Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kayla is the MVP. I adore her. Always have. Steve can joke all he wants but he is over 70 now and needs to stop acting like he is a superhero.

Funny.  I thought that she was a harpy today.  Yes, she whines all the time about the unilateral decisions that Steve makes, but this one he didn't make to disrespect her.  He was following Maggie's wishes and should've let Kayla know that it was per her wishes that as few people knew about the plan as possible.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Funny.  I thought that she was a harpy today.  Yes, she whines all the time about the unilateral decisions that Steve makes, but this one he didn't make to disrespect her.  He was following Maggie's wishes and should've let Kayla know that it was per her wishes that as few people knew about the plan as possible.

He did that back in 1990 to protect Bo and he got himself blown up. They are married. He needs to let her know if he is potentially putting himself in harm's way

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

He did that back in 1990 to protect Bo and he got himself blown up. They are married. He needs to let her know if he is potentially putting himself in harm's way

And if the plan had been Steve's, then I agree.  It wasn't, so I don't.  He was under no obligation to blow a secret told to him by someone else, and that said someone expressly asked him not to tell anyone else.  I actually usually do agree with Kayla about this issue, but this time, I thought that she was being unreasonable.

(edited)
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm liking Kayla and Steve finally addressing the "you can't be a hero anymore old man" stuff that we've been chatting about online for years. Hopefully, Kayla gets through to her hubby.

5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kayla is the MVP. I adore her. Always have. Steve can joke all he wants but he is over 70 now and needs to stop acting like he is a superhero. Even in his 30s he got himself 'killed' for trying to act outside the law.

LOL this was exactly how my friend felt when she saw a 54 years old Harrison Ford gasped for breath after running for few seconds in the movie Firewall, thankfuly SN and DH were still physically fit and stayed in better shape in their 50 and even 60s. But you are right, Steve is too old to be a hero/savior now. 

He could be the lovely grandpa who'd read Christmas stories for Salem's kids at New Years's Eve since SN loved doing charity works for the children in hospital irl and they looked up to him. 

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Brady and Alex deserves everything Theresa does to them. Dumb and Dumber were doing nothing to help the situation at least Xander freed everyone from Konstantine for good. 

Xander better gloat forever when the truth comes out. 

John needs to leave Salem? Why don't they just rip up and destroy the red card? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
7 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I hate it when Ben calls his dad “Justin”. 

He is such a tool to him. I hope Justin doesn't forgive the way he has belittled and dismissed him over the last year once the truth comes out.

And all his crap about making "Victor, My Father" proud. He stood there and did nothing while his fake father's killer assaulted his girlfriend. Xander is the only Kiriakis remotely like Victor and he proved it today.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8

I'm team concerned citizens of Salem. Paulina is all over the news for what she did but she acts like it's not justified. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Can we please be done with Alex, Brady and Xander having a pissing contest every freaking day?? And way for them all to throw X under the bus, when you know they were all glad to see Con dead, esp Theresa. So far, wrapping up this story line has fallen short of expectations. After being subjected to months (years?) of this story line, it has been anticlimactic. Hopefully the big Who's Your Daddy reveal will be much more exciting. Come to think of it, both WYD reveals...

ITA - why don't they just destroy the stupid pawn card?

• Like 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Awww, how sweet were those scenes between Marlena and Leo?  Isn't it great that Marlena always has such a soft spot for anyone who harms her family or loved ones.  Warm smile, pat on the back, little jokes, little seltzer in their pants and a good time is had by all.

I guess Marlena was feeling the dry spell, now that Ben,her favorite serial killer is sailing around the world on the Minnow with mini-Medusa Ciara.  What's not to love with that guy, the one who actually killed Will?  All Leo did was torture him and Sonny, no lasting harm, no foul, I guess.

Maybe Leo will sit on her lap during their utterly inappropiate sessions and we'll get to listen to Leo and his incessant babbling while Marlena smiles and pats the little turd on his over-sized head.

If any of us had any doubt, or any hope, that Leo might fade into the background, abandon that hope now.  Ron C. is gonna make us love this twit or kill us trying.

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm team concerned citizens of Salem. Paulina is all over the news for what she did but she acts like it's not justified. 

As soon as I heard that "whoop whoop" sound, followed by some low grunts and mutterings, I knew Paulina was awake and ready to make it all about herself.  Poor Abe barely got a "haw haw haw" in before she started telling him about her dream.  I'd tell you all my dream, but I think you can guess.

I like the new doctor!  Nothing like welcoming the new guy by showcasing him in a scene with Salem's top creep, Leo.  He's got nowhere to go but up!

Is Eric going to join a biker gang and terrorize the malt shop?  Dressed the way he was, with his jean jacket collar turned up, I was expecting him to pull out a pack of candy cigarettes, let one droop from his lip as he rode away on his Big Wheels to talk to EJ.

I think Eric moving home is an excellent idea, especially since I'm sure Roman still has a playpen somewhere and I know Kate would be willing to watch him during the day.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17

I can't decide if I think we've getting a "late in life" coming out story with Mark Greene or not. Either way, Salem did lose it's only other male doctor recently, so I guess he has a purpose? It's so funny that there's suddenly this Greene family. 

I do really find the guy physically attractive, so eh. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I thought the new guy was pretty bad in the scenes with Leo and then much better with Johnny/Chanel so I'm hoping they're not going to have him fall in love with Leo. I don't know though, their chem could develop slowly. We'll see.

Marlena's face when Leo called himself tall was everything. DH was perfect there.

I wonder if Johnny and Chanel are leaving? If they are, I'm sure they'll be back eventually lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought the new guy was pretty bad in the scenes with Leo and then much better with Johnny/Chanel so I'm hoping they're not going to have him fall in love with Leo. I don't know though, their chem could develop slowly. We'll see.

Marlena's face when Leo called himself tall was everything. DH was perfect there.

I wonder if Johnny and Chanel are leaving? If they are, I'm sure they'll be back eventually lol.

I think this break times with Carson's paternity leave last year

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
19 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I enjoyed Marlena today. Heartwarming scenes with Johnny and good therapy scenes with Leo.

I keep forgetting to post that when I watched the tv series The Musketeers (the version with Santiago Cabrera as Aramis - hubba, hubba!) I legit thought Leo was in the show as Gaston!  I was positive it had to be him, even though a small part of me thought:  huh?!  why would he be in this show?!  Turns out, it wasn't the Leo actor when I looked it up on IMDB.

Here's a clip of the actor who played Gaston.

image.png.a5084519671bff461f64b9ad53952e1f.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)

I don't know who is more uncomfortable with Chad's hands all over Clyde's face: Clyde or me.

Is this supposed to be as romantic as it looks? Cause...touching that greasy SOB must be revolting for Chad. It's almost like he's saying "tell me or I'll kiss you" and I don't think that's what we're supposed to be going for here.

Isn't this the second time Clyde has been swayed by an emotional plea? Kate tried the same trick when she was asking about Will's whereabouts years ago. I feel like Clyde wouldn't give two shits about Chad, however, since he cheated with Abigail, setting Ben down the path of murdering and running from the law, etc, etc. Clyde even tried to steal Thomas so Ben could raise him! Clyde hates Chad.

So yeah, sorry Show, I'm not buying Clyde suddenly caring at all about his poor old feewings.

"I'm about to give you sumthin' biiiiig....!" Ew Clyde. Please let Chad get it on with some other guy. For everyone's sake.

Is Kristen really the DiMera Enterprises president right now? She never...mentions it or does anything.

Chanel is the best wife ever. I hope they aren't both leaving the show, but if they did, this isn't the worst write-out we've seen.

Aunt Marie?? How old exactly is Julie's AUNT? 99? And when was the last time we've seen her for that matter?

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought Doctor Runner should keep running while he still can. FAST.

I'm repulsed by the idea of Leo landing yet another guy, so we can hear how someone else has randomly come out of the closet because of Leo's overwhelming sexual appeal and heart and wit and bla bla bla...

It's tough. The show could and probably should have an out, semi-flamboyant gay character around to keep things diverse and to spice things up, but....this guy is a roadmap for how *not* to do it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 7
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't know who is more uncomfortable with Chad's hands all over Clyde's face: Clyde or me.

Is this supposed to be as romantic as it looks? Cause...touching that greasy SOB must be revolting for Chad. It's almost like he's saying "tell me or I'll kiss you" and I don't think that's what we're supposed to be going for here.

Isn't this the second time Clyde has been swayed by an emotional plea? Kate tried the same trick when she was asking about Will's whereabouts years ago. I feel like Clyde wouldn't give two shits about Chad, however, since he cheated with Abigail, setting Ben down the path of murdering and running from the law, etc, etc. Clyde even tried to steal Thomas so Ben could raise him! Clyde hates Chad.

So yeah, sorry Show, I'm not buying Clyde suddenly caring at all about his poor old feewings.

"I'm about to give you sumthin' biiiiig....!" Ew Clyde. Please let Chad get it on with some other guy. For everyone's sake.

Is Kristen really the DiMera Enterprises president right now? She never...mentions it or does anything.

Chanel is the best wife ever. I hope they aren't both leaving the show, but if they did, this isn't the worst write-out we've seen.

Aunt Marie?? How old exactly is Julie's AUNT? 99? And when was the last time we've seen her for that matter?

I thought Doctor Runner should keep running while he still can. FAST.

I'm repulsed by the idea of Leo landing yet another guy, so we can hear how someone else has randomly come out of the closet because of Leo's overwhelming sexual appeal and heart and wit and bla bla bla...

It's tough. The show could and probably should have an out, semi-flamboyant gay character around to keep things diverse and to spice things up, but....this guy is a roadmap for how *not* to do it.

Maree Cheatham(Marie) is in her 80s. The last time we saw her was in 2010 when Alice died.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Marie is the last living Horton child. She is probably in her 80's. Marie is also Nick's grandmother. Julie is the oldest/SORASED grandchild, so not much of an age difference between her and Marie.

Hell, Julie just stopped calling Maggie, Aunt Maggie within the last 7yrs. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Why is Clyde not even handcuffed? Instead he's in regular clothes  just relaxing in the station. 

I actually didn't mind Clyde pointing out the dirty cop in Rafe covering up Stefano murder. 

I'm all for Stefan jail break plan and then never to be seen again.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I actually didn't mind Clyde pointing out the dirty cop in Rafe covering up Stefano murder. 

He did!?!

How did I miss that?? I would have loved that reference!

Also: Julie has Stefan's heart? Is this because of the Gabi controlling her through Lani stuff?

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Also: Julie has Stefan's heart? Is this because of the Gabi controlling her through Lani stuff?

Remember when Julie had the pacemaker but it wasn't working quite right?  Gabi got the guy who made the pacemaker to install some device that Gabi could use to the basically shock Julie by remote control.  Then Stefan got shot and killed and Julie needed a heart transplant ASAP so Gabi made Lani get down on her knees and beg for Stefan's heart.  Things went even further downhill from there.

So she's got Stefan's heart and he's got his brother's heart and OH MY HEAD HURTS.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So, Felicity with DS has 2 brothers? The Doc and Tate's friend?

Yes.  Aaron and this new doctor, Mark, are her brothers.  Apparently, Ron is introducing an all-new family.

Which . . . I don't know.  It'd be good to have some new bloodlines for intermingling.  But bringing on a new family all at once has risk, as it normally doesn't go over well with audiences.  For example, back in the old TWoP days, someone said that the Scofields barely managed to work with the audience, despite them being brought on all so close together.  The Reeds/Robertses and Walkers managed to integrate perfectly and the Lockharts at least decently, but the Hernandezes were hit or miss.

B&B failed with the Ramirezes, OLTL failed with the Davidsons/Rappaports and especially the Fords/Salingers (shudders), and GH failed with the Alcazars, the Zaccharas, and the Ashfords.

So I wonder how it'll go for the Greenes?

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

We already have a bloated cast. I have no interest in the Greene fam

Today...Pretty slow for a Friday. I liked Abe and EJ a lot. I watched live so I got the full horror of Paulina's weird vocal tics .

Smooth writing to get the dna results into Stefan's hands, much like the Xander reveal which also is coming due to an organic plot development

• Like 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Rodney said:

Yes.  Aaron and this new doctor, Mark, are her brothers.  Apparently, Ron is introducing an all-new family.

Which . . . I don't know.  It'd be good to have some new bloodlines for intermingling.  But bringing on a new family all at once has risk, as it normally doesn't go over well with audiences.  For example, back in the old TWoP days, someone said that the Scofields barely managed to work with the audience, despite them being brought on all so close together.  The Reeds/Robertses and Walkers managed to integrate perfectly and the Lockharts at least decently, but the Hernandezes were hit or miss.

B&B failed with the Ramirezes, OLTL failed with the Davidsons/Rappaports, and GH failed with the Alcazars, the Zaccharas, and the Ashfords.

So I wonder how it'll go for the Greenes?

The most successful new family ever in Days history was the Brady's. I was surprised to learn that they didn't exist before the 80s. Now I can't imagine the show not having them around. I agree it is a hit or miss. I don't mind new families the problem is that they don't introduce them as well as they used to.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Smooth writing to get the dna results into Stefan's hands, much like the Xander reveal which also is coming due to an organic plot development

Stefan getting the DNA is organic.  I don't see how the Xander reveal will be.  Then again, I fail to see how anything done with him lately is "organic."

• Like 2

Greene. Right. One of them said "three Es" the other day. Do they even look like one another, though? I don't recall a resemblance.

I am *so* sick and tired of Stefan going on and ON about his "soulmate" Gabi. Hardly, you moron. Yeah, fine, you've been married for a bit, but there was never anything compelling about you guys as a couple. You died, she never shut up about you, then you got back together after ending a better pairing (Gabi/Li) and now YOU're never shutting up about her. It's exhausting.

Speaking of which, do Julie and Chad even REMEMBER how Abigail was? She was a mess. Not a saint. Not a queen. Not a wonderful person or good at her job or even remotely appealing. Once she's back in their lives, I dread how everything will pan out.

Chad being gay at least would have opened him up to new possibilities as a character. We already know what he's like as Abby's husband. Why not try something new?

Clyde is still one of the best characters on the show. He makes every scene work. He's a terrific actor and they're lucky to have him. Too bad he's a horrid, horrid individual.

I loved Abe's delivery today (and seeing him walk and sit!) but he's got nothing but misplaced admiration for his stupid wife. She deserves to be run out of office. Too bad it's EJ doing it. I have no clue why he wants to be mayor at this point.

Kristen as DiMera President is...random as hell. She's never, ever expressed interest in the company, so them acting like this is her moment of triumph is about as impactful as all the sudden blathering about how Eric always wanted to be a Daddy.

Stefan getting the paternity results in his hands just means one more bad character gets to be inserted into the Ericole drama. As if Leo wasn't enough.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I loved Abe's delivery today (and seeing him walk and sit!) but he's got nothing but misplaced admiration for his stupid wife. She deserves to be run out of office. Too bad it's EJ doing it. I have no clue why he wants to be mayor at this point.

Just because he can be, I guess, and so he can take the office away from Paulina.

• Like 3

I hate that now that Stefan knows about the baby's father, he will just use it to blackmail EJ, and NOT do the right thing. By the time someone tells Eric and Nicole, the kid will be in college, I'm afraid.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Kristen as CEO? Shin actually thought that was good move? 

Community safe having the rest results is stupid EJ. 

Abe is stupid blind to Paulina.  EJ has right to try and get rid of her, this is same woman who tried to tear down the Square for a superstore. Then put everyone in her path in danger with radiation and still has no remorse. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Stefan getting the DNA is organic.  I don't see how the Xander reveal will be.  Then again, I fail to see how anything done with him lately is "organic."

In that Sarah wants to invite his mother to their wedding, a normal thing to do, but doing so will enable the truth about the will to be revealed. It makes sense without feeling forced as a plot device.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 6/13/2024 at 5:08 PM, norcalgal said:

I keep forgetting to post that when I watched the tv series The Musketeers (the version with Santiago Cabrera as Aramis - hubba, hubba!) I legit thought Leo was in the show as Gaston!  I was positive it had to be him, even though a small part of me thought:  huh?!  why would he be in this show?!  Turns out, it wasn't the Leo actor when I looked it up on IMDB.

Here's a clip of the actor who played Gaston.

image.png.a5084519671bff461f64b9ad53952e1f.png

OMG, this is so funny.   Just yesterday, I was watching an episode of Season 2 of "Jamestown" andthis guy shows up.  There was a side view of him and I turned to my friend and said, "OMG, he looks like Leo."  It was freaking me out the rest of the episode because I kept putting short dark hair on his head in my mind.  LOL!!!!!   I looked him up too because I thought he had to be related.

• Like 5
On 6/13/2024 at 5:39 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Billy Flynn clearly wants to go there. So let's, just not with Clyde. LOL 

13 hours ago, Rodney said:

B&B failed with the Ramirezes, OLTL failed with the Davidsons/Rappaports, and GH failed with the Alcazars, the Zaccharas, and the Ashfords.

B&B actually did a great job with the Avants, but then wrote them all out which just baffled me. They finally had a fascinating core black family, and then just sent them on their way. 

I miss the Lockharts. Especially Mimi's hot as hell brother. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I miss the Lockharts. Especially Mimi's hot as hell brother.

Is that the studly one that got with Hope and nearly sired Ciara? Patrick?

Well, he ain't ever comin' back because *let's all say it together people* The Only Man That Hope Can Ever Be With Is Bo Brady.

*Folds his arms and joins Patrick and Aiden, side-eyeing the producers*

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Billy Flynn clearly wants to go there.

I'm honestly surprised that Ron doesn't. OR maybe he does, but Ken won't let him?

God help us, we'd probably end up with a Leo/Chad pairing (and I'd never stop throwing up over that). It's sad that the best chance Chad had for an interesting gay relationship was back when Sonny was still on the show...but that would have meant breaking up Will and Sonny and Chad betraying the trust of his friends.

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

In that Sarah wants to invite his mother to their wedding, a normal thing to do, but doing so will enable the truth about the will to be revealed. It makes sense without feeling forced as a plot device.

How will Stefan blackmail EJ though? He isn't DA and can't do much to make Gabi's situation better...so...?

It'll be interesting to see how Xander's mother and Stefan knowing the secret play into the reveal.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Didn't he lose his first mayoral race to Abe like....14 years ago?

Was he ever Mayor before?

Abe initially was declared the winner but Nicole had paid off election officials to make it seem that Abe had committed election fraud and EJ was declared the winner. Abe was arrested for something that Nicole had no problems making him appear corrupt.

EJ remained mayor until he was forced to resign by the governor after he was arrested for killing Stefano even though it was revealed that  he was  framed by Ian McCallister and that Stefano wasn't really dead. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chad being gay at least would have opened him up to new possibilities as a character. We already know what he's like as Abby's husband. Why not try something new?

In general (not just directed towards you DB), I don't see the fascination about wanting Chad to be gay. Just because he has bedroom eyes doesn't mean he's attracted to everyone he speaks with. Sure, he's a 'touchy-feely' kinda guy, but that's not a prerequisite to being gay.

The idea of making Chad gay has been going on since his friendship with Will...and this was even before Billy Flynn was playing Chad. It makes no sense. It would be like me saying why not make Brady gay? Or Rafe? Or any other straight male character for that matter. People are bored with those characters too. Or maybe they're just bored in general. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is that the studly one that got with Hope and nearly sired Ciara? Patrick?

That would be the one.  Brody Hutzler is even interested in coming back.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Rodney said:

That would be the one.  Brody Hutzler is even interested in coming back.

They really should bring Patrick back. Yes, Hope is gone but his other successful pairing is still on the show, EJ. Remember when he and EJ had the S&M relationship? IYKYK

It would be nice to see Bonnie have one of her son's back on the show with her. 

Months ago when Judi, Deidre, and Susan were having a "girls day" they ran into Brody out shopping. I'm pretty sure you can find the pic on Judi's social media.  

• Like 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

In general (not just directed towards you DB), I don't see the fascination about wanting Chad to be gay. Just because he has bedroom eyes doesn't mean he's attracted to everyone he speaks with. Sure, he's a 'touchy-feely' kinda guy, but that's not a prerequisite to being gay.

The idea of making Chad gay has been going on since his friendship with Will...and this was even before Billy Flynn was playing Chad. It makes no sense. It would be like me saying why not make Brady gay? Or Rafe? Or any other straight male character for that matter. People are bored with those characters too. Or maybe they're just bored in general. 

I was personally never hoping for Chad to have a same sex relationship, even back when tall skinny Chad was sorta flirting with Will. And I agree - being comfortable around other men doesn't mean anything as far as sexuality goes. It's special enough knowing Chad is an ally to the show's main gay couple, even doing drag without it bothering him. That's a rare thing. And like I said, Chad 2.0 and Sonny 2.0 going for it sexually would have wrecked Wilson, which would have sucked, given all that couple had been through.

...buuuut, as others have pointed out, Billy seems to lean into the bedroom eyes with guys in a way that suggests he wants to go there. So why not? Couldn't he have, after all these years, been curious to experiment? And while he's a single widower, there seems to be no better time to go that route.

His prospects with women have been so bleak. Abigail is a trainwreck and only boxes him in - seriously, what will possibly be better now in that relationship?? - and Stephanie was nice but dull.

Billy can act. Why not give him new material? Bi or fluid characters exist on the show now - hi, Chanel! - so it isn't a stretch for Chad to be one. And the groundwork has been there for years, even between two different actors, no less. That's not the case for Brady or Rafe, who as far as I can remember were never sparking with any guys (and struggling to spark with the girls too!)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm honestly surprised that Ron doesn't. OR maybe he does, but Ken won't let him?

Chad's sexuality becoming fluid seems like something Ron would love doing so I do assume it's more of an issue for someone above him.

6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Months ago when Judi, Deidre, and Susan were having a "girls day" they ran into Brody out shopping. I'm pretty sure you can find the pic on Judi's social media.  

That is so cute!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Didn't he lose his first mayoral race to Abe like....14 years ago?

Was he ever Mayor before?

Never mind apparently EJ was mayor at one point. It's weird how they barely interact now especially since EJ is Lexie's brother. Then again this show makes it a point to act like Lexie doesn't exist especially since her death happened on the same day Abe/Paulina got married. 

I personally don't think Abby is returning either this is all a tease. Ron doesn't seem interested in resurrecting her which is fine. However this show hasn't done Chad any favors when it comes to this character beyond her. I think any chance he had of being a viable character away from that pairing ended after Casey Deidrick left the role. 

His Chad had an existence beyond Abby not really sure why they can't go back to that if they have no interest in resurrecting her. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...buuuut, as others have pointed out, Billy seems to lean into the bedroom eyes with guys in a way that suggests he wants to go there. So why not? Couldn't he have, after all these years, been curious to experiment? And while he's a single widower, there seems to be no better time to go that route.

9-1-1 recently had a bi-awakening story with a character who had assumed he was straight as he had only ever dated/slept with women over the previous six seasons of the show.  If he thought a guy was cute, he only assumed it was because he was secure in his sexuality/masculinity and hey, he's an ally! Then one day he developed a crush on a guy, but he couldn't figure out his feelings until the guy kissed him.  

Not to get too fanficy but something like that could be a great story independently or even within the context of a triangle.  Chad could be with a woman (Abby if she comes back) and develop a friendship with a guy that unexpectedly turns romantic because Chad wasn't expecting to have romantic feelings for and an attraction to a man until it hit him in the face. 

I'd watch the hell out of that story but I do think it'd be stopped by a higher-up.  Daytime could have so much fun with bi characters but they're often misunderstood.  Even though the 9-1-1 story received a lot of positivity, there was a faction of the fan base that was upset they "turned" the character gay.  (Not gay.  Bi.  Still into men and women and there were subtle hints from early on.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm not happy that it seems that now Stefan will be involved in exposing the truth about Nicole's kid.  Mainly because I can't stand the character or the way Brandon Barash portrays him.  

I really wish he would go on the run, sooner rather than later, and I wouldn't mind one bit if he took Gabi with him.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm not happy that it seems that now Stefan will be involved in exposing the truth about Nicole's kid.  Mainly because I can't stand the character or the way Brandon Barash portrays him.  

I really wish he would go on the run, sooner rather than later, and I wouldn't mind one bit if he took Gabi with him.

Stefan/Gabi should honestly be written out of the show tbh because they don't add anything to the canvas. I know this show needs a couple in that age range and they do have a fanbase but they don't seem to know what to do with them either. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Never mind apparently EJ was mayor at one point. It's weird how they barely interact now especially since EJ is Lexie's brother. Then again this show makes it a point to act like Lexie doesn't exist especially since her death happened on the same day Abe/Paulina got married. 

Abe mentioned Lexie and the fact that she's EJ sister in those scenes yesterday.

I've already said I'd love if this Abigail stuff is just Clyde fucking with Chad and family. It would just be hilarious plus the added bonus of Abigail not coming back lol.

Stefan has pretty much never worked and they have never known what to do with him but I do like Gabi and I think she should come back. But if she's just gonna be tied to Stefan I would rather they just not have her back lol.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Abe mentioned Lexie and the fact that she's EJ sister in those scenes yesterday.

I've already said I'd love if this Abigail stuff is just Clyde fucking with Chad and family. It would just be hilarious plus the added bonus of Abigail not coming back lol.

Stefan has pretty much never worked and they have never known what to do with him but I do like Gabi and I think she should come back. But if she's just gonna be tied to Stefan I would rather they just not have her back lol.

That’s good to hear but nobody points out the fact that Abe/Paulina got married on the anniversary of Lexie’s death and how terrible it is. EJ would have been that person but this show doesn’t want Abe to remember his existence beyond Paulina. 

I think that’s what Clyde is doing tbh. I could accept Gabi being around beyond Stefan but the show doesn’t want her without Stefan the character they seem more interested in. 

• Like 7