Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Sidenote - not sure Kayla Garcia was even at finals. I don't think Bre was either.

Bre, Alyssa, Ariana, and Cailey were the past TCCs at finals this year. I'm not sure if Kayla even made semis this year but if so she did not advance to finals.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, MC123 said:

clauzdiahillmann

This gal posted a story in the navy blue finals audition outfit saying she hoped to be back next year... so looks like she was a finalist but did not make TC!

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, MC123 said:

I've seen somewhere else that Ari made it back so that would be 14 rookie candidates 

Thanks for doing all this work!  I heard they took 44 to camp, which would mean that there were 16 rookie candidates.  Alyssa Barkin and Melanie Montalvo are followed by Dina, but I don’t know if that is new or from a prior year.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
17 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Alyssa Barkin and Melanie Montalvo are followed by Dina, but I don’t know if that is new or from a prior year.

My sources say Melannie was at finals but did not make camp. Alyssa was in TC last year and at finals this year, but I haven't heard anything to suggest she made it back to TC at this point.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Don’t mean to be like super stalkery lol but these 13 girls were followed by Dina Brown Donnelly, Kelly’s assistant, last night. She follows almost all of the previous DCC/TCC and this pattern was the same last year. These are my best bet for new girls in training camp not excluding previous TCC making it back (I’m hoping for Bre Harker, Alyssa Barkin, Kayla Garcia, and Ariana McClure).

Camille Sturdivant (@camisturdi)

Brooklyn Davis (@brooklyndavis01)

Reece Weaver (@reece_christinee)

Charley Barby (@charly_barby)

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold)

Leah Roga (@leahroga)

Zoe Dale (@zoedale82)

Becca Breckinridge (@beccabreckinridge)

Kennedy Hannan (@kenn_hann)

McKenna Gehrke (mckennagehrke)

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling)

Kaylin (@ohheyitskayy11)

Anisha Kay (@anishakula)

Ok I searched up all the names and here's who I have my eye on

- Charly Barby (love her look and from what it looks like her dancing is good too)
- Anna Kate Sundvold (I knew she was gonna audition and make it to training camp. We haven't had a sister duo in a while, plus she's from the TCU showgirls, so I'm automatically gonna keep an eye on her lol)
- Zoe Dale (you know I love anyone that comes from the Kilgore Rangerettes or the TCU showgirls)

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but we'll see if they actually made it to training camp or not. Also hopefully some trainees from last year made it too (I'm looking at you Alyssa B.)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ok I searched up all the names and here's who I have my eye on

- Charly Barby (love her look and from what it looks like her dancing is good too)
- Anna Kate Sundvold (I knew she was gonna audition and make it to training camp. We haven't had a sister duo in a while, plus she's from the TCU showgirls, so I'm automatically gonna keep an eye on her lol)
- Zoe Dale (you know I love anyone that comes from the Kilgore Rangerettes or the TCU showgirls)

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but we'll see if they actually made it to training camp or not. Also hopefully some trainees from last year made it too (I'm looking at you Alyssa B.)

Zoe looks so much like Kylie!
I liked her clips, and Rangerettes always have good kicks. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Don’t mean to be like super stalkery lol but these 13 girls were followed by Dina Brown Donnelly, Kelly’s assistant, last night. She follows almost all of the previous DCC/TCC and this pattern was the same last year. These are my best bet for new girls in training camp not excluding previous TCC making it back (I’m hoping for Bre Harker, Alyssa Barkin, Kayla Garcia, and Ariana McClure).

Camille Sturdivant (@camisturdi)

Brooklyn Davis (@brooklyndavis01)

Reece Weaver (@reece_christinee)

Charley Barby (@charly_barby)

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold)

Leah Roga (@leahroga)

Zoe Dale (@zoedale82)

Becca Breckinridge (@beccabreckinridge)

Kennedy Hannan (@kenn_hann)

McKenna Gehrke (mckennagehrke)

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling)

Kaylin (@ohheyitskayy11)

Anisha Kay (@anishakula)

Only a few have dance vids on their profiles so I've no idea about them. Charly is the new Claire for sure. All styles, crazy technique.

• Like 4

Honestly, I massively appreciate all the sleuthing y’all do. 
I feel like without the show this would be a great opportunity for the DCC to up their social media game? But apparently not. 

I really don’t feel attached to the rookies from last season at all … because outside this forum I don’t feel we got a chance to get to know them. I’m just aware there ere a lot of K names?! 

Zhenya was the only one who resonated with me because I’m also from a Ukrainian background. But honestly, all info I got about the rookies was from here. 

There’s so much I think that could have been done social media wise to introduce everyone… and it just didn’t happen. Same with finals this year: a few still shots but no solo videos. Disappointing. 

• Like 12
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Thanks for doing all this work!  I heard they took 44 to camp, which would mean that there were 16 rookie candidates.  Alyssa Barkin and Melanie Montalvo are followed by Dina, but I don’t know if that is new or from a prior year.

Would love Alyssa Barkin to be in! Both her and Melanie were previous TCC and previously followed by Dina. 

I’m adding Kelly Villares (@kellyvillares) to my list as she was also followed by Dina shortly after the others. I saw on Reddit that some people think that Ali Mattox (@alpal5678) might have made it but based on my scientific-ish Dina following system she is not on the list so I’m saying the 16 include Kelly and probably two other previous TCC like Alyssa and maybe Melanie or Kayla Garcia (did she audition??).

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Would love Alyssa Barkin to be in! Both her and Melanie were previous TCC and previously followed by Dina. 

I’m adding Kelly Villares (@kellyvillares) to my list as she was also followed by Dina shortly after the others. I saw on Reddit that some people think that Ali Mattox (@alpal5678) might have made it but based on my scientific-ish Dina following system she is not on the list so I’m saying the 16 include Kelly and probably two other previous TCC like Alyssa and maybe Melanie or Kayla Garcia (did she audition??).

Ali is listed as a maybe on the chart on Reddit same with Alyssa 

(edited)
49 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

CO1.thumb.png.8672be6b74e6c95705c71181c9b05351.png

CO2.png.743ee0354c31d37a6d7986904d5dc613.png

Damn! They made a stupid mistake! No good reason they could not have taken 45 to training camp, instead of 44. She outshines by far all of those potential TCCs. (Yes, Anisha is great).
Sidenote - they cut Hannah A. when she was working on her clinical Masters as well.

Comment winner goes to Megan! Also really great and thoughtful comments by Chandi, McKenzie, Kleine, Dani, and Jensen.

Comment losers go to KayDianna and Ariana McClure. God's plan is the best plan is hardly a comfort when you all are headed to a spot on the team and she is not. 🤢

megcomment.jpg

KDcomment.jpg

aricomment.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think you're thinking of Melanie Parker! She was a TCC two years ago. Melanie M was a rookie on the Allen Americans Ice Angels this year. Don't think she made TC but interesting that Dina follows her nonetheless!

From what I know Kayla G from last year's TC auditioned but did not make it to semis this year. Alyssa was seen at finals on the DCC IG story, but I have not heard anything to suggest she did or did not make training camp again this year.

I noticed Kelly too when looking at who Dina/the other potential TCCs followed! Just wish they were still allowed to post when they made TC so we could get some official confirmation!

• Like 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ...And5678 said:

I think you're thinking of Melanie Parker! She was a TCC two years ago. Melanie M was a rookie on the Allen Americans Ice Angels this year. Don't think she made TC but interesting that Dina follows her nonetheless!

From what I know Kayla G from last year's TC auditioned but did not make it to semis this year. Alyssa was seen at finals on the DCC IG story, but I have not heard anything to suggest she did or did not make training camp again this year.

I noticed Kelly too when looking at who Dina/the other potential TCCs followed! Just wish they were still allowed to post when they made TC so we could get some official confirmation!

One thing I noticed about Kelly as she just went public on her ig so it’s for sure a huge possibility cause she was private !! I think she could go on the chart of the possibility candidate !! Also someone posted on Reddit that they heard a rumor about Taylor A possibly making it back to training camp 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

CO1.thumb.png.8672be6b74e6c95705c71181c9b05351.png

CO2.png.743ee0354c31d37a6d7986904d5dc613.png

Christina has always reminded me of Miranda and Savannah (obvs not looks-wise). Not the best dancer but one of the best ambassadors. I'd be intrigued to know why she was cut but then without the show, we'll have no idea. I would assume she got outdanced because I can't imagine she failed the interview portion.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

One thing I noticed about Kelly as she just went public on her ig so it’s for sure a huge possibility cause she was private !! I think she could go on the chart of the possibility candidate !! Also someone posted on Reddit that they heard a rumor about Taylor A possibly making it back to training camp 

I noticed that Taylor A has friended (and been friended) with several of the TCCs. I don’t believe that is a coincidence as it is not likely that they all know each other

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Christina handled this with so much class. I don't think I've ever seen such heartfelt, supportive messages left by current & former teammates. I'd really love to know the story here. You can tell she was well liked and thought of. I wonder how much of a shock this was to the team?

Megan shared this comment on her Insta story.

megan.mac__3128288098333106585_390430701_PT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TVaddict2355 said:

Marissa is going to be moving to Orlando, Florida and is going to be a character performer at Walt Disney World, possibly Disney Cruise line!

That’s great good for her 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Last summer Ali Mattox was recruited into the WWE's program for developing new professional wrestling talent. She must have gotten cut or decided against it. It's an interesting resume item, sure to catch Kelli's eye.

Story here: https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/10/13/wwe-college-athlete-recruiting-tour-makes-first-stop-ole-miss/

AliMattoxWWENIL.thumb.jpg.f723515f8cf70011d9af2a9c4b64f829.jpg

Some of the present/past  WWE ladies are former pro NFL/NBA cheerleaders. One of them Carmela, is a former Laker Girl and  Patriots cheerleader.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
On 6/17/2023 at 11:45 PM, Survivor197 said:

The quietness makes me speculate a vet or two for cut

Welp, you called it!

On 6/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, StellaCL said:

Wow, I am underwhelmed by all potential TCCs except for Anisha.
I really liked her (going by IG).

I would not have cut vets for this group. Yes I know I am judging solely by instagram.

Sidenote - not sure Kayla Garcia was even at finals. I don't think Bre was either.

Anna Kate is a powerhouse - much more of a standout than her sister, who I know has gotten flak here and elsewhere for being a blender. 

I think Brooklyn will also be a standout - she’s done some DJing in addition to dance, so I imagine her musicality should be excellent. 

Anisha is def an early fave though! Talk about all styles - check out this dance she did with her dad at her wedding, she choreographed it with ballroom and Latin, jazz/jazz funk, and Bollywood influences!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtsOIUVMQHt/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Side note: desperately hoping Taylor A and Melannie are yeses from that maybe group 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 4
23 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

12 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I noticed that Taylor A has friended (and been friended) with several of the TCCs. I don’t believe that is a coincidence as it is not likely that they all know each other

Is Taylor A the “me too” interview girl?

(edited)

I posted this over on Reddit as well....

Chelsea Yarnell, the director and co-producer of the Cheer documentary on Netflix, now follows nearly every single new TCC on Instagram, as well as a few DCC. They also all follow her back.  https://www.instagram.com/chelseaotter/

I don't think this a coincidence. She does not follow other auditioning dancers in the Dallas arena - like Mel Park, Alyssa Barkin, or Bre Harker. She specifically began following only the new TCCs.

So.... it is kind of a very big hint that there is some sort of future project Chelsea is working on with DCC! Her last few documentaries aired on Netflix, so here is to hoping some incarnation of the show will return.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I posted this over on Reddit as well....

Chelsea Yarnell, the director and co-producer of the Cheer documentary on Netflix, now follows nearly every single new TCC on Instagram, as well as a few DCC. They also all follow her back.  https://www.instagram.com/chelseaotter/

I don't think this a coincidence. She does not follow other auditioning dancers in the Dallas arena - like Mel Park, Alyssa Barkin, or Bre Harker. She specifically began following only the new TCCs.

So.... it is kind of a very big hint that there is some sort of future project Chelsea is working on with DCC! Her last few documentaries aired on Netflix, so here is to hoping some incarnation of the show will return.

And two specific ladies that she follows that aren’t on the chart follow her as well I wonder if they are the missing two 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

Side note: desperately hoping Taylor A and Melannie are yeses from that maybe group

Yes to Taylor A. from what I heard. Neither Melannie M. nor Mel Park made TC this year but Melannie was at finals. Unsure how far Mel P. made it assuming she auditioned.

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Alyssa Barkin, or Bre Harker

Alyssa and Bre H. were at finals but not taken to TC.

As far as the show/documentary goes, I've also heard that the rumors around Dallas were that it was going to be something similar to Cheer. Perhaps Netflix picked it up after seeing what a success Cheer was?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ...And5678 said:

Alyssa and Bre H. were at finals but not taken to TC.

Yeah that was my point. Chelsea is only following the new TCCs (and a few DCC as well). A lot of these pro-cheerleaders follow each other because it’s a small world in social connections, but since finalists like Alyssa and Bre were excluded and only new TCCs included it lends to the idea that some sort of show/project is in the works this summer specific to the TCCs.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Yeah that was my point. Chelsea is only following the new TCCs (and a few DCC as well). A lot of these pro-cheerleaders follow each other because it’s a small world in social connections, but since finalists like Alyssa and Bre were excluded and only new TCCs included it lends to the idea that some sort of show/project is in the works this summer specific to the TCCs.

If there is going to be something, I hope there is more focus on the vets then in the past

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Has the photo list been updated somewhere now that we have figured out which ladies made it to Training Camp? The last one I came across had Alyssa and Ali M, sadly they didn't make it. TIA 😄 

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

Has the photo list been updated somewhere now that we have figured out which ladies made it to Training Camp? The last one I came across had Alyssa and Ali M, sadly they didn't make it. TIA 😄 

AYTOL__ on Reddit makes those nice photo charts. I bet they will post an update later tonight after the first meeting.

You probably know, but the two missing TCCs are widely believed to be:
Taylor A. https://www.instagram.com/tay.dance/
Kelly V. https://www.instagram.com/kellyvillares/

Once in awhile, rumors are wrong tho 😄

Edited by StellaCL
added TCCs
  • Like 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

If there is going to be something, I hope there is more focus on the vets then in the past

Given that the producer is following all the new TCC and only a few vets... I'm thinking it will be TCC/rookie focused. I wonder if they will  follow them all the way through their first year (meaning we might not see this on the air for at least two more years (or more likely three+) lol).

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

WAAY Early on this post, but I did a deep dive into IG. I will be wrong on most of these, because I am wrong a lot.
Here ya go...

Strongest TCCs:

Leah R. - UCLA dance team, she has perfected the power pom, but is also a versatile dancer. She is definitely one of the strongest. It will come down to how the uniform and boots fit her, she is a shortie.

Charly - A natural redhead! Rivals Claire in dance ability, and comes from her alma mater ASU. She is guaranteed to be a standout in training camp.

Anisha - She has got style and energy and an untouchable look that is different from all other DCC. I think she is smart enough to know where she needs to improve (hold her counts, less loose arms). If she can conform to the DCC style fast enough, she will make the team.

Brooklyn - She's been ready for a decade and is gorgeous. I will be surprised if they don't put her on the team.

Ariana - She's always been strong in the power pom style, her cut last year was a surprise to many. I don't think they will cut her again. 

Maybes:

Taylor - That year on the GSW really helped. She was already a "highly trained" dancer. She just needed pro-cheerleading experience.

Kaylin - She did 4 (?) years with the AZ Cardinals and was even a captain. I couldn't find any dance clips except for one, but I assume the NFL cheerleading experience means she is ready and will be a strong contender.

Anna Kate - Certainly the Caroline connection and her years of dance will help her. I just don't know if she has the same "it" factor as some of the other contenders. 

McKenna - I couldn't find any dance clips on her, but I know they will love her look. And I had heard her name a lot before this audition so she was already on the radar. 

Zoe - Confirmed - she does have high kicks as a Rangerette. She looks a ton like Kylie and I wonder if she is ready to keep up with all these powerhouses in training camp.

Underdogs:

Darian T. -  She has a lot of clips posted. A lot of improvement in the past two years, but I think she will get out danced.

Kelly - I don't see her standing out next to the competition. She needs a makeover (less tan, back to her natural hair color). I feel like this is one they may encourage to try out again if she doesn't make it this year.

Reece - Ok she is a highly trained dancer. But the Jesus stuff to the nth degree and the dead deer on her IG. I put her down here. But that is just me, who knows what K&J will like.

Kennedy - I didn't see anything that would think she would make training camp. She must of knocked it out of the park at auditions. 

Becca - I think she may fade in TC and not stand out. She will have to bring her A++ game to beat the competition.

Camille - She got outdanced in Jenn Amburn's clips compared to the gals around her. She is drop dead gorgeous. I want to be wrong on this one.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Kennedy - I didn't see anything that would think she would make training camp. She must of knocked it out of the park at auditions. 

Truthfully, I think I looked at the wrong thing for Kennedy. She can dance really well. I don’t know what category to put her in now 🤷‍♀️

Kennedy has definitely moved up to "maybe."

Zoe - she may be moving down to underdog. She has dance experience and can kick but I feel like the powerhouse dancers will out number her.

Edited by StellaCL
new info
  • Like 1

I got these from Jackie Bob's YouTube short- anyone recognise people in these? Can see some current DCC's like Kelcey, Darian, Dani, Elli. 1/2

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

2/2- could not upload all the images on one post

IMG_2074.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MC123 said:

I got these from Jackie Bob's YouTube short- anyone recognise people in these? Can see some current DCC's like Kelcey, Darian, Dani, Elli. 1/2

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

2/2- could not upload all the images on one post

IMG_2074.jpeg

Redhead in the ponytail in the back corner looks like Charly

Girl in purple in front of Claire looks like Ari

Can anyone identify the girl next to Kelcey? You can see her more clearly in the dance floor pic, but it looks like she's the only non-DCC in her row

On 6/18/2023 at 10:00 PM, StellaCL said:

Damn! They made a stupid mistake! No good reason they could not have taken 45 to training camp, instead of 44. She outshines by far all of those potential TCCs. (Yes, Anisha is great).
Sidenote - they cut Hannah A. when she was working on her clinical Masters as well.

Comment winner goes to Megan! Also really great and thoughtful comments by Chandi, McKenzie, Kleine, Dani, and Jensen.

Comment losers go to KayDianna and Ariana McClure. God's plan is the best plan is hardly a comfort when you all are headed to a spot on the team and she is not. 🤢

megcomment.jpg

KDcomment.jpg

aricomment.jpg

Overall I totally agree with you, but I think they're just echoing back what she had said in her own post and trying to be encouraging in their own way.  Back in the MBTV days someone here would have called out that God was probably in the tub, and He doesn't have time to worry about poms and short shorts.  lol.  

Perspective, some of these gals def don't have any!  Whatever brings comfort in a tough situation, I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Love 1