Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/14/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 14 –  Darlene Love performs; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Feb. 15 – ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis (author, “How High is Heaven”)

Wednesday, Feb. 16 – Lauren Wright guest co-hosts; Bubba Wallace (“Race: Bubba Wallace”)

Thursday, Feb. 17 – Lauren Wright guest co-hosts; Garcelle Beauvais (“Caught in His Web”)

Friday, Feb. 18 –  Mary J. Blige (album, “Good Morning Gorgeous”)

• Love 2

Same old Whoopi.  If I don't care about the topic (splitting up items during a divorce), I will declare it stupid and then talk over everyone else so they don't get to express their view.  Glad she took the time off to listen and reflect, LOL!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

Glad she took the time off to listen and reflect, LOL!

Did she? I was somehow expecting some sort of apology about her comments that got her out for the 2 weeks, so I don't know if she's learned anything.

Why did they have them all standing when Darlene Love came out?  Seemed kind of awkward but at least I got to see Sunny's bell bottoms (?).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, cinsays said:

Did she? I was somehow expecting some sort of apology about her comments that got her out for the 2 weeks, so I don't know if she's learned anything.

Why did they have them all standing when Darlene Love came out?  Seemed kind of awkward but at least I got to see Sunny's bell bottoms (?).

I think that the poster was being sarcastic and she did apologize the next day after she made her comments. 

• Love 3

Lauren Wright is an interesting guest. If I am seeing the correct one, it appears she is a professor and research scholar at Princeton. Guess an academic conservative might be a little interesting than the constant pundits they've been auditioning. 

Also Garcelle? Interesting they sometimes have 'The Real' hosts come on (her and Loni) but not anyone from the Talk. 

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Prince had an amazing halftime show, but I didn't like when the other hosts told Sara she was wrong for proclaiming this year's as her favorite.

Someone declaring something as their favorite is an opinion, and I think it's disrespectful to tell them "no, you're wrong because xyz was better."   It's opinion vs opinion, and someone choosing something different than you as their favorite doesn't take away from that thing still being your favorite.

Agreed, it's personal choice which is someones favourite as is someone else saying "no you're wrong" and giving their opinion as to why. How is that disrespectful ?

Sorry I missed the show today but it doesn’t sound like I missed much except for Darlene.

Prince was my fav halftime show too but I’d never tell anyone they were wrong if they preferred another artist’s show. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Agreed, it's personal choice which is someones favourite as is someone else saying "no you're wrong" and giving their opinion as to why. How is that disrespectful ?

Because they're not wrong. It's their favorite. They literally can't be wrong. Telling someone that their choice of favorite is wrong could be taken as rather presumptuous.

"My favorite color is blue."

"No, you're wrong. It's not even close to red."

Edited by tracyscott76
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

That Super Bowl halftime show was my favorite ever! 

Mine too.  My daughter in law said my granddaughter who is 9 said that is a bunch of old people.  I said you tell her those "old people" are the best of the best at what they do.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

but I didn't like when the other hosts told Sara she was wrong for proclaiming this year's as her favorite.

Let someone tell me my favorite of anything is wrong and they are going to hear a very long response as to why they are wrong.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Prince was my fav halftime show too

My brother's favorite is the U2 one the first Super Bowl after 9/11.

• Love 5
On 2/11/2022 at 8:10 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I expect Whoopi will be back Monday even though two weeks would technically be Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was hoping for this coming Wednesday so we'd at least have a couple more blissful days of a Whoopie-less show.  Alas, it was not to be.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Let someone tell me my favorite of anything is wrong and they are going to hear a very long response as to why they are wrong.

In my opinion that would then be called a discussion on the merits of each. Doesn't make it disrespectful to tell someone why you think they're wrong, life would be boring if we all agreed.

We can then respectfully agree to disagree and just get on with life.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

In my opinion that would then be called a discussion on the merits of each. Doesn't make it disrespectful to tell someone why you think they're wrong, life would be boring if we all agreed.

Yes. I don't mind a debate about something.  But for someone to just flat out tell someone their opinion is wrong is very condescending.  

• Love 3
Just now, bluegirl147 said:
Just now, Welshman in Ca said:

Yes. I don't mind a debate about something.  But for someone to just flat out tell someone their opinion is wrong is very condescending.  

And again, someone can't be "wrong" about their favorite, so it can't be debated. So telling them they're wrong isn't a "discussion on the merits of each."

If they had said, "This year's halftime show was the best", then that's debatable and can initiate a discussion on merits. Starting off with "you're wrong" could still be kind of blunt, but it's at least applicable.

But they didn't say it was the best, just that it was their favorite. So that's where the idea that it's disrespectful to tell them they're wrong is coming in.

I wasn't really paying attention, but I thought Sara said she thought this year's Super Bowl's Half-Time show was the "BEST" she'd ever seen, and not her favorite. And that Ana disagreed and said she thought Prince's show in 2007 was the best? I think Sunny chimed in her agreement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

"It is an honor to sit at this table and be able to have these conversations because they're important. They're important to us as a nation, and to us more so as a human entity."

HILAROUS.  Reading between the lines I can almost see, "I don't care how long you continue to pay me while I'm not working, I WAS NOT WRONG!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

But for someone to just flat out tell someone their opinion is wrong is very condescending.  

Sara wasn't giving an opinion...she was stating a fact.  Pointing out that her considered selection is wrong is rude (and incorrect).  AND...even though I haven't seen the show yet, I bet the attitude was condescending.

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

"It is an honor to sit at this table and be able to have these conversations because they're important. They're important to us as a nation, and to us more so as a human entity."

HILAROUS.  Reading between the lines I can almost see, "I don't care how long you continue to pay me while I'm not working, I WAS NOT WRONG!"

I thought exactly the same thing!  Whoopi's non-apology speech.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She was suspended without pay.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She was suspended without pay.

Thanks GHS--my mistake.   "It's now reported that The Sister Act star, who is paid $5 million a year from The View was suspended without any pay for the two weeks she's off the show. This means Whoopi will lose out on a whopping $192,000 pay during her two-week mandatory hiatus from the hit ABC talk show."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Omigosh!  I’m dying with Joy mistaking Jesse Helms for Jesse Owens.

Poor Grandpa getting thrown under the bus.

Man, Sara is naive, believing in the better nature of Americans to save democracy.

Whoopi thinks Ghost was a comedy?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi thinks Ghost was a comedy?

I remember when Ghost came out and I went to see it.  Afterwards I didn't really know how to explain it people.  It had funny moments. It had romantic moments. It was kinda a (mild) thriller.  It had the supernatural thing happening.  I just told people it was good movie.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Maybe I'm just weird but I think Sara looks great today.

I thought so, too.  Her hair was just a tad too "pagent-y/poufy", but I thought Sara's makeup was on point.  I think that Sara is a natural beauty, though.

OTOH, I am trying to figure out if Sunny's hair is all hers, or if she has extensions or hairpieces added in.  That is a lot of hair!!  

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Maybe I'm just weird but I think Sara looks great today.

Not only that but Sara had a great throwaway line today when she said, "CBD, THC, none of it matters as long as you're down with OPP"😄

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought so, too.  Her hair was just a tad too "pagent-y/poufy", but I thought Sara's makeup was on point.  I think that Sara is a natural beauty, though.

OTOH, I am trying to figure out if Sunny's hair is all hers, or if she has extensions or hairpieces added in.  That is a lot of hair!!  

I’ve wondered too - all those little “baby hairs” gelled down make me curious 

• Love 1

One of their funnier shows today. Between Joy turning her fumble into a recurring joke in the first segment ("You mean AOC?")  to Whoopi's voice on the fiances arguing topic to Ana acknowledging Whoopi choking herself at the beginning of the interview, it was pretty much straight through the whole show. The very last shot before the commercials set in being Sara pretending she's about to attack Joy again ("Joy!" "NO!") was hilarious.

• Love 5
On 2/14/2022 at 1:33 PM, tracyscott76 said:

Because they're not wrong. It's their favorite. They literally can't be wrong. Telling someone that their choice of favorite is wrong could be taken as rather presumptuous.

"My favorite color is blue."

"No, you're wrong. It's not even close to red."

One of the very best things my mom drummed into my dear little ear was NEVER say anyone is “wrong” for expressing an opinion. Just say “I disagree.” She even said to avoid saying someone is wrong on the facts, just say “That’s incorrect.” I’ve carried that wise advice with me for many years.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Whoopi didn't learn a thing. 

No she did not.  The whole tone of the show changes when she is there. Why can't TPTB see that? She really drags it down.

11 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

I wish Barbara would've made Whoopi the Sharon Osborne of the table in 2007. the cultural icon who says witty things that everyone fake awes at. she was desperate enough for a job she would've taken it...why the mod chair why Babs 😢

I don't think Whoopi likes playing second fiddle.

Although I did appreciate her thoughts on Oscar voting. It's not just (or not supposed to be) a popularity contest.  People in their individual fields are voting for people who did what they think was the best in their fields.  With that being said I didn't think her performance in Ghost deserved the Oscar that year.  She was good in the role but I thought she deserved to win for The Color Purple.

12 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Whoopi needs suspended for 2 weeks for the stupid mocking/valley girl voices she does to introduce a topic. no way anyone thinks that's funny, she also barely knows when to stop it and it creates the most awkward transitions 

I hate when she does that.  It makes her sound stupid and beneath how a moderator should act.

18 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Not only that but Sara had a great throwaway line today when she said, "CBD, THC, none of it matters as long as you're down with OPP"😄

I think Sunny heard it because she had a smile on her face but I don't think the others heard it or if they did got the reference.  Just hearing OPP takes me back to the early 90s. Sara is quick on her feet. She comes up with some pretty funny things off the cuff.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

think Sunny heard it because she had a smile on her face but I don't think the others heard it or if they did got the reference.  Just hearing OPP takes me back to the early 90s. Sara is quick on her feet. She comes up with some pretty funny things off the cuff.

Because I’m old I don’t know what this means. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6