Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

The season 14 reunion begins as Marlo and Shereé confront Kandi about her slanderous commentary. Tensions rise between Sanya and Drew over who is real on and off-camera. Marlo shares details of her traumatic childhood and her longing to be accepted into the group despite her jagged past. Shereé reveals details about her new beau.

Airdate: 09.11.2022

Yikes. How is this forum so dead on reunion night? Anyhow, do we know who Sheree is dating?

Also. I know Andy’s working hard to redeem Marlo, but I wish they’d reassign her peach - I know she’s had a rough childhood, but she’s just mean and dull - not much fun to watch IMO.

• Like 1
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, lyric said:

Also. I know Andy’s working hard to redeem Marlo, but I wish they’d reassign her peach - I know she’s had a rough childhood, but she’s just mean and dull - not much fun to watch IMO.

I feel bad for her rough childhood but it doesn’t but I really don’t want to see her on my TV screen.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lyric said:

Yikes. How is this forum so dead on reunion night?

We're still stunned by some of the breathtaking stupidity we saw?

I have to commend Marlo for finally squeezing out a tear toward the end of her redemption speech. I don't doubt that she had a difficult childhood, but I don't think all of what she said was true. Regardless, your childhood is a reason, not an excuse. Marlo hasn't accepted responsibility for the decisions she's made since then. Andy was falling all over her, but I hope she's not back next season. We saw both Lisa Wu and Deshawn Snow at events this season. It would be interesting to see them as peach holders again.

I paid attention to every word Sanya said about Drew and I still have no idea what her problem is.

• Like 3
  • Love 11

A lackluster season produced a forgettable Reunion Part 1.

This group of women genuinely don't have chemistry with each other. It's hard to care about Sanya/Drew, Drew/ Sheree, Kandi/Marlo, Kenya/Marlo because they just don't actually seem like they care about each other to me. I can't even say fast friends/fast enemies because some never even made it to the friends part of that statement. I do like the Sheree/Kenya moments and Drew/Kenya is also enjoyable. I'm not invested in those relationships, but I at least find them enjoyable.

I most be a cold, evil, cruel-hearted person because I felt nothing for Marlo. Yes, her childhood was terrible, and I do genuinely feel for the young Marlo to young adult Marlo. However, I believe Marlo is in her 40s, and something she said resonated. She's on the same platform as a media mogul, Olympic Gold medalist, a Grammy winner, Ms. USA, yet nothing about her seems appreciative of that rags to riches story. There didn't even seem to be genuine reflection in that comment. She in no way is using that powerful narrative to reshape her own identity and based on what we've seen on the show, she isn't using it to shape the experiences of her nephews who she kicked out of her home. Marlo just comes off as vile, cruel, calculating, and quite frankly, evil. She the type who wants to get close to you solely to hurt you as we've seen several times on the show.

I listened to every word Sanya said. I'm still not certain what her issue with Drew is. I don't think Sanya herself knows. I also hate her speaking voice.

At this point, why is Kandi still there? 

Andy should give up being a host.

The preview for the next episode looks uneventful 

• Applause 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Kandi is still there because 1) she validates the show as B-List rather than D-List; 2) Bravo checks show up every two weeks like clockwork and don't bounce; 3) her HWs work affords the opportunity to create follow on projects (like the wedding special and OLG) which subsequently feed her mama, aunties, cousins and 'dem and 4) people (castmates and viewers) actually like her and she provides a counterbalance to Kenya and Marlo who have few if any redeeming characteristics.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I listened to every word Sanya said. I'm still not certain what her issue with Drew is. I don't think Sanya herself knows. I also hate her speaking voice.

I thought that was just me!  I have no idea what happened.  I did find it weird that the other housewives didn't stand up for Drew, and Andy was bitchy to her.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I paid attention to every word Sanya said about Drew and I still have no idea what her problem is.

Sounds to me, and yes it IS VERY difficult to piece together the way Sanya AND Drew have these conversations cause Drew overtalks SO DAMN MUCH and Sanya just starts shouting, interrupting and demanding, but sounds to me that Sanya was doing a little bit of fourth wall breaking. From what I could gather Sanya was describing a moment where she was in a room with Drew while she was getting her glam on and Sanya brought up some sort of conflict with Drew and told Drew she wanted to bring it up in the group setting to go over it and Drew was okay with discussing it and then when Sanya actually brought it up Drew acted completely taken aback about the subject matter, the timing and pushed this confused "why are we talking about this" attitude when Sanya brought it up. Sanya was under the impression that Drew was down with getting into it and getting to the bottom of whatever the particular issue was. Now the problem is, no one can even understand what the subject actually was. It's more about Sanya trying to call Drew out on saying one thing in private and then doing some 180 when it's brought up in front of the other ladies and with the cameras rolling. 

Look my impression of Drew is that she is very disorganized with her thoughts and her communication and add that with the desire to be messy and create drama and yeah I can see where Sanya just gets completely overwhelmed when trying to film with her. Problem with Sanya is that Sanya seems to need things to go in some sort of order. I feel like Sanya tries to be on this show in a Step one Step Two Step Three sort of way.  Oh, we have conflict let me touch base with Drew and go over a clean approach to do this in front of the ladies and of course during a designated filming moment. Drew comes in and takes it down Housewife drama road and doesn't follow the plan throwing Sanya completely off. Sanya's problem is that she's not quick or witty enough to be in the moment and let it rock how it's gonna rock so Drews disorganized, "doing too much" self is going have her flustered all the time. 

I personally don't like Drew cause she's just confusing as well. Her whole presence on the show is muddled and messy and unclear and BORING!! Even her conflicts with others plays out so dull, lame and CORNY. Sanya is another dud with her inability to get anywhere with anything. She takes EVERYTHING too seriously and even though I do side with her when it comes to her trying to call out Kenya and Drew on their shade she's just so incapable I just end up shrugging my shoulders and going EH... 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I think Sanya wanted to toss Drew aside for the more popular housewives. Getting into it with Drew gives her a bond with the others. 
I do have some sympathy for Marlo but it felt like she was rationalizing her low blow insults. I’m also tired of hearing hurt people hurt people as an excuse to say horrible things. 
Sherees new man cheated on his wife? That woman has no standards. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Sanya wanted to toss Drew aside for the more popular housewives. Getting into it with Drew gives her a bond with the others. 
I do have some sympathy for Marlo but it felt like she was rationalizing her low blow insults. I’m also tired of hearing hurt people hurt people as an excuse to say horrible things. 
Sherees new man cheated on his wife? That woman has no standards. 

Yeah, I do not get Sheree and her choice of men, the bar is so low.

Sanya is like the Seinfeld show, she is a show about nothing, either my memory is bad or we have not been given any story line other than she is an Olympic gold medal winner and that she has a beef with Drew but cannot tell us what it was about.  

Marlo's deal is she had a bad childhood, she has two nephews that she wants a better life for but abandoned them the minute it got tough, she has a business that she barely works at, misspelled the name of, cannot share with us how it works and then has something to say about Sheree's business, Mother Marlo should not have been given screen time, it just added to the chaos.

In the last few minutes of the episode we see Ralph holding a book that he supposedly wrote, that book we saw cannot be the actual book, it looked fake, like a mock up for the cover art...no way Ralph has that much to say, that sample was way too thick and the chyron said Drew still has not read it...most likely because there is no "it," Maybe it is like Seinfeld, it is a book about nothing, lol.

Kandi laughs all the way to the bank every time.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Several seasons back Marlo went in on Kenya about her mom not wanting her. Now she expects viewers to feel bad for her for the same reason.  I think she went too far with low blows and is now fighting to keep her peach.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4
  • Love 8
On 9/12/2022 at 9:11 AM, 4evaQuez said:

A lackluster season produced a forgettable Reunion Part 1.

This group of women genuinely don't have chemistry with each other. It's hard to care about Sanya/Drew, Drew/ Sheree, Kandi/Marlo, Kenya/Marlo because they just don't actually seem like they care about each other to me. I can't even say fast friends/fast enemies because some never even made it to the friends part of that statement. I do like the Sheree/Kenya moments and Drew/Kenya is also enjoyable. I'm not invested in those relationships, but I at least find them enjoyable.

I most be a cold, evil, cruel-hearted person because I felt nothing for Marlo. Yes, her childhood was terrible, and I do genuinely feel for the young Marlo to young adult Marlo. However, I believe Marlo is in her 40s, and something she said resonated. She's on the same platform as a media mogul, Olympic Gold medalist, a Grammy winner, Ms. USA, yet nothing about her seems appreciative of that rags to riches story. There didn't even seem to be genuine reflection in that comment. She in no way is using that powerful narrative to reshape her own identity and based on what we've seen on the show, she isn't using it to shape the experiences of her nephews who she kicked out of her home. Marlo just comes off as vile, cruel, calculating, and quite frankly, evil. She the type who wants to get close to you solely to hurt you as we've seen several times on the show.

Andy should give up being a host.

The preview for the next episode looks uneventful 

I feel sorry for Marlo the 10 year old child, but I feel absolutely nothing for Marlo the adult. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Bring back DeShawn Snow, Lisa Wu , Nene, Porsha, Phedra, Kandi, and Kenya.  I know if Phaedra comes back , Kandi  said she would leave, I don't believe it, Kandi ain't missing no bag. Nene has no future with Bravo hence the lawsuit.  Maybe they need to recast the whole show. Marlo and Sanya needs to go.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, TexasGal said:

A very boring season. 

On 9/11/2022 at 9:36 PM, lyric said:

Yikes. How is this forum so dead on reunion night? Anyhow, do we know who Sheree is dating?

Yes, Marlo made it difficult for me to watch . 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, Passing Strange said:

We're still stunned by some of the breathtaking stupidity we saw?

I have to commend Marlo for finally squeezing out a tear toward the end of her redemption speech. I don't doubt that she had a difficult childhood, but I don't think all of what she said was true. Regardless, your childhood is a reason, not an excuse. Marlo hasn't accepted responsibility for the decisions she's made since then. Andy was falling all over her, but I hope she's not back next season. We saw both Lisa Wu and Deshawn Snow at events this season. It would be interesting to see them as peach holders again.

No worries , Sanya doesn't know what her problem is either. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, TexasGal said:

I was so not feeling Sharee this season, she was sooo 2-faced I couldn't stand her.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, byrd said:

Bring back DeShawn Snow, Lisa Wu , Nene, Porsha, Phedra, Kandi, and Kenya.  I know if Phaedra comes back , Kandi  said she would leave, I don't believe it, Kandi ain't missing no bag. Nene has no future with Bravo hence the lawsuit.  Maybe they need to recast the whole show. Marlo and Sanya needs to go.  

Bravo is considering Phaedra for a comeback. She was a guest on the RH of Dubai, was on S2 of the Ultimate Girls Trip, and on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens relatively recently.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Bravo is considering Phaedra for a comeback. She was a guest on the RH of Dubai, wss on S2 of the Ultimate Girls Trip, and on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens relatively recently.

I can take her in small doses.  The way she talks with her eyes shut drives me nuts as does her what is supposed to be sensual lip licking about everything, turning everything in to something "naughty" like we all have never seen a dildo before and we are not 12 years old and the constant cackle about everything when they are not even funny....small doses only.

After watching her on the Blue Stone Manor Girls Trip I still do not know what she is up to now, is she still practicing law, is she still an undertaker, do the kids see Apollo?  Who is she still friends with on RHOA?

• Love 3
On 9/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Several seasons back Marlo went in on Kenya about her mom not wanting her. Now she expects viewers to feel bad for her for the same reason.  I think she went too far with low blows and is now fighting to keep her peach.

Yeah, Marlo had a very, very rough childhood, but it's just no fun to watch her go after people, especially Kenya. Kenya is messy and annoying at times, but I don't think I've seen her be cruel. Marlo is cruel and verbally abusive. At some point she's responsible for her words and actions. She mistreats Kenya like her own mother might have mistreated her. The cycle continues, and unfortunately Bravo has decided to make us watch it. As I've said before, it bothers me that Marlo is trying to be a role model for young girls. She is so materialistic and makes everything about appearance. What about the plain girls who attend one of her events? Her message is basically if you don't look good you're worthless.

Oh, and I believe that Kandi did all kinds of things to help Marlo, and Marlo accused her of being selfish and only for herself. Kandi was genuinely hurt, and probably for good reason.

Edited by queta
  • Like 3
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, queta said:

. Kenya is messy and annoying at times, but I don't think I've seen her be cruel.

Kenya can be extremely cruel, but she limits it to her talking heads and doesn't come for people in their face. I wonder if she thinks that can be justified as "her character giving the viewers what they want" vs. her true feelings. I know that a lot of HWs try to walk that line and few if any of the "villains" have been successful doing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Bravo is considering Phaedra for a comeback. She was a guest on the RH of Dubai, was on S2 of the Ultimate Girls Trip, and on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens relatively recently.

That's good news, because she's needed. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Kenya can be extremely cruel, but she limits it to her talking heads and doesn't come for people in their face. I wonder if she thinks that can be justified as "her character giving the viewers what they want" vs. her true feelings. I know that a lot of HWs try to walk that line and few if any of the "villains" have been successful doing it.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe that's why it feels different to me. To me Kenya is playing a role and knows it; Marlo is in her feelings a lot and attacks. It feels real, and that is why it is disturbing to me. If I want to see real arguments where people go for the jugular I can stop by a family get-together....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Boring season. 

We still don't know what Sanya's issue is with Drew because it was manufactured in order for Sanya to have a storyline. Unfortunately, she is not that interesting. 

Marlo is not a good addition. I don't care too much about her childhood, and it seems Andy Cohen pushed this narrative in the reunion to make her appear more likeable, since she was obviously not during the season. It was forced. 

Sheree had the best storylines (the fashion show, and Tyrone). It would be better if the fashion show was a fashion show with no fashions. The clothes were bad copies, they were ill fitted, and nothing special by any means. Sheree bragged at the reunion that masterpieces (she didn't use this expression, but something similar) take time! Really? Fourteen years for THAT?

Mama Joyce is a monster. She would prefer Todd's kids not to be treated equally to Riley (who didn't have exactly a great father- the guy didn't pay for child support and he was absent) because she hates Todd! There are all Kandi's kids!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

The ONLY thing remotely interesting, (and I use that word very loosely), about MarHO, was watching how embarrassingly low she would go to scrounge for a peach. It never occurred to me that she would actually get one. And your "nephews," whom you so carelessly discarded like an old McDonald's bag, are not "lucky" to be living in your stupid house. They'd be much better off with a caregiver in a modest home who would never dream of kicking them out. You took them in as a fame-whoring stunt and showed your real self in the end. If she keeps her peach, I won't be watching. As a teacher of young people, I can tell you that they do not need to be around old, ignorant, illiterate fame-whores who say the vilest things and still sound like a hateful middle schooler who is out of her depth. Telling people their breath stinks--when you're a nasty old heifer pushing 60.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 9/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, TexasGal said:

"S14.E18: Reunion Part 1." The season 14 reunion begins as Marlo and Shereé confront Kandi about her slanderous commentary. Tensions rise between Sanya and Drew over who is real on and off-camera. Marlo shares details of her traumatic childhood and her longing to be accepted into the group despite her jagged past. Shereé reveals details about her new beau.

I haven't watched this show for several years, but I didn't recognize anyone, but it might be because they were all dressed like circus clowns. Did the local branch of the KKK volunteer to do their clothes and makeup, because that's the only explanation I have for them all looking so bad. 

• LOL 1
On 9/11/2022 at 10:36 PM, lyric said:

I know Andy’s working hard to redeem Marlo, but I wish they’d reassign her peach - I know she’s had a rough childhood, but she’s just mean and dull - not much fun to watch IMO.

Quite frankly, I didn't believe Marlo's tales of woe. Maybe she was abused as a child, but I found it hard to believe she ran away from home when she was ten years old and joined an orphanage and that she was in multiple perfect foster homes but had to leave for various reasons that weren't her fault. Yeah, sure, the one was unable to give her bio-daughter enough love and attention after you showed up and the other didn't want you for no reason whatsoever! @@

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Yeah, sure, the one was unable to give her bio-daughter enough love and attention after you showed up and the other didn't want you for no reason whatsoever!

I agree. A foster mother would evaluate her actions and make appropriate changes to her interactions with both girls. In the other situation, Marlo said she was moved because she was telling people the foster mother was was too strict and the foster mother was concerned about her reputation. Moving Marlo wouldn't help; she could still say that. But, really, saying a foster parent is too strict would result in the case manager, which Marlo said she had, talking to the parent and child about the situation.

• Love 2

This never got picked up/recorded by my tivo - when episode 2 of the reunion popped up I thought - wait - did I watch #1? Then I got a look at what they were wearing and knew I would have remembered THAT.

So maybe that (partially) accounts for the low engagement here. 

• LOL 3
On 9/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, kassa said:

This never got picked up/recorded by my tivo - when episode 2 of the reunion popped up I thought - wait - did I watch #1? Then I got a look at what they were wearing and knew I would have remembered THAT.

So maybe that (partially) accounts for the low engagement here. 

Same here. I knew it would be in reruns, so I had to manually schedule a recording.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:44 AM, StevieRocks said:

The ONLY thing remotely interesting, (and I use that word very loosely), about MarHO, was watching how embarrassingly low she would go to scrounge for a peach. It never occurred to me that she would actually get one. And your "nephews," whom you so carelessly discarded like an old McDonald's bag, are not "lucky" to be living in your stupid house. They'd be much better off with a caregiver in a modest home who would never dream of kicking them out. You took them in as a fame-whoring stunt and showed your real self in the end. If she keeps her peach, I won't be watching. As a teacher of young people, I can tell you that they do not need to be around old, ignorant, illiterate fame-whores who say the vilest things and still sound like a hateful middle schooler who is out of her depth. Telling people their breath stinks--when you're a nasty old heifer pushing 60.

This took me to church. 

A franchise based around Marlo is dead.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2