Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Truth Hurts

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

Yes, yes.  I was coming here to post that it seems like she views his additional wives as slaves, and brood sows whose only purpose is to produce offspring.  This whole situation will never even happen, but if it did she'd probably want to keep them from having actual sex, just have him donate his semen, from as far away as possible, definitely keep him in the U.S. and them in Africa without ever being able to visit the U.S., throw fits every time he wanted to spend any time with or even communicate with the mothers of his children or even the children themselves, wouldn't want them to ever visit the U.S. either.

I think Usman, like so many foreigners from poorer countries, think all U.S. citizens are wealthy, any time Kimbaaaly has been reluctant to pay for anything he likely thinks it's for reasons other than she can't afford it, and that if he does marry her and move to the U.S. she will be able to financially support this entire dream world of multiple wives with lots of babies all living in harmony, and/or he will make so much money here as a famous musician that he could pay for it.  Nothing but fantasies going on between these two, if any of it is even real.

I thinks she probably does, foolishly especially at her age, should know better.  The only way this situation would actually work out is if, besides both being in agreement on various aspects of it and having a solid plan which neither is or does, one or both would need a whole lot more money than is evident either has or is capable of acquiring, so that they could fund these slave/brood sows in Africa, can find someone willing to do pretty much anything for enough money.

But even if she had it Kimbaaaly would be really stingy with money resulting in the other wives and kids suffering and never-ending problems, completely insane for either of them to think this is realistic.

Like this union of marriage will last, lol.

• Love 1

Bilal doesn't have a couple of years to waste before having kids. The time to start trying now. Shaeeda is 37 and time is running out. Why doesn't he get that? He didn't marry a 22 year old or even a 32 year old. He's wants to wait until it's near impossible for Shae to get pregnant. We see you, Bilal. He is despicable! 

No, Kimbaally. People don't throw things when they get mad. You throw things when you get mad. It's  childish and disrespectful. Grow up, lady. 

Jenny doesn't want Sumit to work? WTF is her problem? If she thinks she is going to convince Sumit to move to America she is living in delusionville. The look on his face when she said that tells it all. 

For once I agree with Andreii. Charlie is a toxic drunk and he wants nothing to do with him. How many family brawls does the family have to endure before Mama Libby understands that? I also don't think Andreii would try to alienate Libby from her family if they were normal, decent people which they aren't. I continue to love Andreii's dad. A sweet, sensible, supportive, loving man. That is my idea of a wonderful in-law. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

For once I agree with Andreii. Charlie is a toxic drunk and he wants nothing to do with him. How many family brawls does the family have to endure before Mama Libby understands that?

I agree.  But first we get Libby actually being able to sing, and learning Romanian so she can talk to her father-in-law, and now Andrrrei is drawing a valid line with Libby's delusional mother.  I can't take much more of this.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Libby has a nice voice, but it's all wrong for this project. Nursery rhymes are light and bouncy because that's what soothes babies. Libby's renditions sound like some 90s alt-rock group doing dark, edgy rhymes as part of a concept album.

Sumit's become so disillusioned with low-income life with Jenny, he's willing to work 6 days a week. Either that, or Mommy and Daddy were paying his bills and no longer are.

Ed and Liz aren't nearly as interesting as they think they are. Ditto with Kimberly and Usman, and Angela and whoever.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Bilal doesn't have a couple of years to waste before having kids. The time to start trying now. Shaeeda is 37 and time is running out. Why doesn't he get that? He didn't marry a 22 year old or even a 32 year old. He's wants to wait until it's near impossible for Shae to get pregnant. We see you, Bilal. He is despicable! 

It’s evident he doesn’t want kids and just stringing her along.  If I were her, I’d just stop all birth control and get pregnant.  See a doctor.  He’s really the worse.  Treats Sheeda more like a child than his wife.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Dear Angela,

Please don't come to Canada.  We've already been through so much this year and I'm not sure we could handle it. 

Yours sincerely,

A concerned Canadian.

Co-sign Greekmom

• Love 3

I'm increasingly skeptical about Shaeeda's desperation for a baby. If she were legit so invested in being a mother, why would she--at 37, kind of last-minute-ish--choose a twice-married guy who already has two kids and is condescending, controlling, inflexible, OCD-prone, possessing all the non-kid-friendly traits imaginable, to be the father he clearly doesn't want to be. She's beautiful, at least in lots of makeup, and could probably have had her pick. And supposedly she's the one who was eager to be on the show and play out all this drama in front of the whole world. Seems sketchy to me.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

It’s evident he doesn’t want kids and just stringing her along.  If I were her, I’d just stop all birth control and get pregnant.  See a doctor.  He’s really the worse.  Treats Sheeda more like a child than his wife.  

He may just be pulling out. Or using condoms.  I'm not an Islamic scholar by any means, but it seems to be a complicated subject.  She's probably not on the pill.

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

i question if Usman really wants the green card or just a rich sugar mama to keep him in the lifestyle he feels he deserves and live in Nigeria?

You may be on to something there. I don't recall him ever saying anything about moving to America. Being married to Kim but staying in Nigeria, he can have her foot the bills for his lifestyle and recording career while at the same time adding other young nubile (love that word!) wives to have his children. He gets to have everything his way, occasionally giving Kim the yammy to keep the money coming, but not immigrating. BGL wasn't a good wife for this scheme because she was from Pennsylvania. Kim is from California, an area that Usman thinks will help promote his music. Plus she has the added advantage of her MJ obsession to help her become his manager. He doesn't need to move to America, he's an INTERNATIONAL star and can stop here on a world tour without a green card. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

If she were legit so invested in being a mother, why would she--at 37, kind of last-minute-ish--choose a twice-married guy who already has two kids and is condescending, controlling, inflexible, OCD-prone, possessing all the non-kid-friendly traits imaginable, to be the father he clearly doesn't want to be.

I wonder, does she even know about Wife #1? He has certainly kept that a secret although I imagine by now she's heard about it just like we have, outside of the show. Maybe that could be some drama this season when it comes to light. 

On 9/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, greekmom said:

Sparks fly when Kim meets Usman's friend.

Shouldn't that be "milkshakes"? It did appear that some might have splashed on his buddy who looked none too pleased to be in the crossfire

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

You may be on to something there. I don't recall him ever saying anything about moving to America. Being married to Kim but staying in Nigeria, he can have her foot the bills for his lifestyle and recording career while at the same time adding other young nubile (love that word!) wives to have his children. He gets to have everything his way, occasionally giving Kim the yammy to keep the money coming, but not immigrating. BGL wasn't a good wife for this scheme because she was from Pennsylvania. Kim is from California, an area that Usman thinks will help promote his music. Plus she has the added advantage of her MJ obsession to help her become his manager. He doesn't need to move to America, he's an INTERNATIONAL star and can stop here on a world tour without a green card. 

1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

You're wrong here, he is an INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR rather than just a star.

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I wonder, does she even know about Wife #1? He has certainly kept that a secret although I imagine by now she's heard about it just like we have, outside of the show. Maybe that could be some drama this season when it comes to light. 

Shouldn't that be "milkshakes"? 

Someone she knows must have told her about BGL but I think she's not to be mentioned for legal reasons.

Just now, Welshman in Ca said:

Someone she knows must have told her about BGL but I think she's not to be mentioned for legal reasons.

I'm talking about Bilal's Wifey #1. Sorry they merged my comments so that it looked like I was talking about Usman. 

For legal reasons, BGL is not mentioned by name, just as Usman's "ex" from America. 

13 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I actually thought Libby’s voice was surprisingly good.  Of course it need work but I think she has some natural talent.  The teacher’s face when she mentioned nursery rhymes though was priceless.  I don’t think it’s a money maker but could be  a cute idea for tic-tok and she probably has some level of followers from the show. 

I thought that she's sticking with Nursery Rhymes because they are all in the Public Domain and TLC wouldn't have to get permissions for them. YouTube is chock full of nursery rhyme videos for any number of bored toddlers, but they all have colorful animation with them (of wildly varying levels of quality) and I don't think the songs themselves are what's keeping the kids' interest.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm talking about Bilal's Wifey #1. Sorry they merged my comments so that it looked like I was talking about Usman. 

For legal reasons, BGL is not mentioned by name, just as Usman's "ex" from America. 

Sorry, got my ex wives confused, it's easy to do when you have more than one, trust me I know how hard it is sometimes.

I have no idea why Bile's first wife is never mentioned but inquiring minds would like to know, okay nosy me would.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm increasingly skeptical about Shaeeda's desperation for a baby. If she were legit so invested in being a mother, why would she--at 37, kind of last-minute-ish--choose a twice-married guy who already has two kids and is condescending, controlling, inflexible, OCD-prone, possessing all the non-kid-friendly traits imaginable, to be the father he clearly doesn't want to be. She's beautiful, at least in lots of makeup, and could probably have had her pick. And supposedly she's the one who was eager to be on the show and play out all this drama in front of the whole world. Seems sketchy to me.

I don't buy it either.  I think it's made up drama for the show.  Further to that, it's super boring and uninteresting.  I also wonder why the hell Shaeeda would saddle herself with Bilal and this stupid show but from what I read she wants to be a social media influencer or some such shit (of course she does) so I guess this gets her the exposure. 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, magemaud said:

I looked it up, Usman is only allowed by Nigerian and Islamic laws to have four wives at the same time and is required to spend equal amounts of time and money on each wife. No fifth wife, at least while Kim is in the picture, and no just making babies but otherwise ignoring any of the wives. 

So, Kimberrelli knew this Nigerian law and still went with him?  She doesn’t mind him sleeping with other women?  Do they believe in marring for love there?  Guess not.  Yeah, I’ll let my husband have a few wives besides me, lol.  Where’s the rifle?  I’d shoot him dead.

2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

So, Kimberrelli knew this Nigerian law and still went with him?

I think the way Usman sold the idea (or the way she stupidly interpreted it) was that she would be the "love wife" and the others would just bear his children, but he neglected to mention the equality issue. His friend brought that up pre-milkshake tossing, how the wives would all be friends and live together. She must fancy herself as the Queen and head wife of a harem of concubines in an Arabian Nights fairytale who has special prominence and gets all his love and attention while acting as his advisor. The others are just breeders of his children and she has no interest in ever knowing anything about any of them, wives or kids. 

6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

And can you imagine being in a marriage that utterly joyless? Especially in the earliest days, when everybody's deliriously happy.

That was becoming apparent by the Tell All, filmed about six months after their wedding. They both appeared miserable. 

Sumit and Jenny: Some honeymoon. Since when has he ever mentioned being adventurous or thrill-seeking? Nothing has ever come up about wanting to do things. He just seemed to be like Jenny- be a couch potato. Is he trying to get rid of her now that he is 'married' and it isn't quite what he wants. She did come across as being needy and this relationship is showing codependency. Sumit, you knew that Jenny is not particularly adventurous, probably won't like some 'extreme' adrenaline activities. You can't force her to jump off a cliff, or bungee jump, or anything. Not every experience you have needs to tie in to Jenny. You want to do some thrill-stuff? Find a couple of friends and go away for a weekend. Jenny can support you, but doesn't have to do stuff if she has a fear of heights, or whatever. You should know that about her. Maybe find a couple of activities she might like. Some is maybe the age difference as he is still a youngish, vital (?) man and she is winding down in to a more quiet life. Maybe part of the thrill for you was going against your parents and marrying her. Now that has happened, it's boring. And yeah, Jenny, he does need to work and you have to find things to do with your time that don't include him. I never got the appeal of rose petals everywhere and it's just a mess to clean up.

Usman and Kim: He is using you, lady. He should have been upfront about the multiple wives and his expectations. He should not be thinking of all these wives and possible future children without any income to provide for them. You also knew about his Muslim faith. It is not fair to the women to just be treated like breeding sows - how would you like to be less than a person. You are not the head wife and I don't see you living with the other ones. I wouldn't be wasting my time or milkshake on this dude. The relationship you have with him doesn't past the smell test.

Michael and Angela: So the guy has no money since Ange has cut him off. If she can have her Instagram, so can he. Michael is a grown man who can tell the female 'fans' thanks for your interest, but I have a wife that I love, etc. Easy to shut down. You like to have a 'husband' even though he is away, but still do what you want. The buffet was a bit cringe with the cucumbers and ice cream talk. And now you are heading off to Nigeria?

Bilal and Shaeeda: Yeah, Bilalzebub. No baby for at least a year or two. By then, it will be more difficult for Shaeeda to have a child. Why waste her time if you do not want a child? So you have a pretty accessory on your arm? Why go to the expensive decor shop and say no to everything and then lecture her on the baby department and spending.

Andreii and Libby: Libs, there are thousands of people with much better singing voices and talent than you whose success is local choirs, local entertainers and such. Maybe if you write some original kids' music. Plus do take into account that people really don't like to pay for anything and you will need millions of streams of your songs to get any meaningful money. It takes a lot of talent, support, and money to make it these days. The music biz isn't what it used to be. Maybe find a way to manufacture yourself into some sort of pop person, who can easily be replaced the following week. Nice to see Papa Andreii. Such a nice man. At least you made an effort to learn some Romanian. Andreii is right about Charlie and setting some boundaries. The whole Lib family needs to learn healthy, respectful boundaries.

Ed and Liz: So forgettable. He is not going to teach you much about photography and will just insult you and ensure that you never eclipse him, whether you do have any talent for it. He will continue to flatter his attractive subjects. And no, you will never fill the pit of need in him. Sometimes love isn't enough for a relationship. You can love someone and not be in a relationship with the person. Love does not equal relationship.

Edited by Frozendiva
she to he
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Craigcodybazhate said:

The funny thing is this guy really thinks he’s Kendrick Lamar and these women buy it. 

There's not a nightclub in any major US city that would give Usman the time of day. They'd see an unattractive thirtysomething hack with no real talent and say "Thanks for for coming in to show us what you've got. Don't call us, we'll call you."

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2

Liz and Ed are ridiculous. He was too sensitive about her comment on the photo of her friend looking like she had no neck. She wasn't wrong. If Ed were a professional photographer he would see that. He would also know you have to take a gazillion photo's just to get a few good ones. As for Liz, Ed was flirting because he had the attention of Liz' beautiful model friend. She was jealous, not because she wants to learn photography but because Ed hasn't changed a bit and she knows it. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Usman and Kim: He is using you, lady. He should have been upfront about the multiple wives and his expectations. He should not be thinking of all these wives and possible future children without any income to provide for them.

He wants Kimbally for the money and the other 3 wives for the babies. It's obvious. Wake  up, Kimbally. I died when he told her he would bring one baby to America for Kimbally to raise! Sure, Usman. That will make her happy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

There's not a nightclub in any major US city that would give Usman the time of day. They'd see an unattractive thirtysomething hack with no real talent and say "Thanks for for coming in to show us what you've got. Don't call us, we'll call you."

Not necessarily. A city with a vibrant African community may invite him, but he would still need to be touring or joining various festivals.

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

She must fancy herself as the Queen and head wife of a harem of concubines in an Arabian Nights fairytale who has special prominence and gets all his love and attention while acting as his advisor.

Yup. She imagined herself the Queen Bee, the one he truly loves and the other women are simply women that bear his children. She figured that there would be no other connection between the two (or now potential multiple wives). That killed it for her. All wives equal, lady. I hope next week they break up and it's over. I don't really care how hurt she is either.

30 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

There's not a nightclub in any major US city that would give Usman the time of day.

Once they see tag-along Kimmy in tow, any interest would dissipate. Who wants what looks like an old lady connected to a potential new star? I say "what looks like" because she's really only 52, which isn't all that old (in my book)! Oh, plus she's quite the clod.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Craigcodybazhate said:

Wait so I think Usman and Kimberly are on the wrong show. They should be on Seeking Sister Wife. 

Don’t give them any ideas! It’ll be the next 90-day spinoff with people we never want to see again. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Just wanted to add that Billykins is hard at work trying to brainwash Shy and she's going for it. He had her apologizing to the ex for no reason. She doesn't understand what she did wrong because she didn't do anything wrong. He's a controlling insecure guy and now she's stuck with him. She should have run when she could and I think having kids with this guy is only going to tie him to her forever. Get out now, Shy. I think Billykins doesn't want kids and he's just stringing her along. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He's wants to wait until it's near impossible for Shae to get pregnant. We see you, Bilal. He is despicable! 

There is also a higher likelihood of birth defects with each year.  And I don’t see perfect Bilal embracing an imperfect child.

Who would take advice from an Imam on his third marriage?

Jenny doesn't want Sumit to work? WTF is her problem?

So let’s say he decided to “retire” with her.  Then when she dies in 20 years he will be in his early 50s with a 20-year gap in employment.  But that won’t be her problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

For once I agree with Andreii. Charlie is a toxic drunk and he wants nothing to do with him.

I would set a condition like I will see him once he completes an inpatient rehab or when he gets a six-months sober coin from AA.  Then the ball is in Charlie’s court. And those are not ridiculous requests considering his past antics.

9 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Ed and Liz aren't nearly as interesting as they think they are

Ed looks like a hippity hop and he has the nerve to tell Liz to lose weight.  Also they are both alcohol abusers and booze is a lot of empty calories.  Not to mention the bar food ordered when buzzed like onion rings and mozzarella sticks lol.  And Ed you claim Liz is immature but you are spouting that Zodiac nonsense as an excuse for your toxic relationship?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sorry, got my ex wives confused, it's easy to do when you have more than one, trust me I know how hard it is sometimes.

I have no idea why Bile's first wife is never mentioned but inquiring minds would like to know, okay nosy me would.

Maybe the first wife is from the rough part of another idyllic coastal city.

7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I don't buy it either.  I think it's made up drama for the show.  Further to that, it's super boring and uninteresting.  I also wonder why the hell Shaeeda would saddle herself with Bilal and this stupid show but from what I read she wants to be a social media influencer or some such shit (of course she does) so I guess this gets her the exposure. 

He said on the Tell All she didn’t want kids and he had to talk her into them.  So color me confused.  He’s an asshole but may be telling the truth on this point.

7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So, Kimberrelli knew this Nigerian law and still went with him?  She doesn’t mind him sleeping with other women?  Do they believe in marring for love there?  Guess not.  Yeah, I’ll let my husband have a few wives besides me, lol.  Where’s the rifle?  I’d shoot him dead.

If Usman moves to the US they can just find an egg donor and a surrogate and he can be a bio dad.  Then he wouldn’t even have to have sex with the mother.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Breedom said:

Yup. She imagined herself the Queen Bee, the one he truly loves and the other women are simply women that bear his children. She figured that there would be no other connection between the two (or now potential multiple wives). That killed it for her. All wives equal, lady. I hope next week they break up and it's over. I don't really care how hurt she is either.

Once they see tag-along Kimmy in tow, any interest would dissipate. Who wants what looks like an old lady connected to a potential new star? I say "what looks like" because she's really only 52, which isn't all that old (in my book)! Oh, plus she's quite the clod.  

It’s like the bizarro Celine Dion scenario.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

True. That's rule two: Espicey Latinas are prone to angry outbursts, jealous rages, and drink throwing. 

Didn’t someone throw a drink when Chantel, Pedro, Pedro’s sister, and Pedro’s alleged girlfriend met?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Breedom said:

She doesn't understand what she did wrong because she didn't do anything wrong

Now that I’ve rewatched that scene and know the outcome, I think Shaeeda  comes across as calm and reasonable while Shahida goes all “East Diego” and flounces off. Shouldn’t SHE be the one Bilal is “disappointed” in? 

• Applause 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Now that I’ve rewatched that scene and know the outcome, I think Shaeeda  comes across as calm and reasonable while Shahida goes all “East Diego” and flounces off. Shouldn’t SHE be the one Bilal is “disappointed” in? 

I have a theory about Bile & his baby momma. She left him & he is still in love with her and that is why she can't do any wrong in his eyes no matter how much of a bitch she is to his current wife. Obviously just my opinion but I can't figure out any other reason for his attitude to her.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He said on the Tell All she didn’t want kids and he had to talk her into them.

Shaeeda immediately contradicted him when he said that by replying, “That’s not the way it happened at all”, and I believe her. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Shaeeda immediately contradicted him when he said that by replying, “That’s not the way it happened at all”, and I believe her. 

The thing is it’s a typical Bilal word salad because if he is the one who wants kids he wouldn’t be putting the brakes on it now.   It’s pretty funny that his mom was candid that she got pregnant one month after her wedding and I have not heard that her marriage was an unhappy one.  My mom got pregnant two months after her wedding and was married for 59 years.  I get he wants to know her better but that is why you marry someone local that you can date in the real world not online.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Applause 1

I've decided on this franchise there are two kinds of dramatic Flounces: A standard Flounce is where a person walks off camera, and the less common Toss and Flounce where the exit is preceded by a Drink(updated: or Cake) Toss. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10