Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Original Sinners

• Start Topic

I just hope the people who went to New Eden flourish and fix things and lead a good life.

I was glad LJ finally got hers.

So what did Melanie see and who is behind it. 

Will we get just Snowpiercer stuff next season or will we see what's going on with New Eden?

• Love 1

I don’t get it, why didn’t they use the snowplow to scout ahead? That would have been a better choice. 

Why didn’t Layton and  Mel stay in radio contact? At least then they could tell the other train New Eden was real. It’s not going to be interesting watching the train while the others live outside.  Although, considering the terrain in NE they are going to struggle. At least they have the arboretum to grow stuff. 

😂 LJ choking to death alone was a fitting end to her.

I got completely confused by who was leaving. Given the lie I was sure Javi was staying aboard, but then Ben decided to stay and it switched. Hmm. 

So The train will be NE physical homes until they make ones on their own. 

I at first thought the explosion was a flare from NE, but then the zoom in seemed to show a missile malfunctioning? Hmm could we have yet another set of survivors? Mauaders? 

In the end I really hope Layton does somehow contact Mel and tells them about NE and  Snowpiercer finds their way there.

• Love 1

I thought the explosion came from Big Alice, based on the sight of what looked to be a railcar coming back down.  We wait, I guess.

It's ironic that all the NE passengers jump off the train when it's only -5 degrees.

I wonder what was the original purpose of that spur line when it was built way back when.

I got a kick out of turning the Wilford "W" lapel pin upside down to form an "M".

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, rtms77 said:

LJ choking to death alone was a fitting end to her.

I was waiting for some new handsome young man to save her. Being that it's this show, I have to wonder if she's really, truly dead. 

• Love 2

Seemed pretty savage to put Wilford out on the snowplow.

The compromise seemed reasonable. 

LJ's death was as bizarre as she was.  Choking on her dad's glass eye.  Bad habit to have, sucking on a glass eye.

I don't know what the explosion at the end was, but my first thought was that it was a distress rocket from Wilford.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, rtms77 said:

Why didn’t Layton and  Mel stay in radio contact?

I assume they're too far away, and were already too far away by the time Big Alice made it over the track. The trains are fast and cover big distances, and radios have limits.

Also, Mel was concerned with the long-term viability of settlement even if there was a hot spot there, and how long it would stay hot.

19 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought the explosion came from Big Alice, based on the sight of what looked to be a railcar coming back down.

I got a kick out of turning the Wilford "W" lapel pin upside down to form an "M".

What came down looked like a missile shell.

So did I!

• Love 1

My recording cut-off when it was zooming in on whatever was falling back down in that explosion so I'm not sure if I missed something key, but I also thought I saw a railcar. Given that it was three months later, would that be about the right amount of time for Snowpiercer to go around and be back near where they split? I'm not clear if the origin of whatever that was would be near Big Alice but if it is, the timing would seem to be too perfect to be coincidental. Though how on earth would they have pulled that off (intentionally or not)? 

I laughed so hard when LJ swallowed that eye ball. I kept waiting for that to happen every time she put it in her mouth.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, redpencil said:

My recording cut-off when it was zooming in on whatever was falling back down in that explosion so I'm not sure if I missed something key, but I also thought I saw a railcar. Given that it was three months later, would that be about the right amount of time for Snowpiercer to go around and be back near where they split? I'm not clear if the origin of whatever that was would be near Big Alice but if it is, the timing would seem to be too perfect to be coincidental. Though how on earth would they have pulled that off (intentionally or not)? 

I laughed so hard when LJ swallowed that eye ball. I kept waiting for that to happen every time she put it in her mouth.

A full circuit seems to take about three months. IIRC, they said as much last week when Roche was talking to his daughter about the pyramids. How he and his wife had never gotten to see them before the train and then got to pass them every three months. 

I did feel bad for LJ dying alone like that, but I did also laugh quite heartily at it as well.  Especially after her comment to Oz about being a survivor.  That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if she showed up next season, having been found just in time.

So Melanie was actually right to not want to trust the tracks.  I don’t think the whole train would have made it over the trestle given that the shorter train barely did.  And Javi doesn’t like being lied to, but fails to mention to Layton that they’ll be traversing a dangerous bridge?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

It wasn't a railcar:

Seeing that video, I can see why some thought it was a railcar, it looks pretty square for a moment there.  I still think it's a distress rocket, but could it be a weapon of some type?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Seeing that video, I can see why some thought it was a railcar, it looks pretty square for a moment there.  I still think it's a distress rocket, but could it be a weapon of some type?

from where it cut-off for a number of us (thanks TNT and their channel guide info!), whatever it was, was quite high up so hard to tell.

from the video, it definitely has fins. could be a lower stage of a rocket.

Web capture_30-3-2022_15119_forums.primetimer.com.jpeg

Edited by eelpout
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I thought it was a railcar for a moment, but then the close-up showed a rocket. I'm guessing weapon, but I can only speculate from there. I thought for a second that the slow-motion cloud meant that it was freezing again, but I think that was just dramatic effect. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eelpout said:

from where it cut-off for a number of us (thanks TNT and their channel guide info!), whatever it was, was quite high up so hard to tell.

Yes, and there's briefly a shot of another one falling away in the distance before that one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eelpout said:

Interesting! Thanks for the video and photo everyone! I definitely would not have seen that from where my recording cut off. I wonder if it's a weapon or a failed launch of some kind? Weird!

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 2

Maybe they figured out that it would be hella difficult to do any actual farming in an Alpine rockpile (I know, it's supposed to be Africa, but...), and cobbled together a rocket out of one of Big Alice's cars.  Using the last of the handwavium fuel from the locomotive, they launched, with the idea of landing in, I don't know, Chicago, where they first started out.  Hey, it could happen.🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, eelpout said:

Looks like Jeff Bezos rocket had it's tip cut off.

• LOL 1
  • Good episode, solid finale.
  • Even if they get word to Melanie, Snowpiercer will have to stop before the trestle where it might still be a bitterly cold trek.
  • LJ got her "elevator shaft" moment.
  • Are we to assume that the rocket came from New Eden?
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Ceindreadh said:

I did feel bad for LJ dying alone like that, but I did also laugh quite heartily at it as well.  Especially after her comment to Oz about being a survivor.  That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if she showed up next season, having been found just in time.

First aid skills are crucial in TEOTWAWKI.  You mean not one person in that car knew the Heimlich Maneuver?

from the video, it definitely has fins. could be a lower stage of a rocket

I don't recall, but didn't this entire snowpocalypse happened because the government shot something into the air which wound up blocking the sun and causing everything to freeze?  Could this be the remnant of what was shot up that may have been floating in space, but somehow made it back down through earth's entry point, hit the ground which caused an explosion that shot it back up again?

Edited by ctlady
  • Love 2
On 4/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, meep.meep said:

Why did they have Jennifer Connolly in Olive Oyl's  hairstyle?  Once you see it, you can't stop seeing it.

Hahaha! I thought that when I first saw the previews! 

I FINALLY got to watch this episode and wow, it was good! I was trying to decide if I'd be a stayer or a goer. I think I'd take a chance and go, just to see for myself. I actually choked up a little with all the goodbyes and that it could mean that they'd never see friends/loved ones again. Finally a Miles sighting! He sure has grown up a lot since we last saw him.

Laughed so hard at LJ's choking on the eyeball. Couldn't happen to anyone more deserving. Also wondering if she isn't saved at the last second, maybe by Dr Headwood so LJ can be another science project?

This episode had more the feel and flavor of the first season. Wish the entire season had been this good.

I also questioned why the two trains couldn't have stayed in communication..they use satellites for other stuff, is there a reason they couldn't for sending a message?

Thank you for showing and explaining that it was a missle at the end! I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe Wilford figured out how to turn the plow into an aircraft? Lmao! 

Thank you to everyone who commented/explained/discussed each week. You all made watching more enjoyable and interesting!

On 4/19/2022 at 2:38 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Laughed so hard at LJ's choking on the eyeball. Couldn't happen to anyone more deserving. Also wondering if she isn't saved at the last second, maybe by Dr Headwood so LJ can be another science project?

Dr. Headwood is in New Eden.

It's interesting to read all the theories regarding the ending. I thought it was supposed to be a distress call from Big Alice. I mean they still have multiple engineers and a train with all the same mechanics it did before. I mean if Wilford was able to make an EMP device from whatever was on the train, a distress missile seems simple enough. Alex is there and she knows the exact timing to release something like that so that her mom would see it. I anticipate next season will be a rescue mission and tough decisions regarding how to fit everyone into half a train. 

As for LJ's demise, I really hope that is the last we see of her. Really the character adds nothing to the show and is just meant to act as a garden variety Wilford sycophant.

I really enjoy this show and have to wait for it on HBO Max since I don't have cable. Glad it was renewed.

• Applause 1

This is bullshit  This shit is so stupid.   That moron who acts like he is owed the world is pathetic and a terrible actor.  ( for real could they not have found a better actor)  but I guess he plays the role of an entitled pos quite well  thinking he's owed everything when he contributed to nothing .  You did away with the only interesting characters. So ya let's celebrate trash

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Squeeph said:

This is bullshit  This shit is so stupid.   That moron who acts like he is owed the world is pathetic and a terrible actor.  ( for real could they not have found a better actor)  but I guess he plays the role of an entitled pos quite well  thinking he's owed everything when he contributed to nothing .  You did away with the only interesting characters. So ya let's celebrate trash

Could you narrow it down a bit?  I can't tell who you're insulting.

• Love 1

Guess that really was a one way trip to new Eden.  And yeah the entire train would never have made it.  

some new foe or Wilford programmed the scaler to go somewhere where he shot off a missile?  He could do it.  Probably had “supply stops” in several places even Melanie didn’t know about.

I guess Ben had to talk javi into going unless they said the dog was staying.  

hope we get S4 someday.

Edited by Hanahope