Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ByTor said:

Thanks for confirming! I guess thanks to Pluto, we've seen the episodes so many times that we remember what was said but not necessarily when it was said. At least that's true for me.

For me, I used to be able to identify scenes and seasons by original songs also 😆.   Can’t do that anymore.  Example: I will always hear “Chandelier“ when Phil walked the girls out onto the field Season 12 Ep 2 

🕊️🤍 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, StepKickClunk said:

For me, I used to be able to identify scenes and seasons by original songs also 😆.   Can’t do that anymore.  Example: I will always hear “Chandelier“ when Phil walked the girls out onto the field Season 12 Ep 2 

🕊️🤍 

Awwww.  RIP Phil.

• Sad 3
  • Love 1

Phil was like the happiest guy ever. People who knew him are very lucky, we could all use that kind of positivity in our lives.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Guys do we know if there was a show group for the 23/24 season? Dcc did a video about uso on their instagram that just popped up on my instagram and I wondered if that was the show group girls in that video as I can’t work out whose who in there, the only one I could name in there was Jada (well I think it’s her, her curls reminds me of Courtney cook’s curls.

As for current doc Taylor, her ig popped up on my searches, well one of her pics did anyway and is it me or her shorts look dirty?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzAED_CsHhd/?igsh=eWljbGh1amkwMzhk

(hope the link works typing this on my phone)

It kind of reminds me of that time Jennifer Amburn retired was was all stars the following year and had a huge ladder in her tights and yes I know they all gain weight when they leave, but she was literally popping out her uniform and I think some people didn’t know she had retired and was an all star and thought she was on the current team and they were commenting that it was weird that k + j let her on the team with weight gain etc

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/29/2024 at 12:53 PM, Uk-Eve said:

Guys do we know if there was a show group for the 23/24 season? Dcc did a video about uso on their instagram that just popped up on my instagram and I wondered if that was the show group girls in that video as I can’t work out whose who in there, the only one I could name in there was Jada (well I think it’s her, her curls reminds me of Courtney cook’s curls.

There was no show group this year. The vets that went on the USO tour were the 8 group leaders: Kelcey, Jada, McKenzie, Armani, Claire, Dani, Chandi, and Megan.

For other show group type appearances they use what vets are available. It is usually the group leaders and a mix of more senior vets. They tend to include Sophy, Karley, Kally as the 2nd years. I haven't seen a rookie go on a show group type event this season. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

sorry if this is bolder as I can’t get the bold key seems to be stuck!  I wonder if the pants are actually clean but she is throwing them in the wash with jeans and they have kind of got that blue fading from the genes on them as it is odd that the whole pants would be dirty and that’s what he would get from I think commingling whites and jeans!

On 3/30/2024 at 11:16 AM, cherryblossom said:

sorry if this is bolder as I can’t get the bold key seems to be stuck!  I wonder if the pants are actually clean but she is throwing them in the wash with jeans and they have kind of got that blue fading from the genes on them as it is odd that the whole pants would be dirty and that’s what he would get from I think commingling whites and jeans!

To me, it's crazy that DCCs are responsible for cleaning their own uniforms.  The Cowboys are worth $9 Billion (with a b).  Why do the cheerleaders clean their own unis?  I'm surprised a disaster hasn't already occurred.   In the photo in question, that looks like maybe a coffee stain around the hem?

• Like 1
On 4/1/2024 at 12:55 AM, Weeklydcc said:

To me, it's crazy that DCCs are responsible for cleaning their own uniforms.  The Cowboys are worth $9 Billion (with a b).  Why do the cheerleaders clean their own unis?  I'm surprised a disaster hasn't already occurred.   In the photo in question, that looks like maybe a coffee stain around the hem?

Their treatment of the DCC has always been appalling. The Cowboys demanded a fulltime commitment and set a harsh set of rules they had to follow to stay on the team for hardly any pay. Only a few years back, they received a pretty big raise with a decent compensation for over time, but as far as I’m concerned, the pay is still mediocre.

With that in mind, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they have to clean their own uniforms. Also, per Kelli’s own words: a DCC gets only one custom made uniform. If it tears, or no longer fits, they have to find a replacement from old uniforms they have in stock… That’s even more ridiculous than having to wash your own uniform!

• Like 4

It seems to me that there are several barriers to having the team uniforms being cleaned by the organization. First off we have to remember that football teams have this done but they’re only playing once a week so there’s plenty of turnaround time. The girls do not have more than one uniform guess they have practice outfits they have warm-ups  The girls are going to go to a meet and greet someplace or an opening of a grocery store from their home not coming to the stadium and changing clothes and then going so having one uniform only and having it cleaned and then put back in their locker room the morning in which they need the uniform in the afternoon seems challenging. Unless the cheerleaders are willing to produce two uniforms, I think the the uniform cleaning is going to be left to the the girls.

• Like 2

Trainingsoutfits yes: It only makes sense to wash those yourself. Not too sure about the uniforms though. Even our local football club has set rules for this: All game uniforms are collected after the match and then washed in one batch. It keeps all the colors from fading, shirts from shrinking (some parents would use boiling water or even bleach to get the shirts cleaned) and we  never end up with a kid missing a sock or shirt on game day as we have it all.

As for the DCC:  There really aren’t that many performances or jobs at all, and they don’t all  require the white and blue uniform. Dry cleaning or professional washing should therefore not be an issue. And on the odd occasion it does, I’m sure they could figure a way around that. 

• Like 3

I wonder if the DCCs pay out of their own pockets for cleaning.  I would want to have that professionally done every time, but that's just me.

• Like 2

Can't quote the relevant Group Leaders posts. My prediction:
1st Leaders: Chandi, Armani, Jada, Megan (the remaining GLs)
2nd Leaders: Sophy, KayDianna, Tori, Kelee,

I wondered why Tori wasn't selected as 2GL last year, as she is a very sound but maybe she was too busy with thecompany with her sister. Not sure if that'll change this coming year, but I can see her filling in the vacuum. 

Remaining 3rd years:

• Lea is technically a very eye-catching dancer -- I could not take my eye off her during her Rookie season on DCC: MTT when they did that dance and she was paired with Gina. However, I don't think Kelly would think she's quite ready. 
  • Madeline - I think she's not powerful enough to be a 2GL.
  • Kleine - She's charming and photogenic as heck but I don't see her leading a group
  • Ashlinn - she seems to have improved but I'm not sure she has the leadership skills. 

I get confused between Amanda & Marissa and Taylor & Kennedy mixed up when they're featured in DCC photos/videos. I wish we had the show still on so we could get the 2nd years and rookies better. 

Regarding the retired 11 veterans -- This is such a talent group of ladies! I'll miss seeing them perform and their appearances.

I'm surprised Claire isn't staying for a 5th year. I'm not so surprised about Dani and I imagine Elli's job is becoming demanding against her practice schedule. I'm impressed Zhenya and McKenzie (last year) were able to plan a wedding around their practice/dance/performance schedules. 

All the best to the future brides & their marriages.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Regarding the retired 11 veterans -- This is such a talent group of ladies! I'll miss seeing them perform and their appearances.

These are all confirmed? Do you have a complete list? Thx!

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

These are all confirmed? Do you have a complete list? Thx!

The confirmed retirements are:
5th year: Kelcey
4th years: Claire, Jessica, Dani, Darian, Elli, McKenzie
3rd years: Rebecca, Jensen
2nd years: Zhenya, Kally

I expect quite a few (maybe half?) will be back as All Stars. I wouldn't be surprised if they waived the 3 year tenure rule. 

• Like 3
On 4/7/2024 at 8:41 AM, DizzySometimes86 said:

Can't quote the relevant Group Leaders posts. My prediction:
1st Leaders: Chandi, Armani, Jada, Megan (the remaining GLs)
2nd Leaders: Sophy, KayDianna, Tori, Kelee,

I wondered why Tori wasn't selected as 2GL last year, as she is a very sound but maybe she was too busy with thecompany with her sister. Not sure if that'll change this coming year, but I can see her filling in the vacuum. 

Remaining 3rd years:

• Lea is technically a very eye-catching dancer -- I could not take my eye off her during her Rookie season on DCC: MTT when they did that dance and she was paired with Gina. However, I don't think Kelly would think she's quite ready. 
  • Madeline - I think she's not powerful enough to be a 2GL.
  • Kleine - She's charming and photogenic as heck but I don't see her leading a group
  • Ashlinn - she seems to have improved but I'm not sure she has the leadership skills. 

I get confused between Amanda & Marissa and Taylor & Kennedy mixed up when they're featured in DCC photos/videos. I wish we had the show still on so we could get the 2nd years and rookies better. 

I'm surprised Claire isn't staying for a 5th year. I'm not so surprised about Dani and I imagine Elli's job is becoming demanding against her practice schedule. I'm impressed Zhenya and McKenzie (last year) were able to plan a wedding around their practice/dance/performance schedules. 

All the best to the future brides & their marriages.

I agree that Lea catches your eye.  No matter who she dances beside, she always stands out.  Very precise and sexy with each move.

• Like 4
On 4/2/2024 at 1:52 AM, LilyD said:

Their treatment of the DCC has always been appalling. The Cowboys demanded a fulltime commitment and set a harsh set of rules they had to follow to stay on the team for hardly any pay. Only a few years back, they received a pretty big raise with a decent compensation for over time, but as far as I’m concerned, the pay is still mediocre.

With that in mind, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they have to clean their own uniforms. Also, per Kelli’s own words: a DCC gets only one custom made uniform. If it tears, or no longer fits, they have to find a replacement from old uniforms they have in stock… That’s even more ridiculous than having to wash your own uniform!

And yet they have at least 3 boots (2 if your not on show group

It doesn’t surprise me when some of the girls uniform looks freaking dirty!!! (Current dcc Taylor comes to mine esp that line of dirt that looks like some sort of maybe apple juice spilt down it or period stain that is being a bitch and won’t wash off)

On 4/8/2024 at 3:51 AM, StellaCL said:

I expect quite a few (maybe half?) will be back as All Stars. I wouldn't be surprised if they waived the 3 year tenure rule. 

But didn’t they already waive that 3 year rule years ago when one of the girls was all star and she was only on the team 2 years (can’t remember her name)?

2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

And yet they have at least 3 boots (2 if your not on show group

It doesn’t surprise me when some of the girls uniform looks freaking dirty!!! (Current dcc Taylor comes to mine esp that line of dirt that looks like some sort of maybe apple juice spilt down it or period stain that is being a bitch and won’t wash off)

But didn’t they already waive that 3 year rule years ago when one of the girls was all star and she was only on the team 2 years (can’t remember her name)?

That was for Olivia Sharber when it was waived as they didn't have enough 3rd years to be all stars.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:51 PM, StellaCL said:

Wow, 11 retiring.  That seems like a lot.  Does anyone know what year has had the most retirees?  

22 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

19 hours ago, viccib said:

That was for Olivia Sharber when it was waived as they didn't have enough 3rd years to be all stars.

I thought maybe it was waived for Claire Brown and Mary Dill as well. Or maybe those two just did some post DCC appearances.

4 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

Wow, 11 retiring.  That seems like a lot.  Does anyone know what year has had the most retirees?  

If going only by the retirements and not cuts or mysteriously disappearing, it would be 2010-2011 with 15 retirees, tied with 2004-2005, also 15 retirees. 
I don't know about the years prior to the MTT pilot.

But Kelli would reminds us that nearly all the DCC  quit when Jerry Jones took over the team back in 1989. In reality, 14 quit. 

• Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I thought maybe it was waived for Claire Brown and Mary Dill as well. Or maybe those two just did some post DCC appearances.

Don’t think Mary was ever all stars. I remember kelli saying she wants her legs her rookie season. It feels like Mary did her second year knowing she wasn’t staying longer and only wanted to so she could be called a vet.

Claire “lie on the floor to blend your hair with the floor”? That Claire? That scene reminds me of when people working on live tv and if they eg wear green clothes, without realising and then completely blended into the green screen etc except for whatever part of the body that don’t have any green on it, if that makes sense!!!

Is that also Lilly going in for year 4 in dbc finalist thing the other day? I know they said about 12hr ago that they were announcing the squad at 5pm Denver time, wish they’d announce it now lol

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Is that also Lilly going in for year 4 in dbc finalist thing the other day? I know they said about 12hr ago that they were announcing the squad at 5pm Denver time, wish they’d announce it now lol

They announced finalists yesterday, final auditions are May 12. Yep, Lily made finals!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C54VZhfPH03/

• Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

They announced finalists yesterday, final auditions are May 12. Yep, Lily made finals!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C54VZhfPH03/

Former TCC Alyssa (AAIA, TCU show girl) made it to finals. I believe she left TC because of an injury.

Also 3 other TX girls, made it to finals. Current DBCs rookie Mary Kate is a former DSIG and Biebele a former DMD & TLD. Also Melissa a former DSIG & DMD made it to finals. Her IG says she's in Denver.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

It's official! The show is returning in some capacity.

According to VK's IG post it follows them through the whole season.  I have watched every season of this show and have always wanted more in season content.  Super excited!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I am beyond excited about the new series.  Even if it means I have to get Netflix to watch it.  I have so missed this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Whose voice is that on that video? I don’t recognise it.

Does that mean it was last season (the 23/24) that was filmed, if it’s going on this summer? Or I’m guessing it’s the 24/25 season?

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Whose voice is that on that video? I don’t recognise it.

Does that mean it was last season (the 23/24) that was filmed, if it’s going on this summer? Or I’m guessing it’s the 24/25 season?

I think Victoria is the one who talks about the uniform, and Kelcey is the “roar of the crowd”. Not sure who the third is.

they started filming at 2023 finals, so we will see this past season 

10 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I saw something on Facebook that said it follows the 23/24 squad, so it was filmed last year. Maybe they'll film again this year. Idk. 

I think they are still filming in anticipation of a second season.  This crew has won Emmy awards for their documentaries, so it will be interesting to see how this goes

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Don’t think Mary was ever all stars. I remember kelli saying she wants her legs her rookie season. It feels like Mary did her second year knowing she wasn’t staying longer and only wanted to so she could be called a vet.

Claire “lie on the floor to blend your hair with the floor”? That Claire? That scene reminds me of when people working on live tv and if they eg wear green clothes, without realising and then completely blended into the green screen etc except for whatever part of the body that don’t have any green on it, if that makes sense!!!

Mary definitely stayed a part of DCC after she retired. She has helped out with jr. DCC or the camps (can't remember which) and she recently taught a prep class for DCC auditions. I am not sure if she ever filled in for any All Star events though.

Yes, that Claire. There is footage of her performing with the All Stars right after she retired. If she was just filling in or officially an All Star, I am not sure.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think Victoria is the one who talks about the uniform, and Kelcey is the “roar of the crowd”. Caroline is the first one.

I think they are still filming in anticipation of a second season.  This crew has won Emmy awards for their documentaries, so it will be interestingto see how this goes

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Mary definitely stayed a part of DCC after she retired. She has helped out with jr. DCC or the camps (can't remember which) and she recently taught a prep class for DCC auditions. I am not sure if she ever filled in for any All Star events though.

Yes, that Claire. There is footage of her performing with the All Stars right after she retired. If she was just filling in or officially an All Star, I am not sure.

That’s what I thought Mary was doing. Don’t think I ever saw her in any all star pics, but I’ve not really followed that, that closely.

I think Claire was more like, was it misty duncan day and trisha and schram who was never an all star but had some sort of summer contract etc maybe it was to cover some all stars busy doing other dcc stuff/illnesses/holidays or something stuff. 

I think Olivia was the 2 year I was thinking of that had it waived because wasn’t she married to Kittys son around the time she retired as dcc and kitty had a say in a lot of school technical training too

(edited)
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I think Victoria is the one who talks about the uniform, and Kelcey is the “roar of the crowd”. Not sure who the third is.

I think they are still filming in anticipation of a second season.  This crew has won Emmy awards for their documentaries, so it will be interesting to see how this goes

Yea my instagram keeps freezing so it keeps freezing at the beginng where someone is saying "you look like a supermodel but perform like an athlete" that one sounds like judy(?) to me

Edited by Uk-Eve
39 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Yea my instagram keeps freezing so it keeps freezing at the beginng where someone is saying "you look like a supermodel but perform like an athlete" that one sounds like judy(?) to me

I think the supermodel quote is from Caroline

6 hours ago, kacesq said:

I am beyond excited about the new series.  Even if it means I have to get Netflix to watch it.  I have so missed this show.

Just when I was about to cancel Netflix they reel me back in with my guilty pleasure that is DCC auditions! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, dccfan204 said:

Here's my predictions! Not including any of the upcoming 3rd years since I don't know any of them:

Group 1: Chandi / KD

Group 2: Jada / VK

Group 3: Armani / Tori

Group 4: Megan Kelee

I don't know why but I actually think VK will be a group leader instead of Jada or Armani.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

I don't know why but I actually think VK will be a group leader instead of Jada or Armani.

They won’t move Jada or armani out of leadership for vk 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They won’t move Jada or armani out of leadership for vk 

Victoria has not been a GL so they won’t put her at 1 GL and they are not likely to put a 5th year at 2 GL.  

3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I think the supermodel quote is from Caroline

• Love 1

A new DCC show, this one capturing the season.  I love it.  We had heard rumors, but the DCC sure can keep a secret.  Is it a one part documentary or a series?  Anyone know?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

A new DCC show, this one capturing the season.  I love it.  We had heard rumors, but the DCC sure can keep a secret.  Is it a one part documentary or a series?  Anyone know?

7 episodes 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

So far this is a series of 7 shows that encompass the entire season.  I do know that they are continuing to film, so hopefully there will be more to come.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Some of the retirements had caught me by surprise but with news of the show, I wonder if that ties in at all. Go out on a high, hated it, be free to capitalize on any opportunities that arise, etc. Or maybe not, lol.

Has anyone done a list of potential auditionees yet this year? I’ve been amassing my usual list on paper but haven’t been as plugged in here, wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything

45 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Has anyone done a list of potential auditionees yet this year? I’ve been amassing my usual list on paper but haven’t been as plugged in here, wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything

I have been keeping a list based on who I see at prep classes who followed by different people in the DCC organization, etc.  I have about 35 or 36 people on my list so far.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I have been keeping a list based on who I see at prep classes who followed by different people in the DCC organization, etc.  I have about 35 or 36 people on my list so far.

Oh I think I have about twice that, but not all of them are from this year 😅 want to compare lists?

2 hours ago, PepperM said:

A "possible" list from the Reddit board:

Julissa Garcia Think she definitely would make the team if she did.

Charly Barby - she tried out last year, think she has a good chance of making it this year

Darah Haidet -the blond on fire here:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C52PTqsgWFE/?igsh=eHNjcHI5NHR5aTI2

Brittany LoGrasso

Trinity T Miles I would be shocked if she didn’t make the team

Abby Summers

Melanie Montalvo - cute,love her a little concerned about her power.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Fh-EgAeTR/?igsh=cGp4Ym9yc3lhdWw3

Alison Khong I really hope she does. Adorable.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3BMllButNc/?igsh=MWQyczNmbXJiNXptaQ==

Kinsy Smith

Michelle Siemienowski

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C41CXlEggrI/?igsh=MTB0MXFoM2dnd2ZnNw==

Lauren Ligon

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4WpBG-upOJ/?igsh=MXF3ZDVldTZhanNucw==

Brittany-former AAIA, Melanie-current AAIA. Lauren Ligion former TCC.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

A "possible" list from the Reddit board:

Lauren Ligon

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4WpBG-upOJ/?igsh=MXF3ZDVldTZhanNucw==

Brittany-former AAIA, Melanie-current AAIA. Lauren Ligion former TCC.

Woah, Lauren is going back to 2019 training camp. I had to look her up. The blonde with a really high voice when stressed.

I always wonder why Melannie M. (current AAIA) never got invited to TC. She's been going to Jenn's classes for years, seems like by now they would have given her a chance.

30 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Woah, Lauren is going back to 2019 training camp. I had to look her up. The blonde with a really high voice when stressed.

I always wonder why Melannie M. (current AAIA) never got invited to TC. She's been going to Jenn's classes for years, seems like by now they would have given her a chance.

Melannie is quite young - skipped college to go straight into pro dance, iirc. They so rarely take dancers that do that nowadays, that want them to gain more experience before joining the team. I hope that this will be her year, though. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Looking at Brittany Lo Grasso's IG it looks like she's auditioning for the Raiderettes. Maybe if she doesn't make it she might try for the DCC.

Edited by MrsEVH