Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Does Brady know his demon child daughter at all? Yes she'd be so happy for him and Chloe.  

Xander goes to visit his Victor for his return and Brady used that do go make a play for his girlfriend. Yet Brady is the good guy. 

Victor is missing 3 days?  I guess that opens a where did Victor go mystery. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And, adding in the drama behind the scenes, in terms of Sarah/Xander/Chloe, I'm thinking maybe [as I was not there and can't be sure!] LG was punished and Sarah was on a revolving door because of being outspoken? (She did have such a history before.)

Maybe. Maybe not.

But as much as I like Xander/Chloe, I do still like Xander/Sarah. And the former is being written far too fast in progression.

And Chloe does have Parker [even if he is forgotten], so if Xander ever goes bad again, as said above, I think Chloe could get just as self righteous as Sarah. Hence my still liking both. They seem on equal footing character wise, and I don't think Chloe would just accept "bad Xander", either. So... *shrug*

I don’t think she should accept that either but the show isn’t original in that regard. They want to have bad Xander and romantic lead Xander at the same time. Which I think makes his pairings DOA unless something fundamentally changes. 

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Does Brady know his demon child daughter at all? Yes she'd be so happy for him and Chloe.  

Xander goes to visit his Victor for his return and Brady used that do go make a play for his girlfriend. Yet Brady is the good guy. 

Victor is missing 3 days?  I guess that opens a where did Victor go mystery. 

Well compared to Xander he is but I think Broe should have just stayed friends. This show will never let him escape Kristen. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't have minded Xander/Chloe if I felt this show didn't gloss over the things Xander has done I mean he(along with Theresa) left her there with El Fideo.

Whom Chloe literally had to KILL to get away from.

🤨

Yeah, no. Being the guy who nearly murdered your longtime friend's Mom and brother would likely disqualify you from marriage, I would think.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

LG was punished and Sarah was on a revolving door because of being outspoken? (She did have such a history before.)

Can you expand on this?  I didn’t hear about any BTS drama involving LG.  Thanks 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Can you expand on this?  I didn’t hear about any BTS drama involving LG.  Thanks 

I phrased badly.

There is nothing about LG, per se. But LG had been very outspoken when on TwitX in the past about stuff [her account has since been closed, I think!], so with that personality, I would not be at all surprised if she clashed with the loser of a former EP. Hence maybe ushering Sarah off/the revolving door? Especially the abrupt nature the first time it happened... I recall how shocked everyone was when Sarah exited via Kristen as it was assumed she and Xander were marrying.

As I said, I have no idea if that's so, but not out of the realm of possibility considering all the stuff that has surfaced behind the scenes.

I am also aware budget is an issue and others have done that cycle, but - again - based on the abrupt exit(s) for Sarah...who knows?

I guess we'll figure out things as Janet Drucker takes the reins. Maybe it all is budget. Or not.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On another note, the hashtag #RememberingVictor is trending on TwitX, and folks are posting some great clips and pictures.

Including when Bo discovered that Victor was his father.

Victor's first appearance [also featuring the late Quinn Redeker as Alex Marshall, who was conducting an auction!].

Also some photos from the Greece location shoot [remember those days, no pun intended?] for Justin and Adrienne's wedding. (Ironically, the church used was also used for a memorial service for John. I recall, I think it was Judi Evans and/or Wally Kurth, that posted pics of the church from 1987 and from said service.)

Also some photos of John Aniston and Joseph Mascolo, the two great villains of modern Days.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

There is nothing about LG, per se. But LG had been very outspoken when on TwitX in the past about stuff [her account has since been closed, I think!], so with that personality, I would not be at all surprised if she clashed with the loser of a former EP. Hence maybe ushering Sarah off/the revolving door? Especially the abrupt nature the first time it happened... I recall how shocked everyone was when Sarah exited via Kristen as it was assumed she and Xander were marrying.

As I said, I have no idea if that's so, but not out of the realm of possibility considering all the stuff that has surfaced behind the scenes.

I am also aware budget is an issue and others have done that cycle, but - again - based on the abrupt exit(s) for Sarah...who knows?

You may be on to something. 

• Like 5

Seconded.

I was smart this time, read the synopsis and knew today was a big fat SKIP! Sanity preserved!

...why they'd interrupt the flow of Victor's death episode with more Paulina, Cousin Thing and Nibbles, I have no idea.

(Do we have a nickname for Paulina? I nominate Cousin Thing for Thalia cause her hair is too much.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Seconded.

I was smart this time, read the synopsis and knew today was a big fat SKIP! Sanity preserved!

...why they'd interrupt the flow of Victor's death episode with more Paulina, Cousin Thing and Nibbles, I have no idea.

(Do we have a nickname for Paulina? I nominate Cousin Thing for Thalia cause her hair is too much.)

It was deadly.  I can't think there is any audience for Talia in a triangle with Johnny and Chanel. The show just needs to put them together. 

No words for Paulina and her selfish pushing Abe into something he's in no way ready for.

Leo and Dmirti are gross. Not cause they are gay but because of how they are both betraying Gwen, who would totally have been in on a fake marriage to bag the millions. Gwen comes across as stupid which she never was

Liked the vets. Abe/Steve and Marlena/Kayla. Dee is tolerable with Mary Beth. Far less cold for some reason

I wanted to continue the Brady and Xander scene and see Justin talk to Maggie. Ridiculous that this was shelved for the dreck today 

Only useful bit of intel was Dmitri stating that it is August in Salem. Since Sarah and Xander last had sex on Boxing day this makes her right around 8 months pregnant. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Ahhh, so she's due very soon.

All I heard from the 2 seconds I watched was Leo making dick jokes. As always.

Leo? STFU.

Representation is supposed to be good, right?

I had such hopes for Dimitri. There's zero plausibility to him wanting Leo and risking millions but sure...his pop culture references are just so irritat...um, irresistible! Yes! Irresistible!

🙄

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm only hoping Gwen, Whatshisname and Leo fall face first into one of those active Icelandic volcanoes.  And if Iceland currently has no active volcanoes, may one temporarily open up and swallow them all whole.

Steve and Kayla should kick Abe's pompous ass out of their apartment and let him go live with the Mouth that Roars.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Definitely not. Making all the gay people good or bad would be terrible representation.

9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I hope Gwen takes Dimitri for every penny he has. 

This. I hate this story. Sure, Gwen craves love and affection but she's not this dumb. She better buy a fucking clue in this episode or I'm going to have to just fast forward through this from now on.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

The way this show is written, I half expect it to drag out for nine months, at which point Leo is big as a house and goes into labor. With triplets. And Gwen is still clueless.

Rachel shouldn't exist...but at least she's pleasantly meddlesome.

Decades ago, they'd have spent an uninterrupted 5 minutes with Maggie processing the news and not cut to other scenes of less important plots. Does anyone else remember scenes that would run from one commercial break to another? This merits that kind of respectful treatment.

...how exactly is Dimitri....um....recharging his batteries with both Gwen and Leo seemingly jumping him every two minutes?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The way this show is written, I half expect it to drag out for nine months, at which point Leo is big as a house and goes into labor. With triplets. And Gwen is still clueless.

Rachel shouldn't exist...but at least she's pleasantly meddlesome.

Decades ago, they'd have spent an uninterrupted 5 minutes with Maggie processing the news and not cut to other scenes of less important plots. Does anyone else remember scenes that would run from one commercial break to another? This merits that kind of respectful treatment.

...how exactly is Dimitri....um....recharging his batteries with both Gwen and Leo seemingly jumping him every two minutes?

This just made me wonder if Dimitri and Leo are using protection? Not that this show ever worries about STDs.Although I certainly hope he took a shower before sleeping with Gwen.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhh, so she's due very soon.

All I heard from the 2 seconds I watched was Leo making dick jokes. As always.

Leo? STFU.

I had such hopes for Dimitri. There's zero plausibility to him wanting Leo and risking millions but sure...his pop culture references are just so irritat...um, irresistible! Yes! Irresistible!

🙄

I’m really not liking the sexual innuendos on the show, especially the ones coming out of Leo’s mouth. It’s not funny. It’s just low class.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I thought Maggie & Justin did a good job with those emotional scenes today, and I liked having John there too.  It was rather abrupt with the transition  from those sad scenes to the ones of Leo/Gwennie/Dmitri...good grief, could Gwen be even more Dumb?!   Gwen was never written before as dumb & clueless.  Apparently, someone on the writing staff is a Madonna fan :)  The scene with "Auntie Gabs" & Rachel playing a "Game" was making me laugh.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think it was fitting the last scene had John, Brady, Justin and Maggie. 

Me too. Wally and Drake go back all the way with John Aniston, and Brady is the only link to Isabella. 

What an offensive waste of time the Gwen stuff was. They couldn't have slotted that in another day and maybe shown us Xander getting the news with Chloe? Shawn D hearing about his grandfather? I hate Ciara but she should be mentioned too

• Like 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh and why the heck is Steve telling Stephanie about Victor's body being found before he knows Maggie has been informed? Last time I checked she is not a relation

Maybe to set up the Alex/Stephanie scene or to let Sonny know(although I figured Steve would've told him that directly).

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Maybe to set up the Alex/Stephanie scene or to let Sonny know(although I figured Steve would've told him that directly).

Oh I know it was just to set up another tedious Stephanie and Alex hug but it was still not her business to know 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think it was fitting the last scene had John, Brady, Justin and Maggie. 

If only they'd stopped cutting away to RSW and his tired open mouth = I'm emotional! acting technique.

Go on - keep giving us nothing!

Seriously, though, they put the right people in that room. Drake was great. Justin....ehhhhh. Wally was dry as heck. Weird.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I really wish Gwen knew what was going on and was just pretending to be this stupid. I doubt it, though. Ron just wants us to feel sorry for his precious princess. 

I used to like Leo when almost no one else did. Now, I think he is trash. 

I’m glad they made it clear they found Victor’s body. Since the actor passed away, I didn’t think there should be any ambiguity.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If only they'd stopped cutting away to RSW and his tired open mouth = I'm emotional! acting technique.

Go on - keep giving us nothing!

That’s not fair. He also huffs his breath constantly. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 8/15/2023 at 1:24 PM, DisneyBoy said:

You're thinking of Cousin Itt.  Thing was the disembodied hand that ran around.

53 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Really felt bad for Maggie today.

One thing you can say for some of the vets, is they really know how to bring it when necessary.  I have absolutely no doubt that Suzanne will do Victor's passing justice.  I'm also REALLY glad they said that his body had been discovered.  Since John is actually gone in real life, it would have been a complete sacrilege for the show to do some missing or back from the dead storyline (see Joe Mascolo.)

9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What an offensive waste of time the Gwen stuff was. They couldn't have slotted that in another day and maybe shown us Xander getting the news with Chloe? Shawn D hearing about his grandfather? I hate Ciara but she should be mentioned too

I'm guessing (or should I say hoping) that today was just some of the characters initially finding out about Victor's death and that they'll do a real farewell to him in another show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

The dedication to him was odd since this wasn't a 100% Victor-focused episode.

They'd better do a full funeral, FFS.

Separate note, but why were the reporters eating Abe alive when he basically just came back from the dead? Yeah sure, his memory is poor right now, but he was abducted from his sickbed weeks ago and nearly murdered several times....maybe just be nice to the guy?

I'd like to think Abe is well-liked, given he's a repeatedly elected Mayor. So the feeding frenzy seemed really bizarre.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I used to like Leo when almost no one else did. Now, I think he is trash. 

This. I always enjoyed Leo but he's being awful right now. If they wanted to do this story they should have at least built up something between Leo and Dimitri. Not just Leo hates Dimitri and thinks Dimitri's a liar that he doesn't want his best friend with but then Dmitri fucks him 1 time so he gives up a years long friendship.

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. I always enjoyed Leo but he's being awful right now. If they wanted to do this story they should have at least built up something between Leo and Dimitri. Not just Leo hates Dimitri and thinks Dimitri's a liar that he doesn't want his best friend with but then Dmitri fucks him 1 time so he gives up a years long friendship.

Leo is an idiot he's willing to risk everything for Dimitri. Leo has way more to lose than Dimitri. Sure he will lose some money but he will still be rich.He will still have the dimeras as family.Considering the way Dimitri threw Leo under the bus yesterday he's hardly going to defend him.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Separate note, but why were the reporters eating Abe alive when he basically just came back from the dead? Yeah sure, his memory is poor right now, but he was abducted from his sickbed weeks ago and nearly murdered several times....maybe just be nice to the guy?

I'd like to think Abe is well-liked, given he's a repeatedly elected Mayor. So the feeding frenzy seemed really bizarre.

I think (hope) they were trying to show that just because Abe is a nice, well-liked guy he isn't necessarily qualified to be Mayor.  He can't remember any of the REAL issues facing Salem and pretty much announced that he really just wanted to be mayor so he could pull strings for Chanel - not exactly winning qualifications.  No one was saying he'll never be qualified to be mayor again, just that he isn't now.  Memory loss or not, he really should have had enough savvy to realize his friends were right and Paulina was just using him for his "power".

• Love 5

So Rawlings was the reason the media jumped on Abe. And there's an election coming up in two months...

Lots of great set-up here for a Philip return. If he comes back, Xander has a grudge over the Titan mess and knows Chloe loves him...plus Shawn lost Belle to Philip, and as Commissioner would have to arrest him for faking his death...plus Philip dealing with Victor's passing and his parents' handling of his care means there's lots of potentially interesting repercussions.

Ok. Damnit. Great acting and music today with Xander/Chloe. Great writing especially. Folding Xander's feelings of worthlessness into Chloe seeing his vulnerability and loving him...clever.

She still shouldn't pity or marry him but...well, I finally felt something about them at least.

Mayor Paulina? Yeah, Abe, buddy, you're definitely not in your right mind. Please stop.

Telfer wasn't quite crying today but he was much more believable than he was the last times he tried. Good job.

Terrific use of flackbacks.

Koslow? Take a bow. 👏👏👏 That was a perfect performance. Understated and layered. Just fantastic.

She's such a gem. They don't give her enough to do. She really moved me today.

Best episode in a while, minus the usual Paulina BS.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Oh My: I am crying at the end of today's show, Paul Telfer(Xander) is just great in these emotional scenes, he & Chloe had such a moment when they said "I Love You" and then the final scene with Victor saying he is proud of Xander as a Kiriakis.  All the Flashbacks were great, altho I was distracted by Lauren Koslow's changing face & the buttons on her jacket!  I loved the Steve Flashbacks of him coming to Salem to work for Victor & what a 'bad" guy Victor was but Kayla reminded him that her Mother loved Victor & I have always been a Steve/Kayla fan so I loved their scenes together & so sweet when they kissed.  I feel really Old because I remember those early days of watching "DOOL" & the romances & intrigue. :(

• Like 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh My: I am crying at the end of today's show, Paul Telfer(Xander) is just great in these emotional scenes, he & Chloe had such a moment when they said "I Love You" and then the final scene with Victor saying he is proud of Xander as a Kiriakis.  

I so agree. I'm shocked by how much I'm loving Xoe. The two really work well together, and I do think we see a different version of Xander with Chloe.

I thought the scenes showed one of NB's biggest strengths as an actress. She's okay with letting other people have big moments. She wasn't mugging the camera or having dramatic reactions to Victor's death or Philip's name. She conveyed the history she had via very subtle looks. Immense worry when Xander mentioned checking on Maggie. Hurt, regret, and maybe even a tad insulted when Xander mentioned his rivalry with Philip. I think NB reacts to people really well. Chloe was able to convey her own history with people while allowing the scene to center on Xander. The "I love you" at the end even felt authentic if rushed.

I know a lot of people here don't like Paulina, but I was excited that she is going to be mayor. Paulina makes a much better Soap Opera mayor than Abe. She's more dramatic, she has fewer scruples, and the Carver/Price/Grant family feels more centered around her than Abe. I also hope they'll put her back into a less morally good position as mayor like she was when she was first introduced.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I so agree. I'm shocked by how much I'm loving Xoe. The two really work well together, and I do think we see a different version of Xander with Chloe.

I thought the scenes showed one of NB's biggest strengths as an actress. She's okay with letting other people have big moments. She wasn't mugging the camera or having dramatic reactions to Victor's death or Philip's name. She conveyed the history she had via very subtle looks. Immense worry when Xander mentioned checking on Maggie. Hurt, regret, and maybe even a tad insulted when Xander mentioned his rivalry with Philip. I think NB reacts to people really well. Chloe was able to convey her own history with people while allowing the scene to center on Xander. The "I love you" at the end even felt authentic if rushed.

I know a lot of people here don't like Paulina, but I was excited that she is going to be mayor. Paulina makes a much better Soap Opera mayor than Abe. She's more dramatic, she has fewer scruples, and the Carver/Price/Grant family feels more centered around her than Abe. I also hope they'll put her back into a less morally good position as mayor like she was when she was first introduced.

I always thought the mayor of Salem should be a grey character. I was hoping for that with Jack but they ruined that.

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I always thought the mayor of Salem should be a grey character. I was hoping for that with Jack but they ruined that.

EJ was mayor and had beaten Abe.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

They're not very subtle with the want-to-be mayor character.  He has the politician smirk down pat.  It's obvious he's BAD with a capital B.  I think they're also hinting the reason he dislikes Abe, Paulina, and Chanel is because he's a little bit racist.  I wish his villainy was a little less obvious .

• Like 6
  • Love 2