Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10 Loads of Croc

• Start Topic

The crew enjoys a day off on an Australian crocodile safari; Captain Jason finds shocking unfinished business left on the boat; Tumi comes to Aesha's defense when Ryan and Magda talk behind her back, leaving Aesha distraught.

Lot of crock on this episode, not just from the crocodile tour the crew went on.

These people are not only bad at their jobs but just have bad attitudes, Benny, Ryan, Magda are the worst culprits but Brittini also has attitude.

Magda thinks Aesha is bullying her?  If she ever gets cast on another BD show, she will know about chief stews bullying stews.

Not a good look when the captain catches you on the phone, has to tell her to get to work and then later calls her in to point out how much data she's using.  She thinks only Magda has a dim view of her work.

Ryan when faced with getting booted off the boat says he will eat shit and do as he's asked.  We will see if that holds up.  Jason doesn't have a replacement lined up yet and they said only 3 charters left?  Normally I don't think they'd bother replacing the chef with so few charters left but this is a TV show so if they do fire him, they're going to make a thing out of it.

That and he's pissing off Aesha and the captain.

Benny says he will do all the tasks and then says it was 3 AM.  He has to be having fun to do the work because he's not a robot!

I can see Benny having a certain sense of entitlement because he's got certain licenses so he's probably more valuable than other crew members.  But Magda and Ryan seems to have limited yachting experiences so where do they get these attitudes?  Again maybe producer shenanigans, telling them they don't have to answer to hierarchy.

Jaime and Jason both seem to have had a lot of interesting experiences.  That boy Jaime couldn't save seems to weigh on him.  Jason cleans up after the crew but he's going to let them know about it.

Girls are all thirsty for Jason.  Brittini is sure Jason knows where the A-spot is.  Is there a spot for every letter of the alphabet?

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Just when I think Ryan can't sink any lower, he does. If you're going to talk shit about someone, be a big enough person to own your comments.  Coming after Tumi for giving Aesha a heads up on what was being said about her was pathetic. It was obvious from the first time he tried to pull Tumi in on the smack talk that she didn't agree with him. It's his own fault that he chose to continue bitching at the table. Loved that Tumi essentially dismissed him. I really wish Captain Jason had a backup chef, I'd so love to see Ryan fired. 

Magda is just so entitled and lazy. I do wish that the captain had been a bit clearer with her about the data usage. As it is, she thought he was referring to her being on her phone and believed Aesha somehow ratted her out.  

I find Jamie interesting and like that he's had a different background than most. I do see how he can come across as a bit cold/distant to other members of the crew. I was happy to see him open up a bit with Britini & Aesha at dinner.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Jamie has waited the entire season to tell that story, on-camera. There's something really off about him.

I figure Ryan knows the captain is seeking a replacement - after all, we see this every season - and that's one reason why he's being an egregious jerk. He's waiting to be marched off the boat. The other reason is he's a terrible person.

Benny, Ryan, Magda and Culver seem like central casting, while the others are true experienced yachties.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have never witnessed the level of insubordination Ryan shows the captain on any of the Below Deck shows.  I gasped when he just up and left the room while the captain was speaking.  There is nothing redeeming about Ryan and I don't enjoy watching him.  It's not entertainment.  It just leaves me with a very uncomfortable feeling.

• Love 9
On 5/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, Oosala said:

I have never witnessed the level of insubordination Ryan shows the captain on any of the Below Deck shows.  I gasped when he just up and left the room while the captain was speaking.  There is nothing redeeming about Ryan and I don't enjoy watching him. 

While I was eating breakfast this morning, I happened across a fluff article about what goes on behind the scenes in reality TV shows. A reality show editor said people who treat the production crew like crap get edited to look like assh*les. I immediately thought of Ryan, but then began to wonder about several others on this crew, too.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Finally Ryan had to cook the squid the guests caught, being asked about it personally.  They also asked him about their fish, but waited until they were leaving the boat.  That fish would have taken more time to prep and debone.  Or is it the kind you can prepare whole?  This is a legitimate question because my whole life we always cleaned and deboned the fish we caught, but now when my husband brings home mojarra from the Mexican market, it is deep fried in its entirety, eyes, lips and all.  Took some getting used to...

• Useful 1
On 5/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, Oosala said:

I have never witnessed the level of insubordination Ryan shows the captain on any of the Below Deck shows.  I gasped when he just up and left the room while the captain was speaking.  There is nothing redeeming about Ryan and I don't enjoy watching him.  It's not entertainment.  It just leaves me with a very uncomfortable feeling.

Same here. I was shocked. In all the Below Deck iterations, this was a first. 

Couldn't help but wonder, what would have Captain Lee done if spoken to like that? Fired the kid on the spot ?

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Couldn't help but wonder, what would have Captain Lee done if spoken to like that? Fired the kid on the spot ?

He can't without a replacement.  He's been on the phone looking.  We'll see😎

• Like 1

I think going at Tumi like that will be Ryan's undoing. For one thing, it's apparent that Tumi is not the least bit intimidated by him and can hold her own. For another thing if Jason gets wind of this it will be the last straw. Interesting that he was shown texting with someone who said they did not have a chef available but then he was on the phone with someone telling them to look through some resumes. Was that for a different job? I can't see him replacing anyone else at this point. 

Benny says he will do all the tasks and then says it was 3 AM.  He has to be having fun to do the work because he's not a robot!

Benny and his ilk do not understand how jobs work. He thinks it's supposed to be fun. Same with Magda; she only responds to positive encouragement. They must have been spoiled brats growing up. Clearly from the participation trophy generation. Magda thinks Aesha is "bullying" her because she's telling her all the things she did wrong. As if her boss shouldn't do that. She should only praise her for the things she's done right I guess huh?

Jamie has waited the entire season to tell that story, on-camera. There's something really off about him.

Yeah, the story itself was heart breaking but I agree there's something off about him, he's had way too many different jobs for his age, and why isn't he still a police officer? 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think going at Tumi like that will be Ryan's undoing. For one thing, it's apparent that Tumi is not the least bit intimidated by him and can hold her own. For another thing if Jason gets wind of this it will be the last straw. Interesting that he was shown texting with someone who said they did not have a chef available but then he was on the phone with someone telling them to look through some resumes. Was that for a different job? I can't see him replacing anyone else at this point. 

Magda?

25 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, the story itself was heart breaking but I agree there's something off about him, he's had way too many different jobs for his age, and why isn't he still a police officer? 

Some people are restless: they find out a job isn't what it said it was on the tin and move on. Other reasons, layoffs, downsizing, the Pandemic may have also caused people to rethink their jobs/careers, etc. He seems like a good bloke -- he just needs to learn to be a firmer leadership figure.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Benny and his ilk do not understand how jobs work. He thinks it's supposed to be fun. Same with Magda; she only responds to positive encouragement. They must have been spoiled brats growing up. Clearly from the participation trophy generation. Magda thinks Aesha is "bullying" her because she's telling her all the things she did wrong. As if her boss shouldn't do that. She should only praise her for the things she's done right I guess huh?

This show should be called Bravo's Big Boat of Brats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Interesting that he was shown texting with someone who said they did not have a chef available but then he was on the phone with someone telling them to look through some resumes. Was that for a different job? I can't see him replacing anyone else at this point. 

Maybe he's looking for a new captain- wants to get as far away from these whining brats as possible.  😉

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He seems too tightly wound.  IDK I can't put my finger on it but he just doesn't seem to know how to relax and have a good time.  I get him being from Australia he might not enjoy the crocodile tour as much as the others but he seemed utterly bored and not really engaging with everyone else.  And at dinner him and Brittini were discussing a Beatles song and she drunkenly called him a bitch.  Dude.  I didn't really see her calling him that as a big deal.  

On 5/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, snarts said:

Just when I think Ryan can't sink any lower, he does. If you're going to talk shit about someone, be a big enough person to own your comments.  Coming after Tumi for giving Aesha a heads up on what was being said about her was pathetic. It was obvious from the first time he tried to pull Tumi in on the smack talk that she didn't agree with him. It's his own fault that he chose to continue bitching at the table. Loved that Tumi essentially dismissed him. I really wish Captain Jason had a backup chef, I'd so love to see Ryan fired. 

Magda is just so entitled and lazy. I do wish that the captain had been a bit clearer with her about the data usage. As it is, she thought he was referring to her being on her phone and believed Aesha somehow ratted her out.  

I find Jamie interesting and like that he's had a different background than most. I do see how he can come across as a bit cold/distant to other members of the crew. I was happy to see him open up a bit with Britini & Aesha at dinner.

I agree on all your points!

Ryan, I just can't with him.  He is such a BITCH.  He made Aesha cry.  I know she got over it, but you could tell from the look on her face after she heard the shit he was spewing, that it really cut her deep.  Tumi was right, Ryan is the last person to complain about other co-worker's work ethic.  I so wish Captain found a replacement for him.  It would have been soooooooooo satisfying to have seen Captain fire Ryan when Ryan gave him attitude.  So satisfying.

Magda....ugh.  She is dumber than a box of rocks.  She really thinks Aesha outed her excessive iPhone use to the captain??  Magda's only defense is she did not do it in front of the guests!  Well, Captain should have figured out how much data she used during the last charter, figured out how many hours that would take and back it out of 48 hours (including sleep) and see just how much time she spent on charter, hiding so she can text her boyfriend.  Another deadbeat worker that grew up with participation trophies and no constructive criticism.

• Love 2

Like crocs that are locked in a loch, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast…

Benny: “I’m not a robot!”  Yeah, mate, you’re not really a deckhand either.

Jamie tries to throw Brittini under the bus – even though she works far more than, say, Benny?  Threatened much?  And Brittini continues to flake the anchor chain.

Tumi called it exactly right when she said discipline (for Magda) was not going to come from Aesha.  That’s because Aesha is totally unsuited to a job as Chief Stew.

Jamie (to Brittini):  “Get in the effing chain locker and do your job.”  Really?  Since Brittini has more balls than the rest of the male deck crew you’re going to punish her for doing what the others can’t or won’t?  You’re an ass, Jamie.  Donkeys-with-long-ears are less of an ass than you.

Ryan (regarding his words to the Captain): “I don’t regret a single word I said.”  You will, mate.  You will.

So, “Entertainment Officer” Culver steals bacon from the plate intended for guests?  You douche.

Tumi, speaking about the departing party:  “They were the cleanest guests we’ve had.”  Surprising.

Captain Jason: “Rest and relaxation are part of the job.”  No, really, they aren’t.  You’ve got too many resting and relaxing during the charter.  Text and phones much?

So… the Captain says how he wants to see change, implying that if change happens, things will be OK.  But in the meantime, he’s actively trying to replace people.  Doesn’t really inspire trust/loyalty, even though Ryan is a dick and Magda is lazy.

Ryan: “I know Aesha would love to see me off this boat.”  Sorta right.  We’d all like to see that.

Magda’s phone usage – good heavens, you could probably fit the entire Library of Congress into her phone usage with room to spare.

The van ride into town – I’ll take a seat in the ladies van, please!

Jamie really needs to get over himself.  You don’t demand respect – you get respect by your own actions.

How can you take a journey on the crocodile boat and not fantasize about who you want to fall in?  Ryan, first choice.  Tie between Benny and Culver for number 2.

Ryan and Magda – the useless leading the hopeless.

Aesha – it’s about time you learnt the lesson that you can’t be best buddies with those who work for you.  They won’t like you or respect you.  Sort people out and have them do their jobs.

How does this boat even stay afloat?

I’d like to say I’m looking forward to next week, but that would be an utter lie.  More like cringing for next week.  We’ll see.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tanukisan said:

Like crocs that are locked in a loch, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast…

Benny: “I’m not a robot!”  Yeah, mate, you’re not really a deckhand either.

Jamie tries to throw Brittini under the bus – even though she works far more than, say, Benny?  Threatened much?  And Brittini continues to flake the anchor chain.

Tumi called it exactly right when she said discipline (for Magda) was not going to come from Aesha.  That’s because Aesha is totally unsuited to a job as Chief Stew.

Jamie (to Brittini):  “Get in the effing chain locker and do your job.”  Really?  Since Brittini has more balls than the rest of the male deck crew you’re going to punish her for doing what the others can’t or won’t?  You’re an ass, Jamie.  Donkeys-with-long-ears are less of an ass than you.

Ryan (regarding his words to the Captain): “I don’t regret a single word I said.”  You will, mate.  You will.

So, “Entertainment Officer” Culver steals bacon from the plate intended for guests?  You douche.

Tumi, speaking about the departing party:  “They were the cleanest guests we’ve had.”  Surprising.

Captain Jason: “Rest and relaxation are part of the job.”  No, really, they aren’t.  You’ve got too many resting and relaxing during the charter.  Text and phones much?

So… the Captain says how he wants to see change, implying that if change happens, things will be OK.  But in the meantime, he’s actively trying to replace people.  Doesn’t really inspire trust/loyalty, even though Ryan is a dick and Magda is lazy.

Ryan: “I know Aesha would love to see me off this boat.”  Sorta right.  We’d all like to see that.

Magda’s phone usage – good heavens, you could probably fit the entire Library of Congress into her phone usage with room to spare.

The van ride into town – I’ll take a seat in the ladies van, please!

Jamie really needs to get over himself.  You don’t demand respect – you get respect by your own actions.

How can you take a journey on the crocodile boat and not fantasize about who you want to fall in?  Ryan, first choice.  Tie between Benny and Culver for number 2.

Ryan and Magda – the useless leading the hopeless.

Aesha – it’s about time you learnt the lesson that you can’t be best buddies with those who work for you.  They won’t like you or respect you.  Sort people out and have them do their jobs.

How does this boat even stay afloat?

I’d like to say I’m looking forward to next week, but that would be an utter lie.  More like cringing for next week.  We’ll see.

So much to love in this post. I continue to love Tumi.

Rest and relaxation AFTER the job.

That bit about Magda's phone usage. Good lord. 

Ryan and Magda complaining about every one else. I'm not surprised they hang together. You're the assholes.

About the crocodile boat. Oops, they fell in.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 2

I'm no Magda fan but I have disliked Aesha from her first season & she's the same obnoxious person still only with arrogance of her "chief" position.  Her voice, to me, is like nails on a chalkboard. She may be good at her job but managing people isn't her strong suit.  Ryan needs to go. I don't even understand the conflict between him & Aesha except personality types clash. He's got those black eyes though & he doesn't seem on the up & up if you know what I mean. Culver & Brittini (love it but) I'm afraid Brit has been friend zoned by every guy she's been connected with. Love her nose ring on her but notice she removed in front of guests. It suits her & gives her personality.  Even my husband thinks she's the hottest chick on the boat. She shouldn't have called her Bosun a "bitch" though. Love Culver's "Crocodile Dun-Culver." Glad to see all excited about the boat/croc tour. Captain being hands on is so amazing. Taking out trash...I'd be furious too if I were him. Not his job . They should have had the ship looking 💯٪ before night out .

On 9/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, rur said:

A reality show editor said people who treat the  act like themselves toward production crew like crap get edited to look like assh*les caught acting like themselves on camera. I immediately thought of Ryan, but then began to wonder about several others on this crew, too.

Fixed that for the authors of that article. When you're an asshole, you act like it towards everyone and at all times. Camera pointed towards the individual is rarely an antidote for an asshole attitude. 

• LOL 1

Ryan and Magda complaining about every one else. I'm not surprised they hang together. You're the assholes.

Yeah what does it say about these two that they are commiserating? The other person Ryan thinks "gets him" is Benny. 

I'm really suspicious about the charter guests this season, and this last group had me scratching my head. Jason said the primary bought and started his own party boat business. So why would he charter some other boat? For a bachelor party, no less? Wouldn't he just use his own party boat(s)? That and the fact that he knew Jason really made me think they are just rounding up people they know to play charter guests for the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, pasdetrois said:

I figure Ryan knows the captain is seeking a replacement - after all, we see this every season - and that's one reason why he's being an egregious jerk. He's waiting to be marched off the boat. The other reason is he's a terrible person.

Is this EVER going to happen? I keep hoping the captain brings on board Chef "eat my cooter" Rachel. Love seeing and describing what she's prepared for the guests. She is THE best chef ever on any of these "high end" rental yachts.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Is this EVER going to happen? I keep hoping the captain brings on board Chef "eat my cooter" Rachel. Love seeing and describing what she's prepared for the guests. She is THE best chef ever on any of these "high end" rental yachts.

Rachel brought it with her food.

• Like 3
On 9/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Tanukisan said:

[...]

[...]

This is the story of my life.  I "befriended" nearly everyone who ever worked for me--and I generally had the same shitty results.  (One time my secretary tossed a 30-page handwritten document back at me and said, "You know how to type, ___________last name.")

I didn't understand it then, I don't really understand it now, but it's very interesting to see the dynamic from a third-person/camera lens perspective.

#####

I think the Captain missed a critical detail when he described Magda's data usage as "ten times more than anyone else's."  It was ten times more than everyone else's, put together!  

Blerg, I can't stand poor Magda and her indignant self-pity.  Feed her to the crocs.

• Like 1
On 9/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, Bossa Nova said:

Same here. I was shocked. In all the Below Deck iterations, this was a first. 

He did, with Leon, for less egregious insubordination (but also causing a kitchen fire by not ever cleaning the oven).  He asked Leon as a professional to stay for one last dinner but Leon said no, so the guests got the infamous oysters with grenadine (causing the primary to actually barf) and salad with Oreos dinner prepared by Rocky of the fabled culinary degree.  Finally Eddie the bosun stepped in to cook the steaks so the guests could have something edible.

Then Captain Sandy fired a chef mid-charter and the crew took over with disastrous results.

I think since those incidents Captains are reticent about firing even the worst chefs without a backup, since no one else on board knows how to cook.