Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Truth Hurts

• Start Topic

Sparks fly when Kim meets Usman's friend. Andrei confronts Libby's mom about Charlie. Liz questions if Ed is trying to be a husband or her father. Shaeeda gets baby fever. Jenny worries Sumit is getting bored. Angela makes a decision about her marriage. 

First Look: 16/9/22; TLC: 18/9/22; Discovery+: 18/9/22

It was a long hour's slog.

First we get to watch Libby's voice class. I didn't like her singing voice but that is just me. Maybe if she is paying the vocal coach, she will continue lessons. I don't think she realizes what a long haul it will be to get anything going career-wise. She may have to have limited success.

Angela is playing with her grandkids and it is Mykull's birthday. She claims he has become shady, so she isn't doing much. She calls him from the car. I think she is looking for an exit plan.

Kimbaaaaly meets Usman's friend, who goes on about multiple wives but that the man is not allowed to have a preferred or favourite wife. He has to hide that from all the wives. Uh, yeah, that will work well. She doesn't want to meet Wife #2 or any of the kids and she wants to be the Grand Poobah of the wives. She doesn't like what she is being told, gets up in a huff and walks away. Usman, gotta rethink the plan.

Andreii's nice dad is coming for a long visit from Moldova. Mom Andreii hasn't gotten her visa yet. Libby has learned some Romanian and can carry out a basic conversation. She has even taught Ellie some of the language. They go for ice cream. Dad notes how large the portions are and said he likes the house. The conversation then goes to Charlie and his drinking problem.

Jenny and Sumit are going on their honeymoon. Jenny, of course, is packing for all occasions, and Sumit has to drive when it is still daylight out.

Bilal and Shaeeda are going shopping for home decor. Same sort of story as Thais and Patrick. She picks out bright stuff she likes (even a pink shirt that he hates), and he isn't keen on buying anything. Uh, she is your wife, and she should be able to buy a few knick-knacks to make the house her own. I'd feel like a guest in my own house with zero personal touches. Anyway, the overpriced decor shop has a baby section and Bilal is pretty much dragging her out to the regular store - he doesn't want a baby for at least a year. He does find some sort of Newlyweds book and magically finds the spender vs saver page. Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Thought bubble over Libby’s voice coach’s head: “A little pitchy, dawg!” 
Angela with her grandkids made me think of the old SNL skit, “The Loud Family” where everybody screamed at each other. Then Angela kicked up the decibels even higher when she called Michael. I had to laugh when she asked him if he went out for his birthday and he tried to garner sympathy by saying he couldn’t afford to celebrate so he stayed home which further infuriated her. I was totally unmoved by Angela’s tears! (Btw, I noticed Michael’s last Instagram post was four days ago. Coincidence?) 

Back to comment on Kim and Sojaboy. Last season when she threw a drink in his face, they were alone. Now she’s done the same thing but in front of his friend. How emasculating for Usman! Didn’t BGL also do that? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Does he realistically think he will find 3 other wives?

Does he think he’s Kody Brown? 

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe if she is paying the vocal coach, she will continue lessons. 

I noticed the coach said she would need lots of lessons, of course! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why doesn't Summit drive at night?  And if they have to stay at the old house due to surprise visits from immigration, why can they just go on a honeymoon? Are they not afraid that the immigration may knock on their door while they are away? Or did they put a sign "Away Fishing." ?  You can tell their age difference is showing with him wanting to go hiking, zip lining, camping, and river rafting.  Her - lay on the beach.

In Kimberly's mind, the second wife isn't really a second wife - she's the side piece that Kim has to put up with to keep Usman. So as long as she doesn't see her, meet her or know anything about her really then Kim is fine with it because she thinks she has Usman's love (but doesn't care about his respect). One other thing. To have many wives, my understanding is that you need to be wealthy enough to support these wives and children. How is Usman going to do that? I mean he's scamming women left and right for money.

I have to commend Libby for learning Moldovian  Romanian and teaching Ellie.  Especially since they were in the States. Others can learn from her. *cough* *cough* Jenny.

Edited by greekmom
my bad
  • Love 10

I truly can’t stand watching “Big” Ed or Bilal so fast forward through their segments.  Thanking you all for the abbreviated recaps of their stories.  It prevents much irritation for me.  😬

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

Why doesn't Summit drive at night?  And if they have to stay at the old house due to surprise visits from immigration, why can they just go on a honeymoon? Are they not afraid that the immigration may knock on their door while they are away? Or did they put a sign "Away Fishing." ?  You can tell their age difference is showing with him wanting to go hiking, zip lining, camping, and river rafting.  Her - lay on the beach.

In Kimberly's mind, the second wife isn't really a second wife - she's the side piece that Kim has to put up with to keep Usman. So as long as she doesn't see her, meet her or know anything about her really then Kim is fine with it because she thinks she has Usman's love (but doesn't care about his respect). One other thing. To have many wives, my understanding is that you need to be wealthy enough to support these wives and children. How is Usman going to do that? I mean he's scamming women left and right for money.

I have to commend Libby for learning Moldovian and teaching Ellie.  Especially since they were in the States. Others can learn from her. *cough* *cough* Jenny.

I don’t like night driving, especially in winter. It takes 5-10 minutes for my eyes to adjust to the hideously bright halogen headlights. Winter here means ice and black ice and poor driving conditions. At least when it is daytime, you can see more. Maybe Sumit has eye issues. I would think that Immigration would not have the time, energy, and desire to make a lot of surprise visits. Don’t know if it is the age difference in terms of Sumit wanting some thrills. Jenny may like more relaxed things to do and that is something Sumit knew about. Not sure I would want to go camping and sleep on the ground. Here it is things like bears being around; there - maybe poisonous snakes. I have a fear of heights, but might be game for the zip line thrill. Hiking is fine. I don’t swim but if it is okay for me to do the whitewater rafting, I would go for it. I am not a beach person. A lot of these activities are not cheap and I wonder if that is part of Jenny’s not being keen on doing some of the stuff.

Usman can’t afford one wife, much less four. Kids are not cheap. I wonder if Kimbaaaaly will ask him point-blank if she is expected to fund him and all the wives. He may ‘love’ her but there doesn’t seem much balance in their relationship.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I have a fear of heights, but might be game for the zip line thrill.

We did see her zip lining in the season preview, followed by what she referred to as "Karma Sutra." 

17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

At least when it is daytime, you can see more. Maybe Sumit has eye issues.

I would also be reluctant to drive in the dark in what looks to be an unfamiliar mountainous region even if I had perfect vision. 

Dammit, Libby.  I've spent years developing a real hatred for you and your family and all the manufactured drama, and then you're going to start indulging in your passion for singing and I'm rolling my eyes, but then you sing and I really like your voice.  Mary Had a Little Lamb had me thinking, "You're actually not bad," but The Itsy Bitsy Spider had real flair. 

And then you start talking to your father-in-law in Romanian, and you're able to understand some of what he's saying when he's speaking at speed.  That's thoughtful, and impressive.  Fortunately Andrrrrei is still a hotheaded asshole with a weird haircut, so it's not total redemption.

As if that weren't bad enough, I was riding my bike this afternoon and I always have a song going through my head.  And what was in there and couldn't be dislodged?  The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Argh.  But as I had it going over and over in my head, I realized that I always pictured the spider going up one of those vertical gutters (I'm assuming that's what the water spout is), on the outside.  And the rain comes and knocks him off, and he goes back up.

But actually, the rain came down and washed the spider out.  So I now think I've always been wrong and the spider is going up the inside of the water spout, and when it rains, the water goes down through the spout and takes the spider with it.  So Libby's stupid dream of singing nursery rhymes has resulted in my gaining a deeper understanding of The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  I never saw that coming.

Fortunately, Andrrrei is still a hotheaded asshole with a weird haircut.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

I'm feeling pity for Angela. She has absolutely no insight as to her horrific behavior towards Michael. Why would anyone want or love someone like that? Or respect them? She will never, ever realize that she's the one that makes people shun her. She can't and won't see that and that makes her destiny clear: she'll end up alone and bitter and will continually blame others for pushing her away. You know that if she does split from Michael, she will replay this story over and over again, accusing, screaming and threatening in order to keep her guy. The guys that she attracts aren't exactly accomplished, successful men.

I don't believe that 5K request from Michael, either. It didn't sound like him.

LIbby's voice: It surprised me. She sounded fairly good, but I don't think her voice is suited for nursery rhymes. I do love that she is going after her passion despite not having any encouragement growing up and I don't see support now from the family either. I wish her success.

I'm one of the few that love Andrei. I saw that John as in John/Patrick/Theis was on Pillow Talk. I love this guy!

• Love 4
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was totally unmoved by Angela’s tears!

Crocodile tears to match her crocodile skin.  Michael can’t flirt on IG but she can go visit a stripper in Canada.

I thought nursery rhymes are supposed to soothe not cause nightmares.

11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Why doesn't Summit drive at night?  

With all the obstacles in the road over there I don’t blame him.

11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Her - lay on the beach.

I thought the Ganges is filthy polluted so doesn’t sound all that relaxing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I looked it up, Usman is only allowed by Nigerian and Islamic laws to have four wives at the same time and is required to spend equal amounts of time and money on each wife. No fifth wife, at least while Kim is in the picture, and no just making babies but otherwise ignoring any of the wives. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 9/17/2022 at 12:04 AM, magemaud said:

Back to comment on Kim and Sojaboy. Last season when she threw a drink in his face, they were alone. Now she’s done the same thing but in front of his friend. How emasculating for Usman! Didn’t BGL also do that? 

Maybe Usman just tells his friends it’s part of the mating ritual of the American woman born before 1970.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

It never fails to amaze me.  These old women, who are old enough to know better, go after these young men and then they get pissed off when the relationship proves to be transactional. They are not there for your tight, toned, body and sparkling personality (even if you had one, Angela).  They are interested in what you can GIVE them, including a ticket to America.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Breedom said:

I'm feeling pity for Angela. She has absolutely no insight as to her horrific behavior towards Michael. Why would anyone want or love someone like that? Or respect them? She will never, ever realize that she's the one that makes people shun her. She can't and won't see that and that makes her destiny clear: she'll end up alone and bitter and will continually blame others for pushing her away. You know that if she does split from Michael, she will replay this story over and over again, accusing, screaming and threatening in order to keep her guy.

Not one iota of sympathy from me and, the fact that you can show sympathy for a person like her, says a lot about you and your ability to empathize and be kind. I'm afraid that I am not that good of a person. She is TOXIC and she is VILE. And her grandchildren don't love him, her grandchildren don't even know him. That's part of her delusion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
On 9/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, Kid said:

And her grandchildren don't love him, her grandchildren don't even know him. That's part of her delusion.

Maybe they consider him some kind of children’s TV character on the “Papaw Mykul Show” when he’s Skyping with Meemaw. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kid said:

Not one iota of sympathy from me and, the fact that you can show sympathy for a person like her, says a lot about you and your ability to empathize and be kind. I'm afraid that I am not that good of a person. She is TOXIC and she is VILE. And her grandchildren don't love him, her grandchildren don't even know him. That's part of her delusion.

I’m going to hell but I enjoy seeing her in pain even if it’s faux.  She doesn’t love Michael.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kid said:

These old women, who are old enough to know better, go after these young men and then they get pissed off when the relationship proves to be transactional.

I was thinking, "Just like the men," but realized I don't think the men get pissed off when the relationship proves to be transactional.  Men for the win, I guess.

• Like 1

I suspect she thinks it makes her look glamorous (a massive task that no simple glass of liquid could ever manage), but if she pulled that drink-throwing shit in the US, she could be arrested for assault. I want to say I don't understand how Sharp could countenance showing her doing this not once but twice (so far), but then I remember who we're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Thank you. I agree with you, she's vile and toxic. I show pity towards her because she is so damaged, insecure and hateful and will continue to live her life like this until the bitter end.. Instead of all the surgeries, this lady needs to run to the nearest therapist's chair.

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I suspect she thinks it makes her look glamorous (a massive task that no simple glass of liquid could ever manage),

Absolutely. I really believe she sees herself on some big movie set from decades gone by when they used to do this sort of thing. And then the obligatory stomping away into the night. Ridiculous and actually silly behavior. Grow up.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kid said:

Add me to that list. Not one iota of sympathy. I wish that TLC would drop her and Big Pred.

Jenny with the rose in her mouth posing sexy for the camera was ... i need brain bleach.  Summit can use his for his next tinder scam.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Breedom said:

LIbby's voice: It surprised me. She sounded fairly good, but I don't think her voice is suited for nursery rhymes.

She has a stylized husky "cry" in her voice that would be better suited to country songs. Too affected for children’s songs, IMO. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

She has a stylized husky "cry" in her voice that would be better suited to country songs. Too affected for children’s songs, IMO. 

I call that "Adele-ing". On "Nashville", the younger generation of singers drove me mad with it. Don't copy - be original (if you have any original talent, that is!).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, Frozendiva said:

It was a long hour's slog.

First we get to watch Libby's voice class. I didn't like her singing voice but that is just me. Maybe if she is paying the vocal coach, she will continue lessons. I don't think she realizes what a long haul it will be to get anything going career-wise. She may have to have limited success.

Angela is playing with her grandkids and it is Mykull's birthday. She claims he has become shady, so she isn't doing much. She calls him from the car. I think she is looking for an exit plan.

Kimbaaaaly meets Usman's friend, who goes on about multiple wives but that the man is not allowed to have a preferred or favourite wife. He has to hide that from all the wives. Uh, yeah, that will work well. She doesn't want to meet Wife #2 or any of the kids and she wants to be the Grand Poobah of the wives. She doesn't like what she is being told, gets up in a huff and walks away. Usman, gotta rethink the plan.

Andreii's nice dad is coming for a long visit from Moldova. Mom Andreii hasn't gotten her visa yet. Libby has learned some Romanian and can carry out a basic conversation. She has even taught Ellie some of the language. They go for ice cream. Dad notes how large the portions are and said he likes the house. The conversation then goes to Charlie and his drinking problem.

Jenny and Sumit are going on their honeymoon. Jenny, of course, is packing for all occasions, and Sumit has to drive when it is still daylight out.

Bilal and Shaeeda are going shopping for home decor. Same sort of story as Thais and Patrick. She picks out bright stuff she likes (even a pink shirt that he hates), and he isn't keen on buying anything. Uh, she is your wife, and she should be able to buy a few knick-knacks to make the house her own. I'd feel like a guest in my own house with zero personal touches. Anyway, the overpriced decor shop has a baby section and Bilal is pretty much dragging her out to the regular store - he doesn't want a baby for at least a year. He does find some sort of Newlyweds book and magically finds the spender vs saver page. Ugh.

Geez an hour you say, I guess I thought it was over after about 20 min so I missed a lot lol - I do some strange things watching this show.... it's killing off my remaining brain cells for sure!

On 9/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Frozendiva said:

I don’t like night driving, especially in winter. It takes 5-10 minutes for my eyes to adjust to the hideously bright halogen headlights. Winter here means ice and black ice and poor driving conditions. At least when it is daytime, you can see more. Maybe Sumit has eye issues. I would think that Immigration would not have the time, energy, and desire to make a lot of surprise visits. Don’t know if it is the age difference in terms of Sumit wanting some thrills. Jenny may like more relaxed things to do and that is something Sumit knew about. Not sure I would want to go camping and sleep on the ground. Here it is things like bears being around; there - maybe poisonous snakes. I have a fear of heights, but might be game for the zip line thrill. Hiking is fine. I don’t swim but if it is okay for me to do the whitewater rafting, I would go for it. I am not a beach person. A lot of these activities are not cheap and I wonder if that is part of Jenny’s not being keen on doing some of the stuff.

Usman can’t afford one wife, much less four. Kids are not cheap. I wonder if Kimbaaaaly will ask him point-blank if she is expected to fund him and all the wives. He may ‘love’ her but there doesn’t seem much balance in their relationship.

I wonder why Jenny doesn't drive?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, endure said:

Geez an hour you say, I guess I thought it was over after about 20 min so I missed a lot lol - I do some strange things watching this show.... it's killing off my remaining brain cells for sure!

Because she gave up her CAR! And I wouldn’t drive there either what with the crazy drivers driving on the left. 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, Breedom said:

Why would anyone want or love someone like that? Or respect them? She will never, ever realize that she's the one that makes people shun her. She can't and won't see that and that makes her destiny clear: she'll end up alone and bitter and will continually blame others for pushing her away. You know that if she does split from Michael, she will replay this story over and over again, accusing, screaming and threatening in order to keep her guy. The guys that she attracts aren't exactly accomplished, successful men.

The only reasons the guys she's even able to attract now have anything to do with her is because she has and shares TV money and her smidgen of "fame" or whatever, and for Michael and other men in his situation the lure of living in the U.S.  I have no pity for her now nor will I when she's even older, broke, alone and no one cares what she does or says because she has taken outrageous steps to bring it all on herself.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, greekmom said:

22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think she views her more as a brood mare.  Usman is not supposed to be enjoying the reproduction.

Yes, yes.  I was coming here to post that it seems like she views his additional wives as slaves, and brood sows whose only purpose is to produce offspring.  This whole situation will never even happen, but if it did she'd probably want to keep them from having actual sex, just have him donate his semen, from as far away as possible, definitely keep him in the U.S. and them in Africa without ever being able to visit the U.S., throw fits every time he wanted to spend any time with or even communicate with the mothers of his children or even the children themselves, wouldn't want them to ever visit the U.S. either.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:26 PM, Frozendiva said:

I think Usman, like so many foreigners from poorer countries, think all U.S. citizens are wealthy, any time Kimbaaaly has been reluctant to pay for anything he likely thinks it's for reasons other than she can't afford it, and that if he does marry her and move to the U.S. she will be able to financially support this entire dream world of multiple wives with lots of babies all living in harmony, and/or he will make so much money here as a famous musician that he could pay for it.  Nothing but fantasies going on between these two, if any of it is even real.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:49 AM, Frozendiva said:

Does Kimbaaaly think he really loves her? I would ask what he wants, exactly and see if I was willing. Does he realistically think he will find 3 other wives?

I thinks she probably does, foolishly especially at her age, should know better.  The only way this situation would actually work out is if, besides both being in agreement on various aspects of it and having a solid plan which neither is or does, one or both would need a whole lot more money than is evident either has or is capable of acquiring, so that they could fund these slave/brood sows in Africa, can find someone willing to do pretty much anything for enough money.

But even if she had it Kimbaaaly would be really stingy with money resulting in the other wives and kids suffering and never-ending problems, completely insane for either of them to think this is realistic.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Because she gave up her CAR! And I wouldn’t drive there either what with the crazy drivers driving on the left. 

She'd need to get an international driving permit or get a license in India. Maybe she doesn't want to take a few lessons to do so.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, greekmom said:

Add me to that list. Not one iota of sympathy. I wish that TLC would drop her and Big Pred.

Jenny with the rose in her mouth posing sexy for the camera was ... i need brain bleach.  Summit can use his for his next tinder scam.

I loved how the rose was all old and wilted 🥀

On 9/16/2022 at 10:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Does Kimbaaaly think he really loves her? I would ask what he wants, exactly and see if I was willing. Does he realistically think he will find 3 other wives?

Yes, she should say.... do you really love me or am I just a show pony, or are you just wanting a green card lol

• Love 2

I do wonder if Libby will write any of her own nursery rhymes or just stick with the classics?  Too bad Ba ba black sheep has already been written because she has that to expound on from her own personal life experience.

18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

She'd need to get an international driving permit or get a license in India. Maybe she doesn't want to take a few lessons to do so.

Yeah! Sounds too adventurous for Jenny!

• LOL 3

I actually thought Libby’s voice was surprisingly good.  Of course it need work but I think she has some natural talent.  The teacher’s face when she mentioned nursery rhymes though was priceless.  I don’t think it’s a money maker but could be  a cute idea for tic-tok and she probably has some level of followers from the show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

For Iris Carrington (Another World), it was probably a martini.

Loved Beverly McKinsey.  May she rest in peace!

I can't believe Jenny thinks that at his age, Summit should retire and just hang out with her every day.  The thought of him going back to work seems to terrify her.  

Andrei appears to be a good son; however, he is a horrible son in-law.  I don't like the way he speaks to Elizabeth's parents; he can be very disrespectful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, endure said:

I do wonder if Libby will write any of her own nursery rhymes or just stick with the classics?  Too bad Ba ba black sheep has already been written because she has that to expound on from her own personal life experience.

Yeah! Sounds too adventurous for Jenny!

Taxis are so cheap, why get a car?     Driving in that wild traffic would scare me to death. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wait so I think Usman and Kimberly are on the wrong show. They should be on Seeking Sister Wife. 

Usman just wants to marry Zara. 

Angela really has got some nerve so she can have a Instagram and flirt with men. But Michael can’t have an Instagram. Don’t let him get in the Dms. 

Skyla with her fine ass makes an appearance on the show. I like when she’s on the show. Damn she’s beautiful. But she was right with what she said. 

Liz and Big ED trying to get a spin-off angling for a spin off it’s obvious. They are arguing or I should say she’s arguing because he treated her like an assistant. Well what is he supposed to do? Have sex with her in front of a client. It is work. And she wanted to work with him so I don’t get it. She wanted to see how he works. 

can’t believe I’m siding with.m Big Ed on anything. But he’s right 

Libby singing???? We have another Beyoncé Knowles over here. 

Andres talks to her mom like wants to fight. What a joke? 

summitt and Jenny nice resort. She told summit to do his sexy pose. I was laughing. 

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, endure said:

I loved how the rose was all old and wilted 🥀

Yes, she should say.... do you really love me or am I just a show pony, or are you just wanting a green card lol

i question if Usman really wants the green card or just a rich sugar mama to keep him in the lifestyle he feels he deserves and live in Nigeria?

Otherwise wouldn't he have just stuck it out with Lisa? He already married her. All he had to do was make sure he didn't get caught talking it up to other women. 

• Applause 3
On 9/17/2022 at 12:04 AM, magemaud said:

It appears to be in the Top Ten of Sharp Productions' plot devices. "Older woman throws drink (or in extreme cases, cake) on partner". Angela's done it countless times. And didn't that nut bar Stephanie hurl a drink on someone? Dovetails nicely with the racist trope of older white women trawling for gentlemen of color from poor countries. And treating them like servants/court jesters/gigolos. Makes me sick. 

12 hours ago, endure said:

She had to give up her CAR. She's still traumatized and fragile. If she gets behind the wheel she weeps hot, glittering tears. 

• LOL 6