Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: The Reykjavik Ice Sculpture Festival Is Lovely This Time of Year

• Start Topic

A cryptic text leads Cassie to search for Megan in Reykjavík, where Shane grows increasingly suspicious of his friend’s erratic travels. Back in LA, Annie and Max face unexpected turbulence.

Original Airdate: April 28, 2022   

Alanna Ubach as Carol Atkinson/Black Market Carol
Griffin Matthews as Shane Evans
zosia-mamet_0.jpg?itok=WqSRAYIK
alanna-ubach-kaley-cuoco.jpg?itok=VnpRsJ

Edited by AnimeMania
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

A cryptic text leads Cassie to search for Megan in Reykjavík, where Shane grows increasingly suspicious of his friend’s erratic travels. Back in LA, Annie and Max face unexpected turbulence.

Original Airdate: April 28, 2022   

Alanna Ubach as Carol Atkinson/Black Market Carol
Griffin Matthews as Shane Evans
zosia-mamet_0.jpg?itok=WqSRAYIK
alanna-ubach-kaley-cuoco.jpg?itok=VnpRsJ

Shouldn't these be tagged as 2.03 and 2.04, not 1.03 and 1.04? (Thanks for starting the threads, though)

Edited by Llywela

I wonder if we'll see Carol again? Why bring in Alanna Ubach for just one scene?

I'm getting tired of the multiple Cassies in her head. IMO, it takes away from the story. Can't they show inner conflict without her having to have a convo with all of her alter egos? 

Since they were in Iceland, I was waiting for Fire Saga to be playing "Jaja Ding Dong" in one of the bars. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Did it not occur to Cassie that, by running around all over Reykjavik showing people Meghan's picture, she would be putting Meghan in danger? Again, I have no idea why anyone from the CIA thought she would be an "asset" to them. She's the most conspicuous "spy" of all time.

And why was Cassie so taken aback by the number of blonde women in Reykjavik if she's supposed to have been there many times with Meghan, based on the flashbacks of them drinking together?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

And why was Cassie so taken aback by the number of blonde women in Reykjavik if she's supposed to have been there many times with Meghan, based on the flashbacks of them drinking together?

It was a one of the funniest jokes of the episode.

Cassie's "mind clone" had just said: "At least you don't have to worry about your blonde double!"

• Love 4
On 4/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, chocolatine said:

Did it not occur to Cassie that, by running around all over Reykjavik showing people Meghan's picture, she would be putting Meghan in danger? 

I was seriously baffled by this, also by her being so certain that she wasn't being followed due to her insistence that she is a good agent, or whatever.  And also that she would have thought that if something nefarious really was going on and Megan was really being held or whatever at of these bars, that the bartenders would all immediately say "yep, she's here".

• Love 2
On 4/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, Atlanta said:

I'm getting tired of the multiple Cassies in her head. IMO, it takes away from the story. 

But I do really like teenage Cassie.

I wonder if we'll see Carol again? Why bring in Alanna Ubach for just one scene?

When they showed her in the airport, I said to my self that the actress looked really familiar but I couldn't figure out who she was.  She looked a bit like Bethany Frankel there, but I knew it wasn't her.  So I looked up who she was, and when I saw it was Alanna Ubach, I realized that I knew her from Girlfriends Guide To Divorce, but didn't even recognize her here because she looked, and acted, so different.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, Atlanta said:

When will this idiot learn to put her phone on silent?

Must be her thing, to always be in compromising positions.  Her phone almost got her killed if it wasn't for Miranda Ex Machina -- even the show seems to acknowledge how absurd it is by having the character say those words.

So no, she won't put the phone on silent.  And speaking of expenses which she shouldn't be able to afford, how about all those international calls?

She's in over her head, putting her friends in danger, as she's trying to help Megan.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, aghst said:

So no, she won't put the phone on silent.  And speaking of expenses which she shouldn't be able to afford, how about all those international calls?

You can get an international plan from Verizon for an additional $100 per month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We will 100% see her again, she'll probably be a major part of an arc. I look forward to it, I adore Ubach.

11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

You can get an international plan from Verizon for an additional $100 per month.

Not to mention I'd have to imagine international flight attendants have their phone plan subsidized by the job. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Grace is not allowed in Iceland. And she's a fentanyl dealer. I'm thinking she needs her own spinoff show because she's a riot.

Max's bro crush on Marco is so funny. I think he sees Marco as what he wants to be when he grows up. 🤠

Max's parents are a trip. It was funny to see Annie being a bit intimidated by them. Their personalities are even stronger than hers.

Is decapitated sheep's head actually a thing? Bleh. Hope the restaurants 100% remove the brains before they serve them.

Couldn't Cassie request to have the booze removed from her room?

Well, wonder who would want to get Cassie in the same place as Megan? Their plan was kinda out there though because what if Cassie hadn't figured out all the clues? Or ended up at that particular AA meeting?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is decapitated sheep's head actually a thing?

I don't know, but I'm bothered by the phrase. Unless the sheep is cooked and served in its entirety, "sheep's head" already implies that decapitation had taken place, therefore adding "decapitated" is redundant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Couldn't Cassie request to have the booze removed from her room?

Perhaps she didn’t think about it bring there since not all hotel rooms have minibars and she was probably distracted by trying to find Meghan.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

Perhaps she didn’t think about it bring there since not all hotel rooms have minibars and she was probably distracted by trying to find Meghan.

I found it strange that this particular hotel had the bottles sitting on an open shelf in the middle of the room. I've stayed in many hotels all over the world and all of them had the minibar bottles and snacks in a cabinet, behind a door. What happens if bottles fall down and break, would the guest have to pay for them? Not to mention the liability of having shards of broken glass in the carpet, which is difficult to completely remove.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

She went through a whole panic trying not to drink any of the booze. That's why she ended up going to an AA meeting. But it seemed to me she could've saved herself further trouble about it by requesting it be removed, especially since all those bottles were just sitting there in plain sight.

• Love 2

No wonder Annie was in a panic, Max's parents are just as intense as she is, no wonder Max gravitated towards her despite being rather easy going himself. I hope they make it through this alive and together, it seems clear that Annie does want to commit to Max, she's just panicking about being with one person and getting serious. 

Cassie cant be that surprised at seeing a million blond people in Iceland, its kind of what they're known for. Cassie, I feel like the number one thing they teach spies is that they should keep their phone on silent

Still very much enjoying the season.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, Atlanta said:

THIS. And her ringtone is ridiculously annoying!

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

No wonder Annie was in a panic, Max's parents are just as intense as she is, no wonder Max gravitated towards her despite being rather easy going himself. I hope they make it through this alive and together, it seems clear that Annie does want to commit to Max, she's just panicking about being with one person and getting serious.

Max’s parents were almost as annoying as Cassie’s ringtone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, peachmangosteen said:

This season is so fun! I’m having a blast watching it. 

Me too! I binge watch a coupe at a time. The whole premise is keeping me entertained!

On 4/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, Atlanta said:

No Cassie! Don't ever turn your phone off! it is hilarious when her phone rings at the most inopportune times! The character is a ditz. I love it!

• Love 1

I hope they make it through this alive and together, it seems clear that Annie does want to commit to Max, she's just panicking about being with one person and getting serious. 

I she though? Clearly she has commitment issues; she wouldn't even commit to Max being her boyfriend in Season 1. She's taking baby steps and Max is really pushing her by taking her to meet his parents and expecting her to act like they are engaged when she won't even admit that to herself. Then he got all pissy about it because she wasn't nice enough to his parents. She wasn't rude, she just didn't want to play along with everyone's assumptions. Max maybe needs to find someone else.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I she though? Clearly she has commitment issues; she wouldn't even commit to Max being her boyfriend in Season 1. She's taking baby steps and Max is really pushing her by taking her to meet his parents and expecting her to act like they are engaged when she won't even admit that to herself. Then he got all pissy about it because she wasn't nice enough to his parents. She wasn't rude, she just didn't want to play along with everyone's assumptions. Max maybe needs to find someone else.

Yeah. The parents basically had her married and pregnant (The mother gave her tea to make her extra fertile)-- and Annie's line of (Paraphrasing) I'll just sit here and eat while you all plan out my life for me thank you very much! < or whatever she said was perfect! 

• Love 4
On 5/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, taanja said:

Yeah. The parents basically had her married and pregnant (The mother gave her tea to make her extra fertile)-- and Annie's line of (Paraphrasing) I'll just sit here and eat while you all plan out my life for me thank you very much! < or whatever she said was perfect! 

Annie is incredibly annoying. She has a right to not want to get married and have kids! So just tell Max that. This wanting to have it both ways is incredibly dishonest, shows a complete lack of integrity, and makes her exactly the kind of person I've removed from my life any number of times over the years. Now she's in my living room. Gah.

I love Black Market Carol. Single best thing in the episode. I need a spin-off.

38 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

nnie is incredibly annoying. She has a right to not want to get married and have kids! So just tell Max that

This! Just own up and tell him. Right now she’s just leading him on and playing it off as lolz I’m just different to other girls coz im a commitment phobe lolz.

• Love 1