Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E94: Afterparty: Wedding Nights, Brunches, and Bus Fights 01/26/22

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam chats with Alyssa, Olajuwan, and Mark about their wedding nights and the rocky start to the honeymoons, but the conversation ends dramatically when one of the cast members walks out of the studio.

Airs Wednesday January 26 at 11:03PM EST.

If Alyssa wanted to find everything she’s ever wished for and wanted in a man, she needs to find that herself not go on a tv show where she knows the odds. I honestly don’t think there is a man for her unless he’s a total masochist 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Olajuwon nailed it with regards to Alyssa and Chris. She wasn’t attracted to him and let the corny things his friends said to her give her leeway for an out. The previews show that bitch crying and pouting, saying “I’m not happy!” 
Poor Chris, he doesn’t deserve to be treated like this. Any good will I held toward Alyssa is GONE!

I guess y’all bailed on me tonight!

• Love 16

What we saw on Afterparty tonight is what I live for! No editing magic there, just real reactions from all three - highly entertaining and so telling of their true personalities. Keshia did a great job drawing out the insights. I appreciate her skills over what Jamie Otis would have done in this situation.

And if you watch a second time like I just did, focus on O’s and Mark’s faces while Alyssa is speaking. Pure gold.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 23

I loved the Keisha pushed back on Alyssa's bullshit.  Alyssa, we all know what's going on here.  Just say it!  All of the "it was confidential" blah blah blah.  Keisha asking her why she came on the show was gold.  Then when Keisha said, "we'll just have to watch to see if we can figure out what's going on" and ACE storming off.  I wasn't surprised at all. 

• Love 20

Keisha was great — respectful but strong. And of course Alyssa walked. But Oy, poor Mark. He’s been married for less than two days and is already having to do referee fights and do damage control for Lindsey. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Olajuwon nailed it with regards to Alyssa and Chris. She wasn’t attracted to him and let the corny things his friends said to her give her leeway for an out. 

Absolutely! 100%

• Love 5

Keshia did a great job drawing out the insights. 

LOVE that she just said point blank, "why did you go on this show?" Also, "are you attracted to him." That was a massive eyeroll from ACE before she eeked out a "he's not my type."

• Love 7

Can I buy a vowel as to what ACE stands for? I must have checked out somewhere and missed it.

Keshia really stepped up the questioning, so total props to her for putting the heat on Alyssa and making her cry. She is so fos and she knows it. Girl, bye. She did herself no favors going on this show whereas Chris will be fine. I’m not sure who the other cast members dislike more, her or Lindsey at this point. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Can I buy a vowel as to what ACE stands for? I must have checked out somewhere and missed it.

Keshia really stepped up the questioning, so total props to her for putting the heat on Alyssa and making her cry. She is so fos and she knows it. Girl, bye. She did herself no favors going on this show whereas Chris will be fine. I’m not sure who the other cast members dislike more, her or Lindsey at this point. 

ACE are her initials - Alyssa C. Ellman - and are emblazoned on a necklace she wears at her throat constantly, including down the aisle. That spoke volumes.

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cancun said:

ACE are her initials - Alyssa C. Ellman - and are emblazoned on a necklace she wears at her throat constantly, including down the aisle. That spoke volumes.

It sure does! Don’t know how I missed that. Thank goodness I have you guys. Thank you!

• Love 2

Keisha spoke for all of us—though more politely than I would have: Why the hell would you go on a TV show if you refuse to have any conversations or interactions on camera?!? Olajuwon continued speaking for all of us—though even better than I would have come up with—with his take that ACE “wasn’t attracted to Chris and used the words of his corny-assed friends as a way out.” Love it! Alyssa refuses to be on camera once again and storms out. I wonder whether they hold her in breach of contract with all of these running away stunts and refusing to film? I hope they take money away from her every time she delays or completely avoids filming. If she thinks this is helping her to come off better than revealing whatever she is saying off camera, she is sorely mistaken—whatever she says off camera can’t be worse than this behavior. Unless she’s like Lindsey…

All three participants agree that Lindsey’s behavior on the plane and in the airport was out of control and was 100% to blame. Both Olajuwon and Mark displayed every ounce of grace and restraint in attempts to not engage or to calm her down, to no avail. Interesting that Mark told her that if this is how she’s going to act, it’s over for them. Because they didn’t show any of that on the show, and rather had the opposite where Lindsey felt like Mark was completely supportive and smoothed things over with both her and O to the extent that Lindsey already felt like she was falling in love with Mark for being so understanding and having her back. But Mark said here that Lindsey said nothing when he told her he’s not putting up with this behavior in a wife because he’s non-confrontational. But I guess they eventually talked through it and at least she felt closer from his support.

• Love 8

Just found out that I can watch streams of last night's afterparty (with commercials), so I am watching that. Why was Alyssa wearing 6 feet of extensions? She really was dishing out her BS and I was glad to see that no one was buying it. Why was she freaking out about not being respected? She's nuts!

I still don't like Olajuwon and am beginning to dislike Katina, too. I think they are both looking for reasons to feel slighted. 

Mark is a saint!

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

She really was dishing out her BS and I was glad to see that no one was buying it. Why was she freaking out about not being respected?

She is trying really hard to control the narrative, but unfortunately for her, there are cameras and it's not going to happen. Silly Alyssa, thinking she is going to outsmart those MAFS producers. Has she ever seen this show???? I think she's realized she is getting the villain edit and it's too late. She needs to own that her saying she is trying and doing the exact opposite is lying.

Instead of pulling all of the shit she's doing now in an effort to not look like the bad guy, she should have just point blank said "I'm sorry, but I just am not attracted to you. I don't think I ever will be." There would still be blow back for taking that stance, but not as bad as the mess she making now with her horrible behavior.

• Love 6

I am loving Keshia. Sweet but no-nonsense. It was great to see her question Alyssa, who just came off looking like a spoiled brat. Her initials should be ASS instead of ACE.

Mark is a standup guy, he really has my respect. He was in a tough spot between Lindsey and Olajuwon/Katina and he did an excellent job brokering the peace. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is just the first of many times he will have to apologize for Lindsey's behavior.

Olajuwon seems a little more mature than he did while filming, maybe this was a growth experience for him. He saw right through Alyssa's BS like we all did.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

After reading everyone's comments, I will never again hit the "do not record" option for this show.  Wow!

Yeah, I recommend watching it. I never watched Unfiltered because I couldn't stand JamieO, and it never seemed like anything new came out, but Keshia is very tolerable as a host, and we are definitely getting some BTS stuff. I really wished someone would've spoken up and asked Alyssa why she wouldn't even sit next to Chris on the plane.

• Love 5

I’m also loved how Keshia tried to dig deeper with ACE on why what the friends said was triggering.   When ACE said it sounded too much like a previous bad relationship, Keshia asked her if she had said that to Chris.   Of course she didnt.   And didn’t get why it might have been helpful.   

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Cramps said:

Alyssa could have tried to begin redeeming her behavior on the aftershow, but she made things worse.

Right? Why did she run away crying? Alyssa had 2 choices: 1) explain her reaction; 2) do not explain her reaction and let viewers reach a conclusion based on what was on the show. K.K.P was right, but I guess in Alyssa's mind she was supposed to automatically take her side over Chris. 

12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

After reading everyone's comments, I will never again hit the "do not record" option for this show.  Wow!

If you have it on demand, I recommend you give it a watch!

13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Olajuwon seems a little more mature than he did while filming, maybe this was a growth experience for him.

Or could be about the editing. I quite liked him on the Afterparty.

• Love 4

The Lindsay/Olajuwon fight was clearly 99% Lindsay.  

Why?

When the flight attendant has to come over, multiple times, to ask you to lower your voice, here's your sign.

When the flight attendant has to repeatedly ask you to put your mask back on, here's your sign.

But she cries, claims that Olajuwon "triggered" her, and acts like he was this close to abusive behavior.  Victim-playing.  If only there wasn't a whole airplane full of people to witness it.  Oh wait, there was.

MarkTheShark has his hands full.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Not sure there were actual tears. More like running away dabbing at her eyes where tears would have been if she had a heart or soul.

haha it would have to be, I cry over everything, and that wouldn't have even made ME cry.

• LOL 2

*I had placed this post on the regular episode forum. Hadn't realized there was a different one for After Party.

I just watched The After Party and heard Olajuwon describe how Lindsey made fun of his shoes. Lol. I think Lindsey sees that Olajuwon is vain and full of himself and she's trying to pull him down a notch or ten. Not saying this is acceptable behavior on Lindsey's part, just think that is her m.o., being that she's constantly targeting him.

4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Not saying this is acceptable behavior on Lindsey's part, just think that is her m.o., being that she's constantly targeting him.

She definitely seems to be, and while Chris talked O down, I don't think Mrs. O will be very tolerant. She already doesn't like her, and it does seem that Katina can hold onto a grudge. Or maybe she will just stay away, baiting Lindsey, which Lindsey will bite. I don't see this group getting matching tattoos of friendship.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 3:27 PM, JenE4 said:

Keisha spoke for all of us—though more politely than I would have: Why the hell would you go on a TV show if you refuse to have any conversations or interactions on camera?!? Olajuwon continued speaking for all of us—though even better than I would have come up with—with his take that ACE “wasn’t attracted to Chris and used the words of his corny-assed friends as a way out.” Love it! Alyssa refuses to be on camera once again and storms out. I wonder whether they hold her in breach of contract with all of these running away stunts and refusing to film? I hope they take money away from her every time she delays or completely avoids filming. If she thinks this is helping her to come off better than revealing whatever she is saying off camera, she is sorely mistaken—whatever she says off camera can’t be worse than this behavior. Unless she’s like Lindsey…

All three participants agree that Lindsey’s behavior on the plane and in the airport was out of control and was 100% to blame. Both Olajuwon and Mark displayed every ounce of grace and restraint in attempts to not engage or to calm her down, to no avail. Interesting that Mark told her that if this is how she’s going to act, it’s over for them. Because they didn’t show any of that on the show, and rather had the opposite where Lindsey felt like Mark was completely supportive and smoothed things over with both her and O to the extent that Lindsey already felt like she was falling in love with Mark for being so understanding and having her back. But Mark said here that Lindsey said nothing when he told her he’s not putting up with this behavior in a wife because he’s non-confrontational. But I guess they eventually talked through it and at least she felt closer from his support.

Day 2 and already there’s trouble.  Mark will never take that crap from her for long.  Marriage is hard enough.  She will always be a handful.  The experts know this already.  It’s good tv, but he doesn’t deserve it.  I’m wondering if all this is a set up.  In my lifetime, I’ve never seen people act like this, and so quickly.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, Blissfool said:

*I had placed this post on the regular episode forum. Hadn't realized there was a different one for After Party.

I just watched The After Party and heard Olajuwon describe how Lindsey made fun of his shoes. Lol. I think Lindsey sees that Olajuwon is vain and full of himself and she's trying to pull him down a notch or ten. Not saying this is acceptable behavior on Lindsey's part, just think that is her m.o., being that she's constantly targeting him.

What happened to the old saying “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing”.  Those white choppers she’s always flashing, are doing her no good.

14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What happened to the old saying “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing”.  Those white choppers she’s always flashing, are doing her no good.

Maybe social media has played a part in her inability to pull back. 

I think that old saying went out the window with the advent of the internet.  🤔

• Love 2