Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: The Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

The season nine reunion comes to an electrifying conclusion as Brock and Scheana defend their plan to get married during James and Raquel's engagement weekend. Lala spills scandalous secrets about the end of her relationship with Randall, and Ariana unleashes on Katie for questioning her integrity. Finally, James and Raquel share an emotional moment before going their separate ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did Brock admit to lying on his investor US Visa application? Both Andy & Lisa seem to see him for the grifter he is. I know Scheana's so proud to have a partner but I bet his ex-wife also thought he was a great partner until he hit her, ditched her & the kids, and moved across the world.  There's no better predictor than past behavior, Ask Lala.

Also, Ariana wants to gloat how she's so above pedestrian things like engagements and marriage yet when someone mentions that they're not important to her, she gets angry & defensive. Pick a lane, sweetie.

• Love 24
(edited)

I watched the rerun because it was gaming night, but I couldn't help but notice how they kept cutting to Charli smirking and making faces. Go away, Charli!

I loved how Raquel called out LaLa for previously being Randal's mistress and them showing clips that indicated he did the same things when they were cheating on his wife. "Satan Andy" cueing up the clips was the cherry on top of that shit sundae.

I have mixed feelings about Brock. He seems nice enough, but he put up one of his businesses as collatoral for his $500K visa application?

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I watched the rerun because it was gaming night, but I couldn't help but notice how they kept cutting to Charli smirking and making faces. Go away, Charli!

I loved how Raquel called out LaLa for previously being Randal's mistress and them showing clips that indicated he did the same things when they were cheating on his wife. "Satan Andy" cueing up the clips was the cherry on top of that shit sundae.

I have mixed feelings about Brock. He seems nice enough, but he put up one of his businesses as collatoral for his $500K visa application?

Watched this reunion even though I don’t often see the show - came to post about Raquel getting real about Lala too. That was a long time coming - and surprising that it was Raquel who dared to speak the words. Really interesting reunion!

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Watched this reunion even though I don’t often see the show - came to post about Raquel getting real about Lala too. That was a long time coming - and surprising that it was Raquel who dared to speak the words. Really interesting reunion!

Same here, watched maybe 2 episodes because it's basically unwatchable, but tuned into the reunion. Finally, a reason for Raquel to be there. Calling out Lala. No sympathy for Lala. If they cheat with you they will cheat on you. Ask Tori Spelling. I can't stand James, never could, Sandoval has become a caricature and Ariana acting so superior to everyone when she chooses to be with him is laughable. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but Sheana has gotten dumber as the years progress. Brock may be the worst one yet and Shay was an addict. Her ability to live in a fantasy world is truly astonishing. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Don't even know who Charli is and doesn't appear I missed anything. This show has gone so downhill. I hate to say it, but it was best when Kristen was crazy and Stassi was furious. I am glad Jax and Brittney-the only person that can compete with Sheana on her delusions- are gone, but the show is a shadow in itself the first couple of seasons.

Edited by chlban
  • Applause 1
  • Love 16

I have ambivalent feelings about Brock - on the one hand, I think that they are right to be a little suspicious about his relationship with Scheana and to think he is taking advantage, especially when it came to the planning of their "wedding."  And while I don't dislike Scheana, I think she's being willfully obtuse about the whole "announcing your engagement at someone else's engagement party" thing.

But I also think that Brock is pretty spot on when it comes to his assessments of both Lala and James. So he may be a moocher but he's not wrong about those two, at least. I thought Brock was pretty astute to say that Raquel wasn't moving her career dreams forward because she was so exhausted being in a relationship with James.

IMO, Katie and Sandoval don't get along because they are both so alike. And the truth is, they both obviously care very much about Schwartz. So they are both constantly battling for Schwartz's soul. Schwartz is obviously pretty conflict-averse and a people pleaser, and maybe if he weren't trying to make everyone else happy, Sandoval and Katie wouldn't be constantly fighting. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Man, is there any way we can legally make James wear a sign that  basically says, "Dangerous, hazardous materials enclosed", because he is not in a good space.

James said giving up alcohol didn’t fix everything - and clearly he continues to numb himself out. There has been some speculation that James may be gay, but unwilling to face such a life-changing realization. I’ve been thinking that he’s really angry and hurt about things that happened in his family - but I guess it could also be something else.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 13

Love love love when Raquel so nonchalantly dropped the La La mistress bomb.  Stealth!  Revenge is a dish best served cold.  You know La La didn't want that out there as she was playing the whole jilted fiance' role.

Bet Brock was hoping a whole being left at the alter scenario for James and Raquel so he and Scheana could just step right up and get married on the spot in someone else' venue.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

I thought Scheana looked awful. She also made a side comment to Brock about how uncomfortable she was in that dress. Ariana and Katy also had on dresses that crushed their boobs. 

Did Scheana forget there was an entire season of the show that was all about her stupid over the top first wedding? She can't admit she and Brock looked like famewhores trying to impose on someone else's engagement party. Shut up, bitch. You had your time. 

C'mon Lala. You never went to his house and didn't suspect it was because he had a wife living there? Get real. She knew he was cheating from the get but didn't care because as Brock said she was enjoying all the perks. 

Damn it, I still like James and thought he looked handsome in his suit. He seemed so sad and handled all the questions pretty well. It was made clear that Raquel wanted the break up, not him. Raquel is such a sweetie. I hope she really does pursue her career goals. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12

I like James too (which doesn't mean I’d like to have him in my life on a daily basis, mind you!), and even though I see all of his crazy assholery, I also see something like a…neglected child in an adult’s body that makes me sad for him. It doesn’t absolve him, but maybe explains him. Just seems like someone somewhere dropped the ball with him when he was a little kid.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I also see something like a…neglected child in an adult’s body that makes me sad for him. It doesn’t absolve him, but maybe explains him. Just seems like someone somewhere dropped the ball with him when he was a little kid.

I agree, but it's well past time for him to do a deeper dive and get consistent help. I don't think he's beyond redemption, but his treatment of women is frightening and disturbing, and I wonder what he witnessed growing up. It's going to take a loooot of work beyond giving up substances for him to see the light, and unfortunately this gang enabled him for a really long time.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Definitely. And to state the obvious, this environment does not seem to be a good place for him at all! 

Yep.  Rule 1 of sobriety and trying to improve your life - DO NOT BE ON REALITY TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The producers of these kind of shows are bordering on sociopathy and they prey upon the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of people.  They LOVE it when people are struggling with addiction and have past trauma and even encourage them to keep their addictions. 

I understand the dynamics of having shitty parents, but you also don't get a pass in mistreating people who have nothing to do with it.  If you want to scream and lash out on your parents, then go ahead.  Many times in my life I have felt the urge to burn my parents' house (didn't, don't worry).  But treating your possible future wife terribly is unacceptable.  Raquel might be the only one to have gotten out of a shitty relationship at some point in this show.  Others went on to marry or make long-term committments with their shitty partners.

On the other hand, it's James' choice to be on the show and he's been on since season 3, so there's that.  I'm big on personal accountability.

• Love 9

Raquel’s mother had to call her to explain that marriage makes you have a 50/50 partnership. Yikes! It’s a good thing she’s not getting married if she doesn’t even understand the basic legal premise of marriage. Meanwhile Sandoval appears to be wearing a wedding band, but I presume this is just part of his 1970s businessman esthetic he has going on.

Andy, read the room—Raquel DID leave James—it was just over his bad attitude not his bad looks.

Brock is a real piece of shit. Jeez!

Raquel’s dad told Lisa he was digging a shallow grave for James at their engagement party?!? Man, he was right for not wanting them to get married, but not exactly the time or place.

Ooh Scheana is pissed about sitting on the left end. That’s practically an excommunication from Bravo, apparently.

I was almost feeling sorry for Lala until she started going on about how devastating it was because she knew he would never cheat on her—despite the fact that they got together as an affair. His kids the first time around weren’t enough to keep him in check, so why would your baby be an insurance policy here? (Ok, this Miami girl interstitial with Charli saying, “You never let your man go to Miami” and Ariana shaking her head agreeing like Miami is the ultimate den of sin cracked me up.) Charli didn’t know that Lala cheated with Randall? Honey, you didn’t watch the show before you came on? Oh this has been on for so long she may have been in middle school. Everyone’s faces in reaction to calling Lala and Randall out as history repeating itself is hysterical! This needs to be a gif meme! The fact that Randall thought the best place to go for relationship advice was James is everything you need to know that this  man is hopeless. Stay away, pretty young ladies of Hollywood! He’ll be Me Too’ed any day now. Sound like he might be Madolfed, too, with this investment Ponzi scheme.

Still a lot of high emotions on the nearly but not quite stolen moment. Ariana even threw her earpiece on the ground as to not have to listen to Lala. I’m almost surprised that Scheana didn’t throw it back that their engagement didn’t even last so what’s the problem? (that seems like a thing Scheana would say.)

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder why Raquel is not close with her aunt/birth mother.

I wasn't close with my older sister/birth mother either. Lots of complicated feelings there, resentment, jealousy even some anger.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 5:41 AM, bosawks said:

Man, is there any way we can legally make James wear a sign that  basically says, "Dangerous, hazardous materials enclosed", because he is not in a good space.

Every item of clothing he owns should be required to prominently feature yellow "CAUTION" tape.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

James is one of those guys that is too young to get married. He is still immature in many ways so why rush it? He's barely 30. He should do himself (and any woman he's involved with, or any future kids he may have) a favor and wait until he's late 30's or early 40's like Jax, Schwartz, Beau. He still has alot to learn about himself and how to be in a healthy relationship. 

• Love 8

I’m confused about the investment thing with Randall. He was going to borrow it from someone else then split part of it with them then invest? His so called wealth is obv a house of cards but I didn’t get that one part.

The thing with marriage is dumb. None of these ppl should be acting superior about being married. Katie and Schwartz weren’t even legally married for a bit because he was an idiot lol.

LaLa obv knew Rand was married when they got together. She’s suddenly an idiot and doesn’t think it’s weird she would never go to his house. I don’t buy her stories.

James sometimes has a funny moment here and there. If only he could be less of an asshole the majority of the time. I’ve always suspected he is repressing his sexuality. Which is obv his choice but remember when he was living with that older guy in a one bedroom apartment there was some weird vibes there.

Raquel calling out LaLa as a mistress was great. Where was this Raquel all this time lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Marley said:

LaLa obv knew Rand was married when they got together. She’s suddenly an idiot and doesn’t think it’s weird she would never go to his house. I don’t buy her stories.

But I do buy her stories she's telling the whole world now about how much she hated having sex with him.  Well, DUH.  We already knew that!

• Fire 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Marley said:

I’m confused about the investment thing with Randall. He was going to borrow it from someone else then split part of it with them then invest? His so called wealth is obv a house of cards but I didn’t get that one part.

As I understood it, he pledged an amount to Katie and Arianna but raised most of that money from others, possibly taking sole credit for the business and under-reporting whatever profits they made to them, so yeah, he doesn't have as much money as he claims. What is odd to me is why they were surprised b/c he mentioned them when he  said they wouldn't be as forgiving about being late for meetings, ARIANNA. 

• Love 3
On 1/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Shauna is so stupid with regard to sitting on the left side and them recording her “bad side.”

I was laughing so hard about Scheana being that pissed over her "bad side" being recorded for posterity! Does she even *have* any pictures from that side? It was funny to watch her trying in vain to turn her "good side" to the cameras as much as possible. I'm surprised she didn't throw her neck out! 
She must have pissed off the production team this year to get that seat, or Brock did.

2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

As I understood it, he pledged an amount to Katie and Arianna but raised most of that money from others, possibly taking sole credit for the business and under-reporting whatever profits they made to them, so yeah, he doesn't have as much money as he claims. What is odd to me is why they were surprised b/c he mentioned them when he  said they wouldn't be as forgiving about being late for meetings, ARIANNA. 

Ohh! I thought Rand was charging a sort of "finder's fee" for bringing potential investment opportunities to a group of rich friends, and also receiving a small stake in it IF they chose to actually pony up the money. it all sounded shady to me and I hope he gets busted for it if he's doing something illegal. (I also hope that Brock gets popped for admitting to lying on his visa application!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, JenE4 said:

Sorry!

I like that lala is now "I wish someone would have said something to me about these rumors". Anytime anyone saids his name she was ready to fight. She knew what was up, she's just trying to make herself a victim so people will forget she had sex for vehicles, private jets and rent money. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15