Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Drama in the Sandbox

• Start Topic

Sara and Caroline Brooks turn the desert party upside down when tempers flare over unsolicited advice; Caroline Stanbury and Sergio tie the knot at their magical wedding; a visit from Brooks' mother unearths some skeletons that she's forced to face.

Airing Wednesday, July 27, 2022.

(edited)

Omg, no one is watching this show 😬 I just started the replay and popped in to see what everyone’s thoughts are. All I can say is that it’s very telling that the majority of this cast bailed on the wedding. 

And Sergio is a moron who needs to go back to high school and get a basic biology education. Dumbass.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
Sergio is a moron
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Also, dear lord, Stanbury’s shoes got worse…what the hell were those red monstrosities? If she ever tried to sit like a normal person (or *not* on Sergio’s lap wtf), she’d look like she was on a squatty potty. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I only watched part of Caroline and Sergio’s wedding. Half the cast didn’t show up. I think that’s why this show has failed, none of these women are really friends. And agree that Sergio is dumber than a box of rocks! 

• Love 14

Did I catch Stanbury say something like "I didn't want this to happen" or "I didn't want to be here"... something to that effect when she was asked to speak at the wedding? Now, she could have been referring to the speech itself, but I thought it was pretty telling.

Not only did half the cast bail on attending the wedding, but one of them left before the reception because her shoes were cutting her foot. (Listen, many of us have been there, but I thought it was hilarious. "Yeah no, I'm done. Uh, my shoes?")

It appears from the previews for next week that Brooks didn't listen to her mama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I love that Ayan had no love for Juliette. I'm sad we didn't get a Caroline Fleming appearance. 

Am I crazy or is Brooks blowing this whole thing with Sara out of proportion? I don't think what Sara said warrants the reaction that Brooks is giving to it. But I don't have kids so maybe I'm just seeing it differently. 

I loved Nina's dress when she and her husband where at the penthouse. So casual and pretty.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I love that Ayan had no love for Juliette. I'm sad we didn't get a Caroline Fleming appearance. 

Am I crazy or is Brooks blowing this whole thing with Sara out of proportion? I don't think what Sara said warrants the reaction that Brooks is giving to it. But I don't have kids so maybe I'm just seeing it differently. 

I loved Nina's dress when she and her husband where at the penthouse. So casual and pretty.

Brooks went overboard with her reaction but on some level, I get it. I have kids and if someone criticized my parenting for an international audience to see, I’d have a reaction too, I’m sure.

Another thought about the “wedding”- they were already married, they had a whole island getaway (not a courthouse quickie). That, along with Caroline’s ‘whatever’ attitude about that, made me wonder why should we even care? It just looked like an overblown weekend celebration for people to play dress up.

Also, what was with her “I don’t know how to dance” awkwardness on the dance floor. Did they not plan for/expect a first dance?

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I for one was disappointed in Stanbury's wedding dresses.  Why did she want everyone to wear pseudo wedding dresses to her rehearsal party then single one person out for wearing a white lace bathing suit/dress with a cape, it was a black woman who is a foot taller than Stanbury but decide that she, (Ayan), was trying to look like her or trying to be the bride, every woman was wearing a white dress...the bride should have worn a different color.

When that couple, (I cannot remember names), went to their new three story condo that is being renovated production showed before photos and it looked like it was done and move in ready but then we saw bare cement walls and ceilings that are ripped apart...it got confusing, what happened?

Sergio looks dull.

Ayan's fashion show looks, no thank you.  That designer looks like a spoof of himself. Son of Ayan got in on the cat walk too, okay whatever.

I casually watch this show, I have not learned most of the cast's names and may not ever.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

I want to like Ayan, but she's too over the top, even by HWs standards. It's like they're all try to have a moment, whereas she seems to be trying to be the moment. Like, dial it down a few notches.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Stanbury (or what ever she's going to allow herself to be called now) looked really happy at her wedding. All smiles and we don't get to see that very often. 

Stanbury's friend Julianne from the now defunct Ladies of London show was there. I didn't know they were such good friends. She is still so annoying and thirsty for camera time. 

51 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sergio looks dull.

yes but Sergio is a sexy looking guy. Perfect for a 25 yr old girl. 

• Love 6

I’m hoping this baby thing is just a storyline for Stanbury.  It sounds like another pregnancy could be quite dangerous, if she has had pre-eclampsia with both her other pregnancies.

She (Stanbury) did keep digging the knife into Ayan’s back about the dress over and over, didn’t she?  Big deal.  Yawn.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Bravo recently  reran the first season of Ladies of London (2014), a show I didn’t watch the first time around. I really liked it, too bad it was cancelled. Caroline was better understood on that show, she actually was friends with the other women, had her own business and had a society life. More interesting than seeing her just laying around in bed with Sergio and the dogs like she does on this Dubai show. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Bravo recently  reran the first season of Ladies of London (2014), a show I didn’t watch the first time around. I really liked it, too bad it was cancelled. Caroline was better understood on that show, she actually was friends with the other women, had her own business and had a society life. More interesting than seeing her just laying around in bed with Sergio and the dogs like she does on this Dubai show. 

Oh I’m upset I missed that, I never watched LOL but was curious.  Maybe I’ll watch it on peacock.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm a little disappointed by Lesa's talking heads this week.  I really liked her, but she's being very shady and not very nice.  Maybe they were told to pick up the drama for ratings.

Ayan is completely OTT with her fashions, but she does bring the comedy!

This is the second time Sergio has said something completely ignorant about IVF and pregnancy.  He really is a Himbo.

• Love 8
On 7/28/2022 at 9:35 PM, Straycat80 said:

I think the divorce knocked her for a loop.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, MaggieG said:

Yes! Juliette is so annoying! I watched some episodes of LoL but I can't remember much about it, or what Juliette did, but I had a bad reaction just seeing her face.

I  don't have kids myself, so it's really not for me to speak. But the advice Sara was giving was good advice in my opinion, and if you have such a bad reaction to good advice, you could ask yourself 'why am I having such a bad reaction?'. You might learn something about yourself. I know we get defensive very easily, but once things calm down, we might see if there's something good we could take away from the advice.

I read what I wrote above and I swear I mean well! But I sound like a pompous ass 😒😅  Cancel me, please.

I've started to like Ayan! And I always look forward to seeing what she's wearing. She's growing on me. All the others annoy me, some more than others. 

I don't know if Sergio is really that stupid, or if he's playing stupid. But hey, if he wants someone else to carry the baby from half way through to full term, why doesn't he offer to carry it himself 😒😒

Best line (which is from next week's episode): "Brooooooks is comiiiiiingg"  😅

Edited by Glama
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 7/28/2022 at 9:35 PM, Straycat80 said:

So, how did she end up in Dubai if her London life was so great?

7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Her then-husband was offered a job, or saw some opportunity in Dubai, whichever likely a lucrative one, so they moved there.

Yes, and she was recently on WWHL and said she loved living in Dubai and her life is better there than it was in London and she did not miss London at all. 

• Love 2

Sergio is...what's the word? A MORON. Procreation with these two would not be good for our society.  Ok, Brooks is delusional - she's overreacting because she clearly has childhood issues. 

I want to like this show, I really do, but it's getting harder by the epi. They've managed to put me off of Dubai. I'd rather go to Dallas, and I really can't stand those women. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Caroline Stanbury has to stay in Dubai if her ex husband is still there (he is). They have a custody arrangement and I'm sure she cannot leave with the kids. That's probably why Sergio is still there- because of her. They might move when the kids are over 18.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I haven’t given in to watching this franchise yet, but I listened to some of the WWCL podcast of this episode. Paraphrasing: They mock Stanbury for claiming, “We’ve been going through a lot,” as an excuse for some behavior (?). They respond, “Going through a lot? What have you and Sergio been going through? Okay, Sergio’s been going through puberty, but what else?”

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2022 at 7:46 AM, Straycat80 said:

Yes, and she was recently on WWHL and said she loved living in Dubai and her life is better there than it was in London and she did not miss London at all. 

I can’t say that I blame Caroline for not missing her London lifestyle—I remember back when she was on “Ladies of London” and she didn’t actually live in the heart of London, but way off in a huge estate in Surrey(nearly an hour outside of London). Surrey’s lovely but not nearly as bustling and exciting as London, plus with a lifetime of typically dreary, rainy UK weather I can see why Caroline was so ready to move somewhere completely different and more cosmopolitan like Dubai.

Her kids seem much happier in Dubai too, and it’s interesting how Caroline so easily moved on from her boring Middle Eastern husband to a shinier newer Dubai boy-toy((although I really hope for her sake he’s not nearly as dumb in real life as he appears on this show)). 

On the flip side, she seems far less self-assured and amusingly snooty like she did on LoL. Either she’s mellowed with age or she’s out of her former element, but I do miss her sharp-tongued boss bitch schtick she served up so effortlessly on LoL versus her current mellow yet guarded vibe on Dubai. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

I think Caroline Stanbury is insufferable. Can't imeagine spending more than 5 minutes in her company. But frankly this entire show is insufferable. It needs to be a one and done. I have only caught a few glimpses here and there but boy is this a dud. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I know a lot of people find this show boring, but I actually find it a cut above Miami, which put me to sleep. If nothing else, it's in a completely different part of the world that I'll likely never visit.

Caroline's wedding dress (walking down the aisle) was so tacky - it would have been lovely had it been lined. I have no idea why people think a completely sheer skirt is attractive - it's not flattering. I don't care how great your legs are, it just looks desperate and unfinished. Her reception dress was nice. And yep, Sergio is even more of a himbo than I initially thought. The wedding was incredibly awkward. I noticed both sets of parents were emotional, but probably not out of happiness over the union.

I can understand why Nina was pissed at her husband - I would have been furious if my partner decided to completely renovate a home I was ready to move into without telling me.

Brooks is ridiculous. Her Mom seemed very reasonable.

I cannot believe I'm actually on team Chanel Eyan (for now). Her pink dress at the brunch was fab. Beside that outfit I honestly think the best she's looked on the series, was the episode when she was on the date night with her husband and describing how they met. Instead of OTT coture, she was wearing a pretty floral dress and scarf, and looked relaxed and human.

• Love 7