Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

What killed me was in the episode where Amber moved into her house she had the movers pack her clothes which were scattered all over her bedroom, dirty mixed with clean, and she ordered them to separate the dirty from the clean as they carefully packed them. In a million years it would not occur to me to ask movers to smell my clothes and pack the ones that seemed dirty separately from the clean ones. The looks on the movers faces were priceless. You could see them seriously contemplating how much they needed to keep their jobs versus just quitting and walking away.

Hahaha, was she sitting on the sofa at the time?   I've moved multiple times and it's my experience that professional movers pack everything without sorting, and by everything I mean the entire contents of the junk drawer, all the stuff that disappeared into the linen closet, contents of the pantry - even the expired stuff in the back.  Laundry is packed with the hampers, assuming it's in the hamper.  Then it's all labeled.  It only took me one move to realize that I needed to sort drawers, cupboards  etc. before they arrive.  

• Like 2

We made a move once where we had movers courtesy of my husband’s employer. They packed everything. If we had packed anything any insurance would be forfeited. I was removing blue stickers from furniture for quite a while. They actually packed the wastebasket I had next to the dryer for lint, with the lint in it.

• LOL 6
On 6/29/2024 at 11:29 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Agree with all of this but as far as I can tell this show is the main, if not all, source of Gary's income.  It's why he never really left.  

As I recall, he has used his TM income to purchase land and investment properties that he rents. But didn't he also get a job at the local sheriff's office?

Agree with all of this but as far as I can tell this show is the main, if not all, source of Gary's income.  It's why he never really left.  

As I recall, he has used his TM income to purchase land and investment properties that he rents. But didn't he also get a job at the local sheriff's office?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

That's what I thought too. I remember posting (facetiously, but now you never know) that one day Gary may become Amber's landlord.

• Like 3

That may be the case, I'm really hoping Leah (and the other kids) have funds set aside for their future higher education needs. If anything good comes from this franchise, it would nice to see them actually break the cycle of teenage pregnancy and drug abuse. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

This is what Kristina posted in 2019:

kristina_shirley3 Words cannot describe how proud I am to be his wife. His dream, hard work, and dedication became a reality. Tonight, this handsome man was sworn into duty as a police officer. Thank you to ALL our friends and family who have supported him, kept this a secret and most of all believed in him.

On 7/9/2024 at 3:15 PM, ginger90 said:

This is what Kristina posted in 2019:

kristina_shirley3 Words cannot describe how proud I am to be his wife. His dream, hard work, and dedication became a reality. Tonight, this handsome man was sworn into duty as a police officer. Thank you to ALL our friends and family who have supported him, kept this a secret and most of all believed in him.

I'm pretty sure he was/is a reserve officer (unpaid).

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/12/2024 at 3:53 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

I'm pretty sure he was/is a reserve officer (unpaid).

I'm positive he was/is a reserve officer (unpaid). 

I gave Kristina the benefit of the doubt at the time, and thought maybe she was just kind of exaggerating.  But a bunch of websites picked up her post and added even more; I think it was The Ashley that even talked about Gary graduating from the police academy, which he most certainly did not do.  Other sites talked about how it's a job with benefits. 

And I bet if you google it now, you will be hard pressed to realize that he's not a police officer with a salary and benefits.

• Useful 3

Can Leah decide who is her "legal" mom?  Wouldn't Amber have to agree and sign over her rights?  If so, I can't see that even happening. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Can Leah decide who is her "legal" mom?  Wouldn't Amber have to agree and sign over her rights?  If so, I can't see that even happening. 

I could see them filing for it, and Amber completely ignoring it and never contesting it.  She’s THAT lazy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I cringe anytime Amber is in a scene on TM.  

Poor Leah has to deal with this week after week at her age.  I hope school kids are kind to Leah.

We all know and Leah knows Amber is never present when she has a new man in her panties!

Gary tries sooo hard but his efforts are in vein with Amber.

Amber will always turn any situation around and make herself the victim.

• Like 5

Watching Mackenzie this episode was so excruciating.  She is trying to explain to the IVF rep and to Khes that the hormones etc can make her diabetes go haywire in the worst way and also she is very concerned about her suicidal level depression she experienced after her last baby and both of these assholes are like 'whatever, I'm sure it'll all be fine, this is what we are doing' and ignoring her real concerns. I wanted to smack both of them. Mack doesn't just have diabetes she has very difficult to control diabetes. It can disable her. It can kill her. And they both are reacting like she is just being a dramatic debbie downer. The IVF lady needs to check herself before she interacts with any more patients and Khes needs to step back and really listen and respond to what Mack is actually saying. I felt so bad for her. 

Nova looks like a teeny tiny version of April.

I wish Briana had some idea what kicking methadone was about (the worst) because all I ever hear from her is how Roxanne's recovery affects her. I'd love to hear more about how she is concerned for Roxanne. The person from the recovery center was awful. Okay, Roxanne isn't doing well. She hasn't been participating like she is supposed to. That should provoke concern not some gossipy counselor who sounded like she was just put out and frustrated and had had it with Roxanne. To her daughter. Concern. Understanding that this happens with addicts. Understanding that it doesn't always work the first time. Etc. That is what I want to hear from the counselor. Not some version of I can't be bothered to waste my time on your mom she is so annoying! 

I would like to think that IVF lady and annoyed rehab counselor were actually just from MTV central casting and did not actually do the jobs they were identified with because if they are both for real then I am very disappointed on what quality of 'help' there is out there for folks.

Another talk from Leah. This time about gynecolgy and possible birth control.  Those poor girls.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I thought the IVF lady was very casual about Mackenzie's problems. I am wondering if Mac should really risk having any more children.

Regarding Leah's segments, OMG, was this a public service announcement for taking your daughter to the gynocologist? Leah talks to her daughters like she's repeating talking points from her therapist or something. I get that her own childhood was screwed up (thanks Mama Dawn) and she doesn't want her daughters to repeat her mistakes, but to have "taking the twins to the ob/gyn" as a storyline. The girls must be mortified.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, applewood said:

I thought the IVF lady was very casual about Mackenzie's problems. I am wondering if Mac should really risk having any more children.

Regarding Leah's segments, OMG, was this a public service announcement for taking your daughter to the gynocologist? Leah talks to her daughters like she's repeating talking points from her therapist or something. I get that her own childhood was screwed up (thanks Mama Dawn) and she doesn't want her daughters to repeat her mistakes, but to have "taking the twins to the ob/gyn" as a storyline. The girls must be mortified.

I so agree! I have a daughter (who's 34 now) but when she became a teen at 13 I didn't take her to OBGYN. I had the "talk" with her and made it clear that she could come to me with any questions or problems whatever they were. I did not take her to an OBGYN at all..our primary care doctor (who is excellent) saw her when she was 15 for gyn appointment as well as giving her a full physical. She put her on the pill at 16 to help regulate her menstrual cycles. I certainly would not have had these discussions on national TV! I'm sure Leah thinks she's performing some sort of public service message on TV...and maybe she is but still...I felt her daughters' uncomfortability.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Mackenzie's only option I think is to use a surrogate. It's way too dangerous for her to embark on the IVF journey. The IVF place she went to sucks. 

It seemed like the fertility center only cared about getting her pregnant, not actually delivering a full-term, healthy baby. 

• Like 5

Maci was a wrestler and good enough to be a high school coach? I so don't recall any mention of this previously. Curious, do recovered heroin addicts take ongoing meds that cause voice pattern changes? I ask because both Ryan and his new girlfriend seemingly have affected speech patterns.

Not shocked he's already dating nor am I shocked that Jenelle already has a new creepy dude.

I don't fault Leah for making the lack of sex education in schools a storyline and I'm glad that the girls were good sports about it. Why shouldn't they talk to an OB/GYN at 14? I'm sure they both menstruating. They didn't get a full exam but having them meet the Dr. now and giving them the opportunity to ask questions while stressing the importance of their sexual health & wellbeing was impressive, IMHO. Leah's a good mom.

I must be hormonal myself because I teared up watching Tyler & Novalee on their Daddy/Daughter dance date. I appreciate the way he talks to her. We're heard him rave about how smart he thinks she is and watching her reaction when he said he trusted that she tell him anything important was so cute.  That's how you connect with your kids.

Are fertility/IVF clinics run like medical spas in that there's little oversight or regulations. That rep couldn't appear to care any less about Mackenzie's medical history and seemed unaware that she's a type 1 diabetic. IVF is literally the worst choice for someone with her history. 

image.thumb.png.1a56b6ec54797bbe6556cab7d46a0e03.png

• Like 4
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Are fertility/IVF clinics run like medical spas in that there's little oversight or regulations. That rep couldn't appear to care any less about Mackenzie's medical history and seemed unaware that she's a type 1 diabetic. IVF is literally the worst choice for someone with her history. 

At the same time, though, she already knows the perils both medically and psychologically, for her, with being pregnant as a hard to manage diabetic not to mention getting pregnant in a really intense way. *

So why is she there? Maybe she wants some reassurance she can do this but that doesn’t seem to be coming. Even with a surrogate and to get her eggs she will have to go through crazy hormones but at least she will not be pregnant for 40 weeks with it.

* She said she was suicidal and suffered from PPD. I remember her being very depressed after her mother died mostly because I could not believe what a grade A asshole she was married to at the time. Was she also postpartum? 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't fault Leah for making the lack of sex education in schools a storyline and I'm glad that the girls were good sports about it. Why shouldn't they talk to an OB/GYN at 14? I'm sure they both menstruating. They didn't get a full exam but having them meet the Dr. now and giving them the opportunity to ask questions while stressing the importance of their sexual health & wellbeing was impressive, …

If I had popped out kids at 16 you can bet there would be lots of conversations about sex and sexual health the minute they started menstruating- especially in West Virginia! But maybe not in front of TV cameras.  The girls might be used to it though since they’ve had cameras on the since birth. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 10:33 PM, Cosmocrush said:

If I had popped out kids at 16 you can bet there would be lots of conversations about sex and sexual health the minute they started menstruating- especially in West Virginia! But maybe not in front of TV cameras.  The girls might be used to it though since they’ve had cameras on the since birth. 🤷‍♀️

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, there is nothing shameful about seeing a gynecologist, and getting the facts from a medical professional about your body and your sexual health should be applauded. I am sure there is a lot of misinformation floating around the schools and also a negative stigma for any young girl who does see a gynecologist- particularly in rural West Virginia.

On the other hand, 14-15 is a pretty fraught age and not sure I'd want the responsibility for being the poster child for normalizing frank and honest conversations about sex and sexual health at that age. I am hoping Leah got their blessing to make this a storyline. I mean, it's hardly the first potentially embarrassing thing that's happened since they started filming, but still...

Edited by Tatum
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2024 at 12:50 PM, Tatum said:

I am hoping Leah got their blessing to make this a storyline.

Based on tonight's ep, the  girls are all in. Good on them for not shying away from a positive, proactive storyline. 

Cheyenne's dude Zach is a scammer, right? I hope she has a pre-nup and glad to see he's not on the title of that $2M house. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Has Zach ever had a job?    I loved it when Cheyenne's father told Zach  that he would have cleaned toilets if it paid enough to take care of his family.   If Zach feels like conversations with Cheyenne are more mother-son than partners it's because he is living like a teenager.   She must have wanted a wedding more than a marriage because tying her future to this loser doesn't make sense; he's over 30, a father, and a husband.  Figure it out Zach.

And don't even get me started on Jade and her "I wanna be a record producer" husband.  

Sigh.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Has Zach ever had a job?    I loved it when Cheyenne's father told Zach  that he would have cleaned toilets if it paid enough to take care of his family.   If Zach feels like conversations with Cheyenne are more mother-son than partners it's because he is living like a teenager.   She must have wanted a wedding more than a marriage because tying her future to this loser doesn't make sense; he's over 30, a father, and a husband.  Figure it out Zach.

And don't even get me started on Jade and her "I wanna be a record producer" husband.  

Sigh.   

THIS!!!! Zach has zero ambitions and zero motivation. I don't understand why she married him at all. All these guys don't work...Tyler works out at the gym and then has his wife take photos of him for Fans Only. Corey just does MTV The Challenge...and he's getting a little old for that now. He brings zero to the table for his common law wife and kids once MTV gives him the boot. Taylor has his T shirt business but that's it and I would imagine sales are down at this point. Are people really buying those t shirts anymore? Not one of these guys has a solid 9-5 job or a career plan. I think Jade's husband is at least trying at this point. Time will tell.

• Like 6

This is gonna sound mean, but who would put their purchase of their house or their sale in the hands of Jade. She seems so incompetent. All I can think of is young first-time homebuyers.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1