Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Relationship Status: Open

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Me from ME said:

She has needed to be the center of attention since she was about 6 or 7. She had posted a video Glenn took at a family picnic. She started an interpretive dance and  definitely was in "stop what you are doing and pay more attention to me" mode. During the first season of her show she became annoyed that Babs and Glen complimented Todd on his dancing and  they hadn't complimented her. Keep in mind that this performance was in their back yard and there was an audience of TWO!  Now I am beginning to think that her parents had  realized that they had raised a totally useless individual and that they should encourage her in whatever endeavor she could develop to support herself.

How sad is it that at nearly  40 years old, she still needs mommy and  dadwee to gush about how great a job she did (at literally ANYTHING)? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2022 at 8:18 AM, Caseysgirl said:

For all of you who have watched this from the beginning and note that the focus of the show has changed, do you think that Whitney has changed and believes her own hype or is  was she always this way and we are just seeing her drop the facade?  

Glen  is painted as the 'rock' of the family but we've seen both him and Babs having their own battle with food and weight.

Whitney also shared in her book about Babs depression and attempted suicide. This could explain a lot about how personal disordered Whitney is  growing up in a household with a parent with a mental disorder.

I've been doing a rewatch of the series and Whitney has always shown who she is from the first season, 30+ living with her parents and not working but can't be bothered to keep her room or car clean.  So she was always a lazy, obnoxious, inappropriate, immature woman who never finishes anything and has no follow through except for the this show which keeps ticking because she's obnoxious, inappropriate, immature etc.

Familiarity breeds contempt and after 10 seasons I think we've just had too much of Whitney.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I was impressed how vigorously she was dancing with that one native guy at the "giant block party". It looked quite aerobic and she was able to keep it up for a few steps without the camera cutting away. How could she do that yet have trouble getting on the jetski?

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I was impressed how vigorously she was dancing with that one native guy at the "giant block party". It looked quite aerobic and she was able to keep it up for a few steps without the camera cutting away. How could she do that yet have trouble getting on the jetski?

I think she probably had a hard time with the jet ski  moving on the water plus she’s probably sinking in the sand.  Also, she’s basically pushing off on one foot what is probably 350 or more pounds on a moving surface. I’d imagine it’s easier for her to gyrate on solid land.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, Me from ME said:

She has needed to be the center of attention since she was about 6 or 7. She had posted a video Glenn took at a family picnic. She started an interpretive dance and  definitely was in "stop what you are doing and pay more attention to me" mode. During the first season of her show she became annoyed that Babs and Glen complimented Todd on his dancing and  they hadn't complimented her. 

She would be the most exhausting friend in any circle of friends because she Has to control every conversation or action. She just barrels over anyone who is getting attention-whether by insulting them, embarrassing them, being ‘sexier’ or raunchier than them… I get that it’s her show, but I was genuinely shocked she didn’t jump in front of Jess as she walked down the aisle and started twerking or something.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I think her leg was simply too heavy for her to lift that high, plus she can't really bend her knee far.

• Love 3

It took me three tries over two days to finish this episode. It was so cringe. My husband asked why I felt that I had to finish it.  I didn't have an answer for him.

Whitney is one twisted ankle away from being bed bound.  I was shocked to see how much trouble she had getting on the jet ski.  When she came back she was clearly fatigued.  Most of her scenes are very short now and she is mostly sitting.  Her mobility has really deteriorated. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Those Island Boy types are notorious for picking an unattractive woman and flattering her, figuring she's desperate and will succumb to their charms. Whitney played right into their hands. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
On 10/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, Elizzikra said:

Gay people hook up too...

I never said anything about gay people not hooking up.  I was only referencing Hunter because that was the only post mentioning him that I saw.  My post was about a vibe I got from him, not about whether or not he hooked up with anyone.  

• Love 4

I haven’t watched for quite awhile but I did catch a preview last night. Her face looks wonky to me, like she had work done and ended up asymmetrical. She was a very pretty young woman at one time; I wish she could have accepted her face the way she (allegedly) accepts her body. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I haven’t watched for quite awhile but I did catch a preview last night. Her face looks wonky to me, like she had work done and ended up asymmetrical. She was a very pretty young woman at one time; I wish she could have accepted her face the way she (allegedly) accepts her body. 

I believe she got Botox and she got her lips plumped.  And who knows what else.  But yes her face looks very different to me also.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm watching this repeat from last week because I didn't see it (Thank you Jeebus!!).  Shitney is just as obnoxious as ever.  I think she's just straining to find somebody ANYBODY who will pretend to have the "hots" for her.  She thinks she's really something!  

Vomit inducing!!  

• Love 1
On 10/19/2022 at 8:50 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

My favorite part was Whit on the jet ski!  Omg….that was hysterical.  I may watch that part again.  I’m not sure if it was meant to be funny or not.

but was it Whitney on snow  ski's funny?🤣

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

but was it Whitney on snow  ski's funny?🤣

Maybe…..something about that slow little thing in the water. Lol. Reminds me of how I like to drive one.  Kidding, but I have ridden on them before with dare devils who drove like a maniac. Speeding, then suddenly stopping, sliding sideways….for some reason drivers like to throw me off the thing!  

• Mind Blown 1
On 10/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

that if Lennie isn’t being paid to be a pathetic feeder simp

He gives off that vibe like a Tsunami. He can't even fake the fakery of him being her REAL bf at one time. Or ever. 

• Love 4

Please please please god don't let Lennie say "yes" to "are you in love with me?" next time.  Lennie is likable and a good sport about the abuse Whitney is heaping on him week after week, mostly about his recovery from alcoholism.

And her puffy lips gag me.  Her mouth was actually one of her prettiest features--it was like Babs's mouth--and she has fucked it up.

She is among the most horrible people on tv. 

• Love 1

I kind of watched the "season finale" (wish it was the SERIES finale!) but am I correct that they left the door open for Whitney production to at least pretend to have a cliffhanger that both Lenny and the French Man fighting over her next year? UGH! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I kind of watched the "season finale" (wish it was the SERIES finale!) but am I correct that they left the door open for Whitney production to at least pretend to have a cliffhanger that both Lenny and the French Man fighting over her next year? UGH! 

Make it stop,  Mommy! Make it stop!!

• LOL 4

I can’t make it past 10 minutes of this torture. I have to turn it off, but I did notice while she was in bed in the villa that Whitney is wearing a very wedding-style ring on her left ring finger. What’s that about? Is this a topic that’s already been covered?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Mommygetz said:

I can’t make it past 10 minutes of this torture. I have to turn it off, but I did notice while she was in bed in the villa that Whitney is wearing a very wedding-style ring on her left ring finger. What’s that about? Is this a topic that’s already been covered?

If it was a yellow gold filigree ring with a large center diamond,  that's  Babs's ring that Shitney stole from her. 

Also, does the ring appear on your left or your right?

• Useful 1
On 11/10/2022 at 11:01 PM, Colleenna said:

If it was a yellow gold filigree ring with a large center diamond,  that's  Babs's ring that Shitney stole from her. 

Also, does the ring appear on your left or your right?

Neither because of the way she was sitting, but it appeared to be on Whitney’s left hand. I’m sure that must’ve been Babs’ ring, though by your description.

6 hours ago, Mommygetz said:

Neither because of the way she was sitting, but it appeared to be on Whitney’s left hand. I’m sure that must’ve been Babs’ ring, though by your description.

Was it on the same hand as her watch?