Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Fiercely Real Forum

For all of us who aren't size 2.  This is a forum wherein you can discuss whatever you like that doesn't really fall under the category of the show.  Introduce yourselves, plan parties, tell us what you had for dinner, your choice.  But any direct discussion of the show has to go under one of the show threads.  Just FYI.

Ready, set, go!

• Love 1

I'm so glad this is here!  For a minute I thought that I would have to join that crappy RTV Games forum where you have to wade through forty GIFs just to find out that someone posted "LOL" on the boards.  You guys complete me.  Well, you guys and Zob...

• Love 5

Oh wow what a magical place! It inexplicably smells like blood oranges too. I rarely watch ANTM these days but reading the forums on TWoP are like an ingrained part of my day and I am really happy I can come here now instead!

• Love 1

I hope that the name of this forum will allow most of my former TWoP forum Meet Market friends feel more comfortable with their fiercely-real realness.  We'll ask them when they're done eating that meal in between brunch and lunch.

• Love 1

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I've entered the Top Fitness Instructor contest on Live! with Kelly and Michael.  If I make it into the voting round (which really isn't that absurd), I'm counting on ANTM fans to help me win.  I wanna be on top!

I'll know next week.  Stay tuned.

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 5

Why does the show have to be on Monday night?

MasterChef and Hotel Hell are on at the same time.

ANTM used to be on Wednesday night, then it moved to Friday night. Friday night would be best because nothing else is on that I watch.

I was watching the RHONY reunion show where Aviva was discussing the moment when she lost her leg.  She mentioned that she was at a sleepover at her friend BECKY'S house when it happened.  This should come as no surprise to any of the old ANTM fans here from TWoP.  Becky is the Keyser Soze of reality shows.

I know, right?

• Love 1

Not sure where's best to put this...last season I could see online short videos of the photo shoots of eliminated-with-a-chance-to-get-back-in candidates (with the horrid BryanBoi, alas).  I would be interested in seeing the photo shoots of those competing to get back in, but I can't find them anywhere (except sites I fear might have future elimination spoilers, which I *don't* want, though with how downhill this show has gone, not sure why I care).  Anyway, if not seeing the photo shoots is the price I pay for also never seeing BryanBoi again, I relinquish them wholeheartedly.  But I thought I'd ask in case someone had found them.

I'm mad because with the new timeslot, this show will be airing at the same time as The Amazing Race.  Grrrr.

You see, these games networks play?  This is why I watch everything online....

• Love 1

And it seems like there's only one more episode after that, at least according to Wikipedia.  It can't be the finale already... isn't there still about 6 people left?

Boo to the clip show.  I never watch them.

There are three more shows after the clip show.  The last show is supposedly 4 Dec (according to a post by Lacey).  The epi descriptions are being posted in the anticipation thread.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I just want to note that my DVR/comcast refuses to retain series recording settings for this (though individually selected ones are fine).  Is it judging me and my taste in shows?

Yes.

• Love 3

******Hey folks!!! This is totally off-topic, but--- I'm trying to start a forum for Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid. It airs on Lifetime. I'm thinking some of you guys would be interested, too.

Please click on "Info," "Site business," then "New forum requests." We need some help coming up with cute, funny Topic Titles. Or, at least if we can get some "likes" maybe that would motivate the moderators to create the forum? Thanks!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Or, at least if we can get some "likes" maybe that would motivate the moderators to create the forum? Thanks!

Number of "likes" has nothing to do with when forums are created.  If you request a forum, and provide a few potential topics, the forum will be created the next time the admin is creating new forums.  Our admins, like the mods, are not here 24/7 and have other responsibilities on the site and IRL.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, NowVoyager said:

******Hey folks!!! This is totally off-topic, but--- I'm trying to start a forum for Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid. It airs on Lifetime. I'm thinking some of you guys would be interested, too.

Please click on "Info," "Site business," then "New forum requests." We need some help coming up with cute, funny Topic Titles. Or, at least if we can get some "likes" maybe that would motivate the moderators to create the forum? Thanks!

I started watching that too. I figured, at some point, the show might get its own forum. 

I just watched a marathon of ANTM seasons while home sick.  I never realized how narcissistic Tyra Banks is.  She made EVERYTHING about her.  Once one of the judges said something ridiculous about a contestants forehead and Tyra chimed in " my whole family calls me "X-head".  Really Tyra???  And watching back she really torpedoed any one with "IT" who could rival her.  Even though she rarely models today...

• LOL 2