Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

Nathan seems so much steadier and calmer this time around, this first great skate probably just added to his confidence. 

Besides Shoma and that super tall Georgia skater, it was all kind of lackluster to me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, healthnut said:

I HATE this tech box. I really hope they change for the individual events. 

I did laugh at Johnny calling it the scoreography box.

Why is Nathan in a commercial with dinosaurs?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Slightly off topic, but what is it with the Jurassic Park crossover promotion that’s implying there are dinosaurs in China?

Are you saying there aren’t dinosaurs in China? Darn it .

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Slightly off topic, but what is it with the Jurassic Park crossover promotion that’s implying there are dinosaurs in China?

Lol. Yay for corporate synergy! 

Yeah, the competition was kind of boring and lackluster overall. Not a lot of energy, maybe they’re saving the good music and such for later?

Just now, Chaser said:

Are you saying there aren’t dinosaurs in China? Darn it .

I know I would enjoy “skiing as velociraptors are chasing you” as an event. Or “bobsledding as a T-rex attempts to eat you.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I'm all for Team USA, but sorry - I just don't really care for Nathan's La Boheme program, and I thought he looked pretty nervous before starting - visibly breathing hard. Don't blame him after last Olympics. Getting the nerves out here will probably help with the individual skates. He looked a little rough to me, but obviously the judges didn't think so.

Shoma's was my favorite performance. 

Re: the scorebox - not showing the breakdown of base and GOE scores is annoying. (ETA: This is on Peacock - no breakdown and no identification of elements. Just caught a repeat on NBC, and their scorebox has much more info.)

Not having a crowd watching definitely lowers the energy.

Edited by justmehere
Clarify comment
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I know I would enjoy “skiing as velociraptors are chasing you” as an event. Or “bobsledding as a T-rex attempts to eat you.”

It would certainly add another level of suspense to the competitions. But why did the two men get nice, curious dinosaurs and the woman got stuck between a velociraptor and a t-rex both attempting to eat her? 

The Czech Republic ice dancers with 80s/90s music was very cute but cheesy. And that woman's outfit was doing her no favors, it made her look 20 pounds heavier than she is.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Chaser said:

What is their definition of “street dance”?

From ISU: “Junior and Senior: Street Dance Rhythms: At least two different Rhythms from the following examples hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk, etc., jazz, reggae (reggae tin) and blues.”

• Useful 1