Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E98: Kicking Off San Diego

• Start Topic

Secrets from the past and dreams for the future are revealed as host Kevin Frazier and a panel of Married at First Sight aficionados do a deep dive into the five new couples from San Diego. The group predicts if the newlyweds will find love or fail to connect, reacts to exclusive sneak peeks from the upcoming season, and catches up with former MAFS favorites about their current relationships.

Airs Wednesday June 29 at 8:00PM EDT.

Well, damn, I just tuned in, thinking the actual show was starting. I'm going to kick off the snark anyway.

Olaju-Hulk has been skipping leg day. Those spindly twigs can't support the major bulk of the rest of him.

Katina looks good as usual. Are they really still married?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I tuned in late but my predictions thus far are:

Alex and Justin: Not happening 

Miquel and Lindy: Yes, but breaking up by reunion

Morgan and Binh: No. Total mismatch. He needs someone more demure and feminine and she needs someone who can actually pick her up and throw her down on the bed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think Morgan should have been matched with Miguel.  She said she was attracted to nerdy men, and he could definitely throw her down on the bed. 

Now watching whiny Noi and Steve......zzzzzzzzzzz.  Just end it already. 🙄

• Love 2
Just now, Crashcourse said:

I think Morgan should have been matched with Miguel.  She said she was attracted to nerdy men, and he could definitely throw her down on the bed. 

I was thinking the same thing! They would be much better suited with her energy and playfulness. 

I guess that Steve’s long answer to a yes/no question and Noi of course sitting there with her stank face. Good thing she didn’t get pregnant before they called it quits. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess that Steve’s long answer to a yes/no question and Noi of course sitting there with her stank face. Good thing she didn’t get pregnant before they called it quits. 

They're still living separately and that doesn't make sense.  Steve should get out of that mess before she gets pregnant.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Also too soon for Iris and Amber. Did Amber get a nose job?

I think Krysten and Mitch will make it but if he’s such a radical environmentalist why have children? They look the most “couple-ish”

Edited by Kiss my mutt
Wrong names!
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, kikicat said:

I wasn't paying attention. What did Johnny just say? Something about Bao and ??

He said that Bao was interested in Ryan first. Ryan was the non-emotional guy married to Brett, the redhead.  He wasn't interested, so she moved on to Zach.  Ryan is also the one that flew to Boston for a disaster-date with Alyssa.

Edited by Kimboweena
Added additional sentence to clarify.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow - my TV listing had this all be about the new group, so I didn't watch. It sounds like they went back and brought in lots of former people. I am disgusted to see that Steve and Noi are still together but not living together. Steve is fully capable of getting a real wife. Noi is not capable of being in a relationship.

Amber and Iris???? Thankfully, there doesn't appear to be any mentions of Paige or Hailey.

I recorded this, so I may watch but Lindsey and Mark again? Why?????

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Amber and Iris????

Yeah, I was surprised to see those two.  I didn't remember Iris being so tall.  And she's still a virgin.  

I didn't watch this all the way through, changed the channel when Katina/Olaj, Lindsey/Mark were on.  

• Love 3

Yeah, I was surprised to see those two.  I didn't remember Iris being so tall.  And she's still a virgin.  

She looks especially tall next to Amber, whom I think is only about 5 feet tall.

But here's the best part - seriously. Austin and Jessica! I have always loved them and last night was no exception. They are so... real. Their baby is adorable. I was happy to see them and happy to see them doing so well. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

He said that Bao was interested in Ryan first. Ryan was the non-emotional guy married to Brett, the redhead.  He wasn't interested, so she moved on to Zach.  Ryan is also the one that flew to Boston for a disaster-date with Alyssa.

Wasn't it Henry (Texas) who flew in to get rejected by "I'm a good person" Alyssa? It's hard to keep them straight, especially the quieter, less emotional ones. 

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

But here's the best part - seriously. Austin and Jessica! I have always loved them and last night was no exception. They are so... real. Their baby is adorable. I was happy to see them and happy to see them doing so well. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention my favorite couple that I saw--Austin and Jessica.  It was nice to see them and they seem so...normal and real.  I think this is one of the matches that the "experts" got right, and I hope they have a long, happy marriage.  

• Love 8

They keep playing the clip from San Diego bachelor party where the dancer is in front of the guys in her skivvies.... one of the guys says in a voiceover  " get on your knees."  I am telling you now if it is one of the guys saying to the dancer, he will become my most hated MAFS person ever with that one statement/command. There is no coming back from that. Period.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Love 5

So, fast-forwarded everything from the match making episode which really sped up my viewing.  Also fast-forwarded Noi and Steve as she sat as far away from him as possible and looked miserable the whole time.  I think the producers were hoping that Lindsey and Mark would have a fight, but, nope they didn't.  Iris and Amber?  I really don't need to see either of them again.  Really liked seeing Austin and Jessica again.

Anyway, as for the new couples, I think all of them will break up.  

I guess the real episodes start next week.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Wasn't it Henry (Texas) who flew in to get rejected by "I'm a good person" Alyssa? It's hard to keep them straight, especially the quieter, less emotional ones. 

No, it was Ryan (from Brett and Ryan). Apparently, he read Allyssa the riot act but we didn't get to see that part. I still like him. Henry was with ChristinA in New Orleans, I think. 

Just so I don't have to watch any of it - which Amber was there? Blonde from Dallas or the needy teacher with the basketball cheater?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Just so I don't have to watch any of it - which Amber was there? Blonde from Dallas or the needy teacher with the basketball cheater?

It was the needy teacher with the basketball cheater.  I still don't know why she and Iris the Perpetual Virgin were on the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I’m really not sure why all the former cast members were there.  I didn’t watch Iris and  Amber’s or Austin and Jessica’s seasons.   I didn’t need to see any of the Boston cast.  Definitely didn’t need to see Myrla or Johnny,  both of whom are incredibly bitter.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

It seems like they keep a lot out of the MM special just so they could have footage for the Kickoff special to make people watch it. I still don't feel like I really know what they're about. I don't feel like I can really make any predictions until I see how they interact. It's funny seeing how accurate KF was about some coupes & wrong about others. He deserved the trophy.

• Love 1

So we learned Morgan wants to keep separate accounts, so they're gunna pay bills separately? Mitch looks ridiculous wearing that hat that way. I understand Stacia wanting to know things sooner, but her approach was probably off-putting.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Lindz said:

So we learned Morgan wants to keep separate accounts, so they're gunna pay bills separately? Mitch looks ridiculous wearing that hat that way. I understand Stacia wanting to know things sooner, but her approach was probably off-putting.

I'm on my third marriage and the only one where we had a joint account is the only one which has had arguments about money. IMO separate accounts is the way to go with a joint account that both parties pay into for bills etc. the amount & percentages that each party pays into that account can be agreed separately and there should be plenty to cover every bill including rent/mortgage. That way nobody gets to complain about how much is spent on makeup, hobbies etc. and the bills are all paid.

Joint accounts are from the days when only the man would go to work and are just another form of control.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Okay. That bonus Mark & Lindsey footage was WEIRD! He was all over her & then she outed him saying he wanted to "lay & cuddle" later. Then she interjected that she "has her man" when KF asked MARK if they could get back together. Let's see if this guy will actually marry Lindsey. Ugh. The stupid advice for the season that's already over question. KF changed to advice for their ex spouse's next partner... Ehhh. No. Lindsey still took a dig at Mark. She always will. Why they bring back divorced matches or partners is beyond me. Didn't care to see Johnny or Myrla the most. Although, we finally heard one reason she ended it. WHY couldn't she just say that at the reunion?!?!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 6

1.5 times a week?!?!!! KF made the math work by saying that's 3 times every 2 weeks, but how will he make the math work with 2.5 kids (if Binh's going by averages/statistics)? I hope he's joking. He better not be aiming for settled, comfortable married life at first sight, where they don't try to woo their new spouses. Not the way to do it.

• Love 1

Finally caught up with this.  So far no one strikes me as remotely likable nor matched properly.  I see mismatches, like alphas with alphas, prima donnas with prima donnas, temperament and lifestyle opposites, etc.  On gut instinct I don't see any of their energies flowing together.  I also see mostly people that are too into themselves to be able to handle the give and take of a relationship let alone marriage for the long haul, even the ones that talk a good line of crap about being ready and "flexible".  Just on what I see from them now I am not buying it.  They may want to want to be ready but I'm not seeing the evidence of it.  They're going to have to prove it to me.  The show seems to like to pick people that are big into their careers and incredibly busy lifestyles at the expense of anything and anyone else.  Since when have any of the marriages that have worked out on this show included one person like that let alone two matched with each other?  The panel kept saying those people are going to have to change for marriage.  No shit, Sherlock!  And just what about any of them makes the panel think they're going to do that now?

I found myself scratching my head at the couples the panel thought would make it.  Either I've become way too cynical and lack the objectivity to believe that any of them will make it, or the panel including Kevin are all living in a dream world.  Or maybe they're just being paid to be optimistic and pull that crap out of their asses.  OR - maybe they have just figured out that most of them stay together on decision day now but break up soon after, so predicting that they will say "yes" on DD is a foregone conclusion.  If so, big whoop.  Speaking of Jessica and Austin, seeing them only reminded me of some of the obvious nice people/good matches we used to be presented with on this show every now and then but aren't anymore.  And that was truly sad.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 7/1/2022 at 10:50 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I'm on my third marriage and the only one where we had a joint account is the only one which has had arguments about money. IMO separate accounts is the way to go with a joint account that both parties pay into for bills etc. the amount & percentages that each party pays into that account can be agreed separately and there should be plenty to cover every bill including rent/mortgage. That way nobody gets to complain about how much is spent on makeup, hobbies etc. and the bills are all paid.

Joint accounts are from the days when only the man would go to work and are just another form of control.

DH and I have been together since 1973.  We've always both worked and never had a joint account.   If a couple wants a joint account, fine, but it's not the only way to go.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I remember the days when they matched by personality indicators and results of extensive tests.  Now it seems to be who impresses them most.  They went back and forth between Kristen and Krysten (I think those were the names) for the one guy.  No talk of whose personality, values, etc match his.  They basically rolled the dice. 
Do better, show. 

• Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 9:21 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Noi is waiting to see his bank account before she moves in with him.  For some reason, she seems like she is settling when it comes to him.  She doesn’t look thrilled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Gawd, too soon, with Lindsey and Mark!

She said she’s so happy.  I think she is full of it.  He looks thrilled to be out of her life, and not anxious to be married right away.  I don’t believe she met the love of her life either.  She’s a scorned woman seething that Mark dumped her ass.  She looks matronly in those dresses she wears too.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 11:19 PM, Meowwww said:

Clearly no one is watching. Because otherwise we would be pissed off 

I didn’t watch, but watched on demand today.  It was too long and boring, and no fast forward.  Took forever, and no one got married.  Waste of time.  Kevin and the other three were boring.  It’s too much already.  How much can they beat a dead horse?  All commercials.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:45 PM, Crashcourse said:

They're still living separately and that doesn't make sense.  Steve should get out of that mess before she gets pregnant.  

Bet Noi would be living with him if she knew he was loaded and had a job now.  She would have been pregnant as we speak.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2022 at 3:53 PM, Crashcourse said:

It was the needy teacher with the basketball cheater.  I still don't know why she and Iris the Perpetual Virgin were on the show.

I still don’t know how this show is getting away with all these fillers every week.  It never ends.  

• Love 1
On 6/30/2022 at 8:46 PM, Iamthatmom said:

I fell asleep with this on tv and groggily remember Mryna saying something about why she and Gil broke up...what was the reason she gave?

Gil wasn’t paying his rent.  That wasn’t her style.  She wanted a guy with lots of money to support her shoe collection.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 10:50 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

What happens when the wife has three little kids at home and can’t work?  How can she contribute into the joint account?  I’m married over fifty years.  One account, everything equal, even inheritances.  We put three kids thru good colleges, always had new cars, etc.  I never felt controlled as I bought anything I wanted.  I couldn’t have it any other way.  Never with a controlling man, ever.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Love 8
On 7/2/2022 at 9:50 PM, kristen111 said:

Gil wasn’t paying his rent.  That wasn’t her style.  She wanted a guy with lots of money to support her shoe collection.

There’s a lot of space between wanting a guy who is honest about his finances and can pay his share of the rent and wanting a guy who can afford expensive shoes…

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 7:50 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I am coming up on my 25th anniversary in the next year with my husband and we have always had joint accounts, no separate ones at all. We both work full time and sometimes I make more and sometimes he does as his income fluctuates because he is in sales. It's always worked for us. But each couple is different.

I swore I wasn't going to watch, but I couldn't help myself, especially with my husband saying "let's watch this!" Ugh! Only ones I give a chance are the sorority gal and environmental guy. Maybe. The rest are terrible matches, and I agree Morgan was clearly mismatched. But who cares - maybe she and Miguel will hook up after DD.

Lindsey continues to be an asshole. I am glad Iris and Amber at least got a fun friendship out of this show. I still think Iris is the prettiest woman to ever be on this show, but I don't need to know any more about her sex life (or lack thereof) ever again. Jessica and Austin are adorable. I love that she wore her D-Day outfit.

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am coming up on my 25th anniversary in the next year with my husband and we have always had joint accounts, no separate ones at all. We both work full time and sometimes I make more and sometimes he does as his income fluctuates because he is in sales. It's always worked for us. But each couple is different.

I swore I wasn't going to watch, but I couldn't help myself, especially with my husband saying "let's watch this!" Ugh! Only ones I give a chance are the sorority gal and environmental guy. Maybe. The rest are terrible matches, and I agree Morgan was clearly mismatched. But who cares - maybe she and Miguel will hook up after DD.

Lindsey continues to be an asshole. I am glad Iris and Amber at least got a fun friendship out of this show. I still think Iris is the prettiest woman to ever be on this show, but I don't need to know any more about her sex life (or lack thereof) ever again. Jessica and Austin are adorable. I love that she wore her D-Day outfit.

Yes, Iris is still beautiful and awkward.

This show always sucks me in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the environmental guy is kind of cute. I am 37 and would not mind being paired with a guy like him.

I just hope he is not one of those obnoxious types who scream at you if you are not recycling your own pee. 

His bride might like a preppie guy, though.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think the environmental guy is kind of cute. I am 37 and would not mind being paired with a guy like him.

I think he's kind of cute, too.  I hope he turns out to be a nice guy.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 7:04 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Krysten and Mitch will make it but if he’s such a radical environmentalist why have children? They look the most “couple-ish”

I really like Krysten, but I'm hoping Mitch turns out better than he currently presents. Any man who says he's black and white and unwilling to compromise his values, is never ready for marriage. Marriage is all about compromise and if you're not willing to change anything, you will be successful at nothing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2