Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

The tarp is still up. Alyssa said, Please, if you are listening, take the tarp down and spray for ants.

What I don't get is if the tarp is up, how do they have shadows? Unless it's translucent, or there is a gap between the tarp and the walls of the backyard.

I'm at the point in the game where I'm totally zen about what happens in the coming weeks because I either don't like the people left (Kyle, Turner) or think they're shitty players (Taylor, Turner) or are just filler to me (Brittany, Turner). So I'm just in it for maximum chaos. There's no one I want to win but they can't all lose so that sucks for me.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

The tarp is still up. Alyssa said, Please, if you are listening, take the tarp down and spray for ants.

What I don't get is if the tarp is up, how do they have shadows? Unless it's translucent, or there is a gap between the tarp and the walls of the backyard.

By shadows I mean there is a big patch of sunlight on the turf, then shade. By the way, get out your mats! Joe and Terrance are doing yoga.

I haven't seen Kyle or Turner yet.

1 hour ago, thestorm said:

They are going by the exit interview they had with Indy - to get a feel of where a juror's head is at.  Indy blasted Kyle and Brittany for being horrible to her.  And she felt Taylor and Monte are playing the best game.

Derrick said he under estimated Taylor.  He said it's telling that she still had support from the person whom she evicted under her HOH.

Yes I know Indy said that in exit interviews. I still find it weird based on that you think the jury will be bitter with Michael which you have posted multiple times. 

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm at the point in the game where I'm totally zen about what happens in the coming weeks because I either don't like the people left (Kyle, Turner) or think they're shitty players (Taylor, Turner) or are just filler to me (Brittany, Turner). So I'm just in it for maximum chaos. There's no one I want to win but they can't all lose so that sucks for me.

I'm rooting for Taylor because it would be a great arc and it would piss of Daniel, Nicole and Paloma yes I'm petty which is funny because I didn't start liking Taylor until recently. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, thestorm said:

That's what I was saying - it's too dumb to claim there will be no bitter jury - when there has only been 1 jury member.

Indy said she is anti Brittany and Kyle.  She said her favorites are Taylor and Monte.

No my point was it's too early to claim definitively there will be a bitter jury. Still a lot of game to be played. Anyway, you've been fixated on this idea that the jury will be bitter towards Michael or Kyle for a long time and I'm not sure why you're so absolutely certain it will be so. So we'll just agree to disagree on this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Now Joseph is making a lot of promises. He seems kind of hoarse. Terrance says after Joseph talks to Turner, he will talk to Turner. He says he can't process any of this until he talks to Turner.

I'm glad Joseph waited to pitch to Terrence.  I think that is a good strategy.  Keeps Kyle from scrambling.  Make Kyle think Joseph has accept the inevitable death of his game.  But let's see if he has any of the Dan Mist.  I'm thinking not.   

• Like 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Indy isn't going to be bitter. She's fine. 

I’ve been married for over 3 decades, and if a woman tells you she is “fine” - using THAT word specifically - you can bet your sweet bippy that of all possible options, “fine” is the one thing she AIN’T.

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Turner is crazy for going along with this, but I guess anything to keep sliding on by. I can't believe this guy runs a small business, given that he doesn't seem like a big planner. It all just falls into his lap.

I was going to say perhaps Turner is pretending he's going along with it, but from what I've read he has not tried to persuade Terrance to vote to keep Joseph. So I guess he is.

Depends; I’d be more interested in whether or not Turner is making any significant attempts at a heart-to-heart with Alyssa, rather than Terrance….

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Hmmm...  I think, if Joseph goes, I'm rooting for Taylor to win HOH.  I think a Taylor win is the best hope we have for Turner spilling the deets to the rest of the LOs about Kyle's treachery; and Taylor would give zero shits about putting Kyle & Alyssa both on the block, with Terrance as the replacement nom if one of the original noms wins veto.

• Love 5

I would prefer Monte because he’s a better strategic thinker than Taylor and less influenced by Michael. But I’m down for Taylor, too. Brittany would hopefully at least not nom Taylor so she’s OK but not ideal. Turner could actually be fun and interesting just because it’s not clear what he’d do but I don’t trust him to not go after the people I like lol. Kyle or Alyssa winning would likely ruin the season for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Depends; I’d be more interested in whether or not Turner is making any significant attempts at a heart-to-heart with Alyssa, rather than Terrance….

To expand on my previous post:

• For starters, you can just forget about anything Terrance says/does between now and the eviction vote; all Terrance’s “I got you”s notwithstanding, if Terrance has to break a tie vote then Joseph will be walking out the FD.
  • Current appearances are Turner will VTE Kyle and Alyssa will VTE Joseph - everybody in and out of the House assumes Alyssa will Stand By Her Man - leaving Terrance to adjudicate the split vote.

But what possibility is there for Turner to flip Alyssa’s vote?

Yeah, yeah, we all know Alyssa is so far up Kyle’s ass she’s asking for extra salt on his breakfast eggs - but she signed up to try to win $750K same as everyone else, and the most significant target currently existing on Alyssa’s back is her showmance with Kyle.  Making a creditable flip case to Alyssa wouldn’t be that difficult:

1. Eliminating Kyle would eradicate her showmance target potential immediately.
  2. It would clearly portray Alyssa as a strong independent player, which could increase her game-attractiveness as someone seen worthy of working with by other HGs.
  3. Alyssa eliminating her own showmance partner would definitely be a BGM, and would pad her game resume significantly.
  4. Much as Alyssa luuuuvs Kyle (all ten seconds of him, anyway), only one can win - and a $750K check in Alyssa’s pocket would probably eliminate a LOT of Kyle’s reticence for a postgame relationship, for a while at least.
  5. If Alyssa were to land in the JH herself in the future - a future guaranteed for all remaining players save two - wouldn’t it cushion her fall greatly to have Kyle already there and waiting for her?  Not to mention their relationship could continue for the remainder of the season off-camera….  😉

Not likely, sure - but food for thought.

ETA: I just don’t know if Turner has enough Machiavelli in him to present such a case to Alyssa effectively.

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would prefer Monte because he’s a better strategic thinker than Taylor and less influenced by Michael. But I’m down for Taylor, too. Brittany would hopefully at least not nom Taylor so she’s OK but not ideal. Turner could actually be fun and interesting just because it’s not clear what he’d do but I don’t trust him to not go after the people I like lol. Kyle or Alyssa winning would likely ruin the season for me.

I think Taylor will win. I have grown to dislike her. She has gone from being bullied to becoming a subliminal snide bully herself. i am rooting for Terrance. It would be great if for the first time the "old man" who is usually evicted first... went on to win.

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

For me, I don't think there is as much incentive for Turner to rat out Kyle's treachery to the remaining LOs with a Monte or Brittany HOH as there is with a Taylor HOH.  He knows Taylor wanted Terrance out, so it would be easy to deflect all of the blame for Joseph going this week onto a) Terrance because b) Kyle ratted the LOs out to save Alyssa.  Beside that, I think Taylor will listen to Monte's strategic thinking/reasoning, especially if Turner spills the tea.  

I don't know what Brittany will do - Taylor is low-hanging fruit and would be an easy elimination, unfortunately, after the dust settles and everyone from both sides has a chance to digest what the hell went down this week.  And, frankly, if she is smart, she'll throw this HOH - she and Michael aren't going to want to show their hand quite yet - they know they have a tentative F4 with both Kyle/Alyssa and Taylor/Monte - they can float to whichever duo wins HOH this week.  

Agree entirely on your takes for Turner, Kyle and Alyssa.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Joseph is telling Terrance about Kyle's lies.

I think it’s a little too late for Joe this week. Maybe Terrance will turn on Kyle later but it ain’t happening before this eviction. 

I honestly don’t think game popularity ratings will have any negative impact on their careers unless they engage in future criminal activities. They can have their 15+ minutes now and then fade into insignificance, they’re not that important to make any impact. 

I expect the ratings for tonight and tomorrow will be a bit higher due to this week’s feed cuts. 

2 hours ago, Thalia said:

It is accepted wisdom that Taylor's HOH reign was a hot mess.  But the one thing she did well was handle Indy.  The faux outburst at Kyle following the veto ceremony convinced Indy that Taylor had wanted to save her and but Kyle made that impossible.   I'm not sure why Indy thinks Brittany also engineered her eviction.  

I think that, the day before or the day of Indy’s eviction, Joseph and Brittany went up to Indy and told her that they found out about some of her other alliances (Flyswatters, Girls Girls). Joseph smoothed things over with Indy later on, but Brittany never did. Why J and B did that, is beyond me.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I think that, the day before or the day of Indy’s eviction, Joseph and Brittany went up to Indy and told her that they found out about some of her other alliances (Flyswatters, Girls Girls). Joseph smoothed things over with Indy later on, but Brittany never did. Why J and B did that, is beyond me.

Right, if they’re going to pooch someone, they just need to do it on not give the leaving HG this intel. They think it’s jury mgmt that they’re softening the blow or something and it’s rubbish. Imagine seeing that on Survivor! 

21 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I think it’s a little too late for Joe this week. Maybe Terrance will turn on Kyle later but it ain’t happening before this eviction. 

I honestly don’t think game popularity ratings will have any negative impact on their careers unless they engage in future criminal activities. They can have their 15+ minutes now and then fade into insignificance, they’re not that important to make any impact. 

I expect the ratings for tonight and tomorrow will be a bit higher due to this week’s feed cuts. 

I agree for most contestants, but Kyle’s only income is from YouTube etc.   I am sure he went on the show to increase his followers...he treads a fine line.  Some guy last season went on Bachelor in Paradise to increase his followers and lost half of them due to how he went about things.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, blixie said:

Kay BB you royally screwed the twist now is the time to go that last step and pull the switcheroo vote.

IMHO at this point in the season that ship has already sailed; this twist is the equivalent of a DE, and playing off the DyreFest eviction as a faux vote would mess up Production’s schedule for the season.

• Like 1

It sounds like Joseph was being smart in biding his time before he started working on Terrance.  Terrance bends with the wind, so working him early means you have to keep working him lest someone else get at him in the meantime and bend him the other way.  Keeping on working him has the risk of burning him out on you, or getting him irritated with you.  There's a sweet spot between getting in too early and leaving it too late.  I am hoping that Joseph cagily strategized his timing and has picked the sweet spot.

Truthfully, I'm not all that invested in either Joseph or Kyle.  I just don't want Kyle to sail through on his inherent privilege and showmance sympathy.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I think what happened was Brittany went to Indy to rat out Joseph by telling Indy that Joseph told her about Indy’s other alliance (five swatters) and saying she felt betrayed by Indy and was voting her out; then Indy went to Joseph with that info so he tried to save himself with Indy by telling her that Brittany told him about girl’s girls.

3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I agree for most contestants, but Kyle’s only income is from YouTube etc.   I am sure he went on the show to increase his followers...he treads a fine line.

I think that depends on who his followers are, and who he's trying to attract.  His showmance alone is going to attract plenty of young Mormon girls who will sigh over his continuing love story or his tragic post-show breakup.  I'm not sure he's marketing himself to those who might care about him potentially being a racist.

6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well… if Kyle is trying to showcase himself to women who want children but hate the process of actually conceiving them, then marketing-wise he’s an evil fucking genius.

Omg, your statement had me thinking of Kyle mass producing kids, the 10s baby factory. Slogan: minimal involvement needed, fastest results.

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 11
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Omg, your statement had me thinking of Kyle mass producing kids, the 10s baby factory. Slogan: minimal involvement needed, fastest results.

MINIMIZE YOUR DISCOMFORT, MAXIMIZE YOUR RETURN!!!

(Kyle’s mom is going to need a new pillow soon….)

• LOL 8
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think what happened was Brittany went to Indy to rat out Joseph by telling Indy that Joseph told her about Indy’s other alliance (five swatters) and saying she felt betrayed by Indy and was voting her out; then Indy went to Joseph with that info so he tried to save himself with Indy by telling her that Brittany told him about girl’s girls.

I thought this one of the plans the Leftovers came up with so Brittany/Joseph wouldn't blindside Indy when they voted to evict her. I swear the Leftovers overthink way to much lol. 

There's some bad flash flooding in Mississippi. I hope Jasmine's family is OK. They live in a trailer. She was talking about how the house was foreclosed on so now they live in a trailer on their property. They still have the land.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

In order to justify to Indy them voting out Indy and not Terrance.

Also, Brittany's goodbye message to Indy came off as insincere IMO. She's all, I found out you're in the 5 swatters, I'm also in an alliance, love you bye! Indy didn't look impressed. Kyle came off like a little shit in his GBM. As he does.

As far as jury management, I have to think that blaming evictees for their own eviction rarely endears them to you. Especially if it's BS.

21 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

There's some bad flash flooding in Mississippi. I hope Jasmine's family is OK. They live in a trailer. She was talking about how the house was foreclosed on so now they live in a trailer on their property. They still have the land.

Is this a Mississippi thing?  I’ve never heard of a bank writing paper for a mortgage on a house which excludes the property on which the house sits - unless maybe there’s some overriding mineral rights claims involved, and that’s a big Maybe.

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Is this a Mississippi thing?  I’ve never heard of a bank writing paper for a mortgage on a house which excludes the property on which the house sits - unless maybe there’s some overriding mineral rights claims involved, and that’s a big Maybe.

I thought maybe it was land in the family that they built their house on. So there was a loan to pay for the house, but the land had no debt on it. Only thing is, could they get a mortgage without using land as collateral, or would just the house be enough collateral.

3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Michael and & Brittany reiterate that they are planning to ride the middle. They are not looking forward to telling Jasmine she is getting evicted tomorrow. 

Then don't tell her.

Now the sun is really bright outside. So the tarp is letting some light through. Alyssa and Kyle talking. Can hear someone talking in the distance. Kyle says Salt Lake is surrounded by mountains. (It is. You look down the street and there's a big mountain.) Kyle wonders how to spell Colorado. Then he wonders what word has "ra" pronounced as "rah."

Alyssa and Kyle figures it must be around 2:30 because the shadow is lined up with the porta potty.

Close up of duck and airplane floaties. Then we see Turner and Joseph talking - now we can hear them. I believe Joseph is pleading his case now.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Then don't tell her.

Exactly! Idk why they have to soften the blow by telling them and Brittany should know from Indy that it backfired. Besides who knows how much more annoying and pitiful Jasmine is going to be for the next 24h. Why put yourself through that?

Insiders are talking about downplaying luxuries and outsiders probably will overplay their hardships. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I thought maybe it was land in the family that they built their house on. So there was a loan to pay for the house, but the land had no debt on it. Only thing is, could they get a mortgage without using land as collateral, or would just the house be enough collateral.

Extremely doubtful IMHO, because foreclosure on a house without property would entail separating the house from the property and relocating it - and unless the house in question is a modular (and thus already somewhat amenable to moving), such a relocation would depreciate the everlovin’ hell out of that asset.  Which is why I’d question whether a sane bank would write such a mortgage in the first place.

8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Exactly! Idk why they have to soften the blow by telling them and Brittany should know from Indy that it backfired. Besides who knows how much more annoying and pitiful Jasmine is going to be for the next 24h. Why put yourself through that?

The stupidity done in the name of overthinking Jury management knows no bounds.  🙄

• Like 1

Now Joseph is pitching his case to Turner and giving a play by play of his conversation with Terrance. Plus he's making promises about going up on the block in place of Turner, etc.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Nashville said:
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Yeah, that story makes no sense for the reasons you stated. I'm gonna have to call BS. Shocking, I know!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Joseph is giving Kyle props on how he's played. Joseph says he couldn't have lied like Kyle. If he goes home he's a fool, but a happy fool, because he didn't go over his line. He said he's lied regarding the vote, but he won't plant a lie just to plant a lie. (He's burning Kyle with his complimentary words.)

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Jasmine has started packing 😱 Speaking of bags, do they really come in with only 1 duffel? There’s no way all their stuff fits in that and I’m a pretty good packer. 

• Like 1