Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Pretty sure that Monte is, too.  It's why they had that Founding Fathers deal with Michael.

That lasted 3 days & zero vote cycles?  These bros talk a big game, but will either really play it?  I’m probably wrong, we’ll see. 

Seeing Monte comp it out twice in a row now makes me wonder how much he has been holding back. I always found it strange that such a fit, athletic-looking person was so bad at all the challenges. I know he threw at least one early on, but maybe he has been throwing all along, assuming (correctly) that he wasn’t in danger, just so he could lay low and surprise everyone at the end.

I hope I’m wrong, because I don’t want to give Monte that much credit. Hell, I don’t want to give him any credit.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

I was just thinking whether Monte or Turner would vote for the other if they cut the other at F3. I think they'd respect the game move. However, thinking about it reminded me of how douchey Vanessa was to vote for Liz when Steve cut her at F3.

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I think Alyssa drops Brittany/Taylor and joins up with Monte/Turner, which...blech.

We are going to have a Monte/Turner/Alyssa final 3 aren't we?  Alyssa will be taken to the final 2. In that case I hope she wins. 

• Love 1

Michael's biggest mistake in retrospect was not getting Kyle out during his first HOH or his second HOH (not choosing him).

Taylor just asked if Michael is better than Dr. Will. Turner/Alyssa/Taylor don't know who he is. Taylor only knows who he is because of BB Reddit.

• Mind Blown 2

Michael's never made dumb moves, but he's made risky moves that didn't end up paying off. 

I think Michael's thought process wasn't wrong, I think he did think about various possibilities, but he chose the wrong path. But at the time, his thought processes has been right. Terrance, in the last week, WAS a bigger threat than Monte AND breaking his promise to Turner could have ended terribly for him. But I do think he underestimated Monte (to be fair, so did I) and he should have taken the shot at Turner, anyway.

But I do think the jury wouldn't have respected Michael if Turner walked in after, and Michael would have been the next out the door, most likely (Monte was still tied for second with Brittany, and who knows how Terrance would have done). And Monte would have likely still won the veto, so Michael was always likely to be gone. 

Still a shame, but understandable for him leaving. 

Monte winning HOH doesn't surprise me and I will NOT be surprised if/when the vote shifts to Taylor. So Taylor NEEDS to win veto.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have to accept that the endgame for BB will literally never go how I want it to lol.

I guess there's still hope that the winner won't be Monte or Turner but it's very faint.

I hope Monte does what he's saying right now and puts up Brittany/Alyssa, Taylor wins veto, takes down Brittany, Turner goes up and out. But it's just not gonna happen lol. 

Brittany will go this week and then Taylor next. Sigh lol.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have to accept that the endgame for BB will literally never go how I want it to lol.

I guess there's still hope that the winner won't be Monte or Turner but it's very faint.

I hope Monte does what he's saying right now and puts up Brittany/Alyssa, Taylor wins veto, takes down Brittany, Turner goes up and out. But it's just not gonna happen lol. 

Brittany will go this week and then Taylor next. Sigh lol.

He pitched the same thing to Turner win veto and take out Taylor. Only chance is if Taylor can get in his head about Turner beating him in a jury vote.

I tapped out as soon as Turner won, there might be a slight chance that Taylor can win, but I don't believe Monty for a second that he'll go to a F4 with three *women* when he can't play HoH, right. 

Michael made a dumb ass sub optimal move knowing a DE and clown shoe were out there somewhere and he did it anyway. I cannot believe this mans morality meter was like like I can indulge racism when it suits me but I can't flip on this little punk ass white man that would be WRONG.

For the love God ladies do try to win a competition when it matters.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, more than likely Taylor will actually go this week. Cool. Will someone I like ever make the finale ever again lol? 

It's very, very possible and not at 0%. I still think she could very well go because Monte would put up Taylor before Turner, and the chances of veto being used are high, unless Monte's winning it.

I think it's 50/50 Taylor goes. She was able to appeal to Monte Wednesday night to get take the shot at Michael. It really depends if she is able to convince Monte that Turner is a bigger threat which might be hard since he likes to bro down, but I do think she can appeal to his ego. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Apparently Michael went up to Monte and told him he didn't get a a fair shot at the veto because his rope broke. 

So now I'm wondering if the rope actually broke.

During the comp you see Michael run and when he’s outside of the camera angle you hear him say “What do I do?” I think this is when his rope broke. I saw several others run and strain against their ropes. Made me wonder if there was some tampering going on there…

ETA: just rewatched, you can actually see the rope come off of his belt.

Edited by Intoresting
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Intoresting said:

During the comp you see Michael run and when he’s outside of the camera angle you hear him say “What do I do?” I think this is when his rope broke. I saw several others run and strain against their ropes. Made me wonder if there was some tampering going on there…

Yeah the way Monte told the story that Michael was using it as his pitch to convince Monte not to use the veto.

Wouldn't surprise me if they used cheap materials and Michael tugged so hard it broke. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh goody, we've come to the part of the season where the people I hate win all of the comps.  Yay.  I guess I'll stick around for veto, but if Turner/Monte win I'll take a little break.  I guess that's what I get for celebrating Michael NOT winning a comp for a change. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
23 minutes ago, toomuchtv said:

It looked like something may have broken the first time Michael tested out his length and then they didn’t show him for a while, I assumed they were fixing it. Sucks if that contributed to him losing

I swore that I heard Michael say something off-camera during the comp, something like "What do I do?" which I'm guessing he was asking a Production person. It isn't a Big Brother season until something breaks or goes wrong in a comp and we get a new conspiracy theory.

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hi from Maple Ridge 👋

Greetings from the McDonalds on the way to Whistler Squamish! We just moved back here this year after 12 years in Surrey.

• Love 1

They get joint credit imo.

24 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I am not so sure that Turner would use the veto if he wins it. 

He should. The smart play for him would be removing Alyssa and then him and her evicting Taylor. Which is why I pray he doesn’t win lol.

11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Can you imagine the awkwardness if they had him come back and redo the veto with everyone? (I know they won't, because they never seem to want to correct stuff like that and it would really deflate the drama of the DE.)

They did on BB Over the Top. It was a timed comp and something happened with Shelby's equipment, so she got to do it over and ended up beating Jason.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5

Michael - what a sore loser.  What did he expect - that the HGs were going to just hand him $750k.

I didn't see anything sore about his loss. I saw some scrambling to try and save his game but it's not like he cussed anyone out or called anyone names or flipped anyone off. What should he have done, just go quietly without trying to save himself? And I personally don't see any nobility in hugging the people who just ended your game on your way out the door. It's fake and it's performative. It doesn't make him a sore loser, it just makes him real.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

What's ironic is that Michael had three chances -- THREE FUCKING CHANCES! -- to take Monte out first.  On all three of his HoHs.  He purposely, intentionally let each chance pass him by to take out small targets who probably weren't even all that threatening.  And then, the very guy he had three chances to take out . . . takes him out instead.  That's no one's fault but Michael's, and as annoying as Brittany can be, she did warn him, and he chose not to listen.

Not to sound cocky but I have said multiple times in this thread that Michael should take out Joseph and Monte to have a clear path to the end. It's ironic that Monte was the one to win a comp that finally got Michael evicted.

The phrase Turner used "we have to open up first place" was to the point but made me really sad. It was totally true that with Michael there they were all playing for second place. It was just a raw moment of truth that just froze me.

I think Michael knows that he will be invited back for all stars and that's why he was so cool with Julie.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And I personally don't see any nobility in hugging the people who just ended your game on your way out the door. It's fake and it's performative. It doesn't make him a sore loser, it just makes him real.

Michael's exit felt very performative to me - he was trying to make a Moment, like Cody walking across the table and being out the door before anyone could react except Cody's exit felt like a genuine "get me away from these people" thing and Michael's was more "how can I make sure people will talk about me after this season". And then dropping the cold arrogance to be all "They should have voted me out a long time ago, Julie!" It was all very calculated and manufactured.

Just now, SummerDreams said:

I think Michael knows that he will be invited back for all stars and that's why he was so cool with Julie.

God I hope not.

• Love 6

The whole second half the episode was great, Michael's speech and his Irish goodbye, but it just makes a Monty/Turner F2 more likely and I just want to barf out my eyes at a that.

On RHAP ep wrap apparently Alyssa said Michael's belt broke. I'm all for do overs in every respect but that's why they do the speed DE so they can they bring the shoddy chaos, and for once it worked!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

Production hates him for the Kyle stuff so I don’t know. But yea it’d be kinda crazy not to get him in All Stars. Personally, I hope they never do another All Stars lol.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And I personally don't see any nobility in hugging the people who just ended your game on your way out the door. It's fake and it's performative. It doesn't make him a sore loser, it just makes him real.

Double standard.  Terrance got a lot of grief for pulling a Daniel exit.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Cody's exit felt like a genuine "get me away from these people" thing …

Cody actually planned his exit. Prior to it, he was walking over the table to make sure it could hold his weight.

1 minute ago, twilightzone said:

Terrance got a lot of grief for pulling a Daniel exit.

Not from me lol. I loved that, too! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Cody actually planned his exit. Prior to it, he was walking over the table to make sure it could hold his weight.

LOL how did I not know that? I must have replaced it in my brain with some useless Raven fact.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I was surprised that Monte apparently wants to waste his HOH on Brittany. But if that's true, I guess he feels like they have two "dead weight" players, so they can jettison the one they find more manipulative (Brittany) and keep the one who will get the "coat tails" argument (Alyssa) for F2. 

A season of BB that will be remembered not by its winner but by racism, bullying and comp beast Michael.

Now that I think of it Jeff Probst must have loved to be the producer and presenter of this show. So much drama, I can feel his excitement.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Michael's exit felt very performative to me - he was trying to make a Moment, like Cody walking across the table and being out the door before anyone could react except Cody's exit felt like a genuine "get me away from these people" thing and Michael's was more "how can I make sure people will talk about me after this season". And then dropping the cold arrogance to be all "They should have voted me out a long time ago, Julie!" It was all very calculated and manufactured.

1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

Yeah, this is MICHAEL we're talking about here. Of COURSE it was extremely calculated. 100% he had a plan for what he would do if he got evicted. I think Michael might have been more obsessed with scenarios than even Vanessa. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Monte might be kind of hoping Turner ends up evicted this week with no blood on his hands. It’s tough because Monte kind of needs Turner but he’s also a bigger threat to win than Brittany or Alyssa.

At this point in the game, you need to be willing to get blood on your hands.  If he wins veto and he wants Turner gone, then he needs to use it and take the shot again.  And, if he does, I'll have no problem with him winning, because, hell, even last night, when they got the shot to take out Michael, Monte had to shake Turner out of a half brain dead stupor about the need to get rid of him right then.

14 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Brittany whining about Michael having the temerity to save himself betrays such a lack of awareness and serious self-absorption.  HE'S GOING AWAY. You remain strictly due to your lousy BB acumen and YOU are the victim?      

Brittany’s post-vote histrionics reminded me of a particular bit:

I remember our last discussion; I just looked at her and said, “It’s all about ‘me, me, me’ with you - ‘*I* can’t swim!’ ‘Pull *me* back in the boat!’ ‘*I’m* drowning!’ ‘Help *me*!’  
What about me? What about my feelings???”

That’s the last time I go rafting with such a total narcissist, I’ll tell you that.

13 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Michael - what a sore loser.  What did he expect - that the HGs were going to just hand him $750k. 

For_a_moment.gif.90ce43c99be589d3c3f18ce8fe7a5bcf.gif

13 hours ago, dizzyd said:

So who gets credit for taking out the big guy in their pitch to jury, Monte who initiated it with the POV or Turner as HoH?

Pretty even split, but if there’s an edge to be given IMHO it would have to go to Turner.  Kinda like a volleyball game; Monte gets an assist for setting up the shot, but it was Turner who spiked it over the net.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

At this point in the game, you need to be willing to get blood on your hands.  If he wins veto and he wants Turner gone, then he needs to use it and take the shot again.  And, if he does, I'll have no problem with him winning, because, hell, even last night, when they got the shot to take out Michael, Monte had to shake Turner out of a half brain dead stupor about the need to get rid of him right then.

I still say it’s a tough decision. Monte is probably now the favorite to get to F2. If he takes Turner, he likely wins pretty easily. If he takes Taylor, it’s tougher. 

6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Pretty even split, but if there’s an edge to be given IMHO it would have to go to Turner.  Kinda like a volleyball game; Monte gets an assist for setting up the shot, but it was Turner who spiked it over the net.

I’d give the edge to Monte since Turner was kind of trying to back out of it lol.

• Love 1

Turner not being immediately 100% in on going for Michael last night also makes me think he is pretty likely to stupidly take Monte to F2 if he has the choice while Taylor most likely wouldn’t.

I just need Taylor to win that veto but like I don’t have too much faith in it actually happening lol.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Turner not being immediately 100% in on going for Michael last night also makes me think he is pretty likely to stupidly take Monte to F2 if he has the choice while Taylor most likely wouldn’t.

I just need Taylor to win that veto but like I don’t have too much faith in it actually happening lol.

Turner would totally be bro-ing down until the end. There's at least a chance, though, that he could be swayed by whoever was on the F3 with him and Monte. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I swore that I heard Michael say something off-camera during the comp, something like "What do I do?" which I'm guessing he was asking a Production person. It isn't a Big Brother season until something breaks or goes wrong in a comp and we get a new conspiracy theory.

Greetings from the McDonalds on the way to Whistler Squamish! We just moved back here this year after 12 years in Surrey.

Rewatch the episode. On his first run the rope comes off his belt. I thought it happened off camera, but it was filmed. Conspiracy theory, lol, you’re right production would never interfere to make things more exciting.

17 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Turner would totally be bro-ing down until the end. There's at least a chance, though, that he could be swayed by whoever was on the F3 with him and Monte. 

You’re right. Turner is easily led. Still, i think if Monte is F3 with him he’s letting Monte lead him over Brittany/Taylor/Alyssa.

Some stats I came across: Alyssa is the first woman to make F5 without winning a comp. Also, only 4 women have won HOH this year in Celeb BB, BB Canada, and BB combined. Yikes lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Production hates him for the Kyle stuff so I don’t know. But yea it’d be kinda crazy not to get him in All Stars. Personally, I hope they never do another All Stars lol.

If I were production, I would hate him, too.  If they did tamper with his rope so he would lose the POV, I would not be surprised.   Plus, him leaving makes the remaining season less predictable. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I give credit to Taylor for Michael's eviction since she was the one who convinced Monte the night before, but she will get no credit from the jury. 

Yep. And they won’t show it on the show either. They might try to give Turner full credit for it since he seems to be their new golden boy.

8 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If I were production, I would hate him, too.  

Yea, he really fucked up their plans of continuing to hide Kyle’s racism and keep him as their golden boy.

• Applause 6