6 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm not a Social Security expert but I guess Jenni gets about $2,500 a month

I really doubt Jenny gets that much. The average SS check is $1600 a month and we know Jenny took it early and always had low paying jobs.

One of my relatives made over $65,000 annually and HIS SS check isn't even $2,500 monthly.  It's close.  I like Jenny enough but I don't think she appears to have the background, intellect, or drive to have anything more than a low-paying job. Her demeanor is that she probably lived paycheck-to-paycheck...maybe less. She DID mention "retirement pay," so she might receive two checks each month.

There was an article that said she received $$ $625 a month.  THE WORST, though, is that if she's 63 now, she took "early Social Security," which is a major hit. She wouldn't have been eligible for the full amount until she was 66...almost 67.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, albarino said:

My point is she isn't in the middle of the French quarter trying to raise her baby.  She has landed in  a pretty nice suburbia.

She  didn't exactly "land." She was pretty insistent that she didn't want to live in the neighborhood Jovi chose and forced a move to suburbia.  See Elizzikra's note...

5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She did but I think that she did it to get Jovi further away from the strip clubs and make it more difficult for him to party all night. Unfortunately, I think this puts her pretty far from anything interesting either, since I don't think she drives?

Perhaps she can drive--but I'm not sure that even a Green Card would allow her to get a license in New Orleans.  If not, it might be to her benefit to find out what states WILL give a Green Card carrier a license and get one in that state.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

She  didn't exactly "land." She was pretty insistent that she didn't want to live in the neighborhood Jovi chose and forced a move to suburbia.  See Elizzikra's note...

Perhaps she can drive--but I'm not sure that even a Green Card would allow her to get a license in New Orleans.  If not, it might be to her benefit to find out what states WILL give a Green Card carrier a license and get one in that state.

She was shown driving when they went to the winery.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yara and Jovi matched on a travel dating app and communicated for three months using WhatsApp. They first met in person in Budapest. 

Julia was working as a go-go dancer in a club in Russia when a friend of Brandon saw her and put them in touch with each other. After video chatting for a few weeks, he traveled to Russia to meet her in person. 

I thought Julia was on vacation in Korea when she met Brandon’s friend and he thought she would be good for Brandon but I may be daft.

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I really doubt Jenny gets that much. The average SS check is $1600 a month and we know Jenny took it early and always had low paying jobs. Someone upthread recalled her saying it was more like $600 a month. That must go farther in India, but it’s still not much to live on there and would be impossible for two people in the US to get by on that amount. 

Sometimes Jenny mentions a pension in addition to SS so maybe that kicked in and that is why she now thinks she can afford the US (or maybe she is confused in her terminology).  The original story was that she couldn’t live on SS in the US but could in India.  (My mom gets both a pension and SS so it is possible and her job was fairly low paying.  I know most private companies have eliminated pensions but she lucked out.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think her suburb might be pretty nice but she doesn't know anyone and I don't know that there is much she can walk to or access by public transportation.

She knows people. What about the girlfriends she was hanging out with that were giving Jovi shit about being Jovi and Yara was talking to them on another occasion about her sagging baby boobs?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm not a Social Security expert but I guess Jenni gets about $2,500 a month.

Not even close! Before she moved to India she was meeting with an financial advisor (on camera) and she told him she was going to get 600 a month in SS. Not many get $2500 a month unless you were making a large salary throughout your working career. She also told the advisor she had $6,000 saved up in her 401k which is long gone by now. The advisor basically told her she was stupid and could not survive on her SS alone. Not in those words but you get the idea. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Why would she not be allowed a driving license in NO? Most people from European places have driving licenses already & can keep using that until they get one for the state they're in. I used my UK driving license for at least 2 years without any problem and sometimes after I had my CA license depending on the circumstances 😉.

Neither Yara nor Jovi is mature enough or ready to settle down into the happy suburban family. I can imagine Yara turning up her nose if the Louisiana neighbor ladies wanted a play group or play date. She sees herself as more sophisticated and just better than anyone in Louisiana. I also doubt that Jovi every showed her the upscale side of Nola----the beautiful old mansions, the nice restaurants. He was all about Bourbon street and strippers. I am sure they both love that little girl, but the realization of what being a parent means for both of them has them both checked out and snarky. Plus, of course the scripted drama. I was glad Jovi at least reminded her that if she wants to keep that green card, she needs to live in the US at least 6 months out of the year. They can't set up shop in Europe and maybe fly home to see Gwen once a year and expect to keep it. 

7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

There was an article that said she received $$ $625 a month.  THE WORST, though, is that if she's 63 now, she took "early Social Security," which is a major hit. She wouldn't have been eligible for the full amount until she was 66...almost 67.

I remember a financial guy warning her she’d make a lot less per month taking SS at her age before she went to India, but she was so anxious to move there, she disregarded his advice. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

She was shown driving when they went to the winery.

I remember being surprised to see JOVI driving to the winery and after he drank so much he said she’d have to drive home, but we never saw her behind the wheel. Before that they had a conversation about her not having her license. I assume she had a permit and could drive if someone was with her. Maybe she never needed to drive in Ukraine so she didn’t learn until she got to the US. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

Expand  

I thought Julia was on vacation in Korea when she met Brandon’s friend and he thought she would be good for Brandon but I may be daft.

My apologies, @MrBuhBye, you are correct! The club where Brandon’s friend saw Julia working as a go-go dancer was in Korea. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Not even close! Before she moved to India she was meeting with an financial advisor (on camera) and she told him she was going to get 600 a month in SS. Not many get $2500 a month unless you were making a large salary throughout your working career. She also told the advisor she had $6,000 saved up in her 401k which is long gone by now. The advisor basically told her she was stupid and could not survive on her SS alone. Not in those words but you get the idea. 

Please don't forget the obvious fact that both Jenny and Sumit make a decent amount being on a reality tv show. The produce shopping bazaar made me chuckle, thinking that if Jenny moved back to US she would be forced to figure out how to scan and punch in codes for her produce - no haggling, no discussion!  You pay what the cash register says you pay!

Edited by suzeecat
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Neither Yara nor Jovi is mature enough or ready to settle down

Jovi is 33.  Didn’t he sow his wild oats in his 20s?  What a manbaby.

47 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I remember a financial guy warning her she’d make a lot less per month taking SS at her age before she went to India, but she was so anxious to move there, she disregarded his advice. 

I think it’s reduced by about a third if you take it early.  So even if she had waited until 67 it would be only $900.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Please don't forget the obvious fact that both Jenny and Sumit make a decent amount being on a reality tv show.

I'm sure the entire honeymoon was comped or paid for by production. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
37 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My apologies, @MrBuhBye, you are correct! The club where Brandon’s friend saw Julia working as a go-go dancer was in Korea. 

I think she was working as a go-go dancer in Russia but just a bar patron in South Korea:

“Julia was traveling Korea at that time and my best friend was working in Korea. They happened to go to the same bar,” Brandon told the cameras. His friend thought that Julia was a lot like Brandon and they’d make a compatible match, after which he showed her his photo. And upon seeing Brandon’s first picture itself, Julia had commented, “he’s perfect,”and asked for his number.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

sloth.jpg

The show or us lol?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Please don't forget the obvious fact that both Jenny and Sumit make a decent amount being on a reality tv show. The produce shopping bazaar made me chuckle, thinking that if Jenny moved back to US she would be forced to figure out how to scan and punch in codes for her produce - no haggling, no discussion!  You pay what the cash register says you pay!

That might work in her favor then she wouldn't be paying 500 for 300 worth of produce.  She would have to do some work to do her scanning though which she probably wouldn't like.  She'd have to be on her "toes" to do that.

7 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

That might work in her favor then she wouldn't be paying 500 for 300 worth of produce.  She would have to do some work to do her scanning though which she probably wouldn't like.  She'd have to be on her "toes" to do that.

She seems super lethargic.  If she doesn’t want to work and doesn’t want to clean, unless she develops hobbies her lifestyle is going to be sedentary which is bad for one’s health.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The show or us lol?

The show and cast and retread storylines. lol!

19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

She seems super lethargic.  If she doesn’t want to work and doesn’t want to clean, unless she develops hobbies her lifestyle is going to be sedentary which is bad for one’s health.

Jsloth.jpg

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

His friend thought that Julia was a lot like Brandon and they’d make a compatible match, after which he showed her his photo. And upon seeing Brandon’s first picture itself, Julia had commented, “he’s perfect,”and asked for his number.

I call bullshit on this story. How can you get from typical bar chatter with someone that they would be compatible with a friend?? And if she truly said that about his first pic then she really was looking for the ticket out of mother Russia because he looks like a 13 year old dork. My guess is they met online and are just too ashamed to admit it, knowing the stereotypes about Eastern European women online. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

So even if she had waited until 67 it would be only $900.

(My bolding) Quite a difference between $600 and $900...especially in India.

3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

The produce shopping bazaar made me chuckle, thinking that if Jenny moved back to US she would be forced to figure out how to scan and punch in codes for her produce - no haggling, no discussion!  You pay what the cash register says you pay!

WHY don't they even have a discussion about "visiting" the US?  Then Sumit's eyes might be opened.  A supermarket would be a shock to his system...a good one, I'd hope.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Quite a difference between $600 and $900...especially in India.

You can look at it two ways.  $900 is already so small that you might as well reduce it to get payments sooner or $900 is already so small it’s crazy to reduce it at all.  It really has a big difference if someone is due to get $3000 at 67 and takes $2000 at 62.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

If she had a VALID driver's license from Europe, it would be recognized in all the US ...

But why would she not be able to have a US driving license as a green card holder in NO? Are you talking about NO specifically or LA or all of the USA ?

This is what you said & I was wondering why you would think that or what would give you that impression as I thought a green card holder could get a license from any of the states.

I'm genuinely interested rather than nit picking.

Edited by Welshman in Ca