Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Just Give Me a Reason

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

But why would she not be able to have a US driving license as a green card holder in NO? Are you talking about NO specifically or LA or all of the USA ?

This is what you said & I was wondering why you would think that or what would give you that impression as I thought a green card holder could get a license from any of the states.

Perhaps she can drive--but I'm not sure that even a Green Card would allow her to get a license in New Orleans.  If not, it might be to her benefit to find out what states WILL give a Green Card carrier a license and get one in that state.

My understanding is green card holders can drive and must pay taxes they just can’t vote.

12 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

My understanding is green card holders can drive and must pay taxes they just can’t vote.

As someone who has a green card that was my understanding for the most part hence the driving license question  to @Back Atcha about NO.

But I live in CA where anyone can get a license.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I call bullshit on this story. How can you get from typical bar chatter with someone that they would be compatible with a friend?? And if she truly said that about his first pic then she really was looking for the ticket out of mother Russia because he looks like a 13 year old dork. My guess is they met online and are just too ashamed to admit it, knowing the stereotypes about Eastern European women online. 

Supposedly, in their very first video conversation Brandon claims he told Julia, "You look like my future wife." Who wouldn't be dazzled by such a clever pick up line? 

• Wink 1

I found this info: Most states do not issue driver's licenses unless an applicant is a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident. U.S. Citizens can present their certificate of citizenship or naturalization as proof of identity when applying while permanent residents can show their Green Cards as proof.

I believe Yara just got her permanent resident Green Card and maybe she never had or needed a driver's license in Ukraine. Nevertheless, in July, 2021, she was on SM with photos of a white Audi Q7 that Jovi gave her for her birthday. 

• Love 1
On 11/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, magemaud said:

I remember a financial guy warning her she’d make a lot less per month taking SS at her age before she went to India, but she was so anxious to move there, she disregarded his advice. 

She has got to be more than 63 now! It seems as if she’s been on my screen for ages, and the earliest you can take Social Security is 62.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, procrasstinator said:

Lol.  Angela on the phone to her friend explaining why Michael was in her bed.  He promised he would take down his instagram sometime the next day.  Michael in the interview “I did tell Angela I was gonna take down the instagram to convince her to be sweet with me.  But I really don’t intend to take it down.  Of course I feel bad lying to her but I did it because I thought if I could put her in a better mood then it will be better to talk to her about keeping my social media”.

I am so disgusted - is it just me - haven't seen too many posts on this issue, but how could Angela allow all this disgusting behaviour to be broadcast all over the internet knowing her innocent grandchildren and all the kids they go to school with, and of course, their parents and teachers, will see it.  What is posted on the internet is never going to go away - it will be there FOREVER for anyone to google - those poor grandkids are going to be subjected to the worse ridicule ever especially when they enter junior and high school.  What is that mom and grandma thinking - when I think back to some of the sex stuff Angela posted I cringe (bathtup scene) - imagine how those children will feel!! So cruel and selfish - hope the measly money they make, which will probably be blown on crap, is worth it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, judylo said:

She has got to be more than 63 now! It seems as if she’s been on my screen for ages, and the earliest you can take Social Security is 62.

Jenny and Sumit first appeared in Season 1 of The Other Way in 2019. At the time they said she was 60 and Sumit was 30. Maybe until she turned 62 and was eligible for SS, she was planning to live on the 6K in her retirement account? (and the money she gets from the show, of course) 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Seriously said:

how could Angela allow all this disgusting behaviour to be broadcast all over the internet

My years of observing people like Angela has led me to believe that they think their behavior is the normal ones. I think it’s because they behave like their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc always have. The rest of us are too quiet to be noticed by Angela and her ilk. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

My years of observing people like Angela has led me to believe that they think their behavior is the normal ones.

I think that Angela considers that “normal behavior” is something for the rest of us poor chumps but that she’s so special she can do anything she wants. I'm sure she's one of those people who thinks they are "above the law" and the rules of society don't apply to her. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think that Angela considers that “normal behavior” is something for the rest of us poor chumps but that she’s so special she can do anything she wants. 

I can never tell if people like her actually believe their own bs that they are some prize or they know it’s false but just bluster hoping to convince others.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I can never tell if people like her actually believe their own bs that they are some prize or they know it’s false but just bluster hoping to convince others.

I think you're on to something here. In a rare moment of vulnerability, I remember Angela almost teary-eyed when she told the weight loss surgeon that she was very insecure with her body. Her over-the-top-self-confidence is just an act to cover-up how she really feels about herself. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 11/1/2022 at 2:56 PM, Back Atcha said:

Not alimony?  Will he be able to get away with that?  I do think Yara needs a reality check, but I don't think Jovi can walk away paying ONLY child support.

If Yara makes her own money, and now she has admitted that on national TV, she has zero chance of getting any alimony. Plus, they have not been married long enough.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Maximadc said:

If Yara makes her own money, and now she has admitted that on national TV, she has zero chance of getting any alimony. Plus, they have not been married long enough.

The ability of each party to maintain the same standard of living that they had over the course of the marriage is one of the main considerations for periodic support.  There are no rules on the length of the marriage--but it IS considered.

If Yara is making $8,000 a year and Jovi is making $80,000, alimony would definitely be in the works (and vice versa). Child support is a consideration if one person seeks sole custody.

• Like 1

IMHO…

If Yara thinks about buying an apartment in Prague with ‘her own money’ and talks about the 150000 dollar budget, she has made this amount in a pretty short period of time(1-2 years), so her annual income should be between 75-150 thousand dollars.
I can’t believe people would buy from her website, but apparently some do. 
This is obvious to me she doesn’t wear clothes she sells, but wears the well-known brands and her style is oversized-casual, cotton/linen based.

Im also surprised that she thinks she can take Myla and move to another country. The child was born in the US and Jovi has a good chance to get 50/50 custody and have Myla every time he is off work. 
in this case Yara will have no child support either.

• Useful 2
On 12/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, Maximadc said:

I can’t believe people would buy from her website, but apparently some do. 
This is obvious to me she doesn’t wear clothes she sells, but wears the well-known brands and her style is oversized-casual, cotton/linen based.

I didn't watch those "pregnant teenager" programs a few years ago, but one of the young moms requested ALL KINDS of expensive gifts: strollers, wigs, handbags...each in the hundreds of dollars.  FANS actually sent things to her.  I don't know if they were young moms using credit cards dangerously, or mature women with lots of money to spend ... but there are those who feel CLOSE to a celebrity in many $ad and $illy way$.  Inconceivable!

On 12/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, Maximadc said:

Im also surprised that she thinks she can take Myla and move to another country. The child was born in the US and Jovi has a good chance to get 50/50 custody and have Myla every time he is off work. 
in this case Yara will have no child support either.

I don't think she's a mean wife or mother, but we've read about many spouses taking a child to a foreign country, KNOWING it's often a very difficult, long, and expensive process to get the child back to America for "a fair hearing."  Some toddlers are in elementary school before they're brought back for a decision.  In some foreign countries, they'll NEVER have to leave.

• Like 3

The child was born in the US

That gives Mylah US Citizenship but it doesn't preclude her from claiming Ukranian citizenship. I don't know what their laws are, but it's likely that Ukraine considers Mylah a Ukrainian citizen just as much as the US considers her a US citizen.