Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Call Me Tiny Boo-Boo

• Start Topic

On 3/31/2022 at 11:11 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Kat has to deal with the consequences of her past actions and make a big decision about her relationship.

I do not like the sound of this

Maybe they can have Oscar quit his current job and go into business with Nick.  Oscar certainly liked the food he served in his competing business.  No really, Oscar bemoans what's happened when Kat dumps him (or they break up by mutual decision) which keeps him on the show.  Kat breaks up with Oscar and Max happily continues to date Nicole, despite the Kat kiss.  Ouch!

• Love 2

I'm sad that Kat broke up with Oscar because I really liked them together. That said, proposing was way too soon in my opinion. In any case, it looks like Max will be staying with his current gf so Kat is going to find herself alone for awhile. Basically, if her goal was to break up with Oscar to be with Max, that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

In any case, it looks like Max will be staying with his current gf so Kat is going to find herself alone for awhile. Basically, if her goal was to break up with Oscar to be with Max, that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. 

Yep. I called that back here   I’ve sent the same formulaic trope in other shows. To have Kat and Max both be conveniently available this early in the series would kill the anticipation. 

I actually wouldn’t mind her getting involved with Nick. Yeah, he came across like a tool, but I’m hoping it’s because the writers went a little overboard portraying him that way and that they make him more 2-dimensional instead of a 1-dimension doooosh

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

That said, proposing was way too soon in my opinion.

I don't necessarily think proposing after a year of dating is too soon. However, it seems like in this year of dating they have never had a discussion about where the relationship is going, or talked at all about marriage. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hated that Oscar punched Max. Dudes! Punching people is not how you deal with your feelings! I wish TV would stop promoting the idea that this is normal, okay, understandable, and even empowered behavior.

Yeah, it was really refreshing how atypically Oscar reacted to the news of Max's confession at the start of the season, when he was all happy puppy over being picked. I hope the two can remain friends, as this time around Max didn't actually do anything disrespectful to him. I also hope Kat can find the wherewithal to tell Oscar that she's not breaking up with him to get together with Max, but because the kiss was a sign that she's not as confident in and committed to their relationship as he is.

• Love 2

I was wondering if Carter is worried by Randi's skill at breaking up. We didn't hear her reasons for most of them, but she seems to have a hair trigger once she decides it's over.

Kat managed to delay until after Oscar popped the question. At that point you might as well wait until after the honeymoon. At least you get a trip out of it.

Please don't bring Nick back. Please don't bring Nick back. Please don't bring Nick back.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

I wish TV would stop promoting the idea that this is normal, okay, understandable, and even empowered behavior.

That scene definitely did not promote the notion that punching someone in the face was normal, okay, understandable or empowered behavior.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5

Poor Oscar, I found the whole episode to be quite cringe. I didn't even realize they had been together for a whole year, I thought that they had only been together for a few months, that really makes all of this worse. It was hard to watch him be all happy about his job and relationship while the studio audience laughed about Kat awkwardly trying to break up with him. Obviously she shouldn't be with a person she isn't into anymore, and it seems like Max/Kat are inevitable, but I wish it hadn't played out this way. Max and Kat kissing really taints any future relationship they might have, and playing so much of the breakup for laughs felt rather tasteless given the fact that Kat cheated on him with someone he thinks of as a friend. The actual break up at least didn't get a laugh track, I hope that we can get some closure with Oscar and he isn't just forgotten, at least they could have one more talk and part on better terms. 

I guess Nick comes in next to be Kat's next Max placeholder. At least I already know that I wont care when Kat ditches him. Its too bad that this how played out this way, I have so enjoyed most of the rest of the season, its generally been a big improvement on the first season.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
On 4/14/2022 at 10:56 PM, Ms Lark said:

Thus further proving Kat is totally effed up and a big pile of cat 💩. Hope she winds up alone with just the cats.

Like Oscar was in the right the night before? I mean I’m not defending Kat for kissing Max and going through with the sex and failing to get through to him but Oscar was just as much at fault. Kat was trying to dump him the night before and he was in denial that she was clearly trying to end it. And then Oscar goes and punches Max before Kat had a chance to explain.

Edited by nelroy78

None of this surprised me, even Oscar punching Max.  I never saw him as all that great and it was obvious to me that Kat wasn't all that into him.  Their relationship was jr. high school in maturity level.  There really was no "there" there between them and it felt like the relationship was going nowhere.  And I posted weeks ago that I thought the show paired her off too soon.  Whether her breaking up with Oscar was the plan all along or the show realized that she needed to be single at this point I can't say, but either way it's where the show should be right now, in my opinion.  Part of Kat's evolution as a character is for her to find her true love, and to me, Oscar wasn't it.  Now we can wonder again whether she'll end up with bachelor #1, 2, or 3.  You never know, the show might work things out between Oscar and Kat where something happens to make Kat realize he's the one for her.  Or Nick may turn out to be a nice guy after all.  Or she and Max may realize that they should be together.  But that's one of the ways the show creates itself and keeps the audience interested - by playing with all those possibilities until it is good and ready to make her end up with one of them.  Hopefully whichever one it is will be the one I think is right for her!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, nelroy78 said:

Kat was trying to dump him the night before and he was in denial that she was clearly trying to end it. And then Oscar goes and punches Max before Kat had a chance to explain.

I think it was obvious to us because we saw the kiss and knew her doubts.  I don't think she has shared those doubts with Oscar and I don't think it would have been blatantly obvious to him.  But hey, maybe he thought something was off and looked for reassurance.  She sure as heck gave it to him-at night and in the morning.

As for giving Kat a chance to explain, as soon as he said "is it Max" she could have said "no."  Instead she hemmed and hawed.   Her communication was abysmal. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, possibilities said:

I hated that Oscar punched Max. Dudes! Punching people is not how you deal with your feelings! I wish TV would stop promoting the idea that this is normal, okay, understandable, and even empowered behavior.

I didn't like it either, especially since he was leaving.  It's like shows just want to amp up the drama but I think Christopher Rivas did that plenty with his acting.  You could tell he was hurt and devastated.  There was no need to have Max (who should have known better) go after him so we could have the punch.

But hey, Kat seemed to like being told off by an entitled jackass so it's too bad she didn't witness the punch.  Toxic masculinity appears to be her thing. 

• Love 2

When Kat was trying to break up with Oscar in the cat cafe scene and he was oblivious to what she was saying, what @nelroy78 was, I believe, alluding to upthread, that was a fantasy and the real scene played out later with Oscar not knowing anything about an impending breakup.  These shows have gone too far with the fantasy vs. reality scenes, at least the ones I've been watching, lately!

Edited by CrystalBlue
Wrong poster referenced.
  • Love 4

Didn't like how this went.  Why did they have to write that Oscar punched Max?  I hope Oscar is not written off the show.

Also don't like Nick coming back.  So in order to have excitement in a relationship, you need to go out with a douche?  I guess since I'm old, I don't need drama and bad boys.  Like somebody wrote above, I'll be glad when Kat and Nick break up.  I would rather see her with Max but I thought they were fine as friends.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Didn't like how this went.  Why did they have to write that Oscar punched Max?  I hope Oscar is not written off the show.

Also don't like Nick coming back.  So in order to have excitement in a relationship, you need to go out with a douche?  I guess since I'm old, I don't need drama and bad boys.  Like somebody wrote above, I'll be glad when Kat and Nick break up.  I would rather see her with Max but I thought they were fine as friends.

I don't feel Kat and Max as anything but college platonic friends, but I believe the show has that planned for the endgame.  All this rigmarole is for the show to entertain us with the dating antics, of a single woman who is supposedly happy about being single but her mother wants her paired up with Someone.

• Love 4

The show's been building here, this is all coming from a mile away. I didn't really mind the punch based on the way things depicted. Just before Kat breaks up with Oscar (to him, apropos of nothing), Oscar sees them standing alone. It's only natural he would think Max must've continued to try to make moves on her and had finally succeeded. Still, I'd prefer it if they'd had a verbal confrontation.

It's good that Kat won't go immediately to Max. For one, Nick is unlikable, so viewers will be happy to see that end when she finally does end up with Max. For another, I think it's a maturing process for her before she is with Max. Something about her and Oscar seemed very asexual--almost as if Oscar was simply a mirror version of herself rather than a real love interest. They were "too perfect" in other words. Nick, on the other hand, seems as if it will be the complete opposite--a relationship that's almost entirely sexual with very little personal involvement. Max will be the happy medium after those two.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The show's been building here, this is all coming from a mile away. I didn't really mind the punch based on the way things depicted. Just before Kat breaks up with Oscar (to him, apropos of nothing), Oscar sees them standing alone. It's only natural he would think Max must've continued to try to make moves on her and had finally succeeded. Still, I'd prefer it if they'd had a verbal confrontation.

It's good that Kat won't go immediately to Max. For one, Nick is unlikable, so viewers will be happy to see that end when she finally does end up with Max. For another, I think it's a maturing process for her before she is with Max. Something about her and Oscar seemed very asexual--almost as if Oscar was simply a mirror version of herself rather than a real love interest. They were "too perfect" in other words. Nick, on the other hand, seems as if it will be the complete opposite--a relationship that's almost entirely sexual with very little personal involvement. Max will be the happy medium after those two.

I don't feel anything sexual between Max and Kat.  Beyond seeing what it's like to have sex whilst in college as an experiment (will we work out?) or for the life experience, I don't see chemistry.  Platonic friends or brother and sister is more like it, IMHO.

3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't feel anything sexual between Max and Kat.  Beyond seeing what it's like to have sex whilst in college as an experiment (will we work out?) or for the life experience, I don't see chemistry.  Platonic friends or brother and sister is more like it, IMHO.

I didn't feel anything sexual between Kat and Oscar either, but the show put them together anyway. 

• Love 2