Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Dates, Decisions, and Dollar Amount Revealed

• Start Topic

Both Kurt and Steven select their final lady and say goodbye to the others, then they break the news of who is the millionaire and find out if love outweighs their bank accounts.

Original air date: March 10 2022

OK, at least part of the rumor in the Spoiler thread was true so far. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Kurt and Amanda flamed out and he started chasing Carolyn again, especially after watching Amanda's face fall when Kurt told her he's not THE JOE.

Toodle-pips, folks!

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

OK, at least part of the rumor in the Spoiler thread was true so far. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Kurt and Amanda flamed out and he started chasing Carolyn again, especially after watching Amanda's face fall when Kurt told her he's not THE JOE.

Toodle-pips, folks!

At least if they get together now, Carolyn will know he isn’t the rich one and not after his “fortune “.

• Love 1

Was everyone else as distracted as I was by the flowers? Oh, cute—they gave Callah a calla lily…oh, every girl has a lily. Why are they bringing them? What’s the paper on it? Carolyn threw hers inside? What IS with the paper and string? Why is Steven holding Callah’s but Amanda is still holding hers? We never found out what’s written on it! 

Despite the distraction of the damn calla lilies, I was surprised by each of the picks. No reunion show—or even little update blurb? Guess we’ll need to scroll for media updates tomorrow.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This wasn’t as boring and predictable as I imagined it would be. 

I was so happy Kurt picked Amanda, but I’m bummed to read they’ve fizzled out. After however many weeks, I still don’t get what he sees in Carolyn, though. Her attitude tonight would’ve been enough for me to never want to try again. She’s like a toddler who throws tantrums when things don’t go her way. And looks-wise, she’s always been average to me. For the first few weeks before I learned everyone’s name, it was her attitude, not her looks, that made her stand out. 

Add me to the list of people who loved Annie’s dress. She handled being dumped well, too. She’s only 25, but acts much more mature. 

Did I miss a scene, or was Steven asking Calah if she lied to him only a preview but not part of the actual show? 

It’s been fun having people to discuss this with. I wouldn’t be opposed to a season 2, as long as Martin returns. 

Toodle-pips, all! (Totally weaving this into conversation tomorrow 😬)

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Media thread is here.

I was hoping Kurt would pick Amanda and am sad to hear they have split, but I honestly think Kurt is better off with nobody than with Carolyn.

I think it didn't do Kurt any favours that Amanda's mom told him she is rich...because I feel like if I were Amanda, I would then be wondering if Kurt chose me because I have money. Amanda had made the decision not to mention her financial status for a reason. I wonder if that was part of the reason why her face seemed to fall a bit when she found out he isn't rich.

I am also curious as to how much money Kurt actually has! I doubt he is poor.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Still don't see what Kurt sees in Carolyn.

Add me to that pile!    I don't watch the showbiz gossip shows or read the tabloids, but I hope I don't have to HEAR that they hooked up.

2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

That was exactly what I was expecting of Carolyn. 

When, where, how, and WHY did she acquire that attitude?   She is NOT better than the other women (most of whom probably don't like her); she is NOT better than anyone.  I hope she enjoyed watching her antics.  

2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

especially after watching Amanda's face fall when Kurt told her he's not THE JOE.

I didn't see that at all.  

1 hour ago, Bookworm13 said:

And looks-wise, she’s always been average to me.

Add me to that pile!

• Love 2

Both Stephen and Kurt completely shocked me with their decisions.

I'm the most confused about Stephen's decision.  Annie was really in love with him.  Calah, I'm not sure at all.  Stephen should have lied to Calah about the money first to see her reaction.  LOL.  

God, Kurt is hot.  So hot.  Sigh. 

Both blondes with a lot of plastic surgery, LOL.  It's an influencers' world and I just live in it.

Stephen's adoration for Kurt is endlessly funny.

Martin is awesome.  Toodle Pips.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I fell off my couch when Kurt let Carolyn go. I mean….it was always her. 

I was so glad he dumped Carolyn. There is something wrong with her. And I think she thought he was the millionaire and when she found out he was not, she would have walked shortly. It would have lasted less than a month.

1 minute ago, LoveLeigh said:

I was so glad he dumped Carolyn. There is something wrong with her. And I think she thought he was the millionaire and when she found out he was not, she would have walked shortly. It would have lasted less than a month.

Spoiler

and I just read that Kurt and Amanda already split up... she probably though the had money. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, secnarf said:

I think it didn't do Kurt any favours that Amanda's mom told him she is rich...because I feel like if I were Amanda, I would then be wondering if Kurt chose me because I have money. Amanda had made the decision not to mention her financial status for a reason. I wonder if that was part of the reason why her face seemed to fall a bit when she found out he isn't rich.

Totally agree.  What a weird ass mother.

• Love 4

Carolyn left the way I expected.  She was just a bit too sure of herself.  I still have no idea why Kurt found her so attractive.  

Callah was more Steven's type than Annie.  Kurt just needed to pick anyone but Carolyn.

I love that Steven and Kurt have seen each other every weekend.  I love their bromance more than any of the romances.  

I hope we get another season.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

When, where, how, and WHY did she acquire that attitude?   She is NOT better than the other women (most of whom probably don't like her); she is NOT better than anyone.  I hope she enjoyed watching her antics.  

Oh she was the hilarious spoiled angry bitch she was primed to be. I think it was UnReal that separated contestants into "wifeys" and "bitches" and Caroline was certainly cast as the latter. 

That said, I do have a smidge of sympathy for her because I have to be honest, this really felt production encouraged. I can believe Steven was wavering between Annie and Calah because he's basically wavered between all of them. I also think that he rejected Annie in part because she's probably a little too sweet for his tastes right now. He'll likely learn a lesson with Calah ;) .  But as I have said previously, I think Kurt killed the suspense early on by so clearly choosing Caroline. There's a reason only one other woman was willing to pick Kurt, and if there had been more finalists, it just would have meant more women picking Steven because at least they had a chance. 

She was set up. I don't have a lot of sympathy because reality shows are a known commodity these days so she knew what she was getting into, but she really had no reason to NOT think she was going to be the winner. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall watching her watch the show back. I wonder if she’d be embarrassed by her antics or just say the producers/editing made her that way. However, given that reality tv isn’t a new thing anymore, I don’t believe anyone goes on reality shows for whatever the show is actually for. They’re there for exposure/to build their brand/get 15 mins of fame. I’d be curious if her overpriced facial oil gets a boost in sales from this. 

• Love 3

I was hoping for an update blurb, but there are several articles about them. It never would have worked with Carolyn and her requirement to stay where she is for her child.  I am sure she was surprised because she had been nothing but positive she was the one. I did have to laugh when Kurt said that his head wanted Amanda but his heart wanted Carolyn. No, Kurt, you got your body parts confused. That's NOT your heart.

• LOL 4

Wow, they really worked that editing to ramp up tension. They faked me out like 10x in the lead-up by bouncing back and forth between shots and interspersing the women so much. I cheered when I realized Kurt was actually letting Carolyn go. He and Amanda were so damn cute together, I'm bummed to hear they split already. I don't think she cared that he didn't have money though. She has enough of it.

Even MORE shocked at Stephen's decision because I was sure it was Annie. (Side note: Loved her dress. Also she's reminded me of Alexis from Schitt's Creek the whole season.) I'm glad to hear things are working out with Callah though and apparently she just moved to Missouri - they're planning on working on real estate ventures together. It did seem like she'd fit in better to farm life. Annie even said in the finale she pictured her and Stephen flying to visit each other, nothing about living together.

More of this show, please! Or a spin-off of escapades between Stephen and Kurt. Now that Kurt is single again, maybe Stephen can play wingman.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

More of this show, please! Or a spin-off of escapades between Stephen and Kurt. Now that Kurt is single again, maybe Stephen can play wingman.

I like that! Maybe they could do a version of "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" and let Steve pick out the right woman for Kurt. He seemed to know him pretty well. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am sure she was surprised because she had been nothing but positive she was the one.

I hope she was truly shocked!  She made too many snide comments because (for some reason--and men like Kurt), she thinks she's ALL THAT!  She's a pill...and a bitter one.

8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

She was set up.

Surely not!  The only way I can see Production's setting her up is if she was rude/condescending to them.  If she gave them a good reason, they'd probably enjoy setting her up.  She does have a superior attitude--with little reason as far as I saw.

8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

but she really had no reason to NOT think she was going to be the winner. 

She was an idiot to voice it over and over again.  And over.   And...now it's OVER!

• Love 1

I think it’s interesting that both the Joes dumped women to whom it came as a complete shock.

On Carolyn's side, I think she believed she had talked him out of any doubts, including by saying and doing control freak things such as “When you choose me...” “When this ends and our life starts...” and cutting him off. It was something to see her knocked off her pedestal. But I think Man Bun could have used some coaching. Like, don’t mansplain. Don’t say, “You have a lot of things to think about." You are an authority on your OWN thoughts and feelings only. How about “We  had chemistry I can’t deny, but I don’t think our lives fit together. It was not an easy decision. Goodbye, and I wish you the best.” Instead of  “it breaks my heart but my heart belongs to someone else,” which didn't seem the case before. 

Amanda was a fun woman who didn’t try to control Kurt's mind and heart. Since it’s out there that they broke up, those two didn’t fit together either, which didn’t surprise me; seemed like here might be some major cultural differences, and I don’t think Kurt knows WHAT he wants...hot mess...  

Annie was also shocked she wasn’t chosen. I don’t recall what Steven said but I liked his remarks better. Still, it had to have been a shock given how he had acted and what he had said before. Maybe all these ladies needed to be reminded “it’s not over ‘til it’s over,” and guys can say and do things that you think are “love” when they do not know what is going on or are thinking with the “little head.”

Annie is NYC and has a lot of allergies and I think Calah would be the better fit with the farm in Galatin, MO. I also preferred Annie's poise at the moment and her tears in the car, instead of the bitter and attacking response of Cruella Carolyn. If only I were a fly on the wall with the other ladies if they watched this epi together. Some humility and not breaking a guy's b***s would have taken C. further. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, jade.black said:

Now that Kurt is single again, maybe Stephen can play wingman.

Ugh, I think Man Bun is boring and still has a lot of growing up to do. 

I was shocked when I saw Amanda is only 28. She's got a kind of a horsey face and a lot of sun damage, she could pass for 40s. At least her legs weren't three shades darker, from fake tan, than the rest of her. My mother was a lot like Amanda's. She had her good points, but that loudmouth stuff could be off-putting and even hurtful.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Surely not!  The only way I can see Production's setting her up is if she was rude/condescending to them.  If she gave them a good reason, they'd probably enjoy setting her up.  She does have a superior attitude--with little reason as far as I saw.

I'm probably more cynical than you ;)

She basically wreaked the show by peeing on Kurt and making it super clear to the other women that she was NOT having any of them interfere.

I don't think Kurt needed his arm twisted to not choose her but I smell production demands in play. 

Also I can totally see that bitch being rude to production ;)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I don't think Kurt needed his arm twisted to not choose her but I smell production demands in play. 

I agree...and who--and what kind of contract could keep them from seeing each other after everything is over?   

35 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Also I can totally see that bitch being rude to production ;)

I always wish people who knew these villains (I don't care about the sweetie-pies) would come here and Dish the Dirt!  I think "that bitch" is rude to everyone.  Yeah, let her ex come and spill the tea!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

Ugh, I think Man Bun is boring and still has a lot of growing up to do. 

I'm sure my AGE has something to do with my opinion.  I'm 81 and think he's as CUTE and APPEALING as all get-out!  If he dances well (a necessity*) and I were even just ten years older than he, I'd be waiting in line.  *I come from a long line of women who married GREAT dancers.  Most of the time that didn't produce good husbands.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I’m stunned Steven actually found a real relationship from this. I figured he was just in it for the run of the show. Kurt had so much trouble dealing with being on the show that I am not surprised He’s fully single now. 

• Love 4
On 3/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I really like Annie's dress. Still don't see what Kurt sees in Carolyn.

Does Fox have these guys under contract for the rest of their lives, or can they team up for a future season of TAR on CBS in a year or two?

Yes pls let them do TAR

• Love 2
On 3/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, Cramps said:

I’m stunned Steven actually found a real relationship from this. I figured he was just in it for the run of the show. Kurt had so much trouble dealing with being on the show that I am not surprised He’s fully single now. 

I am more surprised about Callah.  I never trusted her.  But hey, good for them if they are together and in love.  Steven seems like an okay guy and I wish them well.

• Love 6

I'm watching SNL from last night, and they put a blonde wig on Zoe Kravitz that makes her look like Carolyn. Maybe that's what Kurt saw when he looked at her, a blonde Zoe Kravitz.

Edited by NeenerNeener

Annie's face when Steven didn't choose her looked genuinely sad and shocked.  She handled herself with such poise throughout the show, she has nothing to be ashamed of.  Unlike Carolyn who should be absolutely mortified at her own behavior.  But I don't imagine she has an ounce of self awareness at all.  

The four of them at the end together was really cute!  A follow-up show with the couples would have been fun, but knowing the outcome, obviously won't be possible.  

• Love 1