Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

RW Homecoming: New Orleans (2022)


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, snarts said:

Julie (& family) are on tonight's new House Hunters S215 E11:  "Looking for Lake Life in Wisconsin" 

Not sure when it was filmed in relation to the reunion but in it  they'd started the foster child process but were not yet actually fostering.

Julie's again in her LuLaRoe leggings so I guess she doesn't wear real clothes. 

Yikes. As the Heavy article @MsJamieDornan linked pointed out, pretty tone deaf to call yourself "pathologically cheap" when you are shopping for a lakefront vacation home with a budget of $1.5 million. I realize he was saying it to highlight how unusual this was for them, but still.

And really Julie? You need to up your budget because your little darlings can't share a room while staying in their vacation house on the lake?

Also, googled the average salary of an ophthalmologist in WI and it's like $300K a year. That's good money but I wouldn't think seven figure vacation home money.

I didn't get past the first 5 minutes of the show. Interesting that they met at what was basically a Mormon sanctioned meet market. I don't think Julie is bad looking but I find it shocking anyone semi normal could stand her for more than a few minutes. I think this probably says more about him than it does about her.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Just now, Bastet said:

I thought it was their new regular home, not a vacation home. 

Oh was it? In MN and WI it's very common to have a "cabin" (which is generally a regular house, but always referred to as a cabin) on the lake that people drive up to on weekends so I guess I just assumed that was what they were doing. If that is going to be their full time house I guess that is a little less extravagant but still not what I would call "pathologically cheap".

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Tatum said:

Also, googled the average salary of an ophthalmologist in WI and it's like $300K a year. That's good money but I wouldn't think seven figure vacation home money.

I think they own several rental properties also.

Link to comment
21 hours ago, javajeanelaine said:

I watched it but did it in 10 minute increments only because she bugs me that much. Also in the episode her husband seemed somewhat irritated by her.

Only somewhat? I just can't fathom how anyone can spend time with that lunatic, but he married her, so who the hell knows. It kinda irks me that she landed in such a cushy spot in life that she can afford that kind of a house.

I rewatched the episode with the Y2K party episode and it annoys me all over again that Julie hijacked the season. There was a really cute, endearing moment where they're all laughing at the laptops they used for work and the big ass computer that they all thought was so futuristic and amazing at the time. They were all very chill and smiling, even Matt and Kelley, who seemed most anxious.

And then Julie (who was being quite normal in the conversation up to that point) has to stomp all over it with questioning Matt about "what would have happened if we'd had a relationship back then? Like, pretend I'm your wife and you liked me..." 

Not only does she ignore the reactions of the people around her, which should be clues to how weird the line of questioning was, and ruin the vibe, but I also don't understand what her point even was. Like, did she think Matt was going to sit there and do a fantasy "what if.." reminiscence with her or what? Has she met Matt (then or now)? 

But mostly, it just irritates me that she stomped on the type of moment that I really enjoy in these Homecoming seasons, those little moments of reminiscence and old footage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/25/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tatum said:

Yikes. As the Heavy article @MsJamieDornan linked pointed out, pretty tone deaf to call yourself "pathologically cheap" when you are shopping for a lakefront vacation home with a budget of $1.5 million. I realize he was saying it to highlight how unusual this was for them, but still.

And really Julie? You need to up your budget because your little darlings can't share a room while staying in their vacation house on the lake?

Also, googled the average salary of an ophthalmologist in WI and it's like $300K a year. That's good money but I wouldn't think seven figure vacation home money.

I didn't get past the first 5 minutes of the show. Interesting that they met at what was basically a Mormon sanctioned meet market. I don't think Julie is bad looking but I find it shocking anyone semi normal could stand her for more than a few minutes. I think this probably says more about him than it does about her.

They are probably using the reunion money for the down payment.  I was wondering WTF as well til I remembered that. But I can't look at her face so I didn't watch the HH.  HA!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I went to rewatch the Homecoming seasons, and it turns out they've been removed from Paramount+.  The regular seasons are still there (although my favorites are still missing - will they ever add Chicago, Seattle, Hawaii, and San Diego??).  Does anyone know why?  Will they come back?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, mandymax said:

I went to rewatch the Homecoming seasons, and it turns out they've been removed from Paramount+.  The regular seasons are still there (although my favorites are still missing - will they ever add Chicago, Seattle, Hawaii, and San Diego??).  Does anyone know why?  Will they come back?

I posted an article about that in the Media thread.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...