Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Dance Like A Drag Queen

• Start Topic

(edited)

These runways have been fantastic. Jinkx and Jaida really turned it.

The choice of the Peanut Butter song alone was brilliant. Then Jinkx sprinkled her fairy dust and it just took off! She's too good.

I loved the way everyone reacted to everyone's videos. Raja jumped in with a "yes" before Shea even started her dance.

And the spoken word lip sync battle was really fun. The moment I heard Ru say "Designing Women", I knew it was the lights went out in Georgia bit.

The fight amongst the rest of the queens to get that third star is going to be intense. The Vivienne seems like she's thisclose to stabbing someone to get the win as it is. She needs to take a tip from her fellow Liverpudlians and "Relax... don't do it".

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

Jinkx's runway reveal looks were AMAZING, best  I've ever seen on the show, and to match every famous art piece with a dress style from the same period was genius. I adore her and everyone else on the show seem to feel the same way, so I don't want to jinx it (I know, I know) but I'm faaaairly sure victory shall be hers. 

Didn't care much for Monet's video or runway, but it was pretty predictable she was going to win tonight otherwise she and Shea would be out of the picture already. I think Jaida and Jinkx should have been top two this week, Jaida's seasons concept for the reveals was great and I loved her video, too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I loved the way everyone reacted to everyone's videos. Raja jumped in with a "yes" before Shea even started her dance.

It's a prime example of the generally collaborative nature of the season; everyone seems keen to jump on the "let's put on a show!" bandwagon instead of slinking down Cutthroat Alley, as amusing as that has been in the past. And Trinity volunteered to make Jinkx an outfit again! I have the feeling that she really wanted to do it, too.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jinx absolutely nailed the challenge; she was hilarious and engaging throughout, while some of the other queens video's couldn't even hold my attention for 90 seconds.  Jinx' was brilliant on the runway too; Yvie and Trinity were disappointing because they just didn't have enough reveals/transformations; Yvie needed to sprout wings out of her back, and Trinity's just lacked complexity.  It seemed obvious Monet was getting a star, but I would have gone for Jaida; her four seasons were out of this world and her dance was funnier, more memorable than Monet's.  I'm sad now that Raja will only have 1 more chance to earn a third star for the finale; though I wasn't very into her dance, her looks tonight were amazing. 

Edited by Glade
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I liked Monet's original idea of the ex exchange at the club for her dance video but I agree that it would have been bad politics not to take Ru's advice. I was happy with her as a co-winner though not 100% sure she did a better job than Jinkx at the Designing Women speech (which no pun intended seemed designed for Jinkx so the results were interesting). I'm glad she was the one to get the block powers bc I'm not 100% sure Jinkx wouldn't have blocked Viv again and (sorry Viv) I didn't want to deal with her sour grapes. 

Jinkx was amazing. Everyone else seemed solidly middle of the pack at the challenge. I felt Jaida and Jinkx had the best runways. 

Not a great episode but better than last week. I'm super psyched for the 

Spoiler

talent show 

that is coming up soon, possibly next...I forget. If spoilers are accurate, 

Spoiler

Monet sings opera and wins three stars which bumps her to the top. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

The Vivienne Honestly at this point needs to get over the block for real. She is literally the only one really harping on it and it’s starting to get annoying.. ok Jinkxx blocked you we know you said it 3 times every episode since it happened for the love of God 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I

Not a great episode but better than last week. I'm super psyched for the 

Reveal spoiler

talent show 

that is coming up soon, possibly next...I forget. If spoilers are accurate, 

Reveal spoiler

Monet sings opera and wins three stars which bumps her to the top. 

The next episode is the Roast there has to be some twist coming 

Edited by Keywestclubkid

I was happy with Monet getting the win. Her dance was really fun. Her runway was thematically unique and made a statement. Her lip sync had a bit of extra charisma that Jinkx's didn't (IMO). 

Then again I've been listening to Monet and Bob's podcast for a year so I am probably a little biased. 

• Love 1
(edited)

With 2 challenges to go before the final I am loving: Jinkx, Raja, Jaida.  At this point I'd like to see all three in the finals with Yvie.  But Yvie won't make it.  Some handwaving will pull in Monet or Shea.  I am expecting Monet as Shea really has been meh.  So has the Vivienne.

Trinity would be okay.

Jinkx for the win!

I've heard that Shea and Monet thought that Jinkx was favored in judging and Shea even threatened to quit as she felt overlooked.  If anyone has a legitimate complaint, I think it was Raja early on.  But I do not think Jinkx has been favored.  And certainly, Shea has not been a regular top performer.

And adding I love Sibling Rivalry too.  I also love Jinkx' I'm 40% Podcast.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 2

Jinkx was fabulous. She’s so extraordinarily talented. The art gowns were divine.

Not getting Monet’s allure. If she wins, I’ll be sour.

I must be the only one who is not a Designing Women fan, so much speechifying on that show, so a lip sync seemed perfect.

• Love 1

When I heard Designing Women, I said, Jinkx has this one hands down. But Monet dominated that lip sync. It seemed to me that Jinkx threw it so she didn't have to block someone. That being said, Monet was ON POINT. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, laprin said:

Jinx deserved to be in the top, but the judges are sleeping on Trinity. She and Jaida were better than Monet. 

Trinity's runway did her in. It was way too simple. Pull something off. Pull something else off. Everyone else really transformed. Trinity didn't. So even though I think her video was better, cumulatively she wasn't tops this time.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I've heard that Shea and Monet thought that Jinkx was favored in judging and Shea even threatened to quit as she felt overlooked.  If anyone has a legitimate complaint, I think it was Raja early on.  But I do not think Jinkx has been favored.  And certainly, Shea has not been a regular top performer.

Shea threatening to quit wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

She came across so well on season nine. But on All Stars 5, she was entitled as hell, and acted like the crown was owed to her. (And then after she won, she threw a maskless party, and went berserk when people dared to criticize her - to the point of threatening to strangle someone "with her royal hands.")

I thought she was taking it surprisingly well being at the bottom of the pack. And maybe she did - or maybe it was just editing.

Anyway, I think Jinkx has deserved every single star she's gotten. And maybe even one more for the acting challenge last week!

• Love 5

I am loving no eliminations, but I'm guessing they told the queens beforehand that there would be no negative critiques, and that's making the all-praise judging and deliberations a bit hard to endure. I don't see favoritism, as most of the top queens deserved it, but I do see some buoying of the queens who are not really standing out as much and getting behind. 

• Love 3

So I'm assuming Ru wanted Monet to win another legend star so that's why she literally gave Monet the concept and dance she wanted to see and give the win to. Ok Ru. No such love for Shea tho? (Side eye)

ITA with Jinkx's runway being so fantastic! For me she and Jaida were tops on the runway. I liked Yvie's too even tho she had that reveal malfunction. 

That lip sync was insane in the best way. LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Clearly the point of this episode was to get Monet a star. All of the critiques and talking heads and comments about and by Monet were all telling the story but the plot didn't hold together that well. Monet still continues to underwhelm. She frankly plays the same character over and over. 

I really don't find Yvie all that odd. I mean, she certainly talks about how WEIRD she is but I find many of the other queens' quirks to be much more enticing on a people-watching level than Yvie's. I guess if you have to talk about how "ODD" you are you probably aren't as odd as you think, or you are just resting on your odd-laurels, such as they are. 

Strategy-wise, at this point I think it's best for the winner to block a queen with the same number of LL Stars. 

• Love 3

I agree that Jinkx's runway was amazing but I did not like her video.  Just my opinion though and have no problem with her being in the top 2.  I'm just not a Jinkx fan.  I also knew the minute that Monet pulled out the statement dress that she would be in the top 2.  I thought Jaida's runway outfits were spectacular (but then again they've all been pretty extraordinary this entire season).

One of the best monologues in the world!  Julie Sugarbaker was a force of nature and it was perfect for the lip sync.

Wow!  This show just gets better and better!  I loved the runway reveals.  Each queen had something beautiful, unique and special about their pieces.  I was in awe of most of them, though I favored Jinkx because of the beautiful art references.  

I would love to know how the viral videos were received by the general public on social media.  It would be interesting to see what kind of engagement each queen received after several months.  

• Love 1