Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Mushrooms, Tasers, and Bears, Oh My!

• Start Topic

kaley-cuoco_2.jpg?itok=q9jYRQZ6

After revealing her secret side gig to Annie and Max, Cassie sets out to find the woman who’s been impersonating her – and zeros in on enigmatic new flight attendant Grace. 

mae-martin.jpg?itok=LamxL16o

T.R. Knight as Davey Bowden         Cassie             Santiago Cabrera as Marco

t-r-knight-kaley-cuoco-santiago-cabrera.

Jessie Ennis as Jenny

jessie-ennis.jpg?itok=3ts0Y24R
Shohreh Aghdashloo as Brenda

shohreh-aghdashloo.jpg?itok=mCfXngm4

kaley-cuoco_1.jpg?itok=zQUvGFF7

I am not really enjoying this, I think it lost all of the things that made the first Season so interesting. It is too glossy and overly complicated compared to the first Season. 

First Season, nobody really cares who killed the guy and why, people wanted to know if Cassie was going to get herself killed because of her compulsive need to try and figure out what happened. This season the bombing is the focus of the story and is needlessly complicated with tons of additional side stories and shady characters. I am already forgetting a lot of crucial details.

First Season, was slow, casual and funny. This season everybody talks so fast and the amount of information thrown at you is too much.

First Season, Cassie was pretty much alone with maybe one other person helping her figure out what was going. This season Cassie has so many friends and people helping her, it kind of makes your head spin.

Why is Cassie lying so much for no good reason, she is just lying to be lying. Grace is going to think that Cassie drink the wine even though Cassie is supposed to be sober now. The best lies are the ones closest to the truth.

Cassie better hope that no one ever bugs her house because she is always talking about things that she should be keeping secret.

Annie is a lawyer and she has a giant tattoo on the palm of her hand. That doesn't seem very professional.

I can already tell that the show has lost it's one drunk woman against the world charm.

• Love 9

Oh wow, I found that really fun. I’m glad she told Annie and Max. I wasn’t interested in watching her lie to everyone and do everything alone again.

The stuff with Megan is very confusing but it’s supposed to be. I hope we get some answers next week though because it’s not really something I think should last all season.

The first episode, I was suspicious that Grace was the one pretending to be her and now I’m suspicious it’s the woman at AA. 

• Love 11

Some comments in the first ep thread made me remember I also don't trust Cassie's boyfriend or sponsor. So, basically, I don't trust any of the new characters lol.

I completely forgot about the last scene with the couple that like I guess copied Cassie's cell phone data at the Berlin hotel. It seems too obvious that that woman is the one pretending to be Cassie though.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the first two episodes.  And I'm glad they're doling them out 2 at a time.  Last season I ended up binging the season towards the end and it was a lot. 

It's funny people are talking about how they don't trust anyone.  That's me too.  I'm even suspicious of her brother.  Ha. 

I knew Marco wasn't as perfect as he seemed.  Moving in with someone after dating for 6 months when they're only a year into recovery?  That seems too fast and makes me think his recovery isn't as stable as he seems.  Max's crush on him is awesome, though.  And Annie's horrible interview was hilarious.

• Love 9

I'd forgotten about Annie's former job, and her interview was funny. I really like her, and her fiance.

I wonder about her boyfriend, and her sponsor, and figured the girl at AA had more interest in Cassie that she should. It sounds like she just followed Cassie to AA, I wonder if she really needs to be there at all.

I know it's probably just a sound stage, but at the end, her neighbourhood looked so pretty. 

• Love 7

You can say the plot is too convoluted or what are the odds she's going to get into more intrigue?

Well she did take on the job for the CIA so this isn't going to be some SATC romp about life and love with Cassie and her friends and coworkers.

There is always going to be some plot revolving around her.

You can say she is trying to fill some hole in her life pursuing these suspenseful scenarios or she's driven by FOMO or is a kind of adrenaline junkie, drawn to possible danger.

So she shouldn't be going well beyond her CIA assignments or follow Grace around.

OTOH, she observes suspicious things and it's also clear she's being targeted, by the mysterious couple as well as the CIA not letting her know there's more going on than the simple assignments they give her.

The Megan plot has been building since season 1.  She's also involved in a lot more than she's let on and now she's trying to make some poison as part of an effort to exonerate herself?  That sounds more than one woman who was recruited by the North Koreans to spy on her husband's computer.  Seems like she's pretty deep in the spy game.

Inside the Episode went into some depth about the Mind Palace, where Cassie's alter egos reside and where she has these convos with them.  There may be 5 or 7 alter egos.

I can see Cassie being conflicted with doing all these extra curricular things.  What seems to be missing so far is a governor to rein in her impulses, because she doesn't seem that skillful or stealthy when she was right behind Grace in broad daylight.

She should have some fear or PTSD after the events of last season and now the explosion.  There has to be at least one instance of an inner voice telling her to pursue safety, damn her curiosity or need for thrills.

OTOH, if the couple are running some kind of operation to target her, she has to try to find out as much as possible, because the CIA seems to be keeping her in the dark.

If she simply got out of the game, like stopped working for the CIA, would she be left alone?  Or did she somehow witness something without realizing the significance.  Well she thinks the guy was bombed by the suitcase and the CIA is telling her it was a gas line accident.

BTW, you would think there's more to Brenda than meets the eye.  They don't cast that actress to play a background part.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 4

I liked they introduced a bad-drunk alter ego to in this episode to balance out the fun-drunk alter ego.

Usually folks in the pink cloud don't have that much trouble around a glass of rose, so I assume she's headed for a fall fairly soon. 

20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I knew Marco wasn't as perfect as he seemed.  Moving in with someone after dating for 6 months when they're only a year into recovery?  That seems too fast and makes me think his recovery isn't as stable as he seems.  Max's crush on him is awesome, though.  And Annie's horrible interview was hilarious.

Loving Max's bro-crush, it's such a specific and real thing (obviously heightened).

So glad this is back. The only drawback is that I've definitely pretty much forgotten Megan's whole deal.

• Love 6
On 4/22/2022 at 2:30 PM, peachmangosteen said:

The first episode, I was suspicious that Grace was the one pretending to be her and now I’m suspicious it’s the woman at AA. 

I thought about that too, but the AA woman has a very different body than Cassie. She would not have looked like that in her underwear like the woman in the Berlin hotel. Still, she is up to something pumping the brother for information.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, aghst said:

What seems to be missing so far is a governor to rein in her impulses, because she doesn't seem that skillful or stealthy when she was right behind Grace in broad daylight.

That has really bothered me....she did it with the mark when she followed him, and she did it following Grace.  In both cases, I kept waiting for it either to have been a trick, and they were knowingly leading her on a wild goose chase, or for them to turn around abruptly and say something to Cassie like "Why the hell are you following me?"  I also found it completely unrealistic in ep 1 that she would have said to Grace that she has to work when they get to Berlin.  I don't buy for a second that her character would make that slip.  Also, do people really have someone over to their apartment who they barely know, and then leave the bathroom door partially open when they shower?

• Love 4

Well, I liked this episode better than I thought I would after the first one.  I don't trust anyone around Cassie either other than her original good friend, but I wonder if that creepy girl that bought her necklace at AA is not up to anything other than being a creepy girl at AA.  She sure looks like she's up to something, though.

And I'm sticking to my feeling last week that Cassie will be headed for falling off the wagon re: alcohol at some point.  It may not be for good, but she still looks to be on shaky ground if the good and bad alter egos are still plaguing her.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Well, I liked this episode better than I thought I would after the first one.  I don't trust anyone around Cassie either other than her original good friend, but I wonder if that creepy girl that bought her necklace at AA is not up to anything other than being a creepy girl at AA.  She sure looks like she's up to something, though.

And I'm sticking to my feeling last week that Cassie will be headed for falling off the wagon re: alcohol at some point.  It may not be for good, but she still looks to be on shaky ground if the good and bad alter egos are still plaguing her.

The scariest thing regarding the woman in AA is that she clearly knew Cassie’s last name since she knew her story thus is clearly stalking her.   I just wish her brother was more observant about this crazy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Where does the brother live? He flew to LA to see her get her chip, right? And as seen in season one, he didn't live in NYC either.

What on earth is Megan up to?

The AA woman is creeping me out. I love true crime podcasts as much as the next person, but if you want to interview someone it's always best to be up front and honest. And you have to be very respectful. I'm pretty much side eyeing everyone in Cassie's life other than Annie, Max, her sponsor (Brenda?), and her brother. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Where does the brother live? He flew to LA to see her get her chip, right? And as seen in season one, he didn't live in NYC either.

What on earth is Megan up to?

The AA woman is creeping me out. I love true crime podcasts as much as the next person, but if you want to interview someone it's always best to be up front and honest. And you have to be very respectful. I'm pretty much side eyeing everyone in Cassie's life other than Annie, Max, her sponsor (Brenda?), and her brother. 

I have the first season running again, as I do other things. She just said that her brother lives in Denver.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Anela said:

I have the first season running again, as I do other things. She just said that her brother lives in Denver.

That seems to track pretty well since Denver is fairly close to LA and I think he and his spouse are having marital problems, so he is not in any hurry to return.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

That seems to track pretty well since Denver is fairly close to LA and I think he and his spouse are having marital problems, so he is not in any hurry to return.

But at the Farmer's Market, didn't the brother say to the vendor that he'd been there a while and was planning to stay another month?  I think I need to rewatch that scene.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ditto comments upthread, I think Grace knew Cassie was following her. Cassie is just not very good at surveillance. At least this time she wasn't wearing a red coat.

Has Annie never interviewed for a job before? You really want to minimize the jewelry you wear so it doesn't become a distraction.

Surely Cassie knows that temporary tattoos are a thing. I don't think Grace is necessarily exonerated because she didn't have the back tattoo.

Yeah, that chick Jenny pushing up on Cassie's brother seems sus. Too aggressively friendly.

So who is Megan getting ready to poison? It's almost like she's on a separate show thinly connected to this one.

"Cringe-inducingly abhorrent." So many syllables just to say "bad." 😏

What kind of gun was "Gabrielle" hiding behind her back? It looked like a toy to me in that bright color.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I really liked the first two episodes, although they're making me feel paranoid! There are so many possibly sketchy people around Cassie, my current main suspect is her AA sponsor, Shohreh Aghdashloo is a pretty well known actress for a minor role, although Cassie's fangirl from AA seems like the most obvious lead. If she really is a spy she seems to really suck at her job, she's really screaming "Cassie's stalker" at the top of her lungs. Or is that the point? Her new friend is the one who could best pose at Cassie though, and that ripped photo of her time in the army just screams secrets. Who was that person in the picture who was torn off? Its also possible that multiple people around Cassie are sketchy but for unrelated reasons, like how seemingly a dozen people on that one flight that started everyone in season one all had totally different secret agendas. 

Annie's awkward interview was funny, I love Annie and Max. I hope they make it out unscathed. 

• Love 3
On 4/23/2022 at 3:57 AM, aghst said:

BTW, you would think there's more to Brenda than meets the eye.  They don't cast that actress to play a background part.

I've loved her since "BEHROOZ!!"

• LOL 2
On 5/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, tennisgurl said:

Annie's awkward interview was funny...

It was funny, but it also strained credulity. Last season, for all her unconventional quirkiness, she was smart. So, she wants this job, right? She flew all the way to LA for the interview? And she doesn't know how to avoid saying stuff that raises ethical red flags all over the place? 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, Milburn Stone said:

It was funny, but it also strained credulity. Last season, for all her unconventional quirkiness, she was smart. So, she wants this job, right? She flew all the way to LA for the interview? And she doesn't know how to avoid saying stuff that raises ethical red flags all over the place? 

I'm wondering if Annie tanked the interview on purpose?

• Useful 1