Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: Tangled Up In Blue

DanaK
  • Start Topic

When Erin is stalked by a man who was recently released from prison after serving 12 years, she enlists Anthony and Danny to investigate her office's role in his sentencing. Also, Jamie works to save his badge when he is caught driving under the influence after he is unknowingly given drugs at a party, and Frank navigates multiple family issues as he deals with a troubling medical diagnosis for Henry, as well as Jamie's DUI, on the CBS Original series BLUE BLOODS, Friday, April 29 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

That was a lot for an episode. The writing was bad.

Frank wanting a doctor to lie about cancer and the doctor doing it? 

Jamie doesn't want to go out to find who drugged him?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Artsda said:

That was a lot for an episode. The writing was bad.

Frank wanting a doctor to lie about cancer and the doctor doing it? 

Jamie doesn't want to go out to find who drugged him?

Everyone who attended the party knew who spiked the guacamole. All three stories were a stretch, and - meh. Hardly memorable. 

• Love 2

I saw Jamie's tie with diagonal stripes and thought "Jamie's raiding Barney Miller's tie closet." At the end, I liked that Jamie was willing to take a joke at work. Danny was having way too good a time making jokes at Jamie's expense, probably because he so rarely gets a chance to do so. 

I know TVLand is not the real world, but could someone explain to me the difference between an off duty police officer being pulled over for drunk driving (because alcohol is legal) and under the influene of THC/something similiar (because my understanding is that it was now legal in NYC).

Thanks to anyone who can help. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

Seriously.  That hanging chad was almost as frustrating as Erin's client last week

@ARTSDA said what you attributed to me…I responded that everyone already knew who spiked the guac. Try not to highlight phrases/sentences already in grey boxes as they are then attributed to the wrong person, again, I didn’t say that. If you want to respond to a comment in a grey box, kindly take the time to go find the original-you’ve got a time reference to help you find it. Thanks for listening. 

Henry can be a jerk sometimes but this time he’s right, Frank is a meddler and he has crossed the line.

Erin’s storyline was just stupid.👎🏻

The “Because I Got High” scene was so cringey, it wasn’t funny at all!!! 🙄🙄🙄

C3EE94D8-310E-4763-BD41-5041F3874832.jpeg

• Love 2

That moment when Eddie put her hand on Jamie's shoulder to offer him some comfort was probably the first time I've seen either one of them show any genuine affection towards each other. They have one weird ass marriage. 

• LOL 5

So who spiked the quac? I must not have been paying close enough attention.

If an elderly man has prostate cancer it's ok not to tell him because he's old and it will never get worse? wtf? Or does that only apply if said elderly man's  son is police commissioner and asking for a favor? 

2 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

Party of one here. I enjoyed this episode. 

Me too, though I got frustrated with Jamie not really trying to help himself. I was also a little appalled at Frank telling Henry's doctor not to tell him the cancer diagnosis

• Love 1

The spiker should have been arrested.  First, it's assault as someone does something to you against your will.  Second, if someone had caused and accident they'd totally be liable.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If an elderly man has prostate cancer it's ok not to tell him because he's old and it will never get worse? wtf? Or does that only apply if said elderly man's  son is police commissioner and asking for a favor? 

Medically and not as a TV trope, Is this true about elderly men and prostate cancer?

I've heard of a few younger males that had it and they met their demise rather quickly.

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier comment was that I enjoyed that the show made fun of itself for using outdated/dated slang. It was when Henry asked about something about "the sap who slipped you the Mickey" and Jamie responded with something about "a double-crossing dame." 

I don't know if a season of BB matches a year on the calendar, but with the kids naturally progressing through the grades and university the match is pretty darn close.

That said, when a case comes up and people are discussed from 12 years ago we better have seen them in season 1. But we didn't.  Sloppy writing that could have been handled by saying the case was 15 years ago, not 12.

Jamie refusing to harm someone else's career at the expense of his own is in contrast with previous situations where Jamie used the line "Well, that's on you" for repercussions that someone may endure.

Frank was out of line, ethically and legally with "advising" the doctor to not tell Henry, but to tell Frank, and in the street.

@Brian Cronin is bang on when he stated that Eddie's hand on Jamie's shuolder was the most caring/comforting/supportive that we have seen between the two. Raised "believably for their marriage" up to almost.

One of the few believable scenes was Frank''s "G team" arguing with Baker that "nah, the boss said what he said, but what he meant was ...." being good old boys until schooled by Baker who knows and reads Frank better than Frick and Frack.

Baez - any one miss Baez?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, zapper said:

That said, when a case comes up and people are discussed from 12 years ago we better have seen them in season 1. But we didn't.  Sloppy writing that could have been handled by saying the case was 15 years ago, not 12.

Shows NEVER do that and it drives me NUTS. Fucking Gunsmoke was on for 20 years and they would still pull out "Old buddy from 17 years ago" or whatever with a new character and it's, like, "WE WERE WATCHING YOU 17 YEARS AGO, MATT! WHAT THE SHIT?"

• LOL 2
On 4/30/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I saw Jamie's tie with diagonal stripes and thought "Jamie's raiding Barney Miller's tie closet." At the end, I liked that Jamie was willing to take a joke at work. Danny was having way too good a time making jokes at Jamie's expense, probably because he so rarely gets a chance to do so. 

I know TVLand is not the real world, but could someone explain to me the difference between an off duty police officer being pulled over for drunk driving (because alcohol is legal) and under the influene of THC/something similiar (because my understanding is that it was now legal in NYC).

Actually liked Jamie's tie.  What kind of tie was he suppose to wear?

17 hours ago, preeya said:

Medically and not as a TV trope, Is this true about elderly men and prostate cancer?

I've heard of a few younger males that had it and they met their demise rather quickly.

I’ve heard this as well. If it’s growing slowly, older men will likely die of something else

• Love 1

Frank had dialogue that explained it. In NYC, drug testing is mandatory for all employees of NYPD, with a no excuses, zero tolerance policy. You want to keep the job, you must test substance-free. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Shows NEVER do that and it drives me NUTS. Fucking Gunsmoke was on for 20 years and they would still pull out "Old buddy from 17 years ago" or whatever with a new character and it's, like, "WE WERE WATCHING YOU 17 YEARS AGO, MATT! WHAT THE SHIT?"

Hats off to you and @zapper! You’ve obviously NOT forgotten (tons) more than they’ll ever know! It’s the tech generation’s propensity for non-existent attention span (squirrel!). 

(edited)
4 hours ago, cameron said:

It wasn't meant as a bad/negative thing. I just thought it was amusing to see the cyclical nature of American fashion at work. It's the same thing as noticing Erin was wearing pussy-bows this season or last season. It's a random observation on fashion, not a judgement/criticism. 

Edited by Sarah 103
1 minute ago, Sarah 103 said:

It wasn't meant as a bad/negative thing. I just thought it was amusing to see the cyclical nature of American fashion at work. It's the same thing as noticing Erin was wearing pussy-bows this season or last season. It's a random observation on fashion, not a judgement/criticism. 

I guess i'm not sure what ties are suppose to look like these days.  Have always only bought rep ties or the tiny geometric shapes.

34 minutes ago, cameron said:

I guess i'm not sure what ties are suppose to look like these days.  Have always only bought rep ties or the tiny geometric shapes.

bow ties here.

YSL (i think) once said that fashion is as much timing as it is design. 

(edited)

There should be no difference. Even though cannabis is legal in New York State, it's still an intoxicant and if it's proven that you were under the influence of it you can get the same penalties as if you were drunk. One of the big arguments about legalization is that there's no equivalent of a breathalyzer to quickly determine if a driver is high when pulled over for a traffic infraction.

Now in this case, the department still forbids having any THC in the blood, rightly or wrongly, but not booze or tobacco. I don't know if that's real-world (I'm betting it very much is), but in the Reagan Police Department it's very much in force.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, jabRI said:

The spiker should have been arrested.  First, it's assault as someone does something to you against your will.  Second, if someone had caused and accident they'd totally be liable.

Why this wasn't the default story here I don't know. Dosing a cop would not be taken lightly by anybody, either higher-ups or cops in his command. 

6 hours ago, cameron said:

One that doesn't cause a horrible moire pattern on a viewer's TV screen. Solid colors, wide stripes, etc, are better than fine repeating patterns.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

There should be no difference. Even though cannabis is legal in New York State, it's still an intoxicant and if it's proven that you were under the influence of it you can get the same penalties as if you were drunk. One of the big arguments about legalization is that there's no equivalent of a breathalyzer to quickly determine if a driver is high when pulled over for a traffic infraction.

Now in this case, the department still forbids having any THC in the blood, rightly or wrongly, but not booze or tobacco. I don't know if that's real-world (I'm betting it very much is), but in the Reagan Police Department it's very much in force.

Why this wasn't the default story here I don't know. Dosing a cop would not be taken lightly by anybody, either higher-ups or cops in his command. 

One that doesn't cause a horrible moire pattern on a viewer's TV screen. Solid colors, wide stripes, etc, are better than fine repeating patterns.

The stripes look fairly wide, not fine to me.  Better than a solid color gangster tie to me.

3 hours ago, cameron said:

The stripes look fairly wide, not fine to me.  Better than a solid color gangster tie to me.

Exactly. Early TV shows had on-air talent wearing fine stripes that made TVs go nuts. Less of a thing now with HD, I guess.

There are laws that make the server liable for serving an intoxicating substance. “Most U.S. states have enacted a dram shop law on one kind or another, and New York is no exception. If you were injured through the wrongful behavior of another person, you are entitled to assert a personal injury claim against that person.” I suspect the girlfriend of Jamie’s law school classmate could be sued due to the consequences of her conduct, even if not a criminal consequence. That’s the part that was missing from the episode that would have made some sense, rather than give the impression she got away with it.

(edited)

This is at least the second doctor Frank has gotten to break privilege and this time he gets the doctor to hide the diagnosis 🙄.  This episode was so clunky.  It’s like they started 3 stories and just ran out of time.  I don’t see why Jamie, Mr. by-the-book, seemingly doesn’t care about at least confronting the person that drugged him.  The show is getting ridiculous, they could have kept Erin’s or Grandpa’s story, but shouldn’t have had both.  I mean all 3 were bad, but they should have gotten rid of at least one of those two.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, zapper said:

Meh about the case timeline.  It’s not like we get a 52 week window into the characters’ life every season.  It’s conceivable that there would be lots of cases offscreen.  I would also think that Erin might have worked with multiple other attorneys across trials, so not even bothered if we never saw the team leader that was being discussed. 

• Love 1