Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sarah getting an abortion would make a lot of sense here. 😒 Just sayin'.

They already had that story with Jada. Also, she is way too far along. Plus, then there is no reason for her to have come back. Oh, wait a minute. . .

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

They already had that story with Jada. Also, she is way too far along. Plus, then there is no reason for her to have come back. Oh, wait a minute. . .

Sarah in February said she needed to decide on her own whether to continue the pregnancy. Clearly she did and I'm not surprised considering she has already dealt with the death of a child. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah in February said she needed to decide on her own whether to continue the pregnancy. Clearly she did and I'm not surprised considering she has already dealt with the death of a child. 

And, I mean, let's be honest- Sarah is 41  years old. She won't get many chances.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

And, I mean, let's be honest- Sarah is 41  years old. She won't get many chances.

Sarah SHOULD BE 41. (She was born on Christmas Day 1981.) But she was definitely SORASed in the late '80s/early '90s, then de-SORASed with Linsey Godfrey's casting. I think the show is now splitting the difference and Sarah is now LG's age of 34/35.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Maggie has become a petty bitch. She needs to get off her high horse. 

She has....but I like it!  I'm so happy to see someone on Show who can't stand OllieBenAlex.  I'm really surprised that Brady can bear to be in the same room with him.  He's just such a slimey over-waxed and over-plucked roid bro without two brain cells to rub together, but an opinion of himself that won't quit.  I would bet my shares in Basic Black that he colognes his crotch.

So, if Maggie does have to fall off her high horse, can she at least fall off hard and land on OllieBenAlex and squash him like the bug he is?

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, boes said:

She has....but I like it!  I'm so happy to see someone on Show who can't stand OllieBenAlex.  I'm really surprised that Brady can bear to be in the same room with him.  He's just such a slimey over-waxed and over-plucked roid bro without two brain cells to rub together, but an opinion of himself that won't quit.  I would bet my shares in Basic Black that he colognes his crotch.

So, if Maggie does have to fall off her high horse, can she at least fall off hard and land on OllieBenAlex and squash him like the bug he is?

Just co-signing all of this.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

You know what, that makes sense. She probably couldn't bring herself to end a pregnancy after that loss.

They should have her say that at some point.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Gosh, I hope we never stop hearing about those drugged biscuits. I'm fact, I hope they talk about them more than three times a week from now until eternity. That would be swell!

Talia, your hair is absurd. Please do something with it.

Rafe, you cheated on Hope just before marrying her. So that last one was on you.

Belle should be rolling in cash and clients if she can always give them access to her therapist mother's letters of explanation.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I found it ridiculous Trask changed her opinion so quickly. Totally contrived. 

I hate that Talia gets a free pass and nobody has apologized to Sloan yet. Hope Colin also pulls the mentally traumatized card. I don't like him but he's clearly messed up. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hate that Talia gets a free pass and nobody has apologized to Sloan yet. Hope Colin also pulls the mentally traumatized card. I don't like him but he's clearly messed up. 

Can we just play casting hijinks and have Colin written off, Jasper take over the part of Johnny, and Carson Boatman taking over the part of Joey?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My cousin deleted her 176 saved eps yesterday, as she is getting caught up.

I liked Bonnie’s pjs. I also liked the Xander and Chloe interaction. Sarah, you are a bit wrong about Xander just hooking up with anyone. Two friends fresh from a breakup.

Sarah, at some point Xander will find out about his baby.

Too soon for Chad and Steph to be living together.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gosh, I hope we never stop hearing about those drugged biscuits. I'm fact, I hope they talk about them more than three times a week from now until eternity. That would be swell!

Talia, your hair is absurd. Please do something with it.

Rafe, you cheated on Hope just before marrying her. So that last one was on you.

Belle should be rolling in cash and clients if she can always give them access to her therapist mother's letters of explanation.

Actually Rafe and Hope were apart when he spent the night with Sami. I mean they were on a break (HT Ross Gellar on Friends)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually Rafe and Hope were apart when he spent the night with Sami. I mean they were on a break (HT Ross Gellar on Friends)

Oh I know. But if you're seriously in love with someone, you don't bang someone else just because there was a fight.

• Like 4
(edited)

Omg so nice to see Terrell (original child Theo) back playing Theo,  albeit a fake one. Those scenes with him and James were so meta and conveyed so much history.  Bravo Days for pulling that off. Now let's get Lauren Bowles back as a new character. 

Speaking of history,  so nice to see Theo and Kate together!!! They were so close when he was young and she was his dominant grandparent. I always love when they get to share scenes together.  

Really great episode.  

Edited by JBC344
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Now let's get Lauren Bowles back as a new character. 

Adrianna as a troublemaking niece Rafe looks over. Lauren Boles even looks like she could be Gabi's daughter.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I wish we would get some clues as to why Whitley kidnapped Abe & now she wants to Kill him?!   At least Abe was out of his PJs & wearing some regular clothes, but where did Whitley find men's clothes?   Abe was adamant he did Not want Sausage & now he wants Bacon, but he hates Oatmeal...what does he want for Breakfast, lol.    And Kate was wearing a hideous spotted vest over her floral dress...it did not go together!   I did like seeing the 'softer" side of Melinda as she talked about her marriage & ex-husband.

• Like 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Too soon for Chad and Steph to be living together.

I forgot to comment about this yesterday.  How did they go from "Let's discuss it with the kid's therapist and let's make sure the kids are on board before we do anything" to announcing to Maggie they're moving in together and looking at houses?  I guess it doesn't really matter because aren't those kids about the age where they should be shipped off to boarding school?  Or Maggie's so desperate, she'll probably offer Thomas a job next so he's probably getting ready to move out anyway.

Edited by DaphneCat
Brain wasn't working.
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Kate was wearing a hideous spotted vest over her floral dress...it did not go together!

Thank you! I saw that and just walked away from the rest of the episode. 

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wish we would get some clues as to why Whitley kidnapped Abe & now she wants to Kill him?!   At least Abe was out of his PJs & wearing some regular clothes, but where did Whitley find men's clothes?   Abe was adamant he did Not want Sausage & now he wants Bacon, but he hates Oatmeal...what does he want for Breakfast, lol.    And Kate was wearing a hideous spotted vest over her floral dress...it did not go together!   I did like seeing the 'softer" side of Melinda as she talked about her marriage & ex-husband.

I don't think they had a plan they just wanted to cast Kim Coles in something and made this up as they went along. It would've made more sense if they went the Friends route where Brooke Shields played a fan obsessed with "Drake Remoray" and thought Joey was just like his character. They could've done that with Abe/Whitley.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think they had a plan they just wanted to cast Kim Coles in something and made this up as they went along. It would've made more sense if they went the Friends route where Brooke Shields played a fan obsessed with "Drake Remoray" and thought Joey was just like his character. They could've done that with Abe/Whitley.

I thought that's what they were doing. She's a lonely cat lady who became fixated on the town's mayor and jumped on the opportunity to kidnap him. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Speaking of history,  so nice to see Theo and Kate together!!! They were so close when he was young and she was his dominant grandparent. I always love when they get to share scenes together.  

Thank you for saying this. I honestly couldn't understand why Kate and Theo gave each other such an affectionate hug. I was racking my brain with the three Theo portrayers (Terrell, Kyle, the current Theo) and couldn't think of anything. That makes sense. I missed the dialogue as I was still trying to figure out their connection, so maybe the show addressed it. All I heard was Kate having something to do with Theo's shooting, which I also didn't remember. I remember JJ shooting Theo as the show (badly) trying to be topical during BLM, but I couldn't remember Kate's role in it.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:11 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Sarah SHOULD BE 41. (She was born on Christmas Day 1981.) But she was definitely SORASed in the late '80s/early '90s, then de-SORASed with Linsey Godfrey's casting. I think the show is now splitting the difference and Sarah is now LG's age of 34/35.

I think the show wants us to see Sarah in her 40s, actually. The show made several mentions of her being playmates with Eric and Sami when she was first introduced. During one of Carrie's return visits, the show gave them a reunion and they mentioned being best friends when they were both teens. When Sarah believed she was Renee Dumonde, the show mentioned several times Sarah being a small child in the early/mid 80s. I remember commenting how ludicrous it was that they wanted us to believe LG was in her 40s. 

22 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I completely agree. I also hated Belle's response. I know she was in lawyer mode and doing her job, but it seemed cold, insensitive, manipulative, and even emotionally abusive in its own subtle way.

• Like 6

I really like that the show is giving the Trask character and the actress more to play with. I paused my DOOL viewing many times over the years, were her daughter and/or husband ever seen on screen?

23 hours ago, DanaMB said:

But yes, that was ridiculous even if well acted. I really liked her rant about the poisoned biscuits landing her in the hospital and how much worse they would’ve affected an older or immune compromised person. 

I don’t know the actress playing Abe’s kidnapper and I can’t bring myself to watch someone taking advantage of a sick person even knowing it’ll be alright in the end (no spoilers, I just figure).

16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Omg so nice to see Terrell (original child Theo) back playing Theo,  albeit a fake one. Those scenes with him and James were so meta and conveyed so much history.  Bravo Days for pulling that off.

I didn’t clue in to this, good to know.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, 4evaQuez said:

Thank you for saying this. I honestly couldn't understand why Kate and Theo gave each other such an affectionate hug. I was racking my brain with the three Theo portrayers (Terrell, Kyle, the current Theo) and couldn't think of anything. That makes sense. I missed the dialogue as I was still trying to figure out their connection, so maybe the show addressed it. All I heard was Kate having something to do with Theo's shooting, which I also didn't remember. I remember JJ shooting Theo as the show (badly) trying to be topical during BLM, but I couldn't remember Kate's role in it.

I think the show wants us to see Sarah in her 40s, actually. The show made several mentions of her being playmates with Eric and Sami when she was first introduced. During one of Carrie's return visits, the show gave them a reunion and they mentioned being best friends when they were both teens. When Sarah believed she was Renee Dumonde, the show mentioned several times Sarah being a small child in the early/mid 80s. I remember commenting how ludicrous it was that they wanted us to believe LG was in her 40s. 

I completely agree. I also hated Belle's response. I know she was in lawyer mode and doing her job, but it seemed cold, insensitive, manipulative, and even emotionally abusive in its own subtle way.

Kate was referencing the JJ/Theo shooting.  At the time Kate asked Theo to do some corporate espionage stuff for Dimera, considering his background in the tech field.  At the time she didn't know it would be dangerous or harmful. But it did lead to one of my all time favorite Kate and Theo scenes. When she went to his bedside racked with guilt. Theo said she didn't need forgiveness, that he loved her, and that he would always consider her as one of his grandmothers. 

Hopefully we get a scene of Terrell going to the pub and running into Kate. Their scenes were always so heartfelt and poignant when he was a child. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I really like that the show is giving the Trask character and the actress more to play with. I paused my DOOL viewing many times over the years, were her daughter and/or husband ever seen on screen?

But yes, that was ridiculous even if well acted. I really liked her rant about the poisoned biscuits landing her in the hospital and how much worse they would’ve affected an older or immune compromised person. 

I don’t know the actress playing Abe’s kidnapper and I can’t bring myself to watch someone taking advantage of a sick person even knowing it’ll be alright in the end (no spoilers, I just figure).

I didn’t clue in to this, good to know.

Melinda's daughter was Haley. She was on the show years ago. She was involved with both Tripp and JJ. Kristen killed her the night Rachel was born, albeit somewhat accidentally. 

I don't believe we ever saw an ex husband.  

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Hayley. What a snooze of a character. 

I actually liked the character I just didn't like the storylines they put her in. The whole immigration thing with Jack and Eve as the villains was too over the top. Just as she was revealed as Melinda's daughter not sister they prematurely killed her off. I would of loved to see Tina Huang (Melinda) explore that storyline.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

The whole storyline was so offensive and should have never been told by Ron.  Theo, a young Black man should have known better and not listen to Kate.  What the hell did he think was going to happen to him when a cop caught him committing a crime.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Melinda's daughter was Haley. She was on the show years ago. She was involved with both Tripp and JJ. Kristen killed her the night Rachel was born, albeit somewhat accidentally. 

I don't believe we ever saw an ex husband.  

She mentioned having one in the past but no reference of him being abusive till now. 

I actually liked the character I just didn't like the storylines they put her in. The whole immigration thing with Jack and Eve as the villains was too over the top. Just as she was revealed as Melinda's daughter not sister they prematurely killed her off. I would of loved to see Tina Huang (Melinda) explore that storyline.  

I think she had potential but they should have made her a con artist trying to snag a husband for a green card. Then it was revealed she would be the long lost daughter of Melinda’s she gave up for adoption. 

• Like 5

Haley was a nurse before that she was on American idol.  Kristin “accidentally “ killed her.  She was going to marry Tripp in a fake wedding to stay in the country. JJ and Haley were dating and very sweet.  When she died JJ was going to kill Kristin.  Now that JJ is out of Salem maybe his relationships are safer.  
  Abe was so grouchy with oatmeal and everything if I was his kidnapper I would have let him go. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Abe should be wondering why none of his children approve of his wife.  
still no clue why Whitley kidnapped Abe.   
Whitley calm down  and stop looking so guilty.  Those cops are not that smart.  

Megan just talks about her plan where anyone can overhear her.  She is not that scary.  Her plan seems awfully complicated.  There has to be an easier way to get rid of Stefan and rule the world.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

If whatshername nurse would wise up and just give Abe some bacon, I'm sure he'd relax and enjoy this break from Paulina.  What I'd like to know is why he's not wondering why he has no clothes in the closets, no old shoes or slippers and why his underwear still has the fold marks from the Costco 'Big Ol' Bag of Drawers' fake Paulina picked up for him.

Man isn't using the noggin God gave him.  He needs bacon!

What the hell was that gop Megan was trying to feed EJ and Kirsten?  It looked like she went to McDonalds and got the saddest egg mcmuffins in existence.  And were those hot dogs in buns along with it?

I can't wait to see this engagment party.  Besides Stefan and Gabi, there'll be Megan, Dimitri, Gwen and who the hell else?

• LOL 7
(edited)

Sad parties. The DiMera's sure know how to live it up.

Sadder still that EJ and Kristen don't have a clue how to escape from their own basement.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

She is not that scary.

But, but, she has the EVIL LAUGH.   That HAS to mean she's scary right?  She must be a really good actor - how else does someone even manage to do the "Mwah hah hah hah" and keep a straight face?

I thought one of the characteristics of autism was difficulty reading social cues.  Yet, here was Theo, picking up every single hint of nervousness Whitley was displaying - and Eli was missing it.  Have they just dropped the autism thing?

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Paulina's reaction to Abe's death is a less convincing version of my reaction to finding out she's in another episode of Days.

Hi Baby Theo. Give Adult Theo some pointers, please. He's vacant.

I keep waiting for Rafe to accidentally call Jada Lani. Same hairstyle, skin color, job and flirtatious work ethic. Honestly, I feel bad for the Jada actress. She's practically been wearing a "replacement Lani" sign around her neck since Day One.

Harris' only reason to stick around would be a story with Eve. Why is he here?

12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I thought one of the characteristics of autism was difficulty reading social cues.  Yet, here was Theo, picking up every single hint of nervousness Whitley was displaying - and Eli was missing it.  Have they just dropped the autism thing?

Multiple times. The last time it played any significant part in a story was when Clyde was trying to kidnap baby Thomas and Theo was asked to stay in a locked room in the DiMansion to guard him. He was panicking and had trouble opening the door or something. Couldn't blame him though - I'd have been freaking out too.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But, but, she has the EVIL LAUGH.   That HAS to mean she's scary right?  She must be a really good actor - how else does someone even manage to do the "Mwah hah hah hah" and keep a straight face?

Yes she really is a good actress. Saw an interview and her voice is soft, also her features. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paulina's reaction to Abe's death is a less convincing version of my reaction to finding out she's in another episode of Days.

Hi Baby Theo. Give Adult Theo some pointers, please. He's vacant.

I keep waiting for Rafe to accidentally call Jada Lani. Same hairstyle, skin color, job and flirtatious work ethic. Honestly, I feel bad for the Jada actress. She's practically been wearing a "replacement Lani" sign around her neck since Day One.

Harris' only reason to stick around would be a story with Eve. Why is he here?

Multiple times. The last time it played any significant part in a story was when Clyde was trying to kidnap baby Thomas and Theo was asked to stay in a locked room in the DiMansion to guard him. He was panicking and had trouble opening the door or something. Couldn't blame him though - I'd have been freaking out too.

Yep except Jada is actually likeable.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

It was sadly ironic that Dr. Rolf arrived in Salem via submarine & talking about getting wet on the journey considering the news about the implosion of the Submirsable Sub near the Titanic last week.   And Rolf in his impeccable white suit looked like Colonel Sanders :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

So AGAIN, we get the tired trope of someone standing around and talking, talking and talking giving whoever is going to ambush them enough time to do it.  WOW, great writing, just riveting.

Man, Jerry is stupid.  He actually believes the police would listen to the person who kidnapped the mayor instead of the person who found him?  Damn I'm sick of the terminally stupid people on this show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

I'm hoping Show really showcases Paulina's grief by having her dive head first into the river to look for her "Abraham".

Go all the way to bottom, Paulina and breath deep.  Your Abraham needs you.

Why can't Dr. Rolf kidnap her and put a calliope in place of her voice box?

Theo, quit being so nice to her.  Lexie would have hated that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The only time I ever liked Lani was during her LesYay! scenes with Stacey Haiduk's Kristen. 

I am the opposite.  I like Lani but her friendship with Kristin was very one sided JMHO.   Lani risked her job for Kristin.  Never seemed Kristin cared about the risks Lani took and I don’t believe Kristin would do the same for Lani. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I am the opposite.  I like Lani but her friendship with Kristin was very one sided JMHO.   Lani risked her job for Kristin.  Never seemed Kristin cared about the risks Lani took and I don’t believe Kristin would do the same for Lani. 

No, but I do think Kirsten would have paid her back...in sex.

Anyway, Dimitri and Xander having their little standoff was pretty fun.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Xander and Chloe: "We're equally pretty! Let's bang! Sure, we're both in love with other people and everyone thinks this is a horrible idea but...who cares? Let's go for it!"

Ok, Nicole sobbing over losing Abe and Eric looking at her like that, understandingly..... 🥺🥺🥺 is getting me all choked up...

Aaaaand now they're back to arguing over Sloan. Guys. Get it together.

Glad AZ isn't suddenly baby bumped, the way they abruptly tend to pad actresses in these storylines.

Anyone else happy to see her with long hair again? It's been like....10 years.

Sloan's brother is so weird. Weird casting choice. He could never be referenced again and that would be fine.

Sloan has really surprised me, acting-wise.

Dimitri and Leo are stupid and not entertaining. I cannot root for them.

Why is he suddenly "Matty"? And why is hyper-suspicious Gwen suddenly into this random marriage?

(I'll bet that newspaper website they're running is basically never updated.)

Hot take: I initially liked tough-as-nails Wendy when she first appeared, but now that she's dressing like MM's Abigail and being fought over by the boys, I can only ask...is she really that sexy? Cause she seems bland as hell.

Chloe, girl, you need to chill. And those panties!! 😲 You just happened to be wearing those?? LOL

Ok....Count Chocula was kinda funny.

Why doesn't Leo attend this party?

Does Wendy even have any kind of relationship with Gabi? Like...did they even chat much in the past?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2