Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E04: Disney+ Night

• Start Topic

Looks like Production really wants Charil and Heidi both there at the end along with Wayne and Bachelorette Gabby 

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Some early thoughts:  I Loved Wayne Brady's "Hamilton" dance!  And Derek Hough's "aluminum foil" looking suit is "interesting" :)

Love Wayne's dance so much. Would love if he wins 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’m such a cranky old bitch that I will vote for ANYONE but a D-list, internet-famous “celebrity”.  I mean, at least Shangela competed on a show that required some skill.  I’m sick of Tik-Tok-ers, Bachelorette contestants, and the like.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

I’m such a cranky old bitch that I will vote for ANYONE but a D-list, internet-famous “celebrity”.  I mean, at least Shangela competed on a show that required some skill.  I’m sick of Tik-Tok-ers, Bachelorette contestants, and the like.  

Amen!! And its gross the ass kissing the "Social Media Mega star" gets. Tik Tok sucks and its the only thing she's famous for. And Gabbys only "famous" for the shitty Bachelorette franchise 

I pray Charli is a huge shock boot

• Love 5

I laughed out loud when Charli said in her package that she trained in jazz as the video segued to her practicing her jazz routine for the week. The show is laughing in our faces, it's so fucking ridiculous. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Shocker Charli goes last AGAIN RME

With this new voting regime that you can vote as soon as the show starts without even pretending that you're voting based on dance ability, perhaps TikTok Girl isn't doing as well in the votes as TPTB presumed?

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

Gleb looked like he was having the time of his life tonight! I would watch the hell out of a reality show of Gleb and Shangela road-tripping, going to CVS, anything!

Chile, if anyone ever doubted the power of Shangela’s effervescent personality, girlfriend has made Gleb tolerable. Miracles do happen, lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Chile, if anyone ever doubted the power of Shangela’s effervescent personality, girlfriend has made Gleb tolerable. Miracles do happen, lol.

Amen!  I have always hated Gleb.  Found him very smarmy and not particularly inspired as a choreographer.  Who knew a drag queen could make me like him!!!  But I do.  I really do.  And I would be ecstatic to see them win this thing.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

This show is a damn marathon. I just didn’t watch everyone. I did see Wayne and he needs to win. I had no idea how that song was going to turn out as dance routine and for me it was the best of the night.  I was disappointed in the gimmicky Simpsons routine, the music is terrible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I was sorry to see Sam go.  I was really enjoying him.  I was hoping either Vinny or Joseph would go tonight.  I wasn't crazy about either of their dances.  Daniella is going lift crazy with Joseph, and while he has the strength to do them, he doesn't have the finesse, so they often end up looking awkward.  I'm not really warming up to either of them.  Trevor should not have been in the bottom 2.  I thought he did a nice job and better than Vinny, for sure.  Maybe I'm a bit biased because Trevor is one of my favorite Hallmark leading men.  And for someone with no prior dance experience, he's doing really well.  

Selma was wonderful.  Sasha is doing such a good job with her.  Charli, for all her precision, leaves me cold.  I prefer her mom to her, but I'm not a big fan of her mom either, although I do like Artem.  Shangela's greatest achievement may be making Gleb likable, but her dancing is so much fun to watch as well.  I thought something was off with Gabby's dance tonight.  Some of her movements seemed awkward like maybe her pants were too tight?  I am amazed at how well Daniel is doing, but I didn't think this was one of his better dances.  

Jordin did a lovely job tonight.  Glad she's staying around.  Wayne is one of my favorites.  I want him to be there at the end.  Jessie did a nice job, too, but the best thing was Alan's makeup job.  That was spectacular!

I know they said next week there are shows on Monday and Tuesday, but do we know if Tuesday's show will be a full 2 hours or an abbreviated 1 hour like they sometimes did in the past when there were shows on 2 nights?

• Love 4

Alan's camera mugging amounted to aggressively asking voters to notice and pick them, and I loved every second of it. Jessie did well and I hope she relaxes and stops talking about her stress and anxiety as I don't think audiences recieve that well. 

Joseph and Vinnie were just ok. Joseph's routines do rely too much on gimmicks, like Len said. 

Trevor was not bad and was judged a but harshly IMHO.

Charli and Mark continue to disappoint me. I love Mark but he doesn't seem as inspired or the chemistry isn't as good with her. My expectations are higher for her, and apart from their first dance, I haven't been wowed. She repeats the same goofy faces and tik tok moves that Mark incorporates for her.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Once again, a lot of underscoring and overscoring last night. 

Oddly enough, this was the first dance of Charli's where I actually enjoyed it. I did notice a moment where she slipped in one of the lifts, but other than that, I do believe it met my expectations and I think it was the best dance of the night, technically. Maybe not my favourite, but it was technically very good (as it should be, coming from a trained jazz dancer; and I'm happy they didn't hide Charli's experience). I actually think it should have been one point above Wayne and Gabby's dances.

Jordin finally hit her break-out dance, and it was lovely! What pisses me off is that she should have went later in the night. But I'm glad she finally got the scores she deserved, and I'm glad she was safe first tonight. 

Selma's dance was fun but I think it was overscored a bit. There was a little less Quickstep than there should have been. 

Daniel was critiqued a bit too harshly tonight, especially when the Hypocritical Len comes out, complaining about things that other couples do as well. I thought it was better than last week. Britt gave Daniel more choreography and I thought he delivered! So now, the nervousness of how far he makes it kicks in. Because it sounds like Len wouldn't save Daniel over many. 

Gabby's dance was fun, I will admit that. I thought it was appropriately scored. Wayne's dance was good, but probably could have been scored one point less. But I think the three way tie between the three obvious people is starting to tire me out. Yes, we get it, they're all making the finals. It's boring to see predictability like this, especially with not one, not two, but three different contenders for the Mirrorball. It just makes the question "Who's going to get fourth?" The Battle for the Final Spot seems to be more of a question, at this point.

Trevor's dance was...something. I personally didn't enjoy it that much. It was better than I thought, but I think it was overscored. Same with Vinny, who was better, but still vastly overscored. I think the judges were told to be nice to him this week after the rough few weeks. And I'm all for the judging to be kinder, but the scores shouldn't have been that high.

Joseph's dance was alright, but I agree with the judges; too many lifts, and I hope Dani takes that to heart. I love Dani, but she relies on the tricks, rather than on her partner's ability to dance.

Sam going was predictable and I'll miss his infectious joy when he's been on the show, but he was the right call.

And with that, it now makes the boot order less predictable. Now, other factors start to blend in (the celeb's fanbase, for example). People like Trevor and Vinny and JJD should be the obvious next boots, but it's not set in stone.

• Love 3

Ugh, it looks like Vinny is going to be around a lot longer than he should. He is pretty awful. I can see him knocking out someone better like Jordan or Daniel.

Heidi, Trevor and Joseph are so boring that I always forget about them.

I agree it's getting a bit old with the same top three, but no one else is even close to them in dancing ability.

• Love 2

Loved the beautiful jazz content and technique in Charli and Mark's Simpsons dance. That was pure dance from start to finish and I love that Mark is making full use of her experience and talent. Also, I found Charli's performance very charming!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, calipiano81 said:

Loved the beautiful jazz content and technique in Charli and Mark's Simpsons dance. That was pure dance from start to finish and I love that Mark is making full use of her experience and talent. Also, I found Charli's performance very charming!

It's funny how different people see things.  I can't really remember a single thing about that dance.  I know Charli danced it well because she always does.  She's a highly trained dancer and this is one of the styles she competed in, so it would be surprising if she didn't dance it well.  I might actually have remembered something about it if she hadn't.  But it didn't connect with me at all, and aside from her blue hair, I seriously can't remember one single thing about it.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

I might actually have remembered something about it if she hadn't.  But it didn't connect with me at all, and aside from her blue hair, I seriously can't remember one single thing about it.  

I feel the same - I think I spent the entire dance wondering about that Marge wig and how it was attached to her head. Plus more obnoxious faces and hands behind her mom when she and Artem were talking to Alfonso. I really wish they would put different people behind Heidi when she goes upstairs. But I absolutely expect this girl to win. Her millions of tik tok followers will make it so. Blech.

My hands down favorite was Wayne - lyrical hip hop! It reminded me of a Nappy Tabs routine from the heyday of SYTYCD. For me, the best dance of the season so far. I actually got kind of emotional. I love Witney with him. He's just so good, and she seems calmer with him because she can trust him to deliver the choreography. I really wish they had broken out one 10 for him. I'm tired of the three way tie at the top.

I also loved Shangela! Man, I can't believe how much I enjoy her and Gleb, who is probably my least favorite pro of all time. They are so much fun together. And props for getting Jennifer Lewis to sing their song! Awesome!

Alan and Jessie's costumes were pretty great, but she's always kind of mediocre and forgettable for me.

I am not rooting for them, but I actually loved Artem and Heidi's dance. I thought the umbrella was cleverly incorporated and she was was very smooth and graceful.

I agree with Carrie Ann - I always feel nervous when Selma dances, more so than Daniel. It's just kind of a nail biter to watch. I am glad she did pretty good with a one of the dances I thought she would struggle with, but I don't think she's going to break out of the middle of the pack.

I thought Daniel was better this week than last week. I thought he was over scored last week, and this week I thought he was under scored. I was distracted by Bri wearing a bomber jacket over a sparkly dress. Kind of a disconnect on the costume. I know it was a quickstep, but the whole outfit was strange.

Edited by Ilovepie
wrong pronoun
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Looks like Production really wants Charil and Heidi both there at the end along with Wayne and Bachelorette Gabby 

Love Wayne's dance so much. Would love if he wins 

Is anyone going to watch the final with the two Kardashian wannabes and Gabby? Yeah, At least Wayne is a real star. Maybe if he wins, we'll be spared from social media and reality show famewhores next time. 

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 5

I knew it was Sam's time to go. He would win if they had a contest for best personality.

I never thought Gleb's partner would make me smile so much. 

I just want to see good dances from Mark and his partner. 

At least the songs were better this week. 

• Love 2

I do not want Charlie to win, but I loved Mark's choreo for the Simpsons and thought it was a great dance. It had to have been extremely challenging to even come up with something that made sense for that music.

I almost started crying when Daniel was so upset with the judging/scores. I appreciate honest critique, but feel the judges are more forgiving with Selma than Daniel, who has an equal, if not more difficult, challenge to overcome. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I don't think Daniel was crying because of his scores. I think he wanted to dance well for the little boy he dedicated his dance to, and he didn't. I think he was disappointed in that. I'm not sure why he was dinged for "messing around" when plenty of their favorites did the same thing, and I don't agree with the judges that he was worse than Vinny. I didn't really think Jordin was that great either. She isn't graceful and looks like she thrashes around.

I really hope they do more dancing next week. The filler interviews are too long, and a lot of these contestants are really boring.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I was pleasantly surprised by Trevor and Emma's samba! I thought he would be stiff and awkward, although he wasn't for his rumba, so maybe I should have known better. I completely disagree with Len saying Trevor had no bounce, especially when they immediately put up a clip (while Len was still talking) showing Trevor actually doing samba bounce.

• Like 2

I really like that they are showing the troupe/dancing to fill time again :)

How many times are they going to say "Disney Plus"? If it was a drinking game we'd be in trouble, lol

I really like not having commercials.

It wish they would have picked Sam instead of Trevor, but once you're in the bottom two twice...

I hope Wayne gets the first 10 of the season, but that honor will probably go to Charli 🙄

Speaking of, did Charli and Mark kind of blend in with the backdrop at the beginning of their routine, or was it just me? 

Heidi is growing on me, and improves every week. I won't be upset if she goes farther than I originally thought she would. Charli mugging behind her in the Skybox is annoying and childish.

Gabby still flies under my radar, but that dance was really good.

Jessie is so whiny and obnoxious, I just can't with her.

I mostly liked Jordin's dance this week, but the floor spin and last lift were awkward.

Have I mentioned before how much I love Wayne? 🤣

On 10/10/2022 at 10:25 PM, White Dog said:

This show is a damn marathon.

I watched half of it Tuesday night, and the other half Wednesday night

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2022 at 2:03 AM, marykat71702 said:

I watched half of it Tuesday night, and the other half Wednesday night

There’s an idea but I’ll have to reserve a couple of extra nights this week for the 2 night drone.