Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E18: Last Dance

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

When an infamous arms dealer, Reymundo Diaz, is released from prison and bodies start piling up, Torres is forced to face the repercussions of his actions during an undercover operation he worked on years ago.

I was so hoping Torres would be dead by the end of the episode. Too little of everyone else...and God, was it slow and boring....even with the gunfire....boring, boring, boring..

I will admit to being surprised by Torres' drug of choice being booze and not violent fighting....

Other than that, I got nothing. I did hear them say they had "scenes from the next episode"...and all I saw was a promo for NCIS Hawai'i...which has zilch interest to me...

So, if anyone is looking for a cure of insomnia, this episode is surely it....zzzzzzzz

• Love 8
1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

I was so hoping Torres would be dead by the end of the episode. Too little of everyone else...and God, was it slow and boring....even with the gunfire....boring, boring, boring..

I will admit to being surprised by Torres' drug of choice being booze and not violent fighting....

Other than that, I got nothing. I did hear them say they had "scenes from the next episode"...and all I saw was a promo for NCIS Hawai'i...which has zilch interest to me...

So, if anyone is looking for a cure of insomnia, this episode is surely it....zzzzzzzz

Torres cannot carry an episode by himself. He needs to be in the background. I did like the girl, Maria, that was his "assignment."

As for Diaz, he pays a million dollars in an attempt to get revenge on Torres, while dying of cancer, and then takes a bullet to his forehead from Torres. Who writes this shit?  And since when did Torres become a boozer??

Edited by preeya
  • Love 5

Despite all of the shooting, this was one incredibly dull, boring episode. Extremely predictable, with no twists whatsoever, I was hoping there would be some twist but there was nothing, and there was way too much Torres and way too little of everyone else - Jimmy had about 2 lines and McGee and Knight didn’t get much more. Torres frequently bores me, he comes off as whiny. So yeah this episode was a complete snoozefest.

• Love 10

I agree, it did move slowly.

Have we finally been given a reason for Nicks crummy attitude?

Question: Were the "counseling session" scenes dimly lit? (it could be the tv I was watching.)

I originally liked Torres as an addition to the team - he was somewhat lighthearted and fun at times.  Since Gibbs and Bishop left (taking their beyond boring angst with them), the show has turned Torres into a moody, whiny, angry alcoholic.   So now he's the guy picking up all the angst we got rid of with the other two.   Show, give us a break.  I'd say that most of us want the crime of the week and our heroes catching the bad guys.  Who the hell watching a crime show wants to watch the heroes in therapy - this isn't Dr. Phil or Iyanla Fix My Life or Ophra.    I like Dr Grace and I had even liked Jack (remember her?)  but c'mon already!

The other day I read that they are bringing on an actress to play Parker's ex-wife and it's going to be for multi episodes.   So that will either be angst filled or they'll be the "cute" bickering back and forth exes.  Another trope I can't f-ing stand.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

The other day I read that they are bringing on an actress to play Parker's ex-wife and it's going to be for multi episodes.   So that will either be angst filled or they'll be the "cute" bickering back and forth exes.  Another trope I can't f-ing stand.  

Teri Polo will be playing the ex. I have always liked her; and she could not be worse than Wilbur Vs character. He seems to sleepwalk through the entire show. Every week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

I originally liked Torres as an addition to the team - he was somewhat lighthearted and fun at times.  Since Gibbs and Bishop left (taking their beyond boring angst with them), the show has turned Torres into a moody, whiny, angry alcoholic.   So now he's the guy picking up all the angst we got rid of with the other two.   Show, give us a break.  I'd say that most of us want the crime of the week and our heroes catching the bad guys.

What is it with this show turning once likable characters into dour, wooden, single minded bores?  So far McGee and Palmer have escaped that fate, but Ellie, Gibbs, Jack, Fornell, to a certain point Ziva and Vance, and now Torres, all became bitter and one dimensional.  Methinks someone in the writer's room has issues beyond the obvious daddy ones. 

• Love 4

All I can think is that they are still setting it up for Torres' exit since Wilmer has other projects lined up especially Zorro.  Otherwise, I got nothing but more mopey Torres does not a good show make...

• Love 5

Shit episode. Cannot believe 2 long-time(?) Ncis writers Brandan Fehily and David J North could write such soap operatic dreck.

I try not to get riled up about shows, but it's a bit disrespectful that Torres calls McGee frequently this episode with updates, and not Parker the leader. Luckily Parker is so laidback and chill he doesn't care. And Parker should have had a scene with Dr Grace to follow up on his dreaded psych eval.

I always wished I could trade Torres away, and put in FBI: Most Wanted's Ortiz (calm, professional, low-key, buddy to all).

Now that the Torres obligation is done, the last 3 eps of this season can focus on Knight and most importantly, mysterious leader Parker. (They dgaf about showcasing McGee since his "Docked" mother-in-law on cruise ship ep early this season)

Parker's ex-wife will only be in this season's finale, then a recurring character next season. I'm guessing the finale will be the Raven biotoxin baddy (who poisoned Jimmy and Kasie in the lab).

• Love 3

Maybe the writers were doing an homage to the whole Tony/Jean storyline. 🙄 I was getting all sorts of unpleasant flashbacks, been there, done that. Dr Grace was the only difference and the best part of this episode.

• Love 3

I didn’t like this episode, either, but for a different reason. Doesn’t matter who they are, I hate episodes where the white hats are hunted. 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:38 PM, preeya said:

And since when did Torres become a boozer??

I guess that’s the writer’s take-away from his recent petulant behavior. 

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He feels Gibbs "abandoned" him. 🙄🙄

It was pretty clear his father abandoned him. Gibbs, Ellie, the others just followed suit (in his mind). An adult brain would realize that people change their priorities and move on. Has nothing to do with him. 
If this is going to end, I’d rather it be with lighter fare and include the whole cast. 

• Love 3

I didn't hate it. It's just a story that has been done more than once all over the franchise (DiNozzo, Callen, Deeks, Sam come to mind) not to mention other shows, so it gets tedious. But I liked Maria's actress - she sold all the conflicting emotions and brought the character to life.

I'm glad show finally caught up with the times and does not therapy treat as a joke anymore. Doctor Grace will hopefully return.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

But I liked Maria's actress - she sold all the conflicting emotions and brought the character to life.

I actually wasn't wild about her portrayal.  In spite of the words she was saying that conveyed turmoil, she seemed too light-hearted with Nick.