Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 3/19/2022 at 10:20 AM, M1977G said:

With VK, there's always so much hearsay. I am going to wait to see if she shows up at auditions, first, and then, I'll just have to wait and see!

VK has said herself that she is, I really doubt she'd be a no-show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

VK has said herself that she is, I really doubt she'd be a no-show.

If auditions are on line like the last two years we may not even get to see much of her audition. Just TPTB discussing it and cut to VK walking into TC. Likewise if a Vet or returning TC candidate doesn't make TC we may not really get the full story as to why. For "online auditions" read "behind closed doors".

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I hope she gets the "don't show her face and just assume that she was there all along" treat ment. Cause I for one don't want to hear another VK redemption arc. 

Or about how taking a year off made her selfless and brave.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

I've said this before, and it is simply my opinion, but I think Lisa will be out-danced by the rookies trying for year two and by the incoming class of rookie hopefuls.  Lisa's dancing was mediocre at best and very blasé to me.  I don't think she's a shoe in to be placed back on the team. Victoria... on the other hand... could do everything wrong and will still make it back.  I think she's a lock. Is that right? No... she should earn her spot like all of the others but we know how that goes.  Do I dislike Victoria? Nope... I actually like her but she shouldn't be treated so differently.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I've said this before, and it is simply my opinion, but I think Lisa will be out-danced by the rookies trying for year two and by the incoming class of rookie hopefuls.  Lisa's dancing was mediocre at best and very blasé to me.  I don't think she's a shoe in to be placed back on the team. Victoria... on the other hand... could do everything wrong and will still make it back.  I think she's a lock. Is that right? No... she should earn her spot like all of the others but we know how that goes.  Do I dislike Victoria? Nope... I actually like her but she shouldn't be treated so differently.  

TPTB consider Lisa to be a powerful pom dancer. If you doubt that, check out the comments from Season 16 when she announced see was having to leave training camp because of injury. It's going to be difficult for everyone this season with only 3 firm retirements and 5 speculative to date. If Victoria comes back strong and gets in then I haven't an issue. I know she has a big fan base but I can see some really strong fan reaction against her if she gets a pass for just being Victoria.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, PomPomPom said:

TPTB consider Lisa to be a powerful pom dancer. If you doubt that, check out the comments from Season 16 when she announced see was having to leave training camp because of injury. It's going to be difficult for everyone this season with only 3 firm retirements and 5 speculative to date. If Victoria comes back strong and gets in then I haven't an issue. I know she has a big fan base but I can see some really strong fan reaction against her if she gets a pass for just being Victoria.

Whether or not Lisa comes back depends on if she's healthy enough.  Back/neck injuries are serious business and, with all the hairography/jump splits/bouncing around they do, I think Lisa would be wise to have a doctor's all-clear before she comes back and be VERY careful thereafter.  

As for Victoria, she would have to come back lean as a greyhound and twice as good as the rookies/second years to make it back (at least in my opinion), but that might take a miracle given how heavy she looked and how clunky she danced at a recent Jenn class.  However, TPTB love her and that will be all it takes for her to get back into Training Camp (where she'll get "the respect she deserves to lose the weight" and make it back onto the squad).  She should have to earn it like everyone else, but can't/won't with Kelli in management/leadership.  If Victoria wants to prove she's an amazing dancer worthy of being on an NFL dance team, she should audition elsewhere (and, if she makes it, stay there for a couple of years to get experience) where there's no question about whether management handed her a spot or she earned it.  I said the same thing about Cassie when she auditioned.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Working in VK's favor is also her social media engagement and following for the show - she has a very, very invested fan base.  If I remember correctly, she's in the top five for followers of cheerleaders on Instagram.  I don't FB so no idea what impact that might have.  If she's reasonably in shape, she'll be back on the squad if she wants to be there.

That's the tricky thing...this is a marketing arm of the Dallas Cowboys, and the show's popularity really enhances the revenue.  So the most popular "characters" on the show has more importance than if it was purely just a dance team.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Has anyone mentioned that @sydney_girl112 has already stated in her ig "future DCC"? Not sure how old she is but her ig pic looks like she is standing with Amy Leonall and what looks like Jinelle. Her ig is private. I am going to assume she will tryout sometime in the future, if Amy and Sarah Gourley will have a say in training/preping her

5 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Has anyone mentioned that @sydney_girl112 has already stated in her ig "future DCC"? Not sure how old she is but her ig pic looks like she is standing with Amy Leonall and what looks like Jinelle. Her ig is private. I am going to assume she will tryout sometime in the future, if Amy and Sarah Gourley will have a say in training/preping her

She is the one that is taking prep classes and training right now but can’t try out til next year when she is old enough 

Edited by Holly85
28 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

LOLLLL let’s hope she removes it by the time she’s in front of K&J… They would think it’s the tackiest thing ever.

• Love 2
On 3/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, kalibean said:

So the most popular "characters" on the show has more importance

And I 100% get that. I do. It's just one of the more annoying aspects of the organization. And when it comes to VK, it's borderline disappointing to see her poor behavior/attitude rewarded. 

All my personal opinion of course.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, DCC93 said:

LOLLLL let’s hope she removes it by the time she’s in front of K&J… They would think it’s the tackiest thing ever.

Victoria had a Twitter handle back when she was 16 or so that was something like @DCCVictoria IIRC. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, raindancer said:

Victoria had a Twitter handle back when she was 16 or so that was something like @DCCVictoria IIRC. 

I was about to post that, but I thought maybe I was making it up! So yep, I remember that!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

These two are trying out. Janie Ginn on the left has some power. Amanda Souks is on the right. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbgwMWwAwO3/?utm_medium=copy_link

and this girl Brooklyn Burke

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYhREFcrQ04/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://instagram.com/brooklynbburke?utm_medium=copy_link

Janie was a Mavs dancer for 2 or 3 years.

Brooklyn reminds of Collin Julia in both of these pictures.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVthMkMLbsB/

3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I think Bre is my favorite so far possible comeback girl. 

She reminds me of that Christina from that home makeover show.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

It doesn't look like Ava will be trying out this year.

Screenshot_20220325-154953_Reddit.jpg

Good for her. They would just use her for a story line again. It’s too soon.

If DCC is really in her heart a few years for now, I would love to see her back.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

It doesn't look like Ava will be trying out this year.

Screenshot_20220325-154953_Reddit.jpg

I was just coming here to post her IG announcement - I think this will be GREAT for her. Good to get some collegiate experience before coming back to DCC, it’ll give her some breathing room and time to mature before going through such a grueling rollercoaster of a process again. 

• Love 21

Why do I get this weird feeling that Season 17 is going to be just like Season 15 in terms of vets getting cut? My guess it's because it is getting tougher every year in terms of talent and because now there's the cut off point of 36 girls unlike previous seasons where they took more girls. Also girls wanting to stay on the team for longer and the drama aspect of reality television and it becomes a recipe for disaster.

I really hope I am wrong and that my favorite vets don't get cut.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
Typos
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get this weird feeling that Season 17 is going to be just like Season 15 in terms of vets getting cut? My guess it's because it is getting tougher every year in terms of talent and because now there's the cut off point of 36 girls unlike previous seasons where they took more girls. Also girls wanting to stay on the team for longer and the drama aspect of reality television and it becomes a recipe for disaster.

I really hope I am wrong and that my favorite vets don't get cut.

I don’t think it will be a repeat as Kelli and company took a lot heat 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t think it will be a repeat as Kelli and company took a lot heat 

But they got the DRAMA they wanted despite getting the heat.  Kelli doesn't care about getting heat.  She's gotten it before and given it the metaphorical middle finger (the whole situation with Victoria and not only "flunking" auditions but still making it and the favoritism/nepotism in recent years and Cassie with the "flunking" of auditions but still making it and the bad attitude/chewing people out/telling on them in previous years come immediately to mind) so she doesn't really care as long as she can put who she wants on the team.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, scorpio1031 said:

image.thumb.png.1d5f8bf4a96ff0c6902593cafb4ffc46.png

Thanks @shellyb

On 3/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, PepperM said:

Peep the front row and the comments on this photo… all our rumored retirees. I think it’s legit. 

BE5D3717-C3BE-480A-8225-EA313F421A0D.jpeg

On 3/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, scorpio1031 said:

image.thumb.png.1d5f8bf4a96ff0c6902593cafb4ffc46.png

Thanks @ShellyB well that answers our questions. Legacy is only mother/daughter (maybe someday granddaughter) not sisters, cousins, in-laws, etc.

On 3/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, PepperM said:

Peep the front row and the comments on this photo… all our rumored retirees. I think it’s legit. 

BE5D3717-C3BE-480A-8225-EA313F421A0D.jpeg

So far, these 8, plus Jalyn are the only ones I've not seen in the pics and posts for calendar trip. Interestingly, Jalyn also seems to be the only one missing from this pic, unless I'm miscounting.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Thanks @ShellyB well that answers our questions. Legacy is only mother/daughter (maybe someday granddaughter) not sisters, cousins, in-laws, etc.

So far, these 8, plus Jalyn are the only ones I've not seen in the pics and posts for calendar trip. Interestingly, Jalyn also seems to be the only one missing from this pic, unless I'm miscounting.

Jayln didn’t go to the technique class from what I’ve heard they can be excused 1 class also I saw jayln on the ig story yesterday 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Jalyn was in someone's IG story on the plane yesterday to Mexico. I can't remember who, but she was there. 

• Love 4

Are these our retirees for this year? Since they aren't in Mexico with everyone else?

Screenshot_20220328-214113_Instagram.jpg

4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Jalyn was in someone's IG story on the plane yesterday to Mexico. I can't remember who, but she was there. 

And was in the video of the girls doing the conga when they arrived at the hotel 

• Love 3
On 3/24/2022 at 9:49 PM, Holly85 said:

She is the one that is taking prep classes and training right now but can’t try out til next year when she is old enough 

Ok thank you

On 3/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, raindancer said:

On 3/25/2022 at 10:03 AM, ByTor said:

I was about to post that, but I thought maybe I was making it up! So yep, I remember that!

Nope Victoria practically took that DCC_Victoria twitter handle after Victoria the dentist (Or I think she is a Dentist based on her rookie season when it was shown she was in some office in scrubs talking about how her boss is one of the judges for DCC and she felt a little uncomfortable to go from him seeing her in scrubs at work to "skimy bikini" audition uniform etc. I spent years confused thinking that VK was the other Victoria

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cbt5qfPgb3d/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jen’s pro class from this weekend - highlights featured the following presumed hopefuls:

-Kennedy Jo (AAIA)
-Cassie S (TCC 2020)
-Janie G (former DMD)
-Holly S (sister of current DCC Tori)
-Mel P (TCC 2021)
-Bre H (TCC 2021)

Anyone catch any others? Jen said she had 50+ attendees!

Mel P actually looks really good in that portion. Not sure if it's just me but the last few dance videos she's posted, I wasn't a fan of her look or how she danced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbVNBO8gL51/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca-QO-2Jf8U/

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

She’s definitely digging into the NBA style more I think, which may help or may hurt in the long run for DCC. We’ll see I guess 👀

She’s spunky when she dances and has a great figure, but she is more “Collegiate cheerleader cute.” I don’t think she has the DCC glam look going on. Not that being DCC glam is necessarily superior, it’s merely a question of whether her look will fit the dynamics of the team. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Armani is very well spoken.  Megan says "like" a lot.  

I think Megan had that nervous/excited energy going. I think that's why all the "likes" were coming out. She needs little bit more media training. Another year on the squad will fix that.  Armani plans on being a lawyer someday so that tracks. She already came in polished. lol 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I get Megan with the "like" usage since I'm from southern california and it comes up a lot when I'm speaking. I try my best not to use it but it just comes out. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, tinabee3 said:

She’s spunky when she dances and has a great figure, but she is more “Collegiate cheerleader cute.” I don’t think she has the DCC glam look going on. Not that being DCC glam is necessarily superior, it’s merely a question of whether her look will fit the dynamics of the team. 

I love Mel.... but I think she's much better suited to the Mav's Dance Crew... she looks great with them.  JMO 🤗

• Love 7
5 hours ago, souR77 said:

I get Megan with the "like" usage since I'm from southern california and it comes up a lot when I'm speaking. I try my best not to use it but it just comes out. 

I revisited that podcast and Jessica uses "like" quite a bit towards the end of the podcast. Kashara seems to punctuate with "you know". That's all it is really. They use their own words to punctuate there conversation. A definite improvement from Gina and Molly "definitely"

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I revisited that podcast and Jessica uses "like" quite a bit towards the end of the podcast. Kashara seems to punctuate with "you know". That's all it is really. They use their own words to punctuate there conversation. A definite improvement from Gina and Molly "definitely"

Definitely lol 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 3/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, PepperM said:

She’s definitely digging into the NBA style more I think, which may help or may hurt in the long run for DCC. We’ll see I guess 👀

I think her dancing skills are more appropriate to the NBA style, and she will need to really work on her kicks.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:27 AM, parrotfeathers said:

On 3/31/2022 at 4:33 AM, Weeklydcc said:

28 are in Mexico so at least 8 spots have to be filled.

Kashara interviews DCC in Vidanta

Assuming that no one retires after the trip or gets injured, 8 is the number.  Of course if Victoria and Lisa return, it could be as low as 6

• Love 3