Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Queen Of All Queens

• Start Topic

Started my day watching this. What a pleasant surprise!

Jinkx really stood head and shoulders above the other queens, so I am glad she won.  

And happy Raja won the $50K.  I thought she could have easily won 2 more stars and been in the winners half of the draw.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Started my day watching this. What a pleasant surprise!

Jinkx really stood head and shoulders above the other queens, so I am glad she won.  

And happy Raja won the $50K.  I thought she could have easily won 2 more stars and been in the winners half of the draw.

She dominated the thing. It felt like she actually earned that title 

• Love 8
(edited)

It went how it had to go. No matter which way we got there, I'm very happy with the outcome. I think winning the She Had Already Done Had Herses title was the equivalent to coming in second place in the main competition, and I am euphoric Raja got the crown and the prize. If that was Ru's plan all along, then that's great, although at this point I can't see the reason for last week's shenanigans that put Shea in the top group, pissed everyone off and made Shea look like an incompetent teacher's pet.

Since I loved this season so much, I hope in the future they'll do one with all the most iconic (and not necessarily winners) queens, even as a sort of "where are they now".

Edited by stormy weather
my 8-months-old daughter decided I was done writing this post and started banging on the computer mid-sentence.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, stormy weather said:

If that was Ru's plan all along, then that's great, although at this point I can't see the reason for last week's shenanigans that put Shea in the top group, pissed everyone off and made Shea look like an incompetent teacher's pet.

…unless the rumors are true that Shea threatened to quit halfway through because she thought production was favoring Jinkx.  It sure would be a nice little slice of revenge on production’s part to then turn around and cause a twist that made people view Shea as undeserving.  (And before anyone starts saying that the “game show rules” forbid that, remember that this isn’t a game show, it’s a reality competition and they can skew the results any way they want.). I don’t know that that’s what happened, but it exists as a possibility.

Jinkx walked into this having done the work.  She had two absolutely stellar Snatch Game characters, she is incredibly funny, she truly has a beautiful singing voice, and her runways were (mostly) well thought out and extremely elevated from her Season Five runways.  She is incredible and deserves the title of “Queen of All Queens”.  I couldn’t be happier with her win.

And I’m thrilled for Raja, too, for her “She Done Already Done Had Herses” prize.  She is so beautiful, and she really added to my enjoyment watching this season.

Finally, the lip syncs themselves.  Mostly, I thought there were some fair to good song choices in there.  They absolutely butchered “So What” with the way they cut it up, though, and the sweet, poppy nature of “Let’s Hear it for the Boy” seemed like an odd choice for Raja to perform, but that’s the luck of the draw.  “Swish Swish” was…awful.  I thought that was a double sashay performance, and I say this as someone who thinks Jinkx is beyond reproach on the main stage.  I didn’t like what she was wearing, either, to be honest.  It looked kinda…flat??  As much as she is beautiful and has looked incredible all season long (the gown she was wearing at the end of last week’s/beginning of this week’s episodes was absolutely gorgeous on her and would have made a wonderful look in which to be crowned!), I wasn’t all that impressed by her final look.  Who knows, though…maybe on rewatch I’ll like it better!  It was 3:15 a.m. and I was barely awake by the time the show was over here, and I couldn’t wait til this morning to watch.

Random musings…  
The Viv looked positively incredible in that colorful eye makeup.  She’s beautiful. 
I really wish the best for Yvie.  Such a young and creative queen, and she is losing so much. 
I was a bit annoyed when Jaida won in Season Twelve because I adore Crystal’s weirdness and she’s a local girl, (I knew Jaida deserved her win, honestly, but that “lovable weirdo” thing always speaks to me…see Jinkx Monsoon) but watching her throughout this All Winners season, I really thought she held her own very well.  And she’s as cute as a button!  I really do love her.
Dear Trinity…sweetheart, enough surgeries on your once-cute face, because you are veering dangerously close to Jocelyn Wildenstein territory.  Also, I know that her ass is her trademark, and her preferred LSFYL move is to writhe around on the stage, but it just doesn’t work with every song!!  “So What” is not a sexy tune, and as silly and stupid as Trinity can be, she could have done so much more.  She truly seems like an absolute sweetheart, though.  I wonder (I don’t keep up with her socials; I only follow a handful of queens) if she really is. 
Jinkx really worked that red coat/robe in the “Judas” lip sync.  Shea didn’t stand a chance after that…and what the hell was Shea  wearing?!  Did she figure she’d go “quirky” in the hopes of beating Jinkx at her own game?  To quote “Pretty Woman”, “Big mistake…HUGE!”, because Jinkx went sexy/glam and instead beat Shea at hers.

Great season!!  I’m going to miss these queens.  Well, mostly!  All hail the Queen of Queens, Jinkx Monsoon!!!

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Was Shea's outfit a tribute to Kennedy Davenport? Because it had the red floppy things and the crystals. Maybe she lost the lip sync because the session with Trey went badly...

I thought Monet won the lipsync but based on the performances all season was very happy to see Jinkx win.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ru did say based on lip sync performance and performance all season, so I think this is the right outcome.  Jinkx has always been my queen, but I also love Monet, Raja, Yvie and Jaida.  And it seemed right that Jinkx won.

The SDADHH could have gone to Raja or Yvie or Jaida and I would have been happy.

It will be interesting to see what the queens say online.  So far, just one retweet from Shea from someone who said she nailed her choreo against Jinkx.

No one else is even acknowledging the final.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Ru did say based on lip sync performance and performance all season, so I think this is the right outcome.  Jinkx has always been my queen, but I also love Monet, Raja, Yvie and Jaida.  And it seemed right that Jinkx won.

The SADHH could have gone to Raja or Yvie or Jaida and I would have been happy.

It will be interesting to see what the queens say online.  So far, just one retweet from Shea from someone who said she nailed her chores against Jinkx.

No one else is even acknowledging the final.

Trinity did 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

It seemed fitting that Jinkx beat Shea if the rumors were true that Shea was complaining about unfair bias. If Jinkx knew about those complaints that had to have felt good to shut her up. 

People on Twitter are complaining about the lip sync 'not meaning much' if Monet didn't win when just the week before they had the 3 star twist that ensured Monet made it to the finals and Jaida didn't, which made the legendary legend stars feel like some arbitrary thing, as well. So we all just need to face it - Ru is gonna do what Ru wants to do. For once, Ru did something I wanted her to!

And finally, my curse is broken. This is the first time in many many cycles that my favorite has won! I was yelling so loudly my cat came running to me for pets. 

• Love 9

I enjoyed this episode and my favorite queen won. The queens all looked beautiful in the first outfits they came out in, especially Jaida. I could have done without Ru’s weird clown song especially since the clowns didn’t look scary at all and Ru was so auto tuned he sounded like a robot.

• Love 4
(edited)

Bob the Drag Queen is unhappy.  He just tweeted, "Well we found out who f#$%ed Monet"

I wonder if this will affect his relationship with WOW--would he tap out from being on the next QoQ Allstars?

Alaska and Willam also said on their podcast that Monet would like a reunion that is not managed by WOW.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Mind Blown 1

Why I also love Yvie:

From Yvie: Yvus Christ (gODDly)

@OddlyYvie

SPOILER ALERT: Congratulations

@JinkxMonsoon

on being the best drag queen to ever drag on the race! And Congratulations to

@sutanamrull

on being the best queen to ever already done had herses!

• Love 13

Congrats to Jinkx and Raja and all the stunning queens for bringing it this season.  I started out the season with Jinkx and Raja as my favorites and every week I was amazed by all the talent everyone brought.  It was great seeing my favorites do so well in so many challenges and runways, but everyone was competing at such a level that it was nearly impossible to decide on a top two each week.  I'm overjoyed at the outcome and hope that ALL these gifted queens continue with their high level of excellence and success.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Bob has chimed in.. and although he is directing some shade with some tweets towards the show and NOT towards a Queen who had absolutely NO say in the slight they feel like was givin. Good lord tho I didn’t realize just how toxic the fandom does actually get 

• Love 3

I am curious if the "...and performances throughout the season" line was always going to be there or added in because Monet ate that lipsync. 

Just to clarify, I'm glad Jinkx won. And very happy for Raja. I liked when they asked her what she would do with 50k and she said get a sugar glider.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Bob has chimed in.. and although he is directing some shade with some tweets towards the show and NOT towards a Queen who had absolutely NO say in the slight they feel like was givin. Good lord tho I didn’t realize just how toxic the fandom does actually get 

Yes, Bob's disappointment is with RuPaul and not Jinkx.  Bob knows that RuPaul decided the winner.  As Trinity says, this isn't a game show, it is a reality show.

Bob's initial comment about who f*#%ed Monet has generated 200 responses, almost 600 retweets and almost 9K likes.

monsoon.jpeg

• Love 1

Beautiful ending, after that odd little detour last week. Hail Jinx! Hail Raja!

The one thing I am bummed about is that Yvie Oddly was the only queen to walk away without winning any money. Even the lousy 1.5K she won early on, was then lost on the spin of the wheel... Everyone else won at least 10K. This along with her illness and its increasing effects makes me sad.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 10

Yayyyy!!!! I'm so happy for Jinkx!  I thought Monet won the final lip sync but she would have needed to deliver a Sasha Velour-level lip sync in order to overshadow Jinkx's track record.  Does this make Jinkx the only two-time winner and undefeated queen on RPDR?

Also, I'm so happy for Raja.  While I think Raja's popularity played a role in her winning the $50k, I think this might have been in part a thank you to Raja for all of her contributions as an early season queen towards making the show (and Ru) successful.  One thing I like about Rupaul is she's usually appreciative of the early season queens.  While those seasons were not as popular as the current ones, the show definitely would not be where it is today without them.  And Raja definitely played a role is lifting up the show.

2 hours ago, violet and green said:

The one thing I am bummed about is that Yvie Oddly was the only queen to walk away without winning any money. Even the lousy 1.5K she won early on, was then lost on the spin of the wheel... Everyone else won at least 10K. This along with her illness and its increasing effects makes me sad.

I think the queens get a weekly stipend so she should have gotten some compensation (although an extra 10, 50 or 200K would make a substantial difference for Yvie or someone in a similar position).  Also, I think exposure is a big factor why queens continue to appear on this show and whatever shenanigans Ru has going on.  Yvie was previously a member of the Las Vegas Residency and corresponding Vh1 show.  I think this season Yvie showed that she doesn't need pull out all of her skills in order to be a great queen.  I think Yvie will get several opportunities after this show.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this season, and the season's novel format, but I'm just going to say it: I heart AS6 the most, with AS2 a close second. 

I liked this episode, but none of the lipsyncs were as enjoyable as even the worst ones on this week's episode of Canada's Drag Race. At least the concept of "Ruets" brought something new into a tired concept.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I thought Monet won the final lip sync but she would have needed to deliver a Sasha Velour-level lip sync in order to overshadow Jinkx's track record. 

Trinity really did win her lipsync, too. I knew that Jinkx would be the Big Winner once Monet won, as Production could edit a Jinkx/Monet lipsync to make it plausible that Jinkx could win that; it would have been much more difficult with another high energy performance from Trinity. Ru didn't even need the "based on the whole season" caveat with that final two.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wasn't expecting the lipsyncing to be couched inside the regular episode format to this extent with lots of filler including a Rupaul music video!   Jinx's runway was jaw-dropping 'Xena visits Arthurian England' realness and I lived for it.  Raja also looked amazing.  Ross' sequin jacket kept reflecting a disco beard onto his jawline that was kind of distracting.

I felt slightly uncomfortable with all of Calix' practice spins...  Jinx killed her lipsync against Shea with her witchy moves.  And, condragulations to Raja!  I'm so glad we were able to revisit her and see a gem from the early seasons get some recognition (alongside Sonique from last all-stars, of course.)  I also enjoyed getting to see Yvie (and her very 'Riddler from Batman Forever' green suit) and Jaida again.

Endless love to Jinx, our non-binary GodX; seeing them win tonight was such a balm, especially after so many disappointing endings we've gotten!  This might be my favorite season of all-stars ever!  I really do hope the star format becomes the norm, it's so much less divisive and fully highlights all of the queens rather than seeing the best of them voted off early.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 4

Bravo Jinkx and Raja!  I am so happy.  After last week I was preparing myself to be disappointed.  I feel like Jinkx has just dominated this season with outstanding performances, (I can watch that Snatch Game over & over) wonderful runways and fun talking head moments and deserved this win so much.  I loved her in her first season and to watch her perform with so much joy and confidence this time has been a treat.  And Raja!  Oh I am so happy for Raja.  It felt like we barely saw Raja in the beginning episodes and Raja was the reason I fell in love with RPDR in the first place.  

When I tweeted last night my happiness for Jinkx, a friend texted back that there was negativity on twitter re the win and I'm gathering that is because of a tweet by Bob the Drag Queen?  You know, it's okay to have favorites and be sad when your fave doesn't win but I was disappointed to see that.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I am curious if the "...and performances throughout the season" line was always going to be there or added in because Monet ate that lipsync. 

4 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Trinity really did win her lipsync, too. I knew that Jinkx would be the Big Winner once Monet won, as Production could edit a Jinkx/Monet lipsync to make it plausible that Jinkx could win that; it would have been much more difficult with another high energy performance from Trinity. Ru didn't even need the "based on the whole season" caveat with that final two.

I had these same thoughts while watching. Although I don’t think Monet necessarily won that last lip synch; I thought both performances were disappointingly flat. But I’m sure that by saying that the decision was based on the whole season, Ru was proactively mitigating complaints from Monet fans. I don’t think anyone could make a case that Monet’s season was better than Jinkx’s.

I also thought the Monet/ Trinity synch-off could have gone either way, and that Monet was picked because she was less likely to outshine Jinkx. I have no doubt Ru had decided the winner before the cameras even started rolling.

I am very pleased that Raja got herses, even though I’m disappointed for Yvie. I could tell Yvie was struggling this year, and as a result her moves are not quite what they used to be. This is not her fault, obviously, but it does make me sad. Still, the fact that she can keep laughing and maintain a positive attitude says everything about her. I suspect she was chosen to come in second in her competition because even though Raja had a stronger season and earned the win, Ru wanted to honor Yvie in some way. I love Yvie so much and hope many good things are coming her way.

Overall, I don’t think it really mattered who won and who didn’t (although I think everyone was more or less ranked appropriately). This season was not really about crowning a winner, it was about celebrating the legacy of this show, and these queens in particular. I would have done away with the whole “stars” distraction, but in general I loved the format, and the emphasis on inclusion over competition. Well done, Ru.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I had these same thoughts while watching. Although I don’t think Monet necessarily won that last lip synch; I thought both performances were disappointingly flat. But I’m sure that by saying that the decision was based on the whole season, Ru was proactively mitigating complaints from Monet fans. I don’t think anyone could make a case that Monet’s season was better than Jinkx’s.

According to the many, many angry posts on social media, this strategy did not work.  Monet's fans are up in arms that the Lip Sync Smackdown for the crown wasn't the deciding factor.  Monet and Bob did a live stream in which Monet stated that some of her best parts of that lip synch were edited out.  That isn't cool, but I think Jinkx dominated the season and am happy that she was recognized for it.  It's too bad such a warm and fuzzy season had to end this way...

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I am very pleased that Raja got herses, even though I’m disappointed for Yvie. I could tell Yvie was struggling this year, and as a result her moves are not quite what they used to be. This is not her fault, obviously, but it does make me sad. Still, the fact that she can keep laughing and maintain a positive attitude says everything about her. I suspect she was chosen to come in second in her competition because even though Raja had a stronger season and earned the win, Ru wanted to honor Yvie in some way. I love Yvie so much and hope many good things are coming her way.

Overall, I don’t think it really mattered who won and who didn’t (although I think everyone was more or less ranked appropriately). This season was not really about crowning a winner, it was about celebrating the legacy of this show, and these queens in particular. I would have done away with the whole “stars” distraction, but in general I loved the format, and the emphasis on inclusion over competition. Well done, Ru.

I found the attached on Yvie's IG stories this morning; if not appropriate, please delete.  But this makes me so sad.  She was so wonderful and delightful on AS7.  It was great to see her away from the Silky drama.  Solid Jinxx fan, but I wish Yvie had won a challenge or two.

IMG_6583 (2).JPG

• Sad 5

There's always displeasure in the fandom after a crowning. After S9 people complained bitterly that Shea's winning streak was set aside because of one lipsync, and now perhaps the same people are complaining that Jinx's winning streak wasn't set aside over one lipsync. 

That said I definitely feel for Yvie navigating through her chronic illness on-set and not getting much screen time.  That is a real issue.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christine said:

I found the attached on Yvie's IG stories this morning; if not appropriate, please delete.  But this makes me so sad.  She was so wonderful and delightful on AS7.  It was great to see her away from the Silky drama.  Solid Jinxx fan, but I wish Yvie had won a challenge or two.

IMG_6583 (2).JPG

I think it would really be helpful for a lot of queens to hit the "pause" button on their social medial accounts for about three months after a season airs, as time and distance usually helps people to attain a better perspective on things. I'm sure that some awful people have said those terrible things about Yvie's performances, but the season simply doesn't provide support for those opinions. I hope that she realizes that, in time.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow. I feel really bad for Yvie. One thing I think that can be concluded about this season (and I say this as someone who really enjoyed it) is that there really is a lot to be blamed on the edit. The Viv, Shea, Monet, Trinity, and Yvie have all said something. I think I may have been too hard on Viv bc of all the sour faces she made...if more than half the cast says something is true, it's more than likely true. 

I really enjoyed having such a positive season but not at the cost of someone who was struggling a lot being reduced to a happy "big dick mascot".

(BTW, obviously none of this is Jinkx’s fault. I am not meaning to denigrate her in any way).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

Not touching on any drama or anything, but watching the ep now. One thing I like about Jinkx's first LipSync is that she kept her robe on through it. 

Too often we'll see the Queens come out with a robe and do a flashy reveal and throw it away to reveal their tighter costume. (like Shea did). Jinkx kept that red robe (or whatever you want to call it) on throughout and IMO the added swirlage she could do with it made the Lip Sync more distinctive.

As for the final song, I found it disappointing, rather low energy. But I guess partly it's because I'm not familiar with it either (after my generation basically and not my style). 

3 hours ago, Christine said:

IMG_6583 (2).JPG

Wow.  This is just really sad.  I am disappointed that Yvie  didn't leave with any prize money and now hearing that the experience was gruesome, as well, is heartbreaking.  I hope that Yvie knows what an impression she made on all of us with her art and creative drag.  I was amazed at so many of her runways and challenges.  I wish she could know all the love and admiration the viewers have for her and this competition has only increased it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So this kind of confused me so they shoot multiple endings to this thing to? And neither girl knew till it streamed who actually won? That’s crazy I guess the fan vote does actually come into play 

This just melts my heart.  They have the most wonderful friendship, they really do.  They’re so cute.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This was posted in the Reddit sub by TargetHot9314.  It shows the breakdown of the prize money for All Stars 7.

91a5qs1s3ne91.jpg.webp

This, though, is some serious BS.  I don’t even care for Monet, but for her to come in second and have made less money than Viv, Shea, or Raja is crazy.  And poor Yvie, not a nickel, and then the emotional toll it took on her, too.  I hope Yvie knows that for many…if not most…of us, she’s not just some happy, big dicked buffoon.  She frequently seemed to me to be using that laughter to cover her real feelings, and I feel for her.  I hope she’s okay.

Unrelated to any of that, but am I sincerely the only one who doesn’t care for Trinity’s lip syncs?  Everyone is always saying she mopped the floor with her competition, but for me, she is always the same…a couple of silly faces and a whole lot of sex.  I love Trinity, but her lip syncs don’t interest me.  I also didn’t feel like Monet clearly won the lip sync over Jinkx.  I didn’t think either of them did that great, for such a huge prize…and I say that as a Jinkx fan from “You know, I can hear the cackling from down the street.”

• Like 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So this kind of confused me so they shoot multiple endings to this thing to? And neither girl knew till it streamed who actually won? That’s crazy I guess the fan vote does actually come into play 

Apparently yes, they shoot multiple endings where they crown all the top queens (in this case only Jinkx and Monet), or at least that's what I had heard from previous seasons, so the queens find out who won at the same time we do. I guess it's the safest way to avoid spoilers!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So this kind of confused me so they shoot multiple endings to this thing to? And neither girl knew till it streamed who actually won?

My understanding is they always do this, regular season, all-stars season, all of 'em. Including ties. Monet and Trinity's twinner season had all possible endings filmed too.

5 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

Unrelated to any of that, but am I sincerely the only one who doesn’t care for Trinity’s lip syncs?  Everyone is always saying she mopped the floor with her competition, but for me, she is always the same…a couple of silly faces and a whole lot of sex. 

I've always found her lip syncs really boring and redundant. It's like she has one routine and she slices and dices it differently, but otherwise does it over and over. That said, in her previous seasons I actively disliked Trinity. This season, I enjoyed her. I was surprised. She's funny and seems like a pleasant enough person. Her lip syncs aren't my cup of tea, but otherwise she's delightful.

Speaking of, I was surprised when I heard...whoever it was...complimenting Shea's choreo. Maybe the edit was weird, but every bit of hers I saw, sure the choreo was crisp, but it was boring as hell. To my eye I she had zero chance. I guess it goes with the "never airing negative feedback" theme of the season. Everyone must be praised. Some people just praised more.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This had me in tears! Their love and friendship is truly radiating.  And yes, so happy for Jink! 

• Love 2