Type keyword(s) to search

RW Homecoming: New Orleans (2022)

• Start Topic

I empathetic to Kelley's situation with her high school experience of her friend group turning on her.  And that she seems introverted and seems to have anxiety in uncomfortable situations.

But based on what I've read on here (and other forums), that she seemed to purposely avoid the cameras on her first stint on the real world.  There were people saying that background camera people/producers were really pissed at her for being incredibly elusive and avoidant (the movie thing that posters were saying backs this up), and that they would avoid casting someone like Kelley (Seattle Irene was kind of elusive too, but for different reasons).

I do feel for her, stuff like this overwhelms her.  However, between this and the fact that she had a hard time bonding with Julie and Melissa (the first time in New Orleans).  I guess my question, is why did Kelley even want to do this show if she didn't like the cameras and didn't seem to want to bond with half of her housemates?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, seltzer3 said:

I empathetic to Kelley's situation with her high school experience of her friend group turning on her.  And that she seems introverted and seems to have anxiety in uncomfortable situations.

But based on what I've read on here (and other forums), that she seemed to purposely avoid the cameras on her first stint on the real world.  There were people saying that background camera people/producers were really pissed at her for being incredibly elusive and avoidant (the movie thing that posters were saying backs this up), and that they would avoid casting someone like Kelley (Seattle Irene was kind of elusive too, but for different reasons).

I do feel for her, stuff like this overwhelms her.  However, between this and the fact that she had a hard time bonding with Julie and Melissa (the first time in New Orleans).  I guess my question, is why did Kelley even want to do this show if she didn't like the cameras and didn't seem to want to bond with half of her housemates?

Danny wanted to tell his story and production wouldn't do the show if they couldn't get all 7 roommates. Melissa didn't think Kelley would do it, but once Kelley agreed to do it Melissa signed on. 

Also Danny seems like a regular works a regular job like most people. He lost his job during COVID and was able to get a new one. I imagine for like most people $200,000 is a nice chunk of change. 

• Love 1

Kelley applied hoping to get Road Rules, which was a little unusual. Most applicants hoped for Real World, because it was always the more popular and buzzed-about show by a mile. That was especially true before the Challenge really took off, and specific Road Rules people started to have bigger followings. 

In my opinion, Kelley appeared more relaxed on the Battle of the Seasons Challenge than she was on either the original New Orleans Real World season or the Homecoming. And I agree with the comment upthread that she's always shown pretty significant anxiety signs. I actually think she masks better now than she did in 2000. 

I have the New Orleans book, and I don't remember anything about her going to the movies before meeting Peter, but I'll look through it again. In the producer comments on her, Jonathan Murray says he thinks she would have enjoyed working in production more than being on the show, and Andrew Hoegl says he really likes her but she frustrated him with being guarded and trying to control her portrayal. He says he felt like they got more of the "real Kelley" after the group returned from South Africa. 

• Love 4

A Julie observation: It's hard to sort out what's real and what's contrived for cameras with her, but something that appears genuine is that she's really uneasy about being past 40 now. It would be interesting to go through the six episodes and count how many times she has made comments about the cast acting "old" and how she's the exception to it. "Senior Acres." They go to bed too early. They didn't want to stay at the club longer. Matt takes naps (horrors). Kelley is compared to her grandmother. When Julie was drunk and even less guarded, and Melissa said "We're old as fuck," that triggered her to a furious denial. 

Some of the things that get her most excited are childish. Building forts, Nerf wars? And the person she's getting along with best is Jamie, who's acting the most childish of the other six. The difference between them is that I think Jamie's got his own number. He has no illusion that he's other than a middle-aged dad for whom some of the youthful dreams didn't pan out. He's looking at this as a break from his reality, in which he leaves his adult responsibilities for a while and acts like a twentysomething again. I don't think Julie has the same self-awareness. 

Melissa, Tokyo, Kelley, and Matt didn't approach Homecoming as an opportunity for regression, and she's not clicking as well with them. Danny didn't either, but he's being more indulgent of her.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 10

Can we talk about Tokyo’s headband? We never see him without it- just interesting is all.

Julie is an odd duck; she’s also just a garden-variety asshole who has taken up too much oxygen this season.

This season has been good though - much better than LA Homecoming for sure. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I've wondered if Tokyo had some eyebrow mishap.  

@lyric, your avatar is the cover of an album I love and very few other people seem to have heard (Living Colour's The Chair in the Doorway). I don't know if that's the only place the image has appeared, though, so I don't know if the reference is intentional. It definitely works for a TV site.  

(edited)

Ok, I also dug out my New Orleans book just to make sure that I did not Mandela Effect the thing about Kelley going to the movies. It was actually Matt that said it, not production, ("The truth is that until Kelley met Peter, she wasn't very happy in the house. Before she met Peter, all she did was eat, sleep, and go to movies.") So, there wasn't anything about production not being able to film her at the movies, but I guess I just interpret it that way/that that was Kelley's motivation since it seems one of the few places where there would be difficulties for them to film. 

Re: signing on with the rest of the cast. Melissa has said in interviews that even though she had not kept in touch with her roommates, she did feel loyalty to them and since she did not know what each of their financial situations were, she didn't want to be the one person who messed up the opportunity for them.

I checked out Julie's Instagram and woof, who are these people commenting to her about how great she is. 🙃 Julie makes several references to the other cast members lawyering up-"I guess I should have known I would get the same editing treatment as Becky and Beth, but I didn't realize that my roommates got together beforehand to lawyer up and plan" and "yup, I know that Melissa and Kelley shared the same lawyer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got paid way more than the rest of us to just sit around on tic tok [sic] & blame me for all their worries." Oof, she is so ridiculous. Plus I believe that Danny confirmed recently that they all got paid the same, and said yesterday on Instagram that Julie's actually been getting a generous edit. 

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

I would get the same editing treatment as Becky and Beth

Someone needs to tell her she is coming across as worse than either Becky or Beth...

• Love 11
On 6/1/2022 at 10:04 AM, BelleBrit said:

We do see a lot of Danny and Julie talking and hanging out together, but we also know that Danny has made it very clear in the post-show interviews how he feels about Julie. I'm sure he was trying to be cordial to her when they were in the house just to get by, but I wonder if Julie is surprised by what Danny is saying about her now.

What is he saying about her now?

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

A Julie observation: It's hard to sort out what's real and what's contrived for cameras with her, but something that appears genuine is that she's really uneasy about being past 40 now. It would be interesting to go through the six episodes and count how many times she has made comments about the cast acting "old" and how she's the exception to it. "Senior Acres." They go to bed too early. They didn't want to stay at the club longer. Matt takes naps (horrors). Kelley is compared to her grandmother. When Julie was drunk and even less guarded, and Melissa said "We're old as fuck," that triggered her to a furious denial. 

Some of the things that get her most excited are childish. Building forts, Nerf wars? And the person she's getting along with best is Jamie, who's acting the most childish of the other six. The difference between them is that I think Jamie's got his own number. He has no illusion that he's other than a middle-aged dad for whom some of the youthful dreams didn't pan out. He's looking at this as a break from his reality, in which he leaves his adult responsibilities for a while and acts like a twentysomething again. I don't think Julie has the same self-awareness. 

Melissa, Tokyo, Kelley, and Matt didn't approach Homecoming as an opportunity for regression, and she's not clicking as well with them. Danny didn't either, but he's being more indulgent of her.

This!

None of this would be a problem if they’d all just let her regress 22 years like she was hoping. Pretending you’re still a child is much easier than confronting the reasons why your adult life and relationships haven’t turned out the way you thought they would.

In her original season it wasn’t a facade—she was practically a child. There was still some artifice around her cluelessness and naivety, since I think she knew exactly what role she’d play in the house, but she had no history with her cast and was an eager, open sponge for new experiences and viewpoints. I remember finding Julie annoying, but she was also light and clearly had a lot of fun with everyone.

Then her hunger for extending her 15 minutes and turning that fame into her primary source of income took over, bleeding directly into marrying at 24 and starting a family. I’m her age and barely felt ready for all of that at 34! 

It does look like after she married Spencer she earned a degree, got into diving, and now manages some properties they own in addition to motherhood, but well-adjusted she ain’t. I think it’s very possible Julie has no idea who she is and still holds a ton of resentment toward a church that still got its claws into her by duping her into thinking marriage and kids were the end all be all, no further identity required.

OR, to quote the Simpsons, “Some people are just jerks.”

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

thank you.. and there is a lid for every pot ... Just cause someones doesn't have a six pack doesn't mean they arnt someones idea of a good time :) 

Love that expression :)

I find Jamie extremely attractive, dorky oculus and all.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

Re: signing on with the rest of the cast. Melissa has said in interviews that even though she had not kept in touch with her roommates, she did feel loyalty to them and since she did not know what each of their financial situations were, she didn't want to be the one person who messed up the opportunity for them.

Of all of them, I'm absolutely loving Melissa's growth, groundedness, and maturity the most!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

@lyric, your avatar is the cover of an album I love and very few other people seem to have heard (Living Colour's The Chair in the Doorway). I don't know if that's the only place the image has appeared, though, so I don't know if the reference is intentional. It definitely works for a TV site.  

I love that you know the album! Yes, my favorite band on the planet and works perfectly in this context to boot. Just don’t bust me for copyright infringement ;)

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

he is still a good looking guy .. 

And he's a good deal less arrogant than he was back in the days of Ken doll looks, wealth, and what he thought was going to be a life of dot.com fueled money and success. So someone who either found him too arrogant or who was a bit intimidated by him then might find this new version of him more appealing.

A Julie observation: It's hard to sort out what's real and what's contrived for cameras with her, but something that appears genuine is that she's really uneasy about being past 40 now. It would be interesting to go through the six episodes and count how many times she has made comments about the cast acting "old" and how she's the exception to it. "Senior Acres." They go to bed too early. They didn't want to stay at the club longer. Matt takes naps (horrors). Kelley is compared to her grandmother. When Julie was drunk and even less guarded, and Melissa said "We're old as fuck," that triggered her to a furious denial. 

Melissa, Tokyo, Kelley, and Matt didn't approach Homecoming as an opportunity for regression, and she's not clicking as well with them. Danny didn't either, but he's being more indulgent of her.

Yeah, Julie went into this as a re-do of the first experience but with new freedoms. The Kelley of 2000 might have giggled with Danny over a dick pic, but the key differentiators would be that they were 22 at at time, and much more importantly, it wouldn't have been pic of the person's husband, which is just so beyond the pale that I can't even deal with it. In that moment, I don't even think Julie was trying to be shocking, she just has the social skills of a stunted teenager.

And she's definitely gonna be one of those women who thinks that as long as she looks younger than she is, it's going to somehow keep her from actually aging in a chronological sense.

Julie makes several references to the other cast members lawyering up-"I guess I should have known I would get the same editing treatment as Becky and Beth, but I didn't realize that my roommates got together beforehand to lawyer up and plan" 

Well, acting just like Becky kinda guarantees you that "Becky edit," now doesn't it? Actually, she's more disingenuous, Becky was just clueless and entitled, Julie came in with more plans.

Kinda funny that she threw Beth in there though since Beth's edit wasn't anything special on RW:LA. It's the same with Beth whether on the original RW, any challenge she's ever been on, and the Reunion. She's just a person who doesn't click naturally with anyone and then pretends she wants it that way to save face.

It's a shame Julie's nonsense had to eat up so much of the episode, as there were things in that Kelley message that I would have liked to see more discussion about, particularly the friction with Melissa and Melissa's comments about Kelley seeming to put her and Julie in the "ugly girls" bucket.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, lyric said:

I love that you know the album! Yes, my favorite band on the planet and works perfectly in this context to boot. Just don’t bust me for copyright infringement ;)

I'd never. That album wouldn't make a bad soundtrack for this Homecoming season. "Burned Bridges." "Out of My Mind." (And "Asshole," for that matter.) "Hard Times" (for Danny). "That's What You Taught Me" for an inspirational close.  

Other topic: On social media, Tokyo ended any suspense about something in the finale. I'll tag it, just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler

Kelley does depart early. The most frequently seen promotional photo of the seven of them for Homecoming -- the one with Danny in the middle, Melissa resting a hand on his shoulder, and Tokyo flashing a peace sign -- was taken after she had left. She was pasted in.

Tokyo: "This photographic moment in its current iteration exists nowhere in this universe. There was no original. There never will be."

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Kelley applied hoping to get Road Rules, which was a little unusual. Most applicants hoped for Real World, because it was always the more popular and buzzed-about show by a mile. That was especially true before the Challenge really took off, and specific Road Rules people started to have bigger followings. 

In my opinion, Kelley appeared more relaxed on the Battle of the Seasons Challenge than she was on either the original New Orleans Real World season or the Homecoming. And I agree with the comment upthread that she's always shown pretty significant anxiety signs. I actually think she masks better now than she did in 2000. 

I have the New Orleans book, and I don't remember anything about her going to the movies before meeting Peter, but I'll look through it again. In the producer comments on her, Jonathan Murray says he thinks she would have enjoyed working in production more than being on the show, and Andrew Hoegl says he really likes her but she frustrated him with being guarded and trying to control her portrayal. He says he felt like they got more of the "real Kelley" after the group returned from South Africa. 

I wonder why they didn't just put her on Road Rules. There have been Road Rulers who said they had no interest in Real World Tara, Roni, Adam Larson. I know Sophia said she was almost on Real World, but wanted Road Rules .

Melissa and Danny have both said they were cast on Road Rules and said no they would only do Real World. 

The obvious swap there would have been Holly (future wife of Chadwick) in New Orleans and Kelley on Maximum Velocity with James, Theo, and the gang.  

Kelley's own preference to the side, I'm glad we didn't get that. Not a Holly fan.

5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

The obvious swap there would have been Holly (future wife of Chadwick) in New Orleans and Kelley on Maximum Velocity with James, Theo, and the gang.  

Kelley's own preference to the side, I'm glad we didn't get that. Not a Holly fan.

Me neither. 

My guess is Msaada and Theo where originally on Real World? A female of cast of Kelley, Kathryn and Julie seems very bleh and very blonde. 

Neither James and Theo are that similar to Danny.

(edited)

I think it’s worth noting too that Kelley suffers from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which can be very painful. That probably contributed greatly to the stress of being in that environment. She wrote in her book that she feels worse in the morning and I think that’s when Julie ambushed her. 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think it’s worth noting too that Kelley suffers from Ehlers-Danilo’s Syndrome, which can be very painful. That probably contributed greatly to the stress of being in that environment. She wrote in her book that she feels worse in the morning and I think that’s when Julie ambushed her. 

Interesting! I believe Kendall from Road Rules has it too. It's been mentioned in her posts about All-Stars. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

Now that the cast has done their version, can we please finally put ‘Come On Be My Baby Tonight’ to bed?!  Castmates praising it like a Bob Dylan song ffs.  Now I know how Mr. Yogisbooboo felt when I wrote my song, 'Cuddle Me', and swore it was the ultimate love jam.

41 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think it’s worth noting too that Kelley suffers from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which can be very painful. That probably contributed greatly to the stress of being in that environment.

Dang, didn’t know that about Kelley….still don’t like her and she shouldn’t have come if she was going to be such a stick in the ass, Danny participating be damned. 

Julie, Jamie’s still not thinking about you so stop it!  And not everyone is going to want to look at your man’s chest or peen or whatever she showed them, have some frickin’ class.

LOL @ Melissa, she ain’t playing about that bag she carries with her.

Does anyone know which one will be the next Homecoming?  I’d love Miami, Boston or Seattle but I don’t believe we’ll get any of them.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Jamie is kinda doughy for an object of lust.

"Kinda Doughy for an Object of Lust" is now the new title of my autobiography. Thank you. 

Julie is very stunted. Her whole conversation with Kelley was weird. I'm one of those people who says inappropriate things a lot but I also am really good at picking up social cues and I would instantly be able to tell if someone is uncomfortable and if they were, I would go and apologize to them. If someone came to me and said "Hey I'd prefer if you don't talk about __ with me because it makes me uncomfortable" I would really appreciate that and would use it moving forward. Because I wouldn't want someone to cut me out completely but if they give me those parameters that they're comfortable with, I can work with it.

All that being said, I would never in a million years show someone a dick pic of a loved one. Like what the actual hell? I feel like that's so disrespectful to the person who sent it to me. They meant for that to be seen by ME and not by my roommates from my 20s? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, EdnasEdibles said:

"Kinda Doughy for an Object of Lust" is now the new title of my autobiography. Thank you. 

I love that you were the one to say this, I feel like it dovetails perfectly with the username and Edna Garrett of Edna's Edibles avatar, lol.

All that being said, I would never in a million years show someone a dick pic of a loved one. Like what the actual hell? I feel like that's so disrespectful to the person who sent it to me. They meant for that to be seen by ME and not by my roommates from my 20s? 

Again, I'm hard pressed to say where he stands on that, because anyone who married and has stayed married to a nut job like Julie must have some screws loose as well and perhaps he was as okay with that as he was with making that weird sex tent outdoors instead of just closing the door of that room that Julie now has to herself. 

It was a vivid contrast to "don't scroll on my phone, I'm away from my husband, we're doing stuff..." from Melissa in an earlier episode.

Interesting! I believe Kendall from Road Rules has it too. It's been mentioned in her posts about All-Stars.

How strange, I had never heard of that disease before this year and now 2 blonde reality show ladies from the early aughts both have it, what are the odds? 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

It was a vivid contrast to "don't scroll on my phone, I'm away from my husband, we're doing stuff..." from Melissa in an earlier episode.

Yeah, because the Melissa and Kelley interaction is how normal adults behave.  Melissa is looking at a picture of Kelley's kids, starts to scroll out of habit, then realizes, wait, nope.  She laughs at what she was about to do, Kelley tells her she won't come across anything interesting if she does, and Melissa tells her well, you will if you scroll on mine.  It's just a cute little moment between people getting to know each other anew.  Melissa didn't go into graphic detail about what they were sending each other, and she certainly didn't shove a picture of her husband's junk in Kelley's face.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
On 6/3/2022 at 3:38 PM, EdnasEdibles said:

I'm curious if Julie would be totally fine with her husband showing pictures of her vagina to his friends from his twenties. Just heading over to LensCrafters to find his old college roommate and then shoving a picture of his wife's vag in his face. I'm a little worried that Julie would actually be totally fine with that. She needs all the attention. 

I wish Kelley had been more direct and said, "I'm not comfortable seeing pictures of your husband's penis." I would like to have seen Julie try to convince Kelley that they were just shirtless pics. 

I'm disappointed they spent so much of the episodes on Julie. It would have driven her crazy if they just completely edited her into the background and focused on the other six. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Kelley has the first reply.

I don't see a comment from Kelley (and can't load more comments, as I don't have an Instagram account); what did she say?

4 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't see a comment from Kelley (and can't load more comments, as I don't have an Instagram account); what did she say?

She’s on board for Tokyo live-streaming his appearance at the Critics Choice Awards on 6/12 and hinted she may also be in for making the trip to the ceremony in LA.  At least that’s how I interpreted her comment: “Oh I’m in. And I may also… be in”

David says “we’ll” be attending, but if Kelley is even considering attending I have to assume Julie won’t go. It’d probably be Tokyo/Danny/Melissa, maybe Kelley and Jamie, doubtful Matt and Julie.

She reads as riled up herself. 

Production "built" the club? I believe Danny said in an interview that it was Oz (it was either Oz or another well-known Bourbon Street gay bar), and that it had been closed but they reopened that night for them. Julie seems persistently to take things up or down a level to serve whatever narrative she's pushing. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Sighs....Oz.

Had a great time there years ago with a former friend.  I believe I got foot gout from drinking a couple of Cosmos, some screwdrivers and a few Long Island Iced Teas and almost got into a threesome situation before being too drunk to do anything and was poured into a cab and taken home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Sighs....Oz.

Had a great time there years ago with a former friend.  I believe I got foot gout from drinking a couple of Cosmos, some screwdrivers and a few Long Island Iced Teas and almost got into a threesome situation before being too drunk to do anything and was poured into a cab and taken home.

Now Julie is going to be jealous she didn’t get a threesome there.

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, Faceplant said:

Julie's reply to someone on Instagram commenting on the marks on her back. 

Julie insta.jpg

I saw that one. She never does acknowledge the faceplant out of the car or walking straight into a tree. 

Also, I'm not entirely sure of the timeframe between when the push to leave began and when they actually got her into the car, but considering that she passed out so hard she fell out of the car and then was catching flies with her eyes rolled back for the rest of the ride, has she stopped to consider what state she'd have been in at the club? Even a fake club with people specifically brought in for the occasion is still a public place and puking and passing out on the floor in a crowded room is an embarrassing public scene.

She’s on board for Tokyo live-streaming his appearance at the Critics Choice Awards on 6/12 and hinted she may also be in for making the trip to the ceremony in LA.  At least that’s how I interpreted her comment: “Oh I’m in. And I may also… be in”

I'm mildly concerned that this season has been nominated for awards, were the other seasons nominated for anything? I guess I see awards as encouragement for Julie's antics and I fear the effect that will have on future seasons.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'm mildly concerned that this season has been nominated for awards, were the other seasons nominated for anything? I guess I see awards as encouragement for Julie's antics and I fear the effect that will have on future seasons.

The New York version of Homecoming was nominated in the same two categories in 2021: Best Unstructured Series and Best Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series. It did not win either. The awards went to Deaf U and RuPaul's Drag Race, respectively. 

Los Angeles Homecoming wasn't nominated for anything (by that awards group), but it aired within the same eligibility period as the New Orleans one.

• Love 1

I found this on Julie's website under the research & therapy tab. I thought this part was interesting:

She subsequently developed a deep interest in how chemical compounds affect and illuminate consciousness, and has become passionate about the roles of psychedelic and psychotropic compounds in personal transformation, growth, healing, and therapy.

Why couldn't she have talked about that on the show? Now that I'd actually have been interested to hear about. 

Julie.jpg

• Love 4

Ironically, Danny has been a big advocate for psilocybin therapy as a means of treating his complex PTSD and has hopes of opening up a retreat for that purpose in Vermont. Really puts new meaning to when Danny said to Julie when she walked into the house “Girl, you need to put that psilocybin down!”

I…think that Julie needs to invest in a different kind of therapy! 😬She is really giving some manic, manic energy this time around.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kelley set the record straight and I have no idea how this emotionally stunted sexual harassing racist was allowed to stay on production. Showing a picture of your husband’s dick without consent from either party was bad enough. Can you imagine if it had been Jamie showing pics of his wife’s tits without consent and repeatedly asking someone how often they masturbate? Just what the fuck?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cehv1eqrzKp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

“If I stop will you stay” is truly disturbing to hear coming out of the mouth of a 40yo woman. 

Edited by PositiveBean
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, PositiveBean said:

Kelley set the record straight and I have no idea how this emotionally stunted sexual harassing racist was allowed to stay on production. Showing a picture of your husband’s dick without consent from either party was bad enough. Can you imagine if it had been Jamie showing pics of his wife’s tits without consent and repeatedly asking someone how often they masturbated? Just what the fuck?

“If I stop will you stay” is truly disturbing to hear coming out of the mouth of a 40yo woman. 

Wow so the Paul visit and the swamp tour were after she left and the producers have really messed with the time line by giving the impression she left at the very end like cast members on the other two seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If I Stop, Will You Stay? sounds like the title of a very turgid Lifetime movie about abuse, doesn't it?  

That's revealing information from Kelley about the manipulated timeline. I remember being a little surprised that she wasn't there to interact with Paul at all, because other than Danny, she was the one he knew best. The three of them went out to dinner and stuff during the original season. 

The biggest giveaway that things are in a weird order is Jamie's hair. It was buzzed on the sides when he first walked in in episode 1, and it's been all over the place on the long/short spectrum since. 

Now I'm going to avoid this thread until I see the finale. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

After reading Kelley's post, I'm even more disgusted by Julie which I didn't think it was possible. I wonder if that's why she announced that Kelley and Melissa had the same lawyer. Why would you know who's someone's lawyer is? Unless you know you are a candidate to be sued!

She should have been stopped and the producers should have stepped in. Julie's probably jealous of Kelley - i can't think of any other reason for targeting her in that way. I always thought that Julie would have loved to marry a celebrity (A list, B list, C list, D list, she'd take anyone). She dropped that info about Blink 182 with a lot of wishfulness. Kelley's probably living the life she wants. Good on her for removing herself from a toxic situation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PositiveBean said:

Kelley set the record straight and I have no idea how this emotionally stunted sexual harassing racist was allowed to stay on production. Showing a picture of your husband’s dick without consent from either party was bad enough. Can you imagine if it had been Jamie showing pics of his wife’s tits without consent and repeatedly asking someone how often they masturbate? Just what the fuck?

That is horrible!  Danny saying Julie got a "mild edit" is generous.  What is wrong with her?  And what is wrong with production for allowing her to grab the narrative like that?  I am glad Kelly is setting the record straight.  And Julie's unhinged screeds on SM just sound even more unhinged than ever.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I re read Kelley's slide where does it say she wasn't there for Paul's visit?

It's kind of confusing. There's a series of slides, and then she finishes with a long comment. At first I thought there was only one slide. You have to click through, and the white-on-white makes it hard to see the arrow to the right.   

Edit:  But the part about Paul is in the long comment. "For those of you who are new here and have discovered the misleading timeline, you are correct. I had already left for the visit from Paul, the swamp tour and much more."

Edited by Asp Burger