Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Maybe he should just stick to shoes. 

I'm curious what happened here.  He turned down the Grammy's to head to NYC and prepare for this big event that was kinda meh.  And then not even coming out at the end....is that like a giant middle finger to his audience?  And why wasn't the family there?  They live for this $hit.  Remember last year when they all dressed up in feathers and dragged Lamar's carcass across the country?

• Love 7

Lol I was actually referring to the so called fashion maven Anna who goes to all his shows but Kim? Oddly enough I never doubt she loves him. I know its a minority opinion but I truly believe she loves him. Dealing with someone with mental problems is ridiculously hard, staying married is even harder. I give her credit for sticking by him despite knowing he has to be a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

2 hours ago, Maya said:

That's funny that it doesn't even occur to any of us that she may actually love him. 

And whose fault is that?  Sad that her own behavior has most of us thinking she's making herself look good while plotting her exit strategy. She doesn't want the backlash she got after her 78 day marriage debacle..

• Love 5
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

And whose fault is that?  Sad that her own behavior has most of us thinking she's making herself look good while plotting her exit strategy. She doesn't want the backlash she got after her 78 day marriage debacle..

Or, she actually loves him.  Maybe she's grown up in recent years?  Everything doesn't have to have the most negative spin possible. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Lol I was actually referring to the so called fashion maven Anna who goes to all his shows but Kim? Oddly enough I never doubt she loves him. I know its a minority opinion but I truly believe she loves him. Dealing with someone with mental problems is ridiculously hard, staying married is even harder. I give her credit for sticking by him despite knowing he has to be a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

And if he was a broke ass, do you think she'd be staying with him? He's not that cute. Now Reggie......

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 7

Reggie is gorgeous, but after knowing about his current drama and the bullshit he pulled on his wife IMO he's really no prize..and I say this as someone who always felt he was Kim's true love deep down. Looks are nothing when you are a douchebag who asks your sidepiece to get an abortion.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Reggie is gorgeous, but after knowing about his current drama and the bullshit he pulled on his wife IMO he's really no prize..and I say this as someone who always felt he was Kim's true love deep down. Looks are nothing when you are a douchebag who asks your sidepiece to get an abortion.

One thing I will admit about Kim, if Reggie had pulled this crap on her, he would've been kicked to the curb immediately. Unless Reggie's wife is just gathering ammo for divorce court, she's a total idiot for staying with him. I don't think Kim has the same all-encompassing physical attraction to Kanye that she did to Reggie, but oftentimes relationships based on friendship are the most long-lasting and stable. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

One thing I will admit about Kim, if Reggie had pulled this crap on her, he would've been kicked to the curb immediately. Unless Reggie's wife is just gathering ammo for divorce court, she's a total idiot for staying with him. I don't think Kim has the same all-encompassing physical attraction to Kanye that she did to Reggie, but oftentimes relationships based on friendship are the most long-lasting and stable. 

I don’t know who Reggie’s wife is in her own right or what her resources are independent of him. After the success of KUWTK, Kim would not have had to depend on Reggie or any other man for name recognition or financial stability and so could have easily and justifiably kicked him to the curb if that’s what she wanted to do in these circumstances. Personally, I think that many of the young women who get together with professional athletes of any sport and then have children with them, know very well what the risks are in terms of infidelity, but balance it out with what the financial rewards are for them. This is not a dig at Reggie’s wife but just an observation regarding wives and girlfriends of sports, music and other celebrities in general. I don’t think any of these young ladies are so naïve nor am I judging them for going for it. And I do agree that relationships based on friendship are the most long-lasting and stable.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I don’t know who Reggie’s wife is in her own right or what her resources are independent of him. After the success of KUWTK, Kim would not have had to depend on Reggie or any other man for name recognition or financial stability and so could have easily and justifiably kicked him to the curb if that’s what she wanted to do in these circumstances. Personally, I think that many of the young women who get together with professional athletes of any sport and then have children with them, know very well what the risks are in terms of infidelity, but balance it out with what the financial rewards are for them. This is not a dig at Reggie’s wife but just an observation regarding wives and girlfriends of sports, music and other celebrities in general. I don’t think any of these young ladies are so naïve nor am I judging them for going for it. And I do agree that relationships based on friendship are the most long-lasting and stable.

I agree, so many of them will put up with anything for the lifestyle. Janay Palmer still went ahead & married Ray Rice after this, so it's hard to feel any sympathy for them.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

On what basis can we make credible judgments about how physically attracted Kim is to Kanye?  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Kanye's "collection" looks like 90s norm-core stuff that ended up on the clearance racks at Marshall's. Nothing original about it.

I don't see anything original about Kanye, but I did real somewhere that Kim was very involved in this collection. That she had to step in  and "save" it. And now she feels that she's also a fashion designer and wants to start her own line. The are collaborating on a kids clothing line allegedly and now her own line of overpriced rags. They can call it Kimye's Krappy Klothing for Kids.  

• Love 7

Drake Hits Back After Kanye West Says His Music Is Overplayed: 'I Don't Respect It'

The Canadian rapper, 30, admitted that he was confused by West's much-publicized onstage rant during one of his Saint Pablo tour dates last year, when he criticized radio stations for overplaying music by mainstream rap artists, including Drake and DJ Khaled.

"I think everybody has their own little things going on. I'm not really sure what he's referring to half the time because, in the same breath, I went from working on a project with him to him sort of, like, publicly s--ting on me and DJ Khaled for being on the radio too much," Drake said during the hourlong radio interview.

"When I hear that, I just distance myself from it," he continued. "If that's what it is, I don't even really understand the point you're trying to make, but whatever it is that you're going through, I accept it. I don't respect it at all. Me and Khaled are both just, like, good people. I'm not really sure why we're the target of your choice that you made that night. But again, I accept what you're going through."

Kind of seems like Drake is making excuses for precious Kanye. Yes he is going thru things but so are a lot of ppl and that doesn't give someone the right to just rant about everyone. Plus the fact I'm pretty sure he never apologizes after. Well atleast publicly. Kanye can fall off this pedestal artists put him on at anytime. He was great back in the day but pretty weak now.

• Love 3

I think he's just saying he respects if he's got mental issues, but also confused as to why he'd be a target after just wanting to work together. Distancing himself from Kanye is a good thing to do, good for him to get away from the crazy and just ignore him. 

• Love 4

From the TMZ article: "He's made it clear ... Kanye wants to be the new Martha Stewart, creating a lifestyle brand that includes credit cards, cars, wallpaper screens, furnishings, video games, amusement parks, hotels, fitness centers and healthy fast food."

Credit cards?  *rolling eyes*  If Martha Stewart ever had a "Martha Stewart Living" branded credit card, it's news to me.

Besides, the Kardashian family has already had one disastrous experience with their name on a MasterCard prepaid credit card: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kardashian-kard-sisters-back-out-after-controversy/  "Kardashian Kard: Sisters Back Out After Controversy" (Article from November 2010. It has a picture of Kim with her old face.)  Also see http://www.businessinsider.com/kardashian-kard-2010-11 "Kim Kardashian's Credit Card May Be The Worst Credit Card Ever," from 2010.

Kayne is delusional, or should I say, has delusions of grandeur. Where does he think he's going to get the financial backing to do all this stuff? What bank would issue a Kayne-branded credit card? (Or a "Donda" cc.) What auto manufacturer would get their engineers to design a Kayne model vehicle, and how could they market it in a way any consumer would believe, considering that Kayne himself only drives high-end luxury vehicles? Does he think Mercedes or Ferrari is going to back him on this? Haha. Then think about the amusement parks and hotels. That's big real estate and big money, requiring huge start-up investments/acquisitions, then ongoing operating expenses for professional management, labor and marketing.

(Edited to add: ) The only way I could see Kayne getting into the hotel and amusement park market would be to license his name for use on the facilities. But I don't think the general public has enough interest in him for the Kayne name to attract business.

The only part of this scheme in which he might have success, in my opinion, would be a video game. Kim has had success with hers. Kayne's fan base probably includes the age group that likes video games. Also, there's a slim chance he could get his name on a furniture and home décor line. Rooms to Go did that for Cindy Crawford and Sophia Vergara.  But Cindy and Sophia have to do commercials for RTG, and somehow I can't see Kayne being so gregarious, smiling and hawking his furniture and lamps.

Fitness centers and healthy fast food? Forget it. Kayne is not known as a fitness advocate, and I can't recall him making any public statements about belief in a healthy diet.

LOL, I am taking this way too seriously. These grand plans are nothing but a figment of Kayne's imagination.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Then think about the amusement parks and hotels. That's big real estate and big money, requiring huge start-up investments/acquisitions, then ongoing operating expenses for professional management, labor and marketing.

He could team up with his BFF Donald Trump!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

From the TMZ article: "He's made it clear ... Kanye wants to be the new Martha Stewart, creating a lifestyle brand that includes credit cards, cars, wallpaper screens, furnishings, video games, amusement parks, hotels, fitness centers and healthy fast food."

Credit cards?  *rolling eyes*  If Martha Stewart ever had a "Martha Stewart Living" branded credit card, it's news to me.

Besides, the Kardashian family has already had one disastrous experience with their name on a MasterCard prepaid credit card: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kardashian-kard-sisters-back-out-after-controversy/  "Kardashian Kard: Sisters Back Out After Controversy" (Article from November 2010. It has a picture of Kim with her old face.)  Also see http://www.businessinsider.com/kardashian-kard-2010-11 "Kim Kardashian's Credit Card May Be The Worst Credit Card Ever," from 2010.

Kayne is delusional, or should I say, has delusions of grandeur. Where does he think he's going to get the financial backing to do all this stuff? What bank would issue a Kayne-branded credit card? (Or a "Donda" cc.) What auto manufacturer would get their engineers to design a Kayne model vehicle, and how could they market it in a way any consumer would believe, considering that Kayne himself only drives high-end luxury vehicles? Does he think Mercedes or Ferrari is going to back him on this? Haha. Then think about the amusement parks and hotels. That's big real estate and big money, requiring huge start-up investments/acquisitions, then ongoing operating expenses for professional management, labor and marketing.

(Edited to add: ) The only way I could see Kayne getting into the hotel and amusement park market would be to license his name for use on the facilities. But I don't think the general public has enough interest in him for the Kayne name to attract business.

The only part of this scheme in which he might have success, in my opinion, would be a video game. Kim has had success with hers. Kayne's fan base probably includes the age group that likes video games. Also, there's a slim chance he could get his name on a furniture and home décor line. Rooms to Go did that for Cindy Crawford and Sophia Vergara.  But Cindy and Sophia have to do commercials for RTG, and somehow I can't see Kayne being so gregarious, smiling and hawking his furniture and lamps.

Fitness centers and healthy fast food? Forget it. Kayne is not known as a fitness advocate, and I can't recall him making any public statements about belief in a healthy diet.

LOL, I am taking this way too seriously. These grand plans are nothing but a figment of Kayne's imagination.

They need to up his meds. He's entered "unreality" territory.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

So that's what he's been doing while recuperating!!

Yeah, I don't know how much credence this has -- didn't it come out that he had hired people/set up automated processes to constantly stream/download the album? If you game the system, you'll get the numbers . . . 

• Love 5

I wonder if all this is because maybe Kanye has grown tired of making rap music and wants to branch out.  I guess he didn't want to go the acting route (his appearances on KUWTK don't count LOL), where other rappers have found success (Will Smith, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Ice-T, etc.)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, transitfan said:

I wonder if all this is because maybe Kanye has grown tired of making rap music and wants to branch out.  I guess he didn't want to go the acting route (his appearances on KUWTK don't count LOL), where other rappers have found success (Will Smith, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Ice-T, etc.)

I think he's always planned to branch out; that's why he started the fashion line. Unlike some other famous people associated with fashion lines, who just license their names to be used on fashions someone else designs, Kayne is really involved and hands-on. I'd give him an A for effort, but unfortunately he has no talent as a fashion designer.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I think he's always planned to branch out; that's why he started the fashion line. Unlike some other famous people associated with fashion lines, who just license their names to be used on fashions someone else designs, Kayne is really involved and hands-on. I'd give him an A for effort, but unfortunately he has no talent as a fashion designer.

Personally I think he's medicated up the whazoo.  No way Kim or Kris is going to have him out there alone (Corey tagged along in NYC) and possibly go off his meds and act out.

Kim probably has him coloring pictures and making dresses for North's dolls, pretending he's a big name fashion designer.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

So that's what he's been doing while recuperating!!

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Personally I think he's medicated up the whazoo.  No way Kim or Kris is going to have him out there alone (Corey tagged along in NYC) and possibly go off his meds and act out.

Kim probably has him coloring pictures and making dresses for North's dolls, pretending he's a big name fashion designer.

I’m trying to understand this: One minute, Kim is supposedly Kanye’s intimidated puppet, dressing and doing exactly what he wants her to do, and in the next, Kanye is just a Kim-Kris puppet. So which is it? I’m not a Kanye fan, nor a rap music fan, but if Kanye has used his post-breakdown time to achieve platinum status for his album, then good for him. He has, and always will have, fans outside of his Kardashian association. In that aspect I have much more respect for him than I do for Scott, Tyga and Jonathan, whose public identities and incomes depend primarily on their connection to the Kardashian-Jenners. That ride will not last forever and then they will have and be nothing.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I’m trying to understand this: One minute, Kim is supposedly Kanye’s intimidated puppet, dressing and doing exactly what he wants her to do, and in the next, Kanye is just a Kim-Kris puppet. So which is it? I’m not a Kanye fan, nor a rap music fan, but if Kanye has used his post-breakdown time to achieve platinum status for his album, then good for him. He has, and always will have, fans outside of his Kardashian association. In that aspect I have much more respect for him than I do for Scott, Tyga and Jonathan, whose public identities and incomes depend primarily on their connection to the Kardashian-Jenners. That ride will not last forever and then they will have and be nothing.

They're co-dependent. She (and her family) use him for entry into the world of real (with actual talent) celebrities & high fashion. He's using them for the fame they have, while he gets to pretend he's above all of it. Remember, Kris bragged about how many Grammys "the family" has, & Kanye pitched a fit when Kim didn't get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They feed off of each other.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GaT said:

They're co-dependent. She (and her family) use him for entry into the world of real (with actual talent) celebrities & high fashion. He's using them for the fame they have, while he gets to pretend he's above all of it. Remember, Kris bragged about how many Grammys "the family" has, & Kanye pitched a fit when Kim didn't get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They feed off of each other.

Plus, prior to his public meltdown, who knows what she was dealing with in private. Maybe she was intimidated into wearing what he decided she should wear and how she should act when in the public eye. Not intimidated by fear of him in a physical way, but in terms of having to deal with his long winded nonsensical monologues about his genius being stymied and his being misunderstood. I thought his putting her on the spot in Cuba about Mothers Day and the Adidas/Puma/Kylie craziness, which pushed Kim to try and get Kris to run deals by him and then her going against her usual practice of not getting involved in messy public feuds and going after Taylor Swift, and the uncomfortable stuff in Iceland, could be kind of intimidating and she's always thought he was so smart, maybe smarter than her, and she was trying to keep things on an even keel. 

My guess is the family was starting to sense that he was "off" and were  walking on eggshells around him. The mad genius.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

Kayne is adding jewelry to his design collection. I was surprised to see that the designs look pretty good, classic-inspired, nothing weird or over-the-top rapper bling.

http://www.eonline.com/news/842086/kanye-west-continues-quest-for-world-domination-with-new-jewelry-line

Kanye West Continues Quest for World Domination With New Jewelry Line

"... Working in collaboration with Jacob the Jeweler's Jacob Arabo, West created 12 pieces that are inspired by 14th-century Florentine art (like Donatello's bas-relief portraits), which are supposed to elicit a feeling of classic romance."

Here is the collection on Kayne's website. Most of it is 18K gold and very expensive. Kim has been wearing some of the pieces in pap shots.

https://yeezysupply.com/

20 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

The problem is, I refuse to wear Kanye's jewelry because his name is attached to it.

That & the $10,010 price tag. And what's with the extra 10 cents?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, GaT said:

That & the $10,010 price tag. And what's with the extra 10 cents?

That's the special Kanye genius touch. Who else would think of something so unique but a true marketing and fashion designing giant? 

I get catalogs with stuff like that all the time, not made of solid gold of course but the idea is the same.  Nothing unique about his. Just waaaaayyyy more expensive.

• Love 6

I don't get why Kanye being medicated is constantly stated as a negative.  If he has any mental disorders, then he should be medicated.  And it can take a while to find the right balance of meds.  That's not a bad thing.  That's what is healthy for him.  

The jewelry is about 1000x better than the fashion.  But I'm clearly not Kanye's clientele.  Actually I'm not sure who is.  If I'm going to spend 10,000 on a gold necklace, it will be Cartier. Not Kanye West.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

The jewelry is about 1000x better than the fashion.  But I'm clearly not Kanye's clientele.  Actually I'm not sure who is. 

Anybody who is Kardashian related.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

The jewelry is about 1000x better than the fashion.  But I'm clearly not Kanye's clientele.  Actually I'm not sure who is.  If I'm going to spend 10,000 on a gold necklace, it will be Cartier. Not Kanye West.

Jewelry typically tends to hold its value (the metals, stones) better than, say, shoes, so can be worth the price.  But who is going to want to wear a Kanye west necklace 10 years from now?  10 months from now?

• Love 4