Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, bentheswimmer11 said:

You’d be quite surprised how much this happens for teams all around the country, not just the DCC. For example, the 24 person squad for the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes, members come from 10 different states: NC, SC, VA, CA, CT, MI, GA, FL, PA, CO. Historically, that team has even had members from Mexico, South Korea, Canada, and the Dominican Republic. 

It's not that surprising since they're talking about where someone was born or resided a long time ago.  A lot of it is embellished to make a squad seem more diverse or exotic.  I think the DCC popularized it by emphasizing "home state" on their show.  Now everybody is doing it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

This is not the picture of health.

She doesn't look any thinner than Kylie or Sophy or Jessica to me (had to go to the DCC page to get names).   If she had been this thin from the beginning no one would have said a thing.

Is that Jada next to her?   Did DCC make her do that hair color?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

This is not the picture of health. This is scary skinny. It is really inexcusable at this point if K&J aren’t having serious conversations about this with her.

760B04AC-0C8F-45F5-AC0B-EA1D47EAC9C3.jpeg

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sadly, I have to agree.   Her head looks too big, because she's so tiny.   

Wow.  It's worse than I previously thought.  She looks like a scarecrow.

I honestly think once she gets away from the DCC and living at home (the pressure must be insane), she will stand a much better chance of getting on the road to healthy.  But as someone said above, I do hope K&J are monitoring this situation before it takes an even scarier turn. 😐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is that Jada next to her?   Did DCC make her do that hair color?

I think it got lighter during the off season so maybe no?

You guys are saying your concerned about VKs mental health? Then don't talk about her body 24/7. She either is called too fat in the belly or too thin. She looks as skinny as some other skinny girls on the team.

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Kamal said:

You guys are saying your concerned about VKs mental health? Then don't talk about her body 24/7. She either is called too fat in the belly or too thin. She looks as skinny as some other skinny girls on the team.

Please don't presume to judge my thoughts.  I don't talk about Victoria's mental health 24/7.  But I absolutely think it's worse to ignore an obviously dangerous looking situation and truly hope, for Victoria's sake, someone who truly cares is monitoring her.  She looks tired, underweight, older than her years with hair resembling straw.  None of these are signs of good health.

• Applause 6
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, TB12 said:

If TPTB allowed Gina to waste away to nothing I doubt they’ll think anyone is too thin…

I don't think Gina did waste away to nothing.  She was always small but I think she toned up more than her rookie year so did appear "smaller".  I have the same type of frame so I am familiar with how it can look.  Everyone of my doctors has seen me and all know I'm petite and under weight.  Yet none are concerned.

Checkout VK’s new TikTok 

VK well I really love how she looks and those 🦵 are insane!  Sorry but I am not sorry.  Giving credit where it is due and that young woman busted her butt to look this great 💪 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
Update
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, topicanti said:

76613A01-8EF0-43CD-8416-6614C6F2EE4C.thumb.jpeg.125d8e07ec134e17266d136b5e3bd36c.jpeg

I wouldn’t be sad if I never ever ever saw another one of those wide brimmed felt hats ever again. …

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Late night at the stadium wondering what they did !!! 

77A15B4D-DFE1-46A7-9736-6E670A6BDD1A.jpeg

Maybe they’re finally getting their squad photo done? They don’t necessarily have to have a white backdrop. The colts did theirs in the locker room this year - many teams even do it on the stairs going to their stadium/arena.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

Please don't presume to judge my thoughts.  I don't talk about Victoria's mental health 24/7.  But I absolutely think it's worse to ignore an obviously dangerous looking situation and truly hope, for Victoria's sake, someone who truly cares is monitoring her.  She looks tired, underweight, older than her years with hair resembling straw.  None of these are signs of good health.

Thanks for speaking up on this. Really appreciate it. I love how this forum encourages discussion and doesn't try to shut people down. There are times where I fear we're slowly losing that here, so it's nice to see users stand up for free discussion.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

There's something about crotch shots that just aren't really attractive to me.  (Claire's photo)

By body fat was 8% at one time.  I felt great and looked great.  I'm certain it is more now since I'm 25 years older.   Can't get into those old Chic jeans I loved so much back then.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

There's something about crotch shots that just aren't really attractive to me.  (Claire's photo)

By body fat was 8% at one time.  I felt great and looked great.  I'm certain it is more now since I'm 25 years older.   Can't get into those old Chic jeans I loved so much back then.

This was a video, not a photo… and unfortunate the person filming if off to the side.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

This was a video, not a photo… and unfortunate the person filming if off to the side.

Yeah, Sorry for the bad screenshot. (although I thought it did capture the moment of the dance)

I would love to see another video filmed from the front. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thank you.  I love Claire but was thinking the same thing.  There are better shots to show her incredible flexibility and extension.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you.  I love Claire but was thinking the same thing.  There are better shots to show her incredible flexibility and extension.

Cash and Prizes.🤣  Gotta love Miss Kitty "Bam Harder" Carter.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2022 at 8:55 PM, go4luca said:

Miller Lite House performance.

Thanks for sharing, that was great! We just moved to Texas in 2020 and I’ve already enjoyed seeing the cheerleaders in person several times. Cannot wait to go to some of the rally days and see them perform at the Miller Litehouse!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Nunyabiznis said:

Thanks for sharing, that was great! We just moved to Texas in 2020 and I’ve already enjoyed seeing the cheerleaders in person several times. Cannot wait to go to some of the rally days and see them perform at the Miller Litehouse!!!

I love the enthusiasm of the crowd.  They knew their names and shouted out their favorites.  And the DCC are in mid-season form.

• Love 3
On 8/30/2022 at 9:50 PM, LilyD said:

I suddenly had to think about class pictures in school. The tallest people are always placed at the back, the shorties like myself in the front (which I hated btw)

I agree with you that her length is probably going to hold her away from very prominent positions. Even in the kickline she stands out because she’s so tall, but that’s ok because she is a stunner and has amazing kicks. She’ll probably stay on the 50-yard line or alternatively on the corners of the triangle maybe? 

I think it depends on who else is on the team.  As long as there's at least one other strong performer who is also tall, she could easily move up.  There are years when most are shorter, which is tough too.  And rarely do we get anyone my height (6'0") like TCC Lindsey, who really stood out that year bc the rest of the team was relatively short.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, go4luca said:

I don't think Gina did waste away to nothing.  She was always small but I think she toned up more than her rookie year so did appear "smaller".  I have the same type of frame so I am familiar with how it can look.  Everyone of my doctors has seen me and all know I'm petite and under weight.  Yet none are concerned.

Speaking of Jada, and also Jaylyn and Jinelle (all the J names!)...they all have very small frames, so while very lean, I don't recall ever seeing them visually dip into "too thin" territory despite being so small.  Is that also your type of build, @go4luca?

And then there's a bigger build like I have, like I think VK probably has, etc. that can look gaunt or stringy at a low weight.  My face is one of the places I lose weight first, and even when my body is still heavier, the cheekbones can get a little severe.  Maybe that's also how VK is, plus the tanning and performance makeup make her look older - I loved her fresh face, low/no makeup pic she posted a few weeks back, other than looking like she needs a nap and a hug.  I can also hide a little weight gain better than others, like Paige did with her 11 pounds several seasons ago.  And poor Hannah W. was so willowy that the four extra pounds she might have gained was easier to spot.  (Another who has THRIVED post DCC!)

It's one of the tricky things when Kelli starts to talk about weight and height, because at most of these gal's fitness level and size, frame and muscle mass will play a huge factor.  So I hate when she throws it out there all willy nilly.  It's more about visual appearance than weight fluctuation IMO.  And no 18 year old that joins the squad should be getting a hard time for needing new shorts at 22.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
On 8/25/2022 at 7:42 PM, mizzhyer said:

I think she's adorable!  She has a quirky sense of humor, she is beautiful and seems to be having the time of her life!  She's in my top ten DCC of all time and she's my fave out of her rookie group😁

Agree with all of this!

On 9/2/2022 at 10:51 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Checkout VK’s new TikTok 

VK well I really love how she looks and those 🦵 are insane!  Sorry but I am not sorry.  Giving credit where it is due and that young woman busted her butt to look this great 💪 

Her shoulders look so bony. Sorry this just does not look natural for her. Glad she has access to plenty of resources to get her life straight bc this does not look healthy or sustainable.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, Holly85 said:

Late night at the stadium wondering what they did !!! 

77A15B4D-DFE1-46A7-9736-6E670A6BDD1A.jpeg

Dimples with the short natural hair is stunning, and lighter brunette with shorter hair gives me Ariana Grande vibes. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Her shoulders look so bony. Sorry this just does not look natural for her. Glad she has access to plenty of resources to get her life straight bc this does not look healthy or sustainable.

Dimples with the short natural hair is stunning, and lighter brunette with shorter hair gives me Ariana Grande vibes. 

That’s kally she is stunning 

• Love 5
On 9/4/2022 at 3:48 PM, kalibean said:

I think it depends on who else is on the team.  As long as there's at least one other strong performer who is also tall, she could easily move up.  There are years when most are shorter, which is tough too.  And rarely do we get anyone my height (6'0") like TCC Lindsey, who really stood out that year bc the rest of the team was relatively short.

Speaking of Jada, and also Jaylyn and Jinelle (all the J names!)...they all have very small frames, so while very lean, I don't recall ever seeing them visually dip into "too thin" territory despite being so small.  Is that also your type of build, @go4luca?

And then there's a bigger build like I have, like I think VK probably has, etc. that can look gaunt or stringy at a low weight.  My face is one of the places I lose weight first, and even when my body is still heavier, the cheekbones can get a little severe.  Maybe that's also how VK is, plus the tanning and performance makeup make her look older - I loved her fresh face, low/no makeup pic she posted a few weeks back, other than looking like she needs a nap and a hug.  I can also hide a little weight gain better than others, like Paige did with her 11 pounds several seasons ago.  And poor Hannah W. was so willowy that the four extra pounds she might have gained was easier to spot.  (Another who has THRIVED post DCC!)

It's one of the tricky things when Kelli starts to talk about weight and height, because at most of these gal's fitness level and size, frame and muscle mass will play a huge factor.  So I hate when she throws it out there all willy nilly.  It's more about visual appearance than weight fluctuation IMO.  And no 18 year old that joins the squad should be getting a hard time for needing new shorts at 22.  

So how does it work for returning veterans and fitting into their uniforms?  Did VK have to fit into her old one?  It was likely too big for her, so is she now committed to a smaller one to fit her A++ svelte new and improved figure?  Does she live at home??  How can family feel not feel the push to have her “eat something”?  Gina always looked healthy in the face and eyes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, Kamal said:

287181504_3224613897856786_5381760491384124026_n.thumb.jpeg.1483d99f3b0e6c5903197397228c8567.jpeg

Happy Saturday!!

This young woman is absolutely stunningly beautiful.

I don't pay much attention to the cheerleaders other than reading this forum so I don't know this young lady's name.  But she's a stunner.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

This young woman is absolutely stunningly beautiful.

I don't pay much attention to the cheerleaders other than reading this forum so I don't know this young lady's name.  But she's a stunner.

That’s Tyra 

• Love 4