Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

But remember, this is the same group of people that laugh at Whoopi’s imitation of the Queen. 🙄

I think that’s in their contracts.

Yep, Alyssa is still at it, criticizing trump for destroying documents, but what about Hillary’s emails?

Yay for Ana bringing up the gazpacho!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Hillary didn't destroy classified documents, Alyssa!  Ugh, just when I was starting to think she was tolerable.  And I think I'm going to watch that Lucille Ball movie, based on interviews I've seen on this show.  It'll be nice to take a break from reality TV for a while, LOL.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, TimWil said:

I’m looking forward to Joy and especially Ana mocking Marjorie Taylor Greene over her gestapo/gazpacho faux pas today.

It happened in the Kinzinger interview, when he was talking about Kevin McCarthy being a weak leader and how he's under the thumb of MTG:

Ana: "If his cell-phone is ringing off the hook with MTG, I hope he has a good gazpacho recipe. The gazpacho police and a paella patrol!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Haha. OK. I thought it might be featured in its own discussion but then realized that the “gestapo” reference might not be very wise to bring up considering what had just happened with Whoopi!

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, jalady said:

Hillary didn't destroy classified documents, Alyssa!  Ugh, just when I was starting to think she was tolerable. 

If she didn't misrepresent things like that I could probably live with her.  But one of her former jobs was Strategic Communications Director. She knows how to spin things.  

The View loves to hire cohosts that end up having kids while cohosting.  Elisabeth, Sara, Abby and Meghan all had kids while cohosting.  Alyssa is newly married so I can see the View considering that in deciding to hire her. 

She is definitely more polished than the woman who previously sat in that seat.  And she seems to play well with others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

The View loves to hire cohosts that end up having kids while cohosting.  Elisabeth, Sara, Abby and Meghan all had kids while cohosting.  Alyssa is newly married so I can see the View considering that in deciding to hire her. 

why would that be something they would look for on this show?

• Love 1

Michael Symon is on and he makes popcorn?  What a waste!  Joy doesn’t know what a tailgate party is?  (I am going to have to find that meatball recipe though.)

Yay for Darlene Love next week!

I doubt anyone on the panel cares at all about the SuperBowl. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except Meghan hated talking about kids. She actively and passive aggressively would change the subject and only had a kid the year her ass got booted. 

True but the audience loves babies. I still remember when Elisabeth was pregnant (I forget which time) and when the show made the announcement her cohosts all started to stand as if to say it was them that was pregnant.   

I hope Alyssa is not the replacement.  Since they talked about her wedding again today I looked up her husband and found he is a graduate of Patrick Henry College {for Christ and for Liberty} in Virginia where Madison Cawthorn attended briefly.  This school was founded in 2000 and the Washington Post had an article at the time that the school was founded to educate young people to work in Washington government.  They claim they are God's Harvard. 

There has to be a conservative that would fit in with the current mix of left minded and the middle of the road undecided.  I don't get that  comfort level with this weeks guest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

She is definitely more polished than the woman who previously sat in that seat.  And she seems to play well with others.

The View has become so political that they don't seem to focus so much on babies significantly.  It isn't the draw for them.

I know Meghan was remote but I think the audience would have had to be reminded that she was pregnant.

Edited by Rightside

Dull show today. I knew that as soon as they showed the chef. I suppose it's better than giving them one segment where they're desperately trying to finish something and answer 500 questions simultaneously, but I always hate how it eats into hot topics.

I was grateful Klobuchar pointed out how there was no outrage over Trump and Reagan wanting to put women on the Supreme Court--particularly since those women were not supportive of women's rights, making their identities a misdirect--compared to Biden having promised years ago at this point to put the first Black woman on the Court if he won. It's almost like the outrage is manufactured race-baiting--no, surely not! *eyeroll*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Axie said:
21 hours ago, TheView said:

Alyssa will probably get the seat 

I sincerely hope not.

I agree.  AND...remember, THIS is her best behavior.  She wants the job and she wants the other ladies to like her...THIS WEEK.

9 hours ago, Rightside said:

Alyssa what's her name reminded me more and more of Jedediahblahblah.She even looks somewhat like her!!

HaHA!

7 hours ago, geekburger said:

Alyssa is still a bit too newscastery for me. 

6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It's like watching & listening to a brown haired Ann Coulter.

All of the above.  Most of all, I DON'T TRUST HER.  She's already been a bit pushy when she needs to be giving everyone her best side.  She's lucky Whoopi's not here for her audition.

Alyssa is smart and quick, but she'll try to be in charge in no time.  AND...we'll hear a lot of quiet bragging about her previous jobs.  Appearing to be anti-Trump ain't gonna cut it.

Edited by Back Atcha
A merge won't work.
  • Love 1

This was the merge:

The week has been fun.  Joy is a good moderator.  They all seemed to be participating AND enjoying themselves.  IF Whoopi comes back, I assume she WILL DEMAND to continue as Enept Moderator.  There's no way she will tone down her bossiness.

• Love 6

Don’t the women of the View realize yet that they mention Donald Trump, daily?! The more attention they bring to him, the better his chances of winning the next election. I mean, hey, I’m all for that…but still! Maybe the fact that Joy Behard still doesn’t know what a tailgate party is, while covering a Super Bowl segment is yet another sign of their “intelligent views”. 🤣😂

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This was the merge:

The week has been fun.  Joy is a good moderator.  They all seemed to be participating AND enjoying themselves.  IF Whoopi comes back, I assume she WILL DEMAND to continue as Enept Moderator.  There's no way she will tone down her bossiness.

Joy is just an OK moderator to me.  Better than Whoopi I will concede.  But her transitions and how she often abruptly ends discussions is just about as awkward as Whoopi's.   I actually would like to to see Sarah get a turn a moderating.  I know it's the Senior position on the show, so they'd never let her do it, but I do think she'd be decent at it.    

• Love 4
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I actually would like to to see Sarah get a turn a moderating.  I know it's the Senior position on the show, so they'd never let her do it, but I do think she'd be decent at it.    

That's an interesting idea and I wouldn't mind seeing it either. I think she could do really well in that seat, especially since she seems to be really aware of segment timing from what I've noticed. The day everyone got rushed off with false-positives she did really well under stress too! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Joy is just an OK moderator to me.  Better than Whoopi I will concede.  But her transitions and how she often abruptly ends discussions is just about as awkward as Whoopi's.   I actually would like to to see Sarah get a turn a moderating.  I know it's the Senior position on the show, so they'd never let her do it, but I do think she'd be decent at it.    

ooooooooh Sunny would be pissed I bet since she has senrioty and over Sara.  But I agree I think she would be great at it.  Joy had a ball this last two weeks.  She definitely made the most of it.  

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Is Whoopi’s two weeks up?

Monday.  I wonder if she will talk about things, or if she had to sign an NDA

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree.  AND...remember, THIS is her best behavior.  She wants the job and she wants the other ladies to like her...THIS WEEK.

Exactly. They're all going to act real friendly until they have a contract. That said, I'm not worried about Alyssa Farrah. Even if they do hire her, the other ladies can handle her easy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

ooooooooh Sunny would be pissed I bet since she has senrioty and over Sara.  But I agree I think she would be great at it.  Joy had a ball this last two weeks.  She definitely made the most of it.  

Bring back Meredith.  When she appeared remotely a few months ago she brought back that positive attitude and sunny disposition that has been sorely missing from the moderator's chair for years.  She has the journalistic chops and when she sat in the chair she was able to disarm the co-hosts with a sense of humor whenever the discussions became heated. 

I like Sara but I think the egos at the table are too big to allow her ascension (does that word sound like a name? Lol) and Sara strikes me as the type who doesn't need that type of added stress in her life.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Better than Whoopi I will concede.  But her transitions and how she often abruptly ends discussions is just about as awkward as Whoopi's. 

I wonder if it's more at the "direction" of their producer, Brian.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I actually would like to to see Sarah get a turn a moderating.  I know it's the Senior position on the show, so they'd never let her do it, but I do think she'd be decent at it.    

Sara would be so lost moderating and would need two bells. She can hardly keep up with the discussions and seems to always be the last one to talk. 

Let her do View Your Deal.

• Love 1

I think it's more likely Rosie O'Donnell would return than Meredith. Like Lisa, Meredith has said several times that she doesn't think she could deal with the way the media treats The View these days. Rosie might consider coming back if Whoopi ever does leave.

But Joy is perfect as moderator, imo. The only downside is that she gets to talk less as a moderator than a regular panelist and I admit I prefer hearing Joy's thoughts over most of the others. I have no doubt Sara would put in the effort, she seems to have really good work ethic going by how she handles View Your Deal, The Chase, etc., but I don't think a moderator role would suit her or Sunny, tbh. There are a lot of celebs out there who could fill the role of moderator (Gayle King, Queen Latifah, Ann Curry, etc.) if they ever did need a new one, it  would be more an issue of getting them to take the job.

• Love 6

Rosie, while enjoyable on occasion is way too aggressive to come back as moderator.  I enjoyed her as moderator because she ran a tight ship but internally I think she would cause problems.

I was reading Sunny's memoir and she mentioned auditioning with a pregnant S E Cupp with Rosie as moderator.  The subject was abortion and Sunny said Rosie was so aggressive against S E's stance, after the audition she followed S E back to the green room and continued her argument.  She's almost as bad as Whoopi when it comes to stubbornly defending her point of view.  A moderator has to allow the conversation to flow and varying points of view to be heard while keeping it from devolving into a verbal bloodbath.  That's not Rosie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Nah, I don't agree that Rosie's that bad or that she's like Whoopi at all. Whoopi's problem is a combination of her ego and being incomprehensible because her mind isn't firing on all cylinders anymore thanks to drugs. She would argue with Rosie and Sunny even on things she normally said herself, just for a reason to argue with them and to feel like she's running the show--all while making no sense at all. That, and she puts zero effort in because she feels she's underpaid. Rosie's only flaw is occasionally becoming too passionate about the topics, not that she wouldn't allow the topics themselves to be discussed. I remember there were some topics while she was there in 2014 that Whoopi wanted off-limits that only ended up on the show because of O'Donnell.

And, hey, if O'Donnell would be able to keep some of the more rancid people who've tried to get a spot off the show, more's the better, imo. But my point was to say that it's unlikely Meredith would come back. If the show was still the way it had been then, I believe she would for sure.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but based on the last few days, I don't mind Alyssa.  BUT, this:

7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

remember, THIS is her best behavior.  She wants the job and she wants the other ladies to like her...THIS WEEK.

I agree she's on her best behavior to get the job.  If she stayed like she's been the last few days, I would be OK with her being the new host.  But I think once she's hired, she'd become much more aggressive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We the viewers should have been gifted a 2 for 1 deal when Megs got the boot ....Brian Teta should have left with her. There's something about him I've never liked since he first started.

The Talk has gotten it's groove back somewhat this season since they hired Natalie Morales as a moderator of sorts. I still watch it a few times a week compared to The View which I might watch a couple times a month. I'm beyond exhausted at the way The View wants it's hosts to discuss political goings on especially when it involves the kind of people they seem to want for that 5th seat. I enjoyed the show a lot more when discussions seemed more organic  instead of what at times feels like undercover brand endorsements.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, After7Only said:

I agree. Joy isn't too great at moderating but she is better than Whoopi. Joy is at times abrupt and awkward at it. I think the cohosts need to be better trained at throwing it back to the moderator so she can close the topic. Problem is, all these cohosts have the gift of gab and would probably keep talking right through the commercial if the moderator didn't abruptly stop them.

I love Sara but i don't think she would be a good moderator (on The View) because she has such a hard time speaking up and/or interjecting. She could be a great moderator on a different show, though. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy is at times abrupt and awkward at it. I think the cohosts need to be better trained at throwing it back to the moderator so she can close the topic. Problem is, all these cohosts have the gift of gab and would probably keep talking right through the commercial if the moderator didn't abruptly stop them.

I'd like to see what happens if they have someone more capable--WAY MORE CAPABLE of directing the show as their little puppy dog, Brian.  Let's see someone handle the job like those who do some of the news channel shows:  CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews.  They cut for "breaking news" on a moment's notice--and always professionally.  I don't think the puppets on The View are wholly at fault; it's the puppeteer.

17 hours ago, Jaded said:

We the viewers should have been gifted a 2 for 1 deal when Megs got the boot ....Brian Teta should have left with her. There's something about him I've never liked since he first started.

THANK YOU, JADED!   I wish I had read your comment before making mine.  I'd have given you the credit you deserve--and probably could have been meaner about Brian.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nah, I don't agree that Rosie's that bad or that she's like Whoopi at all. Whoopi's problem is a combination of her ego and being incomprehensible because her mind isn't firing on all cylinders anymore thanks to drugs. She would argue with Rosie and Sunny even on things she normally said herself, just for a reason to argue with them and to feel like she's running the show--all while making no sense at all. That, and she puts zero effort in because she feels she's underpaid.

Wish I'd said all these bolded phrases AND added...because she KNOWS she's smarter and more well-read (well-listened) than any panelest OR GUEST on the show.  She's just better than everyone!  Thou shalt not question the Whoopi!  She's unbearable.  I hope she decides to "show them' (which includes us) and refuses to come back.  Now...if we can find a way for Disney to embarrass her.

Wouldn't a podcast be the perfect spot for her.  In charge.  No clothing requirement.  She's the boss.  No censorship.  AND...all her Showbiz Suck-ups we have to suffer (as in "tolerate") on The View will be her favorite/perennial guests.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I love Sara but i don't think she would be a good moderator (on The View) because she has such a hard time speaking up and/or interjecting. She could be a great moderator on a different show, though. 

I could've seen Sara moderating 1 Girl 5 Gays. I miss that show sometimes, it could be fun.

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I'd like to see what happens if they have someone more capable--WAY MORE CAPABLE of directing the show as their little puppy dog, Brian.  Let's see someone handle the job like those who do some of the news channel shows:  CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews.  They cut for "breaking news" on a moment's notice--and always professionally.  I don't think the puppets on The View are wholly at fault; it's the puppeteer.

THANK YOU, JADED!   I wish I had read your comment before making mine.  I'd have given you the credit you deserve--and probably could have been meaner about Brian.

I totally agree. I've always thought Brian Teta was a low-rate director and he has no business directing a LIVE show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I totally agree. I've always thought Brian Teta was a low-rate director and he has no business directing a LIVE show.

I dont think Candi Carter was much better. and she is already just quit running the Tamron Hall show over the toxicity or something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1