Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Everyone coddling and pretending Holly isn't partially responsible is annoying. She never pays for anything she does.  

Her stealing the key and her lying and hiding Tate all factored into the accident. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I definitely don't think Holly/Tate "caused" the accident,  but a contributing factor? Yes/maybe. 

I think it also depends on the "morality" of said act. For example,  if Holly moved the key to clean the drawer and accidentally misplaced it, I don't think anyone would blame her. But the fact that the key was taken as an act of duplicity I think can definitely factor in someone's guilt or blame. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Connie back was a dissapointment, but I will take her over Leo, Alex and Chuckling Abe casting his friends on his dumb soap.

Into the Gabi and EJ thing!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Now Melinda is talking with Cardboard Li as if he's real too? 🙄

Ron, knock it off please. Melinda would have no reason to hear cardboard talking back to her. She's desperately trying to escape a serial killer.

How about you just make Li real again and actually bring him back?

Enjoyed evil EJ again. I hope he stays this way all year. Dan's doing great. It's a less chilling evil than what we got from James, but still entertaining.

I was waiting for a Gabi/Fabigail scene and while the vibes between them were appropriately all over the place - suspicious, accusatory, friendly - the fact that Gabi said "my husband raped you" and Fabby just....sidestepped it was hugely bizarre.

I mean, I know they can't highlight how Gabi lost her fertility thanks to Abby's insanity and how she was sent to prison for Andre's murder needlessly without pointing out that she still loved Stefan after he did all that to her...

...but that wasn't a believable reaction to hearing you were raped, Fabbs, and Gabi quipping that the rape could help her in her case against Stefan was...really awful. Gross actually. Like....girl, you already knew that and still spent the last six (?) years obsessing over him and calling him your soulmate...

Awful person much?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Brady has his share of mistakes for sure, but this incident shows he want to do the right thing and be a better man despite his screw-ups. All he need is guidance. I wish Isabella had lived and Brady was raised by John and her together.

This show no longer knows how to do a proper story on major domestic issues like alcohol/drug abuse or abandonment. Remember April and Emilo’s drunk father (forgot his name)? Despite his major flaws of being an alcoholic and abandoning his young children in the past, the death of his other son finally opened his eyes and made him realize booze was not a placebo. Fiona was willing to manipulate an innocent man to cover her tracks, so Xander wouldn’t find out she was the one behind his wife’s accident. She reminds me of Diana’s mother, both are selfish to the core. I don't see how Xander can easily forgive her once he learned the truth.

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 3

Another great episode. This whole week has been good.

Looks like I might finally get the EJ/Gabi hate sex I've been asking for. Very into it.

Kinda wanna see Kristen and Ava team up to save Melinda.

Kinda into a Gabi/Fabigail friendship.

The Mark and Felicity actors look like they could actually be siblings.

I can't wait to find out why in the world Mark and Fabigail are doing this. Like, what possible reason could they have lol?

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another great episode. This whole week has been good.

Looks like I might finally get the EJ/Gabi hate sex I've been asking for. Very into it.

Kinda wanna see Kristen and Ava team up to save Melinda.

Kinda into a Gabi/Fabigail friendship.

I can't wait to find out why in the world Mark and Fabigail are doing this. Like, what possible reason could they have lol?

I'm sure Chad, or a Dimera, caused their parents to die in a car crash. A rerun of the Sloan/Colin plot.

I am also into EJ/Gabi hate sex.

5 hours ago, Sunrain said:

Brady has his share of mistakes for sure, but this incident shows he want to do the right thing and be a better man despite his screw-ups. All he need is guidance. I wish Isabella had lived and Brady was raised by John and her together.

This show no longer knows how to do a proper story on major domestic issues like alcohol/drug abuse or abandonment. Remember April and Emilo’s drunk father (forgot his name)? Despite his major flaws of being an alcoholic and abandoning his young children in the past, the death of his other son finally opened his eyes and made him realize booze was not a placebo. Fiona was willing to manipulate an innocent man to cover her tracks, so Xander wouldn’t find out she was the one behind his wife’s accident. She reminds me of Diana’s mother, both are selfish to the core. I don't see how Xander can easily forgive her once he learned the truth.

Isabella kind of gave up offering ghostly advice to Brady when he refused to let Viv out of the coffin. I'm sad that her beloved baby turned out to be such a hot mess. It is 32 years this week since she found out she was dying. I will never forget her crying "It's not fair" into her baby's hair and then pasting on a big smile for him.

Fiona is more complicated than Serena. If she had hit anybody else, she would have owned up to it, but because it is Sarah, it means she loses her son immediately, and I feel like time is ticking for her. Maybe her years of drinking have done in her liver?

Monty Dolan lol

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Really? I thought she was fine.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

...huh? In what way?

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I am also into EJ/Gabi hate sex.

See, I'm still annoyed we never got EJ/Sloan revenge sex after 10 months of stalling in the baby theft storyline.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, oceanblue said:

Today's scene with fabigail and gabby made I clear gabby cannot act

That's subjective. I think she's great

1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Really? I thought she was fine.

...huh? In what way?

See, I'm still annoyed we never got EJ/Sloan revenge sex after 10 months of stalling in the baby theft storyline.

Same!!!

• Like 3

Melinda knows everything and Ava is suspicious. I hope this means an end to Connie soon.

Jada didn't mention arresting Xander so I guess he walked lol

I am predicting that Ava ends up running Basic Black as she needs a job, has Gabi Chic Intel, and I'm pretty sure Brady is fired for now. Then once he's cleared the show is clearly planning something with them.

Chad is kind of a scene killer.

EJ and Gabi are definitely interesting. Can't wait to see where this goes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Melinda knows everything and Ava is suspicious. I hope this means an end to Connie soon.

I really like that Melinda is not only putting all the pieces together she's being really smart about it.  She knows that she needs to get Connie thinking she admires her cunning and smarts so she'll keep talking.  She also knows enough to not make threats (about how Connie will get caught and prosecuted) or declare how sick and twisted she thinks Connie is.   I also really like that she isn't just sitting there passively waiting to be rescued but it actively trying to escape (while being sneaky about it.)

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/28/2024 at 10:29 PM, JBC344 said:

I definitely don't think Holly/Tate "caused" the accident,  but a contributing factor? Yes/maybe. 

I think it also depends on the "morality" of said act. For example,  if Holly moved the key to clean the drawer and accidentally misplaced it, I don't think anyone would blame her. But the fact that the key was taken as an act of duplicity I think can definitely factor in someone's guilt or blame. 

That's actually why I'm glad that Holly feels guilty about this.  No, she didn't cause Sarah's accident, but she did play an indirect part in her aunt winding up in the position to be in her accident.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4

This show doesn't know how to write Chad beyond Abigail. If they have no interest in recasting Abigail why not give Chad a story about his life before Salem? He had a kid with Mia named Grace who died(she was part of the Sydnapping storyline). They could recast Mia and try those two again. At least it would be something else for him. 

I rather see Chad just be a single dad and dealing with family drama but it's a soap so a love interest is required.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2024 at 3:46 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I mean, I know they can't highlight how Gabi lost her fertility thanks to Abby's insanity and how she was sent to prison for Andre's murder needlessly without pointing out that she still loved Stefan after he did all that to her...

She didn't love Stefan yet.  She fell in love with him long after that.

I'm just happy we get Days every weekday, regardless of it is a holiday or not.

The whole "Body and Soul" plot is ridiculously farfetched, but I'm fine with it.

Days was the #10 most watched last night (Sunday night), when usually it falls off the Top 10 during the weekend. I was glad to see that.

I'm hoping the premiere of The Gates on CBS will reinvigorate the interest in soaps. A girl can dream, right?

• Like 9
42 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah I saw plot summary and deleted it from my pvr last week 

I ended up ff’ing the rest of the ep. Couldn’t take it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Rodney said:

She didn't love Stefan yet.  She fell in love with him long after that.

It really wasn't that long after that.

He also held a hot fireplace poker up to her face.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Today was so boring. I don't care about Body and Soul. This show within a show needs to go away along with Ron. I hope it does when the new episodes start streaming.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well, thank you Days for giving me an extra hour yesterday and at least another 30 minutes today.   I FF'd all the Body and Soul stupidity.  This is very reminiscent of the return of the Devil mess--then I just stopped watching everything until that storyline ended.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

See, I don't mind it because it gives Chanel something to do and I honestly think Raven does a really good job at pulling off what she gets written to do. Anyway, I am absolutely shocked Ron hadn't found some way to homage to the Necktie Killer. I did think today's storyline must have been an homage to Bo/Hope with John/Roman/Marlena and Jennifer/Jack references.

On 8/31/2024 at 12:14 AM, SouthernChick said:

Gabi and EJ were HAWT!

I agree. They'd been wanting that hate sex for awhile. Lol

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know Kate is a fabulous woman of the world, but I do not need her discussing her granddaughter's sex life with Abe. 

I had to take a second to remember that Allie is her granddaughter. They barely interacted. Then again, Kate was concerned with her impending death from Clyde's poisioning while Allie was having her threesome with Alex and Chanel.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I had to take a second to remember that Allie is her granddaughter. They barely interacted. Then again, Kate was concerned with her impending death from Clyde's poisioning while Allie was having her threesome with Alex and Chanel.

I wouldn't sweat it, I doubt whomever wrote that scene remembered who Allie is supposed to be. All of the dialogue was centered around Chanel and her ex Allie who really could have been anyone. I got the impression that Kate's "good for her for having a 3 some with 2 hot people" was really about Chanel.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m really liking ALM. Nice Stephanie and “Abby” scenes.

She's fantastic. She and Jessica Lowdes were the only reason the CW 90210 reboot was worth a damn, especially that first year. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Really good episode today. I like when all the stories are linked, and the show takes time to breathe and let people have the conversations they should be having, particularly John urging Brady not to plead guilty, and Maggie being aghast that Brady did not call her when he took that first drink.

Even the teens were used well today, as that conversation where they each took the opposite side was believable, as was Tate blurting out that Eric killed Daniel. Ludicrous that Nicole sent Eric alone to break this to Holly though.

And you can already see that Sarah has compassion for Brady and will have it for Fiona. I wonder if she will clear Brady but not reveal that Fiona was the driver, if in fact she really registered the truth.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Even the teens were used well today, as that conversation where they each took the opposite side was believable, as was Tate blurting out that Eric killed Daniel. Ludicrous that Nicole sent Eric alone to break this to Holly though.

Yes and yes.

I liked the reasonable back and forth between the young lovers about this. They're both right to feel passionate about their perspectives.

But if they were seriously moving ahead with this plot about Holly being completely clueless that Eric drove the car - even though Brady got Daniel's heart because he was also part of the accident - I'm disappointed they're bulldozing through it this quickly.

Eric pops up and suddenly has decided that the moment Brady possibly goes to jail for the same crime is the moment to tell her? Without Nicole there? Huh?

And WTH was with Marlena going on and on and on about "gee whiz, how could ANYBODY BE SO CRUEL as to HIT someone with their CAR, ERIC? I mean I've never even HEARD of something so awful, HAVE YOU??"

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Have  Marlena and Deidre and the writers completely forgotten her anguish over Eric's incarceration?? I still remember her breaking down the day he left for prison.

So this sudden bringing up vehicular hit and run problems so heavy-handedly was....weird.

Ron rushes plots. This could have easily had two weeks of set-up.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yes and yes.

I liked the reasonable back and forth between the young lovers about this. They're both right to feel passionate about their perspectives.

But if they were seriously moving ahead with this plot about Holly being completely clueless that Eric drove the car - even though Brady got Daniel's heart because he was also part of the accident - I'm disappointed they're bulldozing through it this quickly.

Eric pops up and suddenly has decided that the moment Brady possibly goes to jail for the same crime is the moment to tell her? Without Nicole there? Huh?

And WTH was with Marlena going on and on and on about "gee whiz, how could ANYBODY BE SO CRUEL as to HIT someone with their CAR, ERIC? I mean I've never even HEARD of something so awful, HAVE YOU??"

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Have  Marlena and Deidre and the writers completely forgotten her anguish over Eric's incarceration?? I still remember her breaking down the day he left for prison.

So this sudden bringing up vehicular hit and run problems so heavy-handedly was....weird.

Ron rushes plots. This could have easily had two weeks of set-up.

Got to have more time for Body and Soul apparently.

• Like 1
  • Angry 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda gasped when Fiona went to smother Sarah. Like damn girl lol.

Well, we know now from where Xander's murderous nature really originated.

Three cheers for Ashley Puzemis!  She played Holly's shock, grief, and anger at Eric perfectly today!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda gasped when Fiona went to smother Sarah. Like damn girl lol.

I had flashbacks to Theresa in the hospital room with John. They nearly ruined her character with that scene (some still hate her because of it) and have done the same here.

Why? Why would Fiona possibly want to hurt Sarah like that? Why would she think it would help, or that she'd even get away with it? Everyone knows she asked to be alone with Sarah to help her to sleep! I mean...!?!

It's such a stupid stunt on the part of the writers. Beyond stupid.

Ashley, as you said Rodney, was terrific today. Her tears were real, as was the sense of betrayal. Her 180 on Eric was startling but kinda made sense.

I even saw her mouthing "what the f....!!" to herself at the end there, as Holly tried to process. Great instinct.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I thought Friday's show was well done, I always enjoy the shows that feature Family moments.  John was so intense with his son, Brady.  Then the brothers reunite & both know what it means to drive while drunk..  Tate & his defense of his Dad I understand, but I can understand Holly's shock & dismay at finding out who killed her Father, Daniel.  I always enjoy Xander & Maggie together, she is such a Mother figure to him, and Xander is so happy his Mum is there to help him & Sarah...oh my: when Xander finds out the Truth, he is going to go crazy with Rage.  Family moments & real human emotions are what I enjoy on this show, as opposed to the silliness of "Body&Soul".

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

That song is such a cliche now, so overused for creepy effect, I should have guessed where things were about to go.

But they really floored me with that pillow twist.

So deeply stupid.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Family moments & real human emotions are what I enjoy on this show, as opposed to the silliness of "Body&Soul".

For me, there's always room for both. I love silliness and I think it's needed, on soaps especially. It should be a balance imo.

A friend of mine said that Fiona 'escalates at the rate of two Connies' and that is so accurate lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So apparently Show is rewriting Holly's history and discarding how she really came to be, via Chloe's surrogacy?  Or, maybe keeping the surrogacy but still having Holly born long before Dr. Tan the Dan Man's none-too-soon demise?  The fight between Nicole and Chloe for custody must also be going into the trash bin as well.  Now, it seems that Holly actually remembers Daddy Dumbest.  

Oh well.  Just as long as nobody resurrects the dead doc which would really be a step too far.

I'm pretty sure that pillow Fiona is holding will end up under Sarah's head and not over it, and nobody the wiser.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

So apparently Show is rewriting Holly's history and discarding how she really came to be, via Chloe's surrogacy?  Or, maybe keeping the surrogacy but still having Holly born long before Dr. Tan the Dan Man's none-too-soon demise?  The fight between Nicole and Chloe for custody must also be going into the trash bin as well.  Now, it seems that Holly actually remembers Daddy Dumbest.  

Oh well.  Just as long as nobody resurrects the dead doc which would really be a step too far.

I'm pretty sure that pillow Fiona is holding will end up under Sarah's head and not over it, and nobody the wiser.

Ron doesn't care about Daniel enough to go through with it. Plus if they resurrect Daniel it would have to be a recast because I don't see Shawn Christian returning to the role after what happened with his wife Ari. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I remember hearing one line yesterday about her wanting to have more time with her father...but I didn't take that to mean that the were throwing out all that history with the surrogacy. Just that maybe the line was meant in general. Did she say "time" or "more time"?

Maybe the writers goofed. Which would be so, so strange. Usually DOOL is such a tight ship....!

*coughs*

Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

Ron doesn't care about Daniel enough to go through with it. Plus if they resurrect Daniel it would have to be a recast because I don't see Shawn Christian returning to the role after what happened with his wife Ari. 

Good point. The one silver lining from that whole messy situation, hopefully.

I feel like we only got such massively aggressive campaigning with Danicole (Tanicole?) back in the day to appease Ari. I'm still annoyed with it, years later!

Does anyone else remember when he lifted her up and spun around in the pub, Dirty Dancing-style, in slow-mo? LOL.

So lame.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I remember hearing one line yesterday about her wanting to have more time with her father...but I didn't take that to mean that the were throwing out all that history with the surrogacy. Just that maybe the line was meant in general. Did she say "time" or "more time"?

Maybe the writers goofed. Which would be so, so strange. Usually DOOL is such a tight ship....!

*coughs*

Good point. The one silver lining from that whole messy situation, hopefully.

I feel like we only got such massively aggressive campaigning with Danicole (Tanicole?) back in the day to appease Ari. I'm still annoyed with it, years later!

Does anyone else remember when he lifted her up and spun around in the pub, Dirty Dancing-style, in slow-mo? LOL.

So lame.

Yes unfortunately. That being said I have nothing against Shawn Christian in RL I've enjoyed him in other roles(namely Mike Kasnoff on ATWT) just not as Daniel Jonas. They honestly should've cast him as Mike Horton. He would've gotten the same storylines without wrecking the show's history in a lot of ways in the process. Plus we wouldn't have had Dannifer. 

A lot of the pairings would've been so much better if it was Mike and not some guy named Daniel we were forced to care about.

Mike/Kate(Laura would go postal)

Mike/Chloe(Craig would go postal)

Mike/Nicole( who used to be married to his brother)

Mike/Carly(their connection to Jennifer).

Mike/Maggie had that mother/son bond which didn't need a stupid egg donor story with Daniel.

The show would've had another doctor and a legacy Horton to anchor the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Rodney said:

She played Holly's shock, grief, and anger at Eric perfectly

I had a different take. For the most part, it was fine, but there was the scene after Tate left her alone where she seemed to be at a loss with how to act - I thought they should have played some memory clips of her and Eric together to show the confusion she was going through. It was awkward. Hard to believe she got this far and never knew - like most teens, she is married to her phone, so I can't believe she didn't Google Dr Dan out of curiosity. Keeping secrets never bodes well, especially on a soap!  

• Like 1
  • Love 2