Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Revenge of the All Stars

• Start Topic

Several All Stars look to make big moves to change up the balance of power.  The grueling "Stacked" challenge pushes the challengers to their limits and keeps the heat on a pair of boiling rivalries.  A last minute blindside shocks everyone.

Air Date:  June 8, 2022

• Thanks 1
(edited)

I've never really liked KellyAnne all that much, but I was definitely on her side re: Sylvia.  Glad to see one of the three mean girls gone....  Veronica will leave next, hopefully.

I've always sort of had a soft spot for Derrick, so I was happy to see him beat M.J.  

I'm in the camp of "99 men out of 100 look better without facial hair" -- yes, I'm old -- so, I really wish Brad and Wes would shave their beards.  Especially Brad.  When I saw his beard tied up with a ponytail holder or rubber band or whatever, I thought he looked ridiculous. 

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

I've never really liked KellyAnne all that much, but I was definitely on her side re: Sylvia.  Glad to see one of the three mean girls gone.... 

Same.

Sylvia was being such a bad sport. She has been targeting KellyAnne for the entire game and she gets mad when it's returned to her. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Veronica’s a phenomenal political player to not even be considered by Kelly Anne as someone to go into elimination. 

Well, she's not been much of a threat in the sense of winning power herself and using it. Veronica has been very good at letting others take the reins and run the show, and take the flack. Truthfully, she doesn't need to do or say much. Other people are making the decisions that she, herself, would have made if she had power. Kailah and Sylvia have been winning almost all the challenges and throwing the sabotages, and they all happen to agree with Veronica on who should go into elimination. There's not much for Veronica to do.

• Love 3

I actually like Sylvia more than most people to do, but I haven’t forgotten about how she headbutted Marie in Final Reckoning, and this wasn’t too far off in terms of levels of hostility.

• Like 1

Quick question while I'm at work: are we truly ready for a mature, less turbulent Nia? It's pretty weird, even if you know she and Jordan are having sex that isn't healthy for either of them.

• LOL 2

I was happy to Sylvia go.  I don't like her at all.  I've always hated Kailah too and wish she would disappear from these shows.

I'm watching an older season I missed and I'm busy hating Josh and Kam on that one too, so there's a lot of hate flowing around the house right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Quick question while I'm at work: are we truly ready for a mature, less turbulent Nia? It's pretty weird, even if you know she and Jordan are having sex that isn't healthy for either of them.

Her butterflies for Jordan's penis is probably one of a few reasons why we have a more mature and less turbulent Nia.

• LOL 4

Who does Sylvia think she is? She was a big boring nobody on her season of RW, and she’s proven herself to be a follower.  She has no reason to dislike Kelly Anne, who I have grown to like. Glad to see Sylvia back and I hope to never see her again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Not unhappy with this ep...might have liked to see a different male player go home, but at this point I have some liking for pretty much everyone so I think I'd just be unhappy no matter who went home. 

I liked the star turn for Kellyanne this ep, but then again, she reminds me of someone I went to school with, so I've always had a soft spot for her and her limited competence. 

• Like 1
On 6/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Why was Sylvia so hostile? I’m not familiar with her because I didn’t see her RW season and must have stopped watching the old challenges before she appeared. But damn. What an asshole. 

She was a jerk on her season of real world too. I don't enjoy her on tv at all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Bittersweet episode. I'm sad to lose MJ, but would have also been sad to lose Derrick. No win situation there. Now Brad has to find a different target. Let's see how it goes. 

On the other hand, I was happy to lose Sylvia. I think that even if Kelly Anne had the sabotage, she would have been able to get her two locks and get in the water. She was clearly the better paddler so I think she would have still been ok. I think that Sylvia needed that slice of humble pie, and I'm glad that she left. I hope Kailah is next. I could tell by the editing that Sylvia was going to pick Nia, but even before I knew that the treehouse ladies would see her as a better option for eliminations because they think Jonna is more of a threat. I'm glad that Mia won and that Kelly Anne had her revenge. Kailah and Sylvia can return to the flagship show. 

I always look forward to the trivia challenges. Excited for next week. 

On 6/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, AntFTW said:

Well, she's not been much of a threat in the sense of winning power herself and using it. Veronica has been very good at letting others take the reins and run the show, and take the flack. Truthfully, she doesn't need to do or say much. Other people are making the decisions that she, herself, would have made if she had power. Kailah and Sylvia have been winning almost all the challenges and throwing the sabotages, and they all happen to agree with Veronica on who should go into elimination. There's not much for Veronica to do.

I thought it was interesting that Veronica said that Roni should win this challenge so that she could help the treehouse the way the treehouse helps her. I was thinking Veronica, what have you done? You aren't winning any challenges. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I like Kellyanne a lot, always have.  Not so much when she's talking about green mucus, but otherwise. 

When she sat down to the laptop for her call home, I had this crazy idea CT would appear on the screen and Kellyanne would say, "Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

I would like to know how Kellyanne got heavy metal poisoning.   And mold poisoning.  Life can't be much fun for her.

Loved the Wes/Nehemiah Enya moment out on the water. 

Sylvia, what an ugly personality.   I wouldn't want my kids to see me behave that way on national TV.  I like Roni's attitude. 

Nia's win was seamless.    Quite a surprise.   Not sorry to see MJ depart.   He used to get eliminated fairly quickly in the flagship show.   On All Stars he has been a big fish in a little pond and his swelled head was starting to cause displacement of the water.  Are we supposed to feel bad for Jonna now?

On 6/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, MMLEsq said:

I'm in the camp of "99 men out of 100 look better without facial hair" -- yes, I'm old -- so, I really wish Brad and Wes would shave their beards.  Especially Brad.  When I saw his beard tied up with a ponytail holder or rubber band or whatever, I thought he looked ridiculous. 

It looks like a Mr. Potato Head add-on.    When he started pulling/stroking it, I was very grossed out. 

• Love 4
On 6/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, MMLEsq said:

I've never really liked KellyAnne all that much, but I was definitely on her side re: Sylvia.  Glad to see one of the three mean girls gone....  Veronica will leave next, hopefully.

I was relieved that KellyAnne went through with putting Sylvia in, I was afraid she was gonna pull a Kendall and try to curry favor with the mean girls, only to be stabbed in the back.

Veronica's also not much of a threat in a final, not that Sylvia was either. Sylvia's fantasies about bringing home that money were pure pipe dreams. Of the "treehouse," Roni and Kailah are the threats at the end, Veronica's big ass isn't running miles through rough terrain.

Glad to see MJ go, he's been arrogant since his first appearance on RW and I hate to see arrogance rewarded, I couldn't stand him winning again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

She was a jerk on her season of real world too. I don't enjoy her on tv at all. 

Yeah. How would she like it if her little step kid was bullied for no reason.  I’m sorry. I just didn’t get her very intense hatred. For no reason. It really bothered me that she was so hateful and the awful things she said, once again, for no reason. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, millennium said:

I would like to know how Kellyanne got heavy metal poisoning. 

I don’t know if she has ever had breast implants but that can be a cause:  “These implants can be dangerous even when they don’t rupture. Studies show that the heavy metals in silicone gel can seep through an intact shell in what’s known as “gel bleed.” A 2017 investigation found the material can then migrate from surrounding tissues to bone, organs and the brain. A 2020 paper further suggests that silicone may lead to cell death.”  I read online that both she and her fiancé got mold poisoning from their house.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t know if she has ever had breast implants but that can be a cause:  “These implants can be dangerous even when they don’t rupture. Studies show that the heavy metals in silicone gel can seep through an intact shell in what’s known as “gel bleed.” A 2017 investigation found the material can then migrate from surrounding tissues to bone, organs and the brain. A 2020 paper further suggests that silicone may lead to cell death.”  I read online that both she and her fiancé got mold poisoning from their house.

She did have implants and finally had them removed. From memory, it took awhile for doctors to identify the cause of her issues, originally treating her for lyme disease. 

KellyAnne's never been a favorite of mine primarily because she plays too nice & is often used by more strategic players so i find it hard to root for.  I do love what she's doing with the dog rescues though. It made no sense why Sylvia had so much hostility towards her. Happy to see her go, hope to never see her again. 

• Love 2

I have always loved Kelly Anne; I especially loved her on The Island, when she and Ev were BFFs. I wonder if they still talk. 

I hate Sylvia, so I'm glad Kelly Anne took her out. Sylvia always thinks she's some badass who is running the game, but she's weak and annoying. Good riddance. 

I usually don't like MJ, but I love his chemistry with Jonna. I don't know if they're intimate or whatever, but you really can't deny their chemistry. 

I hate when people say that someone is playing a "scared game" and is "doing everything they can to avoid elimination." Isn't that what they should all do? Anything can happen in an elimination. Brad is the #1 person who tries to avoid eliminations, so he's a huge hypocrite for talking shit about MJ. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Zima said:

I have always loved Kelly Anne; I especially loved her on The Island, when she and Ev were BFFs. I wonder if they still talk. 

I hate Sylvia, so I'm glad Kelly Anne took her out. Sylvia always thinks she's some badass who is running the game, but she's weak and annoying. Good riddance. 

I usually don't like MJ, but I love his chemistry with Jonna. I don't know if they're intimate or whatever, but you really can't deny their chemistry. 

I hate when people say that someone is playing a "scared game" and is "doing everything they can to avoid elimination." Isn't that what they should all do? Anything can happen in an elimination. Brad is the #1 person who tries to avoid eliminations, so he's a huge hypocrite for talking shit about MJ. 

Yeah and Brad is extra scared because he was eliminated just before the final last season lol.  Also he said he lost his job so maybe he might want to groom himself in a more traditional fashion to aid in finding another one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Zima said:

I hate when people say that someone is playing a "scared game" and is "doing everything they can to avoid elimination." Isn't that what they should all do? Anything can happen in an elimination.

Yes, they should all try to avoid elimination. Why take the chance if you don't have to?

Playing a "scared game" is taking the seemingly safe route, and not making the bold move or tough choice when the moment requires it. Other than Brad, I can't say that anyone is playing a scared game. Everyone is throwing the sabotages where they think it's necessary, making plans to make sure their threats lose, and throwing people into elimination that are threats. Everyone is playing a decent game. Everyone is taking shots and risking the chance that their moves might backfire.

Brad being a fucking crybaby about a good game plan in the last episode was him playing a scared game. 😤

25 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah and Brad is extra scared because he was eliminated just before the final last season lol.

It was so sad to watch, Brad losing his dignity.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Also he said he lost his job so maybe he might want to groom himself in a more traditional fashion to aid in finding another one. 

Brad said the same thing last season that he lost his job because of COVID. That makes me question how far apart do they film these seasons.

Also, Brad said he was an accountant IIRC... and I just can't imagine Brad as an accountant. I know not to judge a book by its cover because you can't really tell someone's expertise just by looking at them... but I can't imagine Brad with that beard being someone's accountant.

Edited by AntFTW
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Brad said the same thing last season that he lost his job because of COVID. That makes me question how far apart do they film these seasons.

Also, Brad said he was an accountant IIRC... and I just can't imagine Brad as an accountant. I know not to judge a book by its cover because you can't really tell someone's expertise just by looking at them... but I can't imagine Brad with that beard being someone's accountant.

I think he was a substitute teacher for a long time.  I think in math, which should help him when they have those math-based challenges.

• Useful 2

Also Nehemiah saying that MJ was all about self -preservation was up there with people talking about “scared” games. Everyone is a self preservationist in this game. You’d be an idiot not to be. 

Sylvia can be moderately likable at times, but she reminded me in this episode why I generally don’t like her much. She’s been targeting Kellyanne all season and then has the nerve to be righteously indignant when she has to pay the price. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm happy to see Sylvia go. I have never liked her. Every show that she's been on, she has been needlessly mean to someone (Kaliah seems to have forgotten or gotten past the fact that it was once her). She seems like the kind of person who can't be content in her friendships unless they've all collectively agreed that they're cooler and better than another group of women. 

Hey, they finally acknowledged that Kelly Anne and Wes are exes. Also, her boyfriend (I believe now fiancee) is very handsome and seems sweet. 

On 6/10/2022 at 2:44 AM, millennium said:

I would like to know how Kellyanne got heavy metal poisoning.   And mold poisoning.  Life can't be much fun for her.

As reported above, I think the heavy metal poisoning could have been linked to her implants, which she had taken out. But from watching a few of the instagram lives she's been on, I get the feeling that Kelly Anne is also one of those super holistic yogis who believes everything is caused by some sort of exposure to something or natural imbalance of chakras and cured through a diet of only spinach juice and sunflower seeds and more yoga. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

On 6/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, zenme said:

Yeah. How would she like it if her little step kid was bullied for no reason.  I’m sorry. I just didn’t get her very intense hatred. For no reason. It really bothered me that she was so hateful and the awful things she said, once again, for no reason. 

I'm almost glad we finally got to see this side of Sylvia, lest everyone forget how intensely hateful she has been for no reason on basically every season she's been on. I have never liked Sylvia, and felt validated to see her behave like this. Of the Lavender Ladies from the main show I think she's actually the worst--Amanda is intelligent and entertaining at least a bit, and Ashley is legitimately nuts. Sylvia is boring, not that bright, and mean, yet always gives interviews as if she's the underdog for whom we should all be rooting. And lets' not forget that she once head butted someone. That's a thing she, an adult, did. 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:37 PM, Zima said:

It was particularly stupid coming from Brad, who literally was afraid to go into elimination three days before and who made his groomsman go in for him. MJ had already been in! What exactly was the basis for Brad's pronouncement that he was playing a scared game (which as you stated, really just means a political game)? What a meaningless insult. 

18 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm pretty sure Brad's battle against his father's wishes that he become an accountant was a major storyline on his RW season. Once upon a time Brad had a website for his "accounting" that he shared on MySpace (to date this story). I remember looking and immediately finding so many grammatical and spelling errors--your for "you're, wrong forms of then/than, etc.). I can't imagine someone hiring him to do accounting work, even if he's good with numbers.

I believe the evolution of Brad's jobs has been--club appearancer like they all were back in the day, attempted to run his own motorcycle fashion line (this brings us to Brad's late 20s and his involvement with Tori), trying to be an accountant, trying to be a DJ, and being a teaching assistant/aide. He's never really had a steady, reliable job outside of these shows and appearances for these shows, which I'm pretty sure was one of the many problems in his marriage.

I absolutely believe Brad loves his kids. But it annoys me when he talks about wanting to use the money to improve their lives. Brad's kids are with him, like, four days a month. Tori is married to a successful attorney who represents NFL players. I think they're set. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Tori is married to a successful attorney who represents NFL players. I think they're set. 

Did not know that.  She was a guest on the Reality Steve podcast a few years ago so that must have happened later.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Hey, they finally acknowledged that Kelly Anne and Wes are exes. Also, her boyfriend (I believe now fiancee) is very handsome and seems sweet. 

Completely forgot about Wes and Kelly Anne. Whenever I think about Kelly Anne I think about her and Cohutta. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I'm almost glad we finally got to see this side of Sylvia, lest everyone forget how intensely hateful she has been for no reason on basically every season she's been on. I have never liked Sylvia, and felt validated to see her behave like this. Of the Lavender Ladies from the main show I think she's actually the worst--Amanda is intelligent and entertaining at least a bit, and Ashley is legitimately nuts.

I love Ashley.   But I'll see your Sylvia and raise you one Shane for the worst of the Lavender Ladies.   Can't stand that guy.

Sylvia's annoying because she acts like she's some tour de force in The Challenge yet I find myself unable to recall a single Daily or Elimination where she pulled off something truly memorable.   Her only talent seems to be ingratiating herself with other second-stringers and trying to exert influence through numbers and nastiness.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2022 at 8:40 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Thanks for the information.    I knew implants contained carcinogens but didn't know about the heavy metals.   Did some googling:  https://medtruth.medium.com/do-heavy-metals-contribute-to-breast-implant-illness-29e44b505559.   I had just assumed it must have been environmental.   I was once tested for heavy metal poisoning because in my teen years I had some problems while working in a manufacturing facility where heavy metals were stored and used; turned out that wasn't the culprit, fortunately.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2022 at 10:58 AM, AntFTW said:

My apologies if this has already been answered, but I think Melinda said something about there being six weeks between her running the final for season 2 and starting filming for season 3. This was in regards to her ankle and how much healing/rehab time she had between seasons.

• Useful 1
On 6/11/2022 at 10:58 AM, AntFTW said:

If anything, you'd think because of covid, he could work from home.  He might have to do Zoom meetings occasionally.

But it is a conservative profession so the beard bro look might not be working for him.

Good riddance to Sylvia.  She had a good alliance but she should just shut her mouth and keep a low profile.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:05 AM, LaurelleJ said:

Completely forgot about Wes and Kelly Anne. Whenever I think about Kelly Anne I think about her and Cohutta. 

I'm rewatching this season now and I completely forgot about KellyAnne and Cohutta.

• Like 1
(edited)

Watching this now. Just got into the Challenge recently. Anyway, Sylvia can only get far by having her clique of mean girls around her to pad her. She is in crap shape and would have never gone far in the final. Honestly, Kelly Ann  should have chosen Kayla. She has the most athleticism of the bunch. I am watching world championship and couldn't ever understand people's hate of KellyAnn. She is always an underdog loner. Feel bad that she has such an uphill battle.

But glad fish lips is gone. Wish it had been sooner. Would love Kayla the elderphobic to be gone too. 

And call me crazy, but I don't mind Jordan in this season. He is better without his clique there...more tolerable and less cocky. But in watching the last Challenge, World Champions and now this....does that man put his sausage in any bun available? He sure gets around. Ew. Who all has he hooked up with: Sarah (someone I don't know), Laurel, Tori, Nia, Nurys and I think maybe Jonna way back when. Anyone else? Fessy is also as messy. LOL, see what I did there?

Edited by Lamima