Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Kanye West is making new album at top of mountain in Wyoming... after being absent from Met Gala with wife Kim Kardashian

Kanye West is reportedly making his new album up the top of a mountain.

The 39-year-old controversial rap star has apparently taken himself to a remote mountaintop retreat in the US state of Wyoming to record his next LP according to TMZ on Tuesday.

Kanye, 39, has spent the last two weeks at a recording studio on the mountain, having recently enjoyed two other creatively productive spells at the retreat.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4489422/Kanye-West-making-new-album-mountain-Wyoming.html#ixzz4gbzuOay6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Kanye West is making new album at top of mountain in Wyoming... after being absent from Met Gala with wife Kim Kardashian

Kanye West is reportedly making his new album up the top of a mountain.

The 39-year-old controversial rap star has apparently taken himself to a remote mountaintop retreat in the US state of Wyoming to record his next LP according to TMZ on Tuesday.

Kanye, 39, has spent the last two weeks at a recording studio on the mountain, having recently enjoyed two other creatively productive spells at the retreat.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4489422/Kanye-West-making-new-album-mountain-Wyoming.html#ixzz4gbzuOay6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That sounds like a good plan. He can have some peace and quiet to concentrate on his work, far away from the Kardashian circus.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

That sounds like a good plan. He can have some peace and quiet to concentrate on his work, far away from the Kardashian circus.

As long as he's married to the circus, nothing will change. 

They built that huge house with a recording studio and every amenity. Was that all a waste of money? 

Why does he need to go to Wyoming?

Why not go to Paris? He loves it there.

It will be interesting to see/hear what is produced.

I wasn't impressed at all with his and Kim's kids clothing line. Over priced sweats for little kids. The Calabasas logo is ridiculous. Who cares about Calabasas? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It sounds to me like he's in the loony bin and they're trying to sell it as he's off in the wilderness working on a new album. 

Only the Kardashians would try to cover a visit to a psych ward by claiming someone is producing an album in the Wyoming mountain tops. Can't wait to hear this mess. How many recording studios are there in Wyoming?

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It sounds to me like he's in the loony bin and they're trying to sell it as he's off in the wilderness working on a new album. 

You know, I never thought of that, but supposedly he's at a resort he had been to before, "resort" could be another way of saying "rest home" 

Edited by GaT
added a "he"
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, GaT said:

You know, I never thought of that, but supposedly he's at a resort had been to before, "resort" could be another way of saying "rest home" 

IMO, something's off. I don't buy that Kanye willingly took a break and deleted all his social media. The guy's a raging narcissist and megalomaniac, it just isn't in his nature. I thought he looked heavily medicated in those Easter pics, like someone's senile granny they rolled out for the annual family photo who has no idea where she is or what she's doing there. If he is getting help, it's a good thing, but it sounds like the PR machine is in full spin mode on this one.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

IMO, something's off. I don't buy that Kanye willingly took a break and deleted all his social media. The guy's a raging narcissist and megalomaniac, it just isn't in his nature.

Deleting all his accounts gets people talking about him & wondering why he did it, which of course is what he wants, so I wouldn't put it past him.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, GaT said:

Deleting all his accounts gets people talking about him & wondering why he did it, which of course is what he wants, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Kim's getting too involved in the rest of her family's business. That usually happens when she's laying low about her own life. When she was recovering from her 72 day marriage, she was all up in Kourtney and Scott's drama and Khloe's too.

I still say she's biding her time till she can break free from him and come out smelling like a rose.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I thought he looked heavily medicated in those Easter pics, like someone's senile granny they rolled out for the annual family photo who has no idea where she is or what she's doing there

one of her sisters asked Kim if "he was coming along" on the family vacay and Kim said "he wanted to' but .... mumbling something about his work and resting.

Like I posted before, he could end up like Ozzy Osbourne shuffling around the house in his sweats and mumbling to himself.

• Love 7
(edited)

The Kardashian's PR engine (Hi, Kris!) are trying soooooo hard to convince everyone  Kanye and Kim are more in love than any two people have been or will ever be!  everyone is great! Except for Scott - what a Loser!  Go pay attention to him!  Nothing to see here with Kanye....

Weird that Kanye has blown off major music industry award ceremonies (his fav) to focus on his fashion, but then blows off not only the Met Gala and pimping his new joint clothing line with Kim - to go write an album.  What are his priorities? 

Edited by TheVoicesToldMeTo
line, not like
  • Love 4

Hey, you know who else is hiding away supposedly working on new music? Taylor Swift! Maybe she's with Kanye on top of a mountain in Wyoming LOL

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, GaT said:

Hey, you know who else is hiding away supposedly working on new music? Taylor Swift! Maybe she's with Kanye on top of a mountain in Wyoming LOL

wouldn't you just DIE if Kim found Taylor hiding in Kanye's mountain retreat bathroom?  Just DIIIIEEEEEEEEE?!?!?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

The Kardashian's PR engine (Hi, Kris!) are trying soooooo hard to convince everyone  Kanye and Kim are more in love than any two people have been or will ever be!  everyone is great! Except for Scott - what a Loser!  Go pay attention to him!  Nothing to see here with Kanye....

Weird that Kanye has blown off major music industry award ceremonies (his fav) to focus on his fashion, but then blows off not only the Met Gala and pimping his new joint clothing line with Kim - to go write an album.  What are his priorities? 

The kids clothing line looks like a half ass job slapped together in weekend. The logo for it, the kids forming the letters, not even original. Crappy selection of clothing at outrageous prices.  

I can only imagine what his medicated genius is up to creating in the mountains of Wyoming. I mean Wyoming? WTF? Is Wyoming the next rap music capital of the world?  

• Love 2

I have some family that has a vacation spot in Wyoming, just to get away from everything, & I know there are populated areas, but most of what I witnessed was really sparsely-populated, & if the PR story is the truth, he probably is in a good spot to concentrate on nothing but his music. One of the neighbors (of my family's place in WY) basically burrows in his house from like October-April, because the snow is so bad, he can't really go anywhere. Is it too much to ask that Kanye take Kim to WY from October-April? Nah, they'd be divorced by the end of October if that actually happened.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Scott is very much a part of how he is portrayed on this show and in the media. This is his and Kourtney's storyline; that's what he gets paid for.

Maybe Kanye's priorities are working on his music and fashion line far away from the paparazzi glare and social media oversharing that the Kardashians-Jenners and their crew crave. Nobody is forced to buy his fashions or music if they don’t want to. I am no Kanye fan, but I think his more subdued public presence and apparent compliance with medication are healthy signs, a major improvement over the loose cannon he was before. Who knows if it will continue? I just think that an eventual total mental breakdown for him or anyone would be a tragedy. I can't imagine anyone taking pleasure in this type of scenario.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

.I can't imagine anyone taking pleasure in this type of scenario.

Sadly, I can.  I agree with your entire post but there are the one that have so much deep hatred for Kanye or anyone connected to the Kardashians that a full blown mental breakdown would be very amusing. I think the fact that he's disappeared from the spotlight and isn't giving the haters stuff to laugh at is disappointing to them. The occasional jab about him being medicated will have to do.

I'll just add that maybe keeping himself sane and doing whatever it takes to keep himself mentally well is exactly what his priorities are. If he's seeing a good psychiatrist I wouldn't be shocked if they suggested he go to a remote place, away from the flashing lights to focus on his music.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Sadly, I can.  I agree with your entire post but there are the one that have so much deep hatred for Kanye or anyone connected to the Kardashians that a full blown mental breakdown would be very amusing. I think the fact that he's disappeared from the spotlight and isn't giving the haters stuff to laugh at is disappointing to them. The occasional jab about him being medicated will have to do.

I'll just add that maybe keeping himself sane and doing whatever it takes to keep himself mentally well is exactly what his priorities are. If he's seeing a good psychiatrist I wouldn't be shocked if they suggested he go to a remote place, away from the flashing lights to focus on his music.

I can't.  Have several family and friends with psychiatric disorders and it is difficult to even go back through photo albums over the past few decades without realizing some of those memories were tainted / ruined by manic or bottom-of-the-well behavior on their part.  Kanye spent 10 days in a hospital - that is a very long time for someone who has the money and opportunity for home health care.  He missed his family thanksgiving and almost missed his son's 1st birthday.  I suspect that was the only reason he was released so soon.  He probably wasn't ready, even then.  Kim can't control him.  Kris can't either.  Kanye's mother is dead.  He's got no one. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I can't.  Have several family and friends with psychiatric disorders and it is difficult to even go back through photo albums over the past few decades without realizing some of those memories were tainted / ruined by manic or bottom-of-the-well behavior on their part.  Kanye spent 10 days in a hospital - that is a very long time for someone who has the money and opportunity for home health care.  He missed his family thanksgiving and almost missed his son's 1st birthday.  I suspect that was the only reason he was released so soon.  He probably wasn't ready, even then.  Kim can't control him.  Kris can't either.  Kanye's mother is dead.  He's got no one. 

I think he stayed that long because Kim wanted it that way. I believe she wanted him "cured" before having him back in the house. She (wisely) didn't want him near the kids till she felt they wouldn't witness any outbursts or incidents.

There are plenty of places to go for peace and quiet, and for recording an album. Way closer than Wyoming. What about the new house? It has a recording studio and he could live there alone or with his producing buddies

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I think he stayed that long because Kim wanted it that way. I believe she wanted him "cured" before having him back in the house. She (wisely) didn't want him near the kids till she felt they wouldn't witness any outbursts or incidents.

There are plenty of places to go for peace and quiet, and for recording an album. Way closer than Wyoming. What about the new house? It has a recording studio and he could live there alone or with his producing buddies

No legit songwriter or producer would touch Kanye with someone else's 10 foot pole at this point. 

Jackson WY is a popular hangout for the wealthy, and I'd assume the businesses that cater to those celebrities would include a posh music studio or two. 

Musicians that build studios in their own homes, do more so for bragging rights.  If you're going to import talent, producers, writers, camera/documentary crews in for a real studio session, is better to do on a location rather than in your high end basement. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Scott is very much a part of how he is portrayed on this show and in the media. This is his and Kourtney's storyline; that's what he gets paid for.

Maybe Kanye's priorities are working on his music and fashion line far away from the paparazzi glare and social media oversharing that the Kardashians-Jenners and their crew crave. Nobody is forced to buy his fashions or music if they don’t want to. I am no Kanye fan, but I think his more subdued public presence and apparent compliance with medication are healthy signs, a major improvement over the loose cannon he was before. Who knows if it will continue? I just think that an eventual total mental breakdown for him or anyone would be a tragedy. I can't imagine anyone taking pleasure in this type of scenario.

The best thing about this site is that everyone is allowed to express their opinions without somebody trying to shame them for those opinions.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

No legit songwriter or producer would touch Kanye with someone else's 10 foot pole at this point. 

Jackson WY is a popular hangout for the wealthy, and I'd assume the businesses that cater to those celebrities would include a posh music studio or two. 

Musicians that build studios in their own homes, do more so for bragging rights.  If you're going to import talent, producers, writers, camera/documentary crews in for a real studio session, is better to do on a location rather than in your high end basement. 

So he's up in the mountains alone creating his masterpiece?

32 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

That's interesting since he worked with Rick Rubin on The Life of Pablo and had artists like Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar featured on multiple songs. Not to mention that Life of Pablo got excellent reviews and was nominated for multiple Grammy awards. I've said it before but while some may just see Kanye as this Kardashian show appearing joke and nutcase, he is very much still respected in the music world including among fellow writers/producers. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Unfortunately, I don’t share this charitable view of Kim’s thoughts and motivation during Kanye’s hospitalization and how they were focused on the wellbeing of her children. For one thing, I don’t think North and Saint were at much risk of witnessing any outbursts, since I doubt Kim, Kanye and the children were under the same roof very often. I believe that everything Kim said or did during that time was concerned solely with how this incident was going to impact her image. Her PR people must have been working around the clock to spin this development to place Kim and the rest of the Kardashians in the best light possible and they are probably still doing the same.

I honestly don’t think it matters if Kanye is in Wyoming working on his album or someplace nearer or farther, if it’s helping him.  All of us are under stress at different times of our lives, thankfully not necessarily so extreme that it requires treatment or hospitalization, and we do what we do for relief.  For me, nothing gives me more calm or perspective than being at the ocean. There’s just something about the vastness and eternal quality of the sea that makes me feel peaceful and centered. If I had Kanye’s money, I’d probably hop on my private plane and go to Tahiti, the Riviera, or some private, exotic island somewhere. But since I have to keep it real, I go to wherever I can afford. Hey, it’s still an ocean and It works for me.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's interesting since he worked with Rick Rubin on The Life of Pablo and had artists like Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar featured on multiple songs. Not to mention that Life of Pablo got excellent reviews and was nominated for multiple Grammy awards. I've said it before but while some may just see Kanye as this Kardashian show appearing joke and nutcase, he is very much still respected in the music world including among fellow writers/producers. 

In the year 2017, no one is going to work with him, or acknowledge that publicly.  "Life of Pablo" was recorded long before Kanye's meltdown.  Rick Rubin, Chance, Kendrick - all history.  Who, of them, has stepped up for this man - their collaborator - in the past 6 months? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

In the year 2017, no one is going to work with him, or acknowledge that publicly.  "Life of Pablo" was recorded long before Kanye's meltdown.  Rick Rubin, Chance, Kendrick - all history.  Who, of them, has stepped up for this man - their collaborator - in the past 6 months? 

Kanye has been erratic and doing and saying crazy stuff for years (that's why I've long thought he had some type of mental issues) and people were still working with him. The man had a mental breakdown, why would that suddenly be the thing that makes no producer/writer work with him when they've worked with people who were charged with crimes?

Chris Brown never had top writers and producers in the industry stop working with him and in his case his crime was against another huge artist in the industry, but no one will work with Kanye because he suffered a mental breakdown? YMMV, I won't be the least bit surprised when an album with many top producers/writers come out that also gets critically acclaimed like all his other albums have been. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Unfortunately, I don’t share this charitable view of Kim’s thoughts and motivation during Kanye’s hospitalization and how they were focused on the wellbeing of her children. For one thing, I don’t think North and Saint were at much risk of witnessing any outbursts, since I doubt Kim, Kanye and the children were under the same roof very often. I believe that everything Kim said or did during that time was concerned solely with how this incident was going to impact her image. Her PR people must have been working around the clock to spin this development to place Kim and the rest of the Kardashians in the best light possible and they are probably still doing the same.

I honestly don’t think it matters if Kanye is in Wyoming working on his album or someplace nearer or farther, if it’s helping him.  All of us are under stress at different times of our lives, thankfully not necessarily so extreme that it requires treatment or hospitalization, and we do what we do for relief.  For me, nothing gives me more calm or perspective than being at the ocean. There’s just something about the vastness and eternal quality of the sea that makes me feel peaceful and centered. If I had Kanye’s money, I’d probably hop on my private plane and go to Tahiti, the Riviera, or some private, exotic island somewhere. But since I have to keep it real, I go to wherever I can afford. Hey, it’s still an ocean and It works for me.

I was trying to be charitable towards Kim's motivation regarding the kids. My cold dark heart is pretty confident that the main concern of Kim and the clan was spin and damage control. Sending Kanye to Wyoming gets him out of CA and away from the prying cameras, allowing Kim to go to public appearances and film on vacation without the hassle of dealing with him.

• Love 5
On May 12, 2017 at 2:49 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Isn't his dad alive and well? And I've heard some of his other relatives mentioned from time to time.

On May 12, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Maharincess said:

The best thing about this site is that everyone is allowed to express their opinions without somebody trying to shame them for those opinions.  

Thank you.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I can't. 

I'm sure you can't personally take pleasure in someone else's illness, and I'm sorry to hear about what you had to go through.  Sadly, though, there are plenty of people who take pleasure in others misfortunes.  

ETA:  I was under the impression the original poster said "I can" in response to the comment "I can't imagine anyone taking pleasure in this type of scenario.", as in "I can imagine someone taking pleasure in it", not "I can take pleasure in it".

Edited by ByTor
(edited)

There are such varied views on Kanye. It never fails to tickle me how those who only view him from the mainstream White/TV/Kardashian gaze refuse to give any credence to his actual musical ability/Grammy wins/reach in the music industry. This dude has a Grammy win record better than Michael Jackson, but folks want to believe his only success is based on some raggedy basic cable TV show and the hoe he married. 

Yeah, the dude is fucked up in the head. But so were Steven Tyler, John Lennon, Elton John, Elvis, and any number of creators who are praised as geniuses...and most of the big names were junkies, which at least no one has ever said about Kanye. Mess.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

There are such varied views on Kanye. It never fails to tickle me how those who only view him from the mainstream White/TV/Kardashian gaze refuse to give any credence to his actual musical ability/Grammy wins/reach in the music industry. This dude has a Grammy win record better than Michael Jackson, but folks want to believe his only success is based on some raggedy basic cable TV show and the hoe he married. 

Yeah, the dude is fucked up in the head. But so were Steven Tyler, John Lennon, Elton John, Elvis, and any number of creators who are praised as geniuses...and most of the big names were junkies, which at least no one has ever said about Kanye. Mess.

Pretty much. My favorite is also that no one knew who he was until he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMA's in 2008 and that's when everyone started talking about him. Sure, if you ignore the success of The College Dropout, his debut album that came out four years before that incident and spawned multiple Billboard hits, sold over 4 million copies and won him multiple awards, including being considered one of the greatest albums of all time by Time, Rolling Stone and a slew of other critics. And that was followed by Late Registration, also a commercial and critical success, all before that little VMA incident. And interestingly, many ignore that Life of Pablo was actually critically praised, just like all his albums. Kanye hasn't had one album that was panned by critics. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Pretty much. My favorite is also that no one knew who he was until he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMA's in 2008 and that's when everyone started talking about him. Sure, if you ignore the success of The College Dropout, his debut album that came out four years before that incident and spawned multiple Billboard hits, sold over 4 million copies and won him multiple awards, including being considered one of the greatest albums of all time by Time, Rolling Stone and a slew of other critics. And that was followed by Late Registration, also a commercial and critical success, all before that little VMA incident. And interestingly, many ignore that Life of Pablo was actually critically praised, just like all his albums. Kanye hasn't had one album that was panned by critics. 

I'm not a fan of rap, so I really can't judge if his stuff is good or not, but for the sake of this post, I'll assume it is. If people ignore Kanye's music, it's his own fault. All people see from him is that he's an asshole who keeps telling the world he's a genius, & is completely disrespectful to pretty much any artist that isn't him. His behavior has overshadowed his music & now he's known more for the crap he does than the music he creates. He's got nobody to blame but himself. He thinks he can get away with saying anything he wants because he "tells the truth" or he's "outspoken", & he's wrong.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, GaT said:

I'm not a fan of rap, so I really can't judge if his stuff is good or not, but for the sake of this post, I'll assume it is. If people ignore Kanye's music, it's his own fault. All people see from him is that he's an asshole who keeps telling the world he's a genius, & is completely disrespectful to pretty much any artist that isn't him. His behavior has overshadowed his music & now he's known more for the crap he does than the music he creates. He's got nobody to blame but himself. He thinks he can get away with saying anything he wants because he "tells the truth" or he's "outspoken", & he's wrong.

I don't really care about people thinking Kanye's music is good or not. That's all subjective, like any art. Just because something is popular and others say it's good, doesn't mean everyone will agree. My amusement if you will comes more from the complete mis-characterization of his fame and success and career. Yes, it's partly his fault that his antics have overshadowed his career somewhat.

But seriously, this is 2017, the age of where a simple click of a button can give you a wealth of information. So yeah it's a little eye-rolling and hard to take seriously opinions that state how much of a nobody Kanye supposedly was before he interrupted saint Taylor Swift or how he's just some loud mouth Kardashian husband with little else to his credit, when it's like really? 

• Love 4

Kanye's music isn't my style, either, but I agree that art is subjective, so I can still respect that he's an artist who is very successful in his field. My first exposure to him was actually on "Punk'd", probably around 2004, when he was pretty new (I hadn't heard of him), & he was a complete & total douchebag, although, I can't really remember the punk. Honestly, I couldn't believe how he acted, & was embarrassed for his friends & family. I know that "Punk'd" had extreme situations, but some people were amazing & handled themselves really well, IE Justin Timberlake when the IRS seized everything, including his dog, & Omarion, who showed amazing restraint & just handled an awful situation really well, but Kanye showed his true colors. My next exposure to him was either the AMAs or the Grammys, when Gretchen Wilson beat him for new artist of the year, & he threw a fit & said that he deserved it over her, typical Kanye rant. It was just ridiculous. My next exposure to him was "Golddigger", so he redeemed some of his bad behavior, because that song rocked, but I'll always remember him from "Punk'd", because that's who he really is in my book.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

But seriously, this is 2017, the age of where a simple click of a button can give you a wealth of information. 

But why would anybody do that? If people hadn't heard of him before the Taylor Swift thing, why would they want to research him? If his music wasn't something they were familiar with (and I knew who he was before Taylor Swift) why would anyone waste their time finding out about him? 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

But why would anybody do that? If people hadn't heard of him before the Taylor Swift thing, why would they want to research him? If his music wasn't something they were familiar with (and I knew who he was before Taylor Swift) why would anyone waste their time finding out about him? 

I'm not talking about someone saying they had never heard of Kanye until that incident because people say the same about Taylor and for me that's not the case but that's because I was a fan of her music. I'm talking about making emphatic statements that Kanye West was a nobody until he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMA's in 2008 and that's what propelled his caree. I just feel if someone is going to make bold claims like that about someone in a discussion, maybe getting your facts straight would help. YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm not talking about someone saying they had never heard of Kanye until that incident because people say the same about Taylor and for me that's not the case but that's because I was a fan of her music. I'm talking about making emphatic statements that Kanye West was a nobody until he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMA's in 2008 and that's what propelled his caree. I just feel if someone is going to make bold claims like that about someone in a discussion, maybe getting your facts straight would help. YMMV. 

I only knew Kanye from his "Gold Digger" performance on Chappelle's Show. I definitely took more notice after the Taylor incident. Since I don't care for her, I thought it was funny. I'm not his target audience, but I do like some songs and have never heard anyone with any credibility deny that he's talented. 

Edited by MischaMouse
On 08/09/2016 at 7:37 AM, Kokapetl said:
Keep watching until the end. 

And a compilation. 

I guess Kanye and Swift sell albums, but only Kanye delivers terrible fashion shows, waxwork nude Taylor Swifts, and PlayStation 2 quality video game trailers about his mother flying a Pegasus to heaven. It's easy to know about Kanye's antics, even if you've never heard his music. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I guess Kanye and Swift sell albums, but only Kanye delivers terrible fashion shows, waxwork nude Taylor Swifts, and PlayStation 2 quality video game trailers about his mother flying a Pegasus to heaven. It's easy to know about Kanye's antics, even if you've never heard his music. 

How anyone could look at that gruesome display of sweatshirts, T shirt dresses and ugly ass boots and even think there's genius behind it is beyond my comprehension. They look like prisoners of war standing around in their underwear.

Kim's style sense before Kanye was tacky/cheap and since its gone downhill even more, maybe with dumping her "stylist" we'll see an improvement. I doubt it.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, toolazy said:

I wasn't especially bothered by this until I saw that he wants to change the school colors and name.  I hope that school officials don't sell out their school's culture. 

What will the colors be beige and camo? Will the uniforms have holes and excessively long sleeves? Maybe he's got a warehouse full of unsold prior seasons of Yeezy crap he needs to unload?

• Love 8

Change the school name and colors???? I wonder who is on that school board. If the Adidas contract is up, I can't imagine Kanye coming in with the low bid.

Is this a public school?

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Change the school name and colors???? I wonder who is on that school board. If the Adidas contract is up, I can't imagine Kanye coming in with the low bid.

Is this a public school?

Maybe he'll become the school mascot? They trot him out before the games,and he does his fist pump, crotch grab moves and some wacky rap to motivate the team? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is this a public school?

Yes, that's what I find so confusing, I didn't realize public schools could make deals with companies like that.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:49 PM, GaT said:

That's where they all live.

I know that. It's not like he was born there or anything. I just think it's weird to design clothing with the name of a city of/for the nouveau riche on them. YMMV

• Love 1
11 hours ago, peaceknit said:

I know that. It's not like he was born there or anything. I just think it's weird to design clothing with the name of a city of/for the nouveau riche on them. YMMV

My understanding is that Calabasas was former ranch land that was turned into gated communities with multimillion dollar mansions about 30 years ago.  So it doesn't have very much in the way of a history, landmarks, or a unique culture unlike, say, Chicago where Kanye is from.  From a merchandising perspective, he wouldn't have a lot of competition in the Calabasas branding arena, and he'd have the demographic of wannabe rich buying up all of that ugly $hit.  He's trying to turn that vanilla-est of vanilla bedroom communities into a brand.

• Love 6