Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I don't know what to do with this last episode. I am left with indelible images that either disturb or puzzle or annoy me.

Cheyenne inviting every teen mom plus significant other from all seasons of Teen Mom but specifically telling Ashley she isn't welcome was so Cheyenne. It is her wedding so sure, but it smacks of the treatment she gave Mackenzie when she got all the other cast members to shun her and refuse filming with her. It just rankles. All of these women have serious issues and feud with each other from time to time but Cheyenne seems to think she is HBIC. 

Cheyenne is the family princess (for now) and the amount of fawning over her done during this whole wedding was kind of silly. Not as silly as the bride and groom's table at the reception. Four gazillion candles and flowers on around and below a raised dais.  But watch out, little Ryder is getting her princess on because she marched right up to her aunt's giving a reception toast and demanded the mic right now!  These are her parents and she will be giving any toasts, thank you very much!  Diva starts early in that family.

Still can't stand Brianna. Hurricane apparently didn't hurt her but she missed the wedding. Good. Moving on.

Ashley starts her accelerated nursing program and gets hit by a drunk driver with Bar and Holly in the car (no fault of theirs as far as we know/drunk driver's responsibility).  When Bar tries to pick up their things from the totaled car at the impound he is arrested as a fugitive from justice for leaving California with a failure to appear charge on him. As of the end of the episode Ashley is quietly pissed and Bar is locked up waiting to see if California decides to extradite him or not. If they don't, he'll be released in 14 days. I do not know what actually happened next.  MTV does let us know that the original charge stemmed from that grad party Ashley had where Bar got more and more drunk and wound up shooting a gun and got arrested for it. Ashley has a life plan and Bar is not going to ruin it although as a mom with a husband in jail (again) her road is harder than it needs to be. I feel bad for her. Youth picked a boy that adulthood is not living easy with. It happens and it sucks.

Speaking of locked up, after the wedding Zach is sentenced to 120 days in jail (most of which he has already done long ago so he just has to do a little more time but we know he only was there a day before they released him). MTV does not explain any of this, just leaves us with him showing up to jail and noting that he was sentenced to 120 days, leaving the audience with the impression that he would be locked up for months. Not cool, MTV.

Leah and Jaylan have a post vacation talk and their complete lack of chemistry could not be more on display. Whatever is going on here, it's not true love. Leah is dating a black man and suddenly she is dying her hair black. Does anyone else think that's weird? She's blonde has always been blonde but suddenly now she's a very dark brunette.  When they break up do you think she'll dye it back to blonde?  This weirds me out for some reason. YMMV

Did anything else actually happen? I zoned out during the interminable wedding crap.

ETA:  Oh, and Gary said that Kristina couldn't attend the wedding because the kids have school and they don't have anyone they trust to babysit for them. Also, Amber was home but didn't come. Make of that statement what you will.

After the ceremony itself, while Cheyenne and Zach were on the altar, they were treated to the bridesmaids suddenly reappearing and doing some kind of African drum dance for them. It was interesting. I am not sure what I think about it because my view is slanted because it's Cheyenne and her OTT it's all about me and my fabulous selfness puts me off.  If it had been done for anyone else I think I might have appreciated it more. Again, YMMV

So spot on about Queen Cheyenne...Oy vey!!! That gown was just too much. Actually it looked like a gown that Frederick's of Hollywood might put in their catalogue. Her implants look ridiculous...just way too much much for a woman of her height. And OMG...Ryder demanding the microphone from her aunt (whose breasts were almost spilling out of her gown) was really fortelling of what is in store for Cheyenne and Zach down the road. She was so out of control. All in all an over the top celebration that I had to fast forward through.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amber is so full of s...!  I can hardly stand to look at her!

That short visit to James was all about Amber!  Big house, chauffeur driven car, hair and nails!

Talk about turning a do nothing addict into a cinderella!

There's a better saying I was trying to remember.  Turning a .... Into a ......?

I still believe James moved to California because Amber never visited him in Indiana.  Why would she?  No cameras and that's Ambers storyline on TBE show.  She wouldn't be showing up for Leah except for big checks for Amber and Gary welcomes her because of the $$$.  I notice the visits are shorter and shorter.  Leah, bless her heart, knows this!

Lol the quote I was trying to think of re Amber.  Making a silk purse out of a pigs ear!  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

So spot on about Queen Cheyenne...Oy vey!!! That gown was just too much. Actually it looked like a gown that Frederick's of Hollywood might put in their catalogue. Her implants look ridiculous...just way too much much for a woman of her height. And OMG...Ryder demanding the microphone from her aunt (whose breasts were almost spilling out of her gown) was really fortelling of what is in store for Cheyenne and Zach down the road. She was so out of control. All in all an over the top celebration that I had to fast forward through.

Cheyenne’s sister, the aunt, looked even more than trashy!

She goes to New York, gets pregnant then leaves the guy because he’s not what she was expecting!

Maybe spending more than a night with him might have enlightened her before she became with child!!

My guess is that he was an average Joe where as she loves walking in Queen Cheyenne’s shadow with all the perks and paychecks!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Let's see. I did watch most of last night and really appreciate your comments. I also have been noticing Leah's brunette-ness. I was thinking that she also had some work on her face that makes her look kind of distorted.

I could swear I saw a little caption saying Jaylon cheated on her and that's why they broke up? It was while I was watching and it was saying it as factual which surprised me. Usually there's a lot more to the rumor mill and whispering and suggestions and so on.

Cheyenne is a pretty girl but she didn't even look like herself (facially) with all the lashes and dark make up. I think her father is where she gets her spotlight-mustbe-onME only from.

The bridesmaid dresses were also kind of bizarre with the slits up to wherever that could not be walked in ( let alone danced in) gracefully.

But MOSTLY what I watned to comment on was the Jail theme. What is that about?I understand with Bar that coudl happen but they made it like a unifying theme. and dare I say, glorifying it.

I found that troublesome and dare I say- offensive.There I said it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Oh, and Gary said that Kristina couldn't attend the wedding because the kids have school and they don't have anyone they trust to babysit for them. Also, Amber was home but didn't come. Make of that statement what you will.

I'm not sure my comment was clear. Gary said they didn't trust anyone to babysit but Amber was right there and presumably available the whole time. Seriously, what else does she have to do? No one they trust.... Interesting, no?

Ryder is such an intelligent, confident, pretty, articulate little girl and it seems like they are turning her into a nightmare. I hope someone pointed out to her that she was being very rude to her aunt and that not everything revolves around her but I am pretty sure they just smiled and let her do whatever the hell attention-seeking she wants to do. I can see why Cheyenne turned out the entitled princess she is. That, and as pointed out, her father is pretty attention-seeking too. That whole scene at the end of the walk down the aisle was ridiculous.  She's getting married, not going off to war.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

All this wedding overkill with Cheyenne reminded me of a recent letter to an advice columnist a couple weeks ago. It was so OTT that I wanted to share it with you:

"My fiance and I are planning our wedding. As the bride, I’m planning on making certain requests of my guests, to make sure that my special day is as perfect as possible. For example, I’m asking that my guests wear exclusively yellow at the ceremony.

My fiance has been supportive, but he angrily rejected my other request: that our guests remain silent throughout both the ceremony and reception (to ensure that the focus remains on us). My fiance said that this is irrational. He does not want to have a silent wedding.

I know it’s uncommon. I’ve never heard of anyone else having one, but we’ve had them in my family. The guests are not permitted to speak at all during the ceremony, and the only toasts allowed are from the mothers of the bride and groom. Instrumental music will be playing quietly.

During the reception, the guests may whisper among one another, but may not speak aloud. As the newly married couple, our focus should remain solely on each other rather than on any rowdy guests.

I know it’s a lot to ask, but I feel I should have the wedding I want, so that the start of our life together will be perfect. I want him to support me, even if we disagree on something.

Is my fiance’s lack of understanding and support a red flag?

— Silence is Golden"

I especially liked the idea that her fiance's thinking this is irrational might be 'a red flag'.  The only red flags I see are on the bride's side.  This guy should run. It set me to wondering, are young women just going completely insane over their 'special day' more now that they are constantly exposed to instagram, etc and celebrity celebrations?  It seemed like Cheyenne was way over that line. Is this a thing now?  It doesn't seem to be about joining a couple and two families in marriage it seems to be about being the perfect photoshoot and outdoing everyone else.

I guess you could say Cheyenne's wedding kind of triggered something in me.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I'm not sure my comment was clear. Gary said they didn't trust anyone to babysit but Amber was right there and presumably available the whole time. Seriously, what else does she have to do? No one they trust.... Interesting, no?

Ryder is such an intelligent, confident, pretty, articulate little girl and it seems like they are turning her into a nightmare. I hope someone pointed out to her that she was being very rude to her aunt and that not everything revolves around her but I am pretty sure they just smiled and let her do whatever the hell attention-seeking she wants to do. I can see why Cheyenne turned out the entitled princess she is. That, and as pointed out, her father is pretty attention-seeking too. That whole scene at the end of the walk down the aisle was ridiculous.  She's getting married, not going off to war.

I wouldn't want Amber babysitting my kids for a long weekend! I don't blame Gary for going solo...Amber has never taken care of a child for more than a few hours...let alone getting up early in the morning and getting kids off to school! Amber probably doesn't even get up before 2 PM... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Let's see. I did watch most of last night and really appreciate your comments. I also have been noticing Leah's brunette-ness. I was thinking that she also had some work on her face that makes her look kind of distorted.

I could swear I saw a little caption saying Jaylon cheated on her and that's why they broke up? It was while I was watching and it was saying it as factual which surprised me. Usually there's a lot more to the rumor mill and whispering and suggestions and so on.

Cheyenne is a pretty girl but she didn't even look like herself (facially) with all the lashes and dark make up. I think her father is where she gets her spotlight-mustbe-onME only from.

The bridesmaid dresses were also kind of bizarre with the slits up to wherever that could not be walked in ( let alone danced in) gracefully.

But MOSTLY what I watned to comment on was the Jail theme. What is that about?I understand with Bar that coudl happen but they made it like a unifying theme. and dare I say, glorifying it.

I found that troublesome and dare I say- offensive.There I said it.

It's not a "jail theme"...it's just the truth! Both of these guys had jail time this season. Zach has an extensive rap sheet and so does Bar. Both have alcohol issues that include DUI's...Zach not only has DUI's but he also has B&E's and other thefts. 

As for Leah...it looks like she's had some fillers done on her face. She's gained a few pounds too.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2

thanks. I honestly did not know the extent of their "legal woes". I mean rap sheets. I did know Bar had the issues but somehow didn't know about Zach. 

This is when ( again) I feel super old. Cheyenne and Ashley seem to come from such normal and solid families. What a shame that they pick these guys with so many complications. Bar is young and a borderline "kid". Zach is not and neither is Cheyenne. 

What a shame.Well I guess I'll hope trhat they get their sh-t together soon.

• Like 6

I never watch the Reunion shows so I don't know what I was drinking but I tuned in this time.  Ugh, these grown ass women getting their butts kissed by MTV and Dr Drew just makes me want to rage.  Starts out with all the moms on stage along with Jade's giant boobs hanging out there for the world to marvel at. Seriously, they needed their own chair.  I fully expect they will have their own take on the season.

Anyway, Briana is so upset by the fact that Ashley is present that she won't be on stage with her. Ashley for her part has no problem whatsoever taking her spot. I loathe Brianna so I am perfectly fine with this decision. I don't care at all who did what to whom during the Family Vacation taping and will never watch that crap but unless Ashley legit murdered Roxanne I don't care. Boss up and own your place and stop crying and whining like a little baby that you don't feel 'comfortable' and 'safe' on the soundstage etc.  You are a grown ass woman acting like a thirteen year old afraid of the mean girls.

All these women are so stunted by their time with MTV.  They may as well be raising their children while still in middle school.

So we sit and watch Dr Drew and that weird host woman pucker up and start kissing ass for an hour. 

Seriously , though, someone get Jade a  harness and a sweater, stat.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'm hoping by the time these TM's turn 30 that MTV has moved on from them and stopped filming. It's enough already. As far as Devoin is concerned...I coud barely understand what he was saying. I don't remember him being so incoherent. He seems very defensive and angry...for a guy who has stopped seeing his kid and is  broke from gambling and god knows what else, you'd think he'd be a little humble and less aggressive. If anyone should be pissed off it should be Nova. Her deadbeat Dad clearly puts her last on his list of important things in her life. Say what you will about Brianna... and there are plenty of negative things to say...she is a good mom who puts her kids first and provides for them. Her two baby daddies don't even see their kids let alone even try to co-parent with her. 

Jade's massive boobage was vulgar. She looked so trashy and cheap. All that cosmetic surgery and all the pain she endured was a waste of money and time. Like all of these TM's, the first thing she did when she came into some MTV money was to go to Florida and get a butt job. Along with the obligatory luxury car and handbags. At least she did one thing right and that was buying a house.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Well if Jade was going for 'stripper' she nailed it.  I like Jade but damn, that was a trashy look.  Some people embrace that look so that may be what she was going for.  But seriously her boobs took over the room.

Sean did look fantastic. He cleans up very well. I am rooting for those two so hard it hurts.

I watched Jade and Sean and about two minutes of Devoin. I had to fast forward through everything else. I just can't with most of these people.

And the OG Teen Moms are all thirty or over now as far as I know. The Teen Mom 2 and Young and Pregnant Moms are either mid-twenties or late twenties I believe. I would check them all but I don't want to.  🙂

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
There is no Teen Mom 3
  • Like 3

Sean looked really good. Jade looked really bad. 

Now that Sean is ‘woke’ I have to wonder if he’s embarrassed with her boobs out?

Do today’s men like their woman showing almost everything?

Speaking of which Jade has really saggy boobs for such a young woman. 

• Like 4

I'm fashionably late having just finished the last episode before the reunion and... wow. I'm getting married next November and have been planning and organising so much and stressing that I've gone overboard and am doing too much. After seeing Cheyenne's wedding... nope, I'm all good! If you'll excuse me, I'm off to book another 50 vendors including tiny car rental, one million candles, and tribal dancers.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
46 minutes ago, monicageller said:

I'm fashionably late having just finished the last episode before the reunion and... wow. I'm getting married next November and have been planning and organising so much and stressing that I've gone overboard and am doing too much. After seeing Cheyenne's wedding... nope, I'm all good! If you'll excuse me, I'm off to book another 50 vendors including tiny car rental, one million candles, and tribal dancers.

Congratulations!  I am sure your wedding will be lovely.  😀

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
22 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Say what you will about Brianna... and there are plenty of negative things to say...she is a good mom who puts her kids first and provides for them. Her two baby daddies don't even see their kids let alone even try to co-parent with her. 

And yet she keeps trying to force it, because she is bitter that she didn't have a dad.  I don't see that as putting her kids first.  If she would just admit to herself that she made two very very bad choices on whom to procreate with, and quit reveling in the disappointment when they don't come through, I'd have to grudgingly agree that she's a good mom. 

Or, well, maybe I could once I managed to forget the story line about offering Stella up for adoption.  That was heinous.

22 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Jade's massive boobage was vulgar. She looked so trashy and cheap. All that cosmetic surgery and all the pain she endured was a waste of money and time.

You're discounting the entertainment value, which for me was quite high.  Seeing her waddle in her bandages and beached in the back of the SUV was a sublime experience.

• LOL 6

As to Brianna…yes, there are Daddy issues for her and she’s not the perfect mom but in the scheme of things I think she does a good job of taking care of them. They seem well adjusted and happy. She’s all they really have since their daddies are incapable of stepping up to the plate. She needs some therapy and some self reflection on how to move forward with her life and make better decisions on future relationships that are healthy. Not sure if she’s prepared to do the work though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, edie3 said:

Didn't she get her boobs done too?

I know she got her butt done. If those boobs have been ‘fixed’ I’d ask for a refund. And for the record I’m NOT body shaming her just saying bad boob job!

• Like 2

I was really kind of surprised seeing what Jade wore to the tell all.

I've shared in the past that I think she sure does clean up well-- she looks great when she tries.  I don't expect great fashion sense or elegance from this crew but I thought her outfit was really a very poor choice. Amber too was trying to recapture the sex kitten look. IMO obviously. Just had to comment.

• Like 5

Part two: 

Sorry, I couldn't watch while Brianna got her whine on.

Leah:  I wanted to jump through the TV and strangle Dr Drew. He would not stop trying to get Leah to spill the tea about why she and Jaylan broke up. None of your effing business, buddy. Drop it. The most logical reason I've heard is very personal to Jaylon and Dr Drew damn well knows it. But his 'is it bigger than a breadbox?' series of questions was unquestionably designed to give the viewers only one reason to fall on. And I hate him for it. It was the most hateful thing I've ever seen on this crapfest of a show and that's saying something. Leah kept trying to defer his questions but without actually answering them directly she played right into Drew's trap. What could Jaylan possibly be hiding that is not his fault, only his to say, that doesn't stop Leah and her girls from loving him and wanting to see him, etc?  What secret could Jaylan possibly be hiding?  Dr Drew is a complete asshole.  And Drew says, 'I think I understand now and it makes me very emotional.' Why don't you rent a billboard, jerk. And yet he still kept talking about Jaylan someday feeling like he can 'share' and it will all make sense.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Jaylan is home watching this and plotting his revenge on Dr Drew.

Dr Drew says and when we return we'll turn our attention to Kate.  And legit I was thinking Kate! Who the hell is Kate!?  lol

• Like 5

cont'g

Tyler and Cate:  Dr Drew loves to talk to them. All that adoption and substance abuse to dig into. You can see his eyes light up when they bring out those two.

Ashley and Bar:  Bar and his mom are at it again.  He sees no reconciliation in their future. Shen is gonna Shen. Ashley sees years of school ahead of her and Bar actually did rehab this time.  And she has no interest in being with the other girls anymore. I think these two are not going to be on any fake facetime calls to get 'advice' about anything any time soon.

Amber and Gary;  Amber is 'depressed' and doesn't want to talk about 'it'. It being the custody decision. So Dr Drew zeroes in on it like a heat seeking laser. She is pissed and full of righteous depressed indignation about how the legal system didn't work right for her. Dr Drew tried to explain that family court has different rules but Amber just kept saying 'I don't give a damn' and so that went no where. For someone who wants Family Court judges to make favorable rulings for her she seems determined to put on the worst face forward she can. And nothing says says ready to parent full time like a depressed angry hostile whining woman who trashes the family court judge's rulings on national television. Amber says she is depressed and that is probably true but she also seemed very medicated. I guess it may look the same but it's Amber so they may have had to use a tranquilizer dart at some point before she came on stage.  On a lighter note, Gary looks great! He has lost a ton of weight. A ton. Seriously. I have never seen Gary that light before. Good on him.

And so ends the Reunion. I thought this was three episodes? But it's over.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I too thought Amber was almost at a new low. I did agree with Dr D that she was not being clear. I mean, she should understand she is going to be asked some questions and at least if she doesn't want to talk about it, then have a good deflection or something. I agree Gary looked really good. (though- can I be superficial? I get that he's a very low key and casual guy but what's with wearing the baseball hat backwards to an indoor studio?)

I still feel bad for Caitlyn and Tyler. They are doing as good as one could hope- which is really pretty good. They were each dealth such a bad lot with their families and the crap they grew up around. They do seem to say what is expected for them to say almost like they are programmed, but at least they have something positive to model.

I also was impressed with Ashley and Bar, well more impressed with Ashley. I think she may be the only one on any of these Teen Mom series who is legitimately seeking to better herself with an actual profession. I know others have had their "business" (hello Farrah, hello Maci, hello Caitly, so many to name- even Kale) but Ashley is going to a real school to study for a real career where she will be employed and have excellent employment opportunities. I hope Bar stays clean. I did not know about Ashley's father. She was so impressive to me.

I was even somewhat impressed wtih Briana when she said she reacted and was regretful for that - and she felt that way again and had to remove herself. I thought at least it showed some signs of maturity.

Maybe some of them do grow up.

• Like 3

I felt somewhat for Leah, because in her case she wasn't talking because she wasn't going to divulge another person's intimate secrets. Although, it kind of sounded like she hinted at what the secret is, when she went on and on about society being a factor in him not wanting his secret divulged.

I didn't feel as much for Amber. I will be honest I've never really been a fan. That has not changed. I get she is upset she lost custody, but yes, her mental illness factors in the care of 4 year old child. Family court is supposed to be about the best interest of the child. So I could see a judge being interested in Amber's sometimes inability to get out of bed. Her attitude towards being asked about her life was just unacceptable. This is her job, at least have a short response preplanned about what happened, and then point out that she is still upset about about the matter and not ready to give any more insight.

59 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I also was impressed with Ashley and Bar, well more impressed with Ashley. I think she may be the only one on any of these Teen Mom series who is legitimately seeking to better herself with an actual profession. I know others have had their "business" (hello Farrah, hello Maci, hello Caitly, so many to name- even Kale) but Ashley is going to a real school to study for a real career where she will be employed and have excellent employment opportunities. I hope Bar stays clean. I did not know about Ashley's father. She was so impressive to me.

I have issues with both Ashley and Bar, but I do respect that Ashley seems to be setting herself up for a decent future. She can always use a nursing degree if her teen mom career dries up, and she had to close her hair salon.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I didn't feel as much for Amber. I will be honest I've never really been a fan.

I will be honest I loathe Amber. I think anyone that had to be around her for 10 minutes or watched her sorry ass for 10 minutes. Would not grant her custody of her son or daughter. She kept saying "I don't give a fuck", I think she was talking about her kids.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

As bad as Dr. Drew is Nessa is worse. Both are nauseatingly awful.

Amber looked high. Her entitlement and privelege was on full display. The judge is to blame for all her problems...no ownership of her violent anger issues that keep popping up with every "love" relationship that she has. She was rude to Dr. Drew and normally I would be laughing at someone giving Drew a hard time but in this case not so much. You're getting paid to sit there and answer a few questions...not to be vague, rude and non responsive. 

Was Leah implying that Jaylen might be bisexual? That's what I was getting from her comments. But who knows...she signed an NDA so she and her girls could still live in the house so we'll never know what this is all about for some years to come. 

Tyler and Cate...I just don't understand why they think they should have access to Carly whenever they want and then get their panties in a twist when Teresa and Brandon aren't as enthusiatic about frequent get togethers. I don't believe for a minute that Nova was hysterical crying about not seeing "her sister" when she was picked up at school. Honestly, these two make a good case for not having "open" adoptions. 

I have some empathy for Brianna's struggles with Devoin. He was pretty good for awhile and seemed to be developing a healthy relationship with his daughter. But his addictive behaviors came into play again and of course, his daughter was not his priority. It's sad but Brianna needs to move on from these baby daddies and lower her expectations. She should focus on her kids and her mental health and accept the things that she cannot change. No more whining.

What did Ashley mean about "more education...more, more more"... Nursing school does not mean years and years of education. I guess her paychecks from MTV are paying for all of this "education".

I, for one, will not be watching the Teen Mom Family Reunion...looks like a hot mess.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

What did Ashley mean about "more education...more, more more"... Nursing school does not mean years and years of education. I guess her paychecks from MTV are paying for all of this "education".

It depends on what education she has already had.  She has said that her ultimate goal is to become a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner.  Either of those is a lot more than just a basic assoicates degree in nursing and will take years to achieve. The lowest level of nursing is very labor intensive and nurses get hurt and wear out. Going for a higher degree can get you promoted into management levels when the day to day becomes too strenuous. Good for her for thinking ahead to her entire future and not just whatever will get her a job sooner. As long as she can afford to do so she should get as far toward her goals as she can. Life has a way of interfering anyway but if you don't have goals and a plan it is much easier to get lost in the lifenow trees and completely lose track of the forest. I would hate for Ashley to wind up like these other Teen Mom slackers and simply rely on her Instagram and Cameos etc (or god forbid OnlyFans) for income to support herself once Teen Mom bites the dust.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

As bad as Dr. Drew is Nessa is worse. Both are nauseatingly awful.

Statement of the year. Could not agree more.  I used to think Nessa was the good cop bad cop but she really adds nothing to the equation. I don't really see why they have here there. I would love that job. I could sit on the couch and make one sentence statements declaring the obvious.

And I'll take 1/2 what they're paying her  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Why is Amber still on this show?  Leah is being raised by Gary, and James is being raised by Andrew in California.  Amber has never been a parent, has spent most of her life on her couch, and now won't even speak at the reunion.  So what is the point of putting her in front of the dwindling number of TM watchers?  I thought Next Chapter was supposed to condense everything to make it more interesting.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I thought Next Chapter was supposed to condense everything to make it more interesting.

The problem is these women aren't that interesting anymore. They are far from being teen moms. For the most part they don't have interesting lives. They are just women who are making too much money and don't realize how lucky they are. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Was Leah implying that Jaylen might be bisexual? That's what I was getting from her comments. But who knows...she signed an NDA so she and her girls could still live in the house so we'll never know what this is all about for some years to come. 

I thought Leah owned the house. Did Jaylen buy it or did they buy it together and she bought him out? 

• Useful 1
On 12/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

The problem is these women aren't that interesting anymore. They are far from being teen moms. For the most part they don't have interesting lives. They are just women who are making too much money and don't realize how lucky they are. 

I believe that MTV is just waiting for one of the kids to get pregnant (you know it's going to happen sooner rather than later), so they can start "Teen Mom: The Next Generation".

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1

I just finished watching seasons 1-4 of Teen Mom. I tried to watch Teen Mom 2 but I just couldn't do it. It was either boring or too annoying.

It's interesting looking at the moms now vs then. Amber is most consistent in that she was a complete garbage human being at all times, and incredibly lazy. And delusional. I never saw her do or say one nice thing in 4 seasons. And it was always someone else's fault whenever she did something terrible. She had zero qualms about using Leah to hurt Gary either. She just sucks.

Farrah had flashes of being a normal human being from time to time, although it would take nothing to set her off. Her parents could ask her to pass the salt at dinner and she'd start screeching. But sometimes she seemed legitimately loving towards Sophia. I liked how Farrah would always talk to her when she was a baby, as though Sophia and Farrah were having a regular conversation. I did snicker though when Farrah says she has to meet with "her" lawyer, who is actually the Chief Deputy in charge of civil litigation (ie domestic battery and custody disputes). I thought he seemed pretty unprofessional at times and also referred to himself as Farrah's lawyer on the phone to someone and I am 99% sure he was trying to get into her pants, which, ew.

Cate and Maci are both more interesting in how they changed over the years. For Maci, it was super gradual. I'd argue in the first season of TM, she's really...kind of cool, honestly. At 18, she is way more mature than she appears in any subsequent season. Season 2, she is still mostly normal, with occasional flashes of pettiness towards Ryan, and she's clearly full of shit about school being a priority at that point, but for a 19 year old, totally understandable. But seasons 3 and 4- it's like she's regressing majorly. Her rage at Ryan is pretty clear, and it manifests itself in various spiteful and immature mind games, particularly towards the end of season 4,the last before the start of OG. I think she became less likeable each season, which is really too bad. I thought she was just stunted, but I think that's untrue- she was actually getting less mature each season.

Cate on the other hand- I felt SO sorry for her the entire 4 seasons. She was such a nice person and it just seemed like she was always getting shit on, either by her mother, Butch, or sometimes even Tyler. April was really shitty to her on multiple occasions for no reason. But I think during the break between the original show and OG, she really kind of turned into an asshole. If Maci's likeability gradually ebbed away, Cate's pretty much dropped off a cliff during the break.

One thing that I forgot- all three of these kids (yes, even Sophia) were freaking adorable during the original run. I just wanted to reach in the screen and hug them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

@Tatum I think of all the women profiled on this show, Maci and Kailyn were hurt the worst. I don’t think either are stupid, and while Maci had good family support, I do think Kailyn had IQ and drive. If the show hadn’t been a “thing” and they would’ve just had 1-2 seasons to get a financial safety net I think both would’ve finished some kind of educational program and gotten a decent job because they would’ve had to. Maci would be resentful of Ryan, but she would’ve met a guy at work or out and about and married him, without the “ego” of celebrity getting in the way. 

Kailyn would’ve treated Jo’s family better because she would’ve needed the free childcare for Issac. She may still have married and divorced Javi, but she could not afford to piss him off in the shady way she did, (hooking up with Chris while they were still married etc) I also think she would’ve been too busy working to have more than the first two kids. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Tatum I think of all the women profiled on this show, Maci and Kailyn were hurt the worst. I don’t think either are stupid, and while Maci had good family support, I do think Kailyn had IQ and drive. If the show hadn’t been a “thing” and they would’ve just had 1-2 seasons to get a financial safety net I think both would’ve finished some kind of educational program and gotten a decent job because they would’ve had to. Maci would be resentful of Ryan, but she would’ve met a guy at work or out and about and married him, without the “ego” of celebrity getting in the way. 

Agree with you on Kailyn, not 100% sure on Maci. I will give Maci a pass on her first year of community college. Trying to manage going to school and dealing with a baby largely on her own would have taken extreme discipline and was obviously an adjustment. But by season 2, it's abundantly clear she really has no interest in school, and was far more interested in locking down a husband than focusing on classes. She was taking the most basic of college generals (the show zoomed in on her transcripts a couple times) and failing them, largely because she looked for every excuse in the book to skip class.

And who can forget Maci, at 19 freakin' years old, asking Kyle to consider having a baby with her. Now in fairness, by season 2, between speaking gigs at schools and TM paycheck, she was probably pulling in $30-$50K a year. Had that ancillary income not been there, would she have been at least remotely invested in obtaining a degree and meaningful employment? I guess we will never know, but Maci has never shown a shred of interest or ambition in anything other than promoting herself as #girlbossing without really doing anything that actually resembles work.

• Like 8
40 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Agree with you on Kailyn, not 100% sure on Maci. I will give Maci a pass on her first year of community college. Trying to manage going to school and dealing with a baby largely on her own would have taken extreme discipline and was obviously an adjustment. But by season 2, it's abundantly clear she really has no interest in school, and was far more interested in locking down a husband than focusing on classes. She was taking the most basic of college generals (the show zoomed in on her transcripts a couple times) and failing them, largely because she looked for every excuse in the book to skip class.

And who can forget Maci, at 19 freakin' years old, asking Kyle to consider having a baby with her. Now in fairness, by season 2, between speaking gigs at schools and TM paycheck, she was probably pulling in $30-$50K a year. Had that ancillary income not been there, would she have been at least remotely invested in obtaining a degree and meaningful employment? I guess we will never know, but Maci has never shown a shred of interest or ambition in anything other than promoting herself as #girlbossing without really doing anything that actually resembles work.

I think Maci would’ve gotten some type of job because she would’ve HAD TO. If TM money had only been enough for a car and a little emergency cash and then it was over, I don’t doubt she would’ve looked for a husband (just like Chelsea would’ve) but she had a better chance meeting a husband out and about in society than just on apps or something.

I don’t think Maci’s parents would’ve been as generous as Randy was (Randy had more disposable income). I also think a Chelsea type was just happy as a SAHM, where as Maci wasn’t exactly fulfilled by that, she just didn’t want to do anything else. 🤣

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Maci would’ve gotten some type of job because she would’ve HAD TO. If TM money had only been enough for a car and a little emergency cash and then it was over, I don’t doubt she would’ve looked for a husband (just like Chelsea would’ve) but she had a better chance meeting a husband out and about in society than just on apps or something.

I don’t think Maci’s parents would’ve been as generous as Randy was (Randy had more disposable income). I also think a Chelsea type was just happy as a SAHM, where as Maci wasn’t exactly fulfilled by that, she just didn’t want to do anything else. 🤣

Rewatching the series from the beginning, I get the feeling the Bookouts were way less of enablers than Randalicious was.

I would say Maci was the most responsible the first season of the show (mainly focusing on Bentley, not going out much, trying to save money), and she makes multiple references to her parents always being on her ass about something (she says it more nicely than this), and I am thinking, geez Sharon, back off, she's doing her best and she's really not doing badly overall. I think the arrangement was Maci and Bentley could live with them for free, but Maci had to pay for all of Bentley's needs (food and diapers), and Maci was also responsible for Bentley at all times. There was none of this leaving Bentley with her parents night after night so she could go out. Sharon also was capable of giving it to Maci pretty straight whenever Maci would complain to her about something Ryan or school related.

I agree she would have worked a job if necessary, but I don't think she would have worked a traditional job one minute longer than necessary- I think she would have wanted to get pregnant and leave the workforce the second she was able to do so.

• Like 7

Wow, it looks like no one even watched this last night!  I missed a lot of it, but enough to decide that Jade and her family's (mother) story line is just way too tense, depressing and dysfunctional to enjoy watching.  I don't think I can watch anymore.  I still don't watch Cheyenne because she has no business even being on this show. 

Had to laugh when shown previews of upcoming season, shows Cate & Tyler saying "we're going to see Carly"!  Leah's segments were interesting because it discussed the issue with her breakup and the house situation, and her girls have grown up SO MUCH!!!  If they showed anything with Amber I totally missed it. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I stopped watching these twits some time ago but decided to take a look to see any progression. Since I’m not up to date could someone tell me how Cheyanne could afford that house in California? I’m alarmed at the couple whose baby is turning purple and gasping to breath because it makes it sounds like they’ve been putting it off.  Hope it was the doctors decision to holding it off.   I’m not  a doctor but seems to me that there would be breathing assistance. Distressing 

Edited by athousandclowns
On 1/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, suzeecat said:

I believe that MTV is just waiting for one of the kids to get pregnant (you know it's going to happen sooner rather than later), so they can start "Teen Mom: The Next Generation".

I agree with this.  But considering the fact that Leah's twins are turning 13, that's really likely to happen soon with at least one of the original Teen Mom kids.  MTV really doesn't need to keep broadcasting the boring moms - they can just swoop in with a big fat contract whenever one of the Teen Mom kids gets pregnant and then we can watch them.  

Jade really had it quite tough with her family.  I hope she's in therapy (I don't watch this show closely enough to know if that is happening).  I understand her desire to include her mother, but the woman is such a narcissist with anger issues that cutting her off would be the best course of action.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
On 7/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, athousandclowns said:

I stopped watching these twits some time ago but decided to take a look to see any progression. Since I’m not up to date could someone tell me how Cheyanne could afford that house in California? I’m alarmed at the couple whose baby is turning purple and gasping to breath because it makes it sounds like they’ve been putting it off.  Hope it was the doctors decision to holding it off.   I’m not  a doctor but seems to me that there would be breathing assistance. Distressing 

Cheyenne must have used her Teen Mom money to buy that house...it certainly wasn't coming from her loser husband who doesn't work. 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, suzeecat said:

Wow, it looks like no one even watched this last night!  I missed a lot of it, but enough to decide that Jade and her family's (mother) story line is just way too tense, depressing and dysfunctional to enjoy watching.  I don't think I can watch anymore.  I still don't watch Cheyenne because she has no business even being on this show. 

Had to laugh when shown previews of upcoming season, shows Cate & Tyler saying "we're going to see Carly"!  Leah's segments were interesting because it discussed the issue with her breakup and the house situation, and her girls have grown up SO MUCH!!!  If they showed anything with Amber I totally missed it. 

Amber quit the show I believe. Thankfully.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, athousandclowns said:

I’m alarmed at the couple whose baby is turning purple

Not a doctor either, but after 40 years in health care, that baby is terribly sick, and an unhealthy color.

• Like 1

So where do I begin!  Two episodes tonight but I've only watched one so far!

Tyler and Cate moved into a big, expensive home!  I bet those 6 movers were impressed!  Get a girl pregnant and you get all this!

Those two have to be so bored with each other spending 24 hours each day doing...nothing.  And the checks just keep on a coming!

I can't believe Brianna is all twitchy for her baby daddy.  She really does scrape the bottom of the barrell. 

Maci is having her implants removed and her storylines will mirror POCO! She'll talk about it all season long!

The sick little baby boy is Cheyannes first baby daddy baby.  Pretty clever how they brought his wife/girlfriend back on the show after they locked her out!  Brought her back to talk about their sick baby so nobody can complain about her.

Money, money, money!

I think Amber is still on the show.  I think last week they said she's going through something!  Sigh....

• Like 2
(edited)

I don't actually care about any of the people on this show, but I finally figured out who I want an update from:  Dr Tsao!  I always loved watching him take care of Ali, and the patience he had with his parents who really struggled to understand how to take care of her.   Who else does everyone miss?  How is Barbara doing (I think she was on one of the other Teen mom shows I missed)?

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1