Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Wreck the Halls

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

And ANDY COHEN is the puppetmaster!  He's in love with Austen and Craig, so they're here for dur-ack-ack-ack-ation.

Which original cast members are left, Shep, Craig, Kathryn, Whitney, Patricia.

It's slim pickings!

Andy seems to like party bros.

This was one of the most choppily and haphazardly edited shows of Southern Charm ever. Perhaps even Bravo as a whole. So bizarre. They teased that “fight” between Madison and Olivia all season so I naturally assumed we’d get some context as to why Olivia flipped her off. But no, we get absolutely none. This show definitely needs to be put out to pasture. 

On 9/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, Emmeline said:

I enjoyed the episode.  I think this season was much better than last season which was awful.  All the women looked lovely except for pages now and Kathryn, poor Kathryn.  She just dresses herself to excess.  Same with hair and makeup.  I’m glad she’s back to the red but it looks like a wig.

It’s a wig. She said her real hair is damaged from all the bleaching so she’s wearing a lot of wigs now. The red is so good on her

On 9/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, Thumper said:

Marcie did look great for having a two-week old baby!

I kind of don’t understand the point of that party — other than being an end-of-season gathering.  There seemed to be more seating available than people attending, and his coworkers were kind of shuffled off to the side.  Not that they wanted to be with this crew, either. lol

I felt bad for Venita.  She was probably told to approach Naomie.  Wouldn’t they have had this conversation prior to the party?

Craig was an ass.

The party was apparently supposed to be a charity event as well, though they clearly didn’t highlight that aspect of it! 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:45 AM, nexxie said:

Did Whitney ever sit down? Or was he just standing around directing all the faux drama? Maybe it’s time to put his production toys away and get a real job. But then, he’ll be fine once good ol’ Pat kicks the bucket. Maybe he’ll live in that big house with Naomie as his pretend wife.

The show does suck now. But I still think being a show producer is a real job. 

On 9/30/2022 at 5:04 PM, TruffleHog said:

Does anyone know what the Madison and Olivia fight was about?

I am going to assume it had something to do with Austin but not really sure because again, the editing on this episode was atrocious!

4 hours ago, Marley said:

I guess I missed it but why does Madison hate Leva so much? 

If the show continues on they need to get rid of a few ppl. 

I think because of that text that Venita showed Madison (or that Madison “accidentally” saw) where Leva said Madison was an idiot for … doing something (can’t recall the context). 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/30/2022 at 8:36 AM, snarts said:

I find it hard to believe that Venita & Naomi have really been friends for years because Naomi was one cold ass bitch to her. Then again, she often acts like a petulant (only) child. 

Which brings me to, her reaction to being relegated to the other table. Yes, the exact same table located merely feet away. The one where Craig's business partners and other non-Bravo guests were seated.  I sure hope that was scripted because Naomi & Leva acting as if they were sat in the kitchen was ridiculously over the top.  I've been to 50+ corporate parties and there's never once been a seating chart.

That's my biggest issue with Naomi, The dramatics and hyperbole. When she said to Venita that Craig was "attacking" her. What? When? She went at Craig at dinner demanding an apology for something that he didn't even say. Leva  completely misconstrued what was actually said and then had to gall to act as if she's defending her friend by running around calling Craig toxic to his business partners, all because she & Naomi were forced to sit at the same table they're at!

Finally, why does everyone act like Craig should be ashamed that he has business partners?  Business partners simply mean that someone else saw your vision and believed that it could be so successful that they invested their time and/or capital into it.  Leva should understand this, most restaurant concepts are funded by capital management groups.  Heck, there's a rumor that most of the cast are investors (including Craig) in one of Leva & her husband's restaurants.  

I also wonder how deep the Venita-Naomie friendship was prior to filming. I do get Naomie's anger, but both her and Venita's approach after the initial fight did not seem like it was between two people with familiarity. 

I don't think people have trouble accepting Craig having investors - I think some of us are disputing his contribution to the company. Those flashbacks of people "doubting" Craig? He was sleeping in, raging in public and - in the most telling segment - having Patricia explain to him the most basic definition of copyright law. Investors may have approached Craig, but I find it difficult to believe they'd let him handle anything but public appearances. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Which original cast members are left, Shep, Craig, Kathryn, Whitney, Patricia.

It's slim pickings!

Andy seems to like party bros.

Kathryn wasn't an official cast member in Season 1. I think she made opening credits of Season 2.

• Love 2

I hope Taylor was already thinking of quitting her job, because to do it for Shep was beyond foolish.  Shep was offering this trip as a way to string her along some more, and as a test.  Since she was hoping for a ring, she went for it.  I still don't understand why she wanted a ring from Shep.  Is it really his money?  If he didn't have money, would Taylor be interested in an aging frat boy with anger issues and a long string of failed relationships, hook-ups, cheating, and everything in between?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

What is $30k worth of travel suppose to prove.

That if they can tolerate enough selfies in front of famous landmarks, stays inluxury hotels and nice restaurant meals together, then what?

If Shep wants random hookups, wouldn't it be better if she's busy at work?

They've been talking about this plan for several episodes, with Craig and Austen going on about how she will be financially dependent on him.

So they've been talking about it for how long?  Doesn't sound like some spontaneous, in-the-moment romantic gesture, like people eloping.

Also interesting that only Craig and Austen weighed in.  The women didn't at all, even Taylor's supposed friends.  Well her best friends are probably not on the show..  Her parents would  have opinions?

• Love 4

I think all this talk about Craig still being in love with Naomi is mental.  I was also unhealthily angry at an ex who treated me like crap because they treated me like crap, not because I was still in love with them.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, izabella said:

I hope Taylor was already thinking of quitting her job, because to do it for Shep was beyond foolish.  Shep was offering this trip as a way to string her along some more, and as a test.  Since she was hoping for a ring, she went for it.  I still don't understand why she wanted a ring from Shep.  Is it really his money?  If he didn't have money, would Taylor be interested in an aging frat boy with anger issues and a long string of failed relationships, hook-ups, cheating, and everything in between?

…and Chiclets for teeth! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I don't think people have trouble accepting Craig having investors - I think some of us are disputing his contribution to the company.

HUZZAH!

4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Investors may have approached Craig, but I find it difficult to believe they'd let him handle anything but public appearances. 

I agree...and he doesn't even handle THOSE well...or average.

4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

The party was apparently supposed to be a charity event as well, though they clearly didn’t highlight that aspect of it! 

AND...Craig said he always wanted to have a company "big enough" to have a company party.   Yuck, yuck, yuck.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
On 9/30/2022 at 12:20 PM, Thumper said:

I was surprised ( but not) that Whitney didn’t accompany Naomie to the party.  Nor does he “ have her back” with Craig.  

That lie of a relationship fizzled quickly. I guess as soon as they realized nobody really cared (including Patricia) they would scrap that idea. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, aghst said:

What is $30k worth of travel suppose to prove.

That if they can tolerate enough selfies in front of famous landmarks, stays inluxury hotels and nice restaurant meals together, then what?

He was taking the advice of Bill Murray, who recently got a movie set shut down based on his inappropriate behavior toward a woman lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, snarts said:

She also had a falling out with Cameran & they no longer speak.

Really?  I remember seeing Leva on quite a few episodes in the earlier seasons, and I thought Cameran had said she and Leva had been friends since they were younger.  That's a shame if they no longer speak.  Does anyone know why?  I hope it wasn't because of the show.  It's a freaking TV show - it's not worth losing lifelong friendships over.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

HUZZAH!

I agree...and he doesn't even handle THOSE well...or average.

AND...Craig said he always wanted to have a company "big enough" to have a company party.   Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Yes! I can dislike someone and still praise their business acumen, but this company is just a propped-up cross promotion. There’s no sewing, really, like nothing custom. It’s all mass-produced, screen-printed pillows - the pillows you’d find at any discount home goods store. It’s a parody of himself, but he’s bought into it and now sees himself as a captain of industry or something. The show is heavily featured on the SDS website (one pillow described as “sew CHARMING.”) There is no store without the show, but I guess I’m sorta impressed there are enough fans to keep it afloat. 

Edited by RedInk
ETA: I know he sells more than pillows, but same sentiment for the graphic tees & placemats.
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mandymax said:

Really?  I remember seeing Leva on quite a few episodes in the earlier seasons, and I thought Cameran had said she and Leva had been friends since they were younger.  That's a shame if they no longer speak.  Does anyone know why?  I hope it wasn't because of the show.  It's a freaking TV show - it's not worth losing lifelong friendships over.

I am pretty sure it’s because of the show. I tried googling it and one thing was Leva saying it was awkward with Cam once she left the show and Leva was on more, and then there’s something else with Cam kind of saying the same thing but Cam doing her everything is perfect act and saying she still loves Leva tho. These shows seem to break up lots of friendships. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Huge red flag how all of Shep’s sweet and romantic words to Taylor were about HIM and what HE needs. 

I don’t like to diagnose anyone with an alcohol problem based on a reality TV show that documents only a small sliver of their life, and I’m not a clinician. And, hey, I like to drink too! But Craig…does not seem okay. He even seems lit in his talking heads at this point. 

Nice that they actually invited Venita to something. 

• Love 4
On 9/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, Emmeline said:

I enjoyed the episode.  I think this season was much better than last season which was awful. 

I didn’t see the last season but…it was WORSE?? 🤯

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2022 at 11:05 PM, RedInk said:

Similarly, I think she resents Venita just because she’s featured on the show. I see that all the time on these franchises. It’s like the friend doesn’t know “their place,” and stole the spotlight. But Venita has been dragged through the mud…they make her look absolutely pathetic. She’s not my favorite, but she doesn’t deserve this edit.

In one of the first episodes, Naomie and Venita were talking about how they went to the same high school and Naomie was one of the popular kids and Venita was a nerd (Venita’s words, I believe). I’m sure that plays into their dynamic and Naomie’s perception of Venita as well. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, izabella said:

Admittedly I have a soft spot for Taylor - because I feel like I have BEEN Taylor in my 20’s - but I just don’t get the gold digger vibe from her. I get the sense that she finds Shep fun and that she gets satisfaction from feeling (woefully misguidedly!!!!) like he “needs” her and that she’ll be the one to change him. 

8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That lie of a relationship fizzled quickly. I guess as soon as they realized nobody really cared (including Patricia) they would scrap that idea. 

Did Whitney and Naomie claim they were in a relationship? I thought they’d only claimed to have hooked up a couple of times — in which case I wouldn’t expect them to go as dates to the party. (Not that I really believe they’ve ever hooked up, but even within the fiction of the show, I don’t think they were ever dating.)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RedInk said:

Yes! I can dislike someone and still praise their business acumen, but this company is just a propped-up cross promotion. There’s no sewing, really, like nothing custom. It’s all mass-produced, screen-printed pillows - the pillows you’d find at any discount home goods store. It’s a parody of himself, but he’s bought into it and now sees himself as a captain of industry or something. The show is heavily featured on the SDS website (one pillow described as “sew CHARMING.”) There is no store without the show, but I guess I’m sorta impressed there are enough fans to keep it afloat. 

The Sewing Down South brand is mass distributed and carried by Home Goods, Wayfair, etc. The King St store is their only retail outlet. I'd argue that most of the people buying the pillows today have no idea who Craig Conover is.

No clue how the company's ownership is structured or how much of a role Craig actually plays in the day-to-day operations but there's no denying that the idea was his and that his quasi celebrity status helped boost initial interest. Whether the brand survives long term remains to be seen but the fact that they've so quickly gained deals with some of the largest home decor businesses certainly bodes well.

He was (rightfully) maligned for many years as lacking ambition, so I find it completely understandable why he's so eager to show off their success. Plus, if it wasn't his company holiday party, they'd have had some other excuse for a fancy season ending event (Founder's Ball anyone?)

Actually quite curious what Naomi is doing career-wise.  She was so eager to complete her MBA, only to do what? Beg to come back on this show? Maybe with her father's passing, she's set financially. But I do find it a bit comical that she's seemingly now OK with simply living the Bravo life. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ladle said:

In one of the first episodes, Naomie and Venita were talking about how they went to the same high school and Naomie was one of the popular kids and Venita was a nerd (Venita’s words, I believe). I’m sure that plays into their dynamic and Naomie’s perception of Venita as well. 

Her description of their great friendship was they went to high school together and they play tennis every week.  Unless they are shouting confidences across the court they may not be all that close.

1 hour ago, ladle said:

I didn’t see the last season but…it was WORSE?? 🤯

There was a lot of racial angst with the new cast members.  Cathryn sent a monkey emoji to a Black woman, confederate statues were coming down to mixed opinion, etc.  It wasn’t the light show of the past.

• Love 1

That Craig-Naomie-Leva fight was scripted to hell so it's not worth commenting over.

What I will say is this, you can give Madison new teeth, new boobs, heck of a lot of makeup, some really fancy party dress and a new fiancé, and her attitude still is, and will always be, trailer trash.

It's too bad her and Shep did not hook up because they're so perfect for each other.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

How I love hate watching this show.

Pat's Christmas trees are ugly.

Whitney is awkward and only getting more so.

Shep gets relationship advice from Bill Murray. Shocker.

Taylor: "Every girls' dream" is NOT being in a foreign country with Shep. Ew.

Naomie: You're really mean to Venita. Venita is awkward and makes mistakes, but give her a break. You've known her for years.

Austen is feeling Olivia more now that she hates Madison, too. I agree with her, though, about Mean Girl Energy. I hate that stuff.

Bravo: Please never show me a shot of Austen's crotch again. At least I lost my appetite and now have leftovers for tomorrow.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, ladle said:

but I just don’t get the gold digger vibe from her.

I don't either; but I also think she's part of the super-normie massive bell-curve of people who feel that money is a notable and measurable factor in love.  -shrug-

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, queta said:

Naomie: You're really mean to Venita. Venita is awkward and makes mistakes, but give her a break. You've known her for years.

Hasn't Venita had some "mean" talking heads...and retorts?  I wish Production had planned better before bringing her on as a character.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Hasn't Venita had some "mean" talking heads...and retorts?  I wish Production had planned better before bringing her on as a character.  

I honestly don't think so, but maybe I missed them.  Yeah, I feel like Venita was put in a very difficult position.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, queta said:
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I honestly don't think so, but maybe I missed them.

Maybe I thought her snide little bragging "all about how fabulous I am," just irritated me.  If she's the "Influencer" she claims to be, maybe she should concentrate on that and not be a side (sidelined) character on this dreck.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Maybe I thought her snide little bragging "all about how fabulous I am," just irritated me.  If she's the "Influencer" she claims to be, maybe she should concentrate on that and not be a side (sidelined) character on this dreck.

Yeah, it appears that her "Influencer" thing is working for her. I think she's socially a little awkward and out of her depth. Her tears over Naomie's dismissal of their friendship looked real to me. I hope she only stays on the show if it works for her. To me she seems too sensitive to be on a show like this. (I would be, too. I'd probably be bawling every time someone was the slightest bit mad at me. I'm a big wimp...)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And WHERE and WHEN is there a possibility of even a DATE...not some romance, but even a date

I mean, are Olivia and Naomi’s “dates” with Austin and Whitney any better? I think we can do without anymore fake dating storylines. And just because we haven’t seen Venita go on a date on camera doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Leva—and Cameron—have whole-ass husbands that don’t appear on screen. And, for all we know, maybe her friend that she brought to Craig’s party was her date.

• Like 3
On 10/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, gingerella said:

And doesn't Leva have multiple restaurants to be managing or overseeing managers of said establishments? 

From this article about Leva's upcoming Bravo series:

Leva Bonaparte Shares Trailer For Her “Southern Charm” Spinoff Series

Leva owns four restaurants on the hottest street in town and Republic is the crown jewel of her kingdom.” Leva and her husband, Lamar, own Republic Development & Management Group, which runs 1st Place Premium Sports Pub, Bourbon N’ Bubbles, MESU, and Republic – all of which are on King Street.

• Love 1

I’ve been to all those places Leva owns and it IS impressive to see how she has this super successful King Street monopoly at her age…surely she must come from money because I cannot fathom how she would have the capital to start up these bougie ventures otherwise.

They’re all nicer upscale joints, even though Republic is a bit in the douchey side—I’m hoping maybe she’ll reveal more of how she originally got into these ventures on her show.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, ProudMary said:

Leva owns four restaurants on the hottest street in town and Republic is the crown jewel of her kingdom.” Leva and her husband, Lamar, own Republic Development & Management Group, which runs 1st Place Premium Sports Pub, Bourbon N’ Bubbles, MESU, and Republic – all of which are on King Street.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2