Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, twilightzone said:

So you think that someone who is mentally ill is deeply flawed and should be pitied???  Sounds like a Trump kind of compassion.

And he is the father of their kids.

Again,  I said this is Kim we are talking about. I NEVER said it was what I think. Don't drag Trump in to this. Jeez. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Who said that Kris? Jonathan? What does an unbelievably devoted spouse look like?

The vows are in sickness and health, so was my mom an unbelievably devoted spouse when she was my step-dads caregiver after he got sick and had to bathe and feed him? Sigh Kanye is gonna need all the prayers and well wishes because i don't see caregiver in any of them, well maybe Khloe or Kourtney.

Kris will just hire a psychiatric nurse.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Nutella said:

Kris will just hire a psychiatric nurse.

And pass him off as a security guard.

Sadly, the family can do all it can possibly do, but unless Kanye can be helped with medication and or therapy and more importantly, wants to be helped and is cooperative, there's nothing they can do. Only time will tell. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It is a Kim kind of compassion. Remember how she's been treating Rob after he gained weight and became a recluse - she called him a lazy slob and made fun of how his tattoos would stretch out after the weight gain. She thought Rob's state was something to be snapped out of, and she's also never had any sympathy for Scott (whose alcoholism also qualifies as a mental illness). She certainly thinks it's a huge flaw not to be 100% mentally in control at all times.

This is exactly why I think Kim will wait for whatever time she and Kris think is appropriate and then she'll divorce Kanye.  Perhaps she'll spin it as she needs to protect her kids.  But I'm jaded enough to think that she'll play the role of dutiful, caring wife until she tires of it and bails.  But the spin will be heavy and deep.

Given the fact that Rob, Lamar, Scott and now Kanye are battling mental illnesses, you'd think the women in this family might have a better handle on how to help the men.  Instead, they hold meetings over big salads and green tea and work on how to spin it to make more money.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

And here begins the spin cycle. I truly hope that Kim is being a compassionate human being and helping her husband through this but this is too fluffy. 

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/11/28/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-hospitalization/

Who said that Kris? Jonathan? What does an unbelievably devoted spouse look like?

The vows are in sickness and health, so was my mom an unbelievably devoted spouse when she was my step-dads caregiver after he got sick and had to bathe and feed him? Sigh Kanye is gonna need all the prayers and well wishes because i don't see caregiver in any of them, well maybe Khloe or Kourtney.

We were talking about this on another show's thread, but do people actually take all of these same traditional vows anymore? I certainly hope Kimmy is not vowing "till death do us part." To her 3rd living husband. . . 

• Love 5

Kayne will not be going home today.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/28/kanye-west-not-released-hospital/ Kanye West Release from Hospital a No-Go

11/28/2016 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kayne West is not out of the woods -- not even close -- because we've learned he will not get out of the hospital as planned.

Sources with direct knowledge of the situation told us over the holiday, the plan was to release Kanye today, Monday. We're told his personal doctor was going to take charge of him upon release.

We're now told Kanye is still not stable and will not be released today. In fact, there is now no release date set, because he has not recovered from his breakdown a week ago...

Then there's some more garbage about how Kim is glued to his bedside. This shit is almost exactly the Khloe and Lamar Death Watch Show storyline all over again. Will we hear Kim reciting Khloe's lines next, about how she had to go days sitting faithfully in the hospital and didn't even get to take a shower?

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Kayne will not be going home today.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/28/kanye-west-not-released-hospital/ Kanye West Release from Hospital a No-Go

11/28/2016 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kayne West is not out of the woods -- not even close -- because we've learned he will not get out of the hospital as planned.

Sources with direct knowledge of the situation told us over the holiday, the plan was to release Kanye today, Monday. We're told his personal doctor was going to take charge of him upon release.

We're now told Kanye is still not stable and will not be released today. In fact, there is now no release date set, because he has not recovered from his breakdown a week ago...

If he's been in the hospital for a week, & they're still refusing to release him, he must be in serious trouble. I think they can stop the whole "dehydration & exhaustion" lie now, & admit it's a lot more serious than that.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, twilightzone said:

So you think that someone who is mentally ill is deeply flawed and should be pitied???  Sounds like a Trump kind of compassion.

And he is the father of their kids.

I don't understand. What are you saying?

3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Psychiatric wards generally don't allow family members to hang around all day. Kim can probably visit each day, but a bedside vigil is highly improbable. 

Damn straight.  It's not like Kanye was in a car accident and has broken bones and needs someone to change his bed pan and feed him sips of water.  Being in a psych ward (even if you are a celebrity) is like being at a rehab center - think what you see on A&E's Intervention show.  Bare bones.  Focus on yourself, rare check-ins with family.  Medication, psychiatric exams, followed by more medical staff asking a ton of questions, no electronic devices/wifi, very little contact with the outside world, rinse repeat every day.  Kim might be hanging out in a special room on a different ward/floor.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is his "personal doctor" even a psychiatrist???

Probably not, however General Internists (the doc you go to see when you have the flu) has enough training to be able to detect emotional/mental distress and escalate their clients care to a hospital hold situation.

5 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Damn straight.  It's not like Kanye was in a car accident and has broken bones and needs someone to change his bed pan and feed him sips of water.  Being in a psych ward (even if you are a celebrity) is like being at a rehab center - think what you see on A&E's Intervention show.  Bare bones.  Focus on yourself, rare check-ins with family.  Medication, psychiatric exams, followed by more medical staff asking a ton of questions, no electronic devices/wifi, very little contact with the outside world, rinse repeat every day.  Kim might be hanging out in a special room on a different ward/floor.

I thankfully have no experience with psych wards, but if this is what it's like, then the story of Kim being with him all the time is probably another spin to hide what is really wrong with him. They're trying to make its sound like a physical problem, & not a mental one.

55 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is his "personal doctor" even a psychiatrist???

His personal doctor was the one who originally called the 5150 on him, so he knew enough to get him committed.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Probably not, however General Internists (the doc you go to see when you have the flu) has enough training to be able to detect emotional/mental distress and escalate their clients care to a hospital hold situation.

Yes, but he was also going to manage his care after release?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, but he was also going to manage his care after release?

THIS^ is the huge problem with mental health care.  No one can force patients to take their medication, or show up for routine check ups, or check ins with social workers etc.  The families can provide them with the basics however they are not equipped to deal with long term care in their homes.  As far as I know, Kanye's only sanctuary is Kris' house, with the maddening amount of people & camera crews who cross through the doors, and business deals to be signed.  Not an ideal place for him.  There doesn't seem to be any place he can go other than staying in the hospital. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

There doesn't seem to be any place he can go other than staying in the hospital. 

Kim & Kanye have a house, they've been living in it. Kim just moved back to Kris' house when Kanye went back on tour. There are no cameras or crews there, so there's really no reason for him to go to Kris' house. If he would just stop remodeling the remodeling on the newer house, they could live there too.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kim & Kanye have a house, they've been living in it. Kim just moved back to Kris' house when Kanye went back on tour. There are no cameras or crews there, so there's really no reason for him to go to Kris' house. If he would just stop remodeling the remodeling on the newer house, they could live there too.

So they have 2 homes, yet Kim keeps moving back to her mom's house?  I could understand not wanting to live in the house they are re-remodeling, but if there is another home to live in, why stay at Kris's house?   

6 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I believe Sarah Winchester was also thought to be mentally ill. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

So they have 2 homes, yet Kim keeps moving back to her mom's house?  I could understand not wanting to live in the house they are re-remodeling, but if there is another home to live in, why stay at Kris's house?   

They bought the first house, remodeled it, & then decided to sell it & bought the second house. The first house was on the show briefly when Kim & Jonathan went there (when they were still going to sell) so that Jonathan could verbally, & on camera, express his absolute love for the fabulous house & ask Kim why she was wasn't living there instead of with Kris. Kim then explained it was because they would have to decorate. Then, when (also on the show) Kris at a later date said she was sick of Kim living with her, Kim moved them all out to the first house which I guess they took off the market. The reason she's back living with Kris now is because she was afraid to live there alone (I guess all the nannies & the entourage & the servants don't count) when Kanye went on his Pablo tour, so she's back at Kris'. Clear as mud, yes? :-)

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I believe Sarah Winchester was also thought to be mentally ill. 

Exactly.  Mental illness with the poor and middle class looks like mental illness, screaming in the front yard or throwing commuters in front of an oncoming subway car.  Mental illness with the 0.001% is somehow tagged as "Genious"!  "Revolutionary"!  "Look at the Emperor's new clothes!" 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

The endless remodeling is a sign of his disease. Along with the paranoia about people trying to break up his marriage and probably his complaints about people keeping him from achieving his dream of being a top designer and his more recent rant about JayZ not being a true " bro" and the comment referencing JayZ knowing killers and begging him not to take him out.  So many seeming over reactions to nonsense. The Kylie /Puma deal, his offense at Kourtney "talking to him like a child" all that put together are signs and symptoms. 

I wonder if his personal physician has suspected that something was really wrong or if he has been diagnosed in the past.  Who signed off on his insurance policy for the tour?  If this is a pre existing condition is his insurance going to cover the losses?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

They bought the first house, remodeled it, & then decided to sell it & bought the second house. The first house was on the show briefly when Kim & Jonathan went there (when they were still going to sell) so that Jonathan could verbally, & on camera, express his absolute love for the fabulous house & ask Kim why she was wasn't living there instead of with Kris. Kim then explained it was because they would have to decorate. Then, when (also on the show) Kris at a later date said she was sick of Kim living with her, Kim moved them all out to the first house which I guess they took off the market. The reason she's back living with Kris now is because she was afraid to live there alone (I guess all the nannies & the entourage & the servants don't count) when Kanye went on his Pablo tour, so she's back at Kris'. Clear as mud, yes? :-)

Kris has the condo she bought to stay at, the one she was showing Kim when her water broke. I think that is where Kris and Corey stay and Kim and Kanye are in her house. 

I think Kris and Kanye aren't as close as the family spin would have it. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Kim stays at Kris's because she can't legally stop Kanye from showing up at a home they jointly own. Maybe there is a genuine security issue for herself and the kids. If Kris and Kanye don't get along, then he's less likely to bother Kim at her mother's house.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Kim stays at Kris's because she can't legally stop Kanye from showing up at a home that they jointly own. Maybe there is a genuine security issue for herself and the kids. If Kris and Kanye don't get along, then he's less likely to bother Kim at her mother's house.

According to this Blind Gossip link  @mwell345 posted, "To ensure the safety of the child/ren, they will make sure that he is never left alone with them." That does not sound good at all.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, GaT said:

According to this Blind Gossip link  @mwell345 posted, "To ensure the safety of the child/ren, they will make sure that he is never left alone with them." That does not sound good at all.

He's not going to like that at all. And unless they can prove he's a danger to them,  I don't think they can keep him away from his kids. If they remain married and live together it will be even harder to enforce. I would think she would need to separate or divorce and then get the court to order that visitation be supervised. Not an easy task. Being mentally ill isn't a crime and he has rights to his children. It could get messy. 

• Love 8

I cannot find the link for the article that I read that said Kim is with Kanye all the time, except for when she is with her children. It also mentioned something about her feeding Kanye. There was some quote about how the Kardashian women stand by their men, which made me laugh hysterically.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I cannot find the link for the article that I read that said Kim is with Kanye all the time, except for when she is with her children. It also mentioned something about her feeding Kanye. There was some quote about how the Kardashian women stand by their men, which made me laugh hysterically.

I saw an article saying that in the Daily Mail but can't find it now. DM gave a link to US Weekly, which has an article saying the things you mentioned:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-kardashian-sleeping-by-kanye-wests-side-in-hospital-feeding-him-w452445

"Kim Kardashian Is Sleeping by Kanye West's Side in Hospital, Helping to Feed Him"

"The reality star has been sleeping by her husband's side and helping to feed him while he's in the hospital for exhaustion, a source close to the rapper exclusively tells Us Weekly... She has been by his side through all of this, helping to feed him and lying by his side... The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star's nurturing behavior echoes that of her sister Khloé Kardashian, who stuck by her ex Lamar Odom's side as he recovered from a near fatal drug overdose last year. 'All the Kardashian women stick by their men,' the source notes... 'Kim wouldn't leave his side except to see the kids,' the source tells Us, referring to the couple's children, North, 3, and Saint, 11 months. 'She's been at the hospital all the time. Kim has been keeping a very close watch on him and not letting people disturb him..."

"While he's in the hospital for exhaustion..." That article was published on Nov. 27, and US is still claiming Kayne is just in the hospital for "exhaustion"??? Even TMZ, the mouthpiece of Kris, is now saying it's depression and paranoia.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 4

Exactly what Dangerous Minds said above. Even if he is voluntary now there is not that much contact between patients and family on psych unit. (I interned for my grad degree on a lockdown unit). If there is that much contact he is not getting better.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

The endless remodeling is a sign of his disease. Along with the paranoia about people trying to break up his marriage and probably his complaints about people keeping him from achieving his dream of being a top designer and his more recent rant about JayZ not being a true " bro" and the comment referencing JayZ knowing killers and begging him not to take him out.  So many seeming over reactions to nonsense. The Kylie /Puma deal, his offense at Kourtney "talking to him like a child" all that put together are signs and symptoms. 

And all that is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what we don't know about. Do you think Kim tried to help him at all? Reign him in if she could? Point out that he was sabotaging himself and alienating people that used to care? I just wonder if she kept her mouth shut and went along with his craziness or if she ever tried to talk some sense in to him and get him some help because on the show all she ever did was defend him and her family publicly put him on a pedestal all of the time. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I'm guessing it's possibly suicide watch if he's so paranoid and delusional that he's at risk of harming himself or others. 

This is very sad news, if true.  Are the Kardashians even capable of taking care of him post-release?  Will Kim think this is just another situation that Kanye can get over if he simply tries hard enough?  We know Kim has little to no sympathy for people that struggle with mental illness.  What a mess.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

And all that is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what we don't know about. Do you think Kim tried to help him at all? Reign him in if she could? Point out that he was sabotaging himself and alienating people that used to care? I just wonder if she kept her mouth shut and went along with his craziness or if she ever tried to talk some sense in to him and get him some help because on the show all she ever did was defend him and her family publicly put him on a pedestal all of the time. 

I have experience with narcissism, and one thing I know is that narcissists will fly into a rage over the slightest perceived criticism. Even if Kim tried to give him well meaning advice, I guarantee Kanye flipped out and turned the tables, making it seem like SHE was the one with the problem, not HIM. Eventually you get tired of trying and just tell them what they want to hear. 

• Love 8

The spin is that Kim is at his bedside, she's put everything on hold. She's even feeding him. The show is on hold til 2017 while Kim decides what to do.

Well we heard that before and it was BS. They filmed while Lamar was  sick and were filming when Kim was supposedly too shook up to be seen in public but was fine sitting around the house sticking her nose in Rob and Chyna's business.  

I also don't believe she's sitting at his bedside, feeding him.  First because I don't think they allow it, second because I don't think she's the type to do it. 

• Love 12

The only reason I believe Kim is spending as much time allowed is because if she wasn't going there it would be known as well. The Kardashians leak things but hospitals also have snitches just like with Lamar. But if its as bad as they say and if its something as serious as suicide watch she probably is showing concern. Kim may not be wife of the year but I don't believe for a minute she wants to see anything bad happen to Kanye or worse harm himself or the kids.

• Love 3

Sorry, don't believe she is there.  I doubt she'd leave the kids for that long a period. I can see her popping in and out and maybe having a special waiting room to sit around in and yak on her phone and take care of business, but a bedside vigil? No way. Not the way psych wards work.  The doctors can't have a layperson in there who doesn't know how to deal with someone who is having delusions and is paranoid.  They can make things much worse. Especially, if they believe some of what the patient says or tries to comfort them by saying they agree.

As others have said,  she may have limited contact with him, probably supervised but she's not there 24/7.

Don't forget he was violent, attacking someone at the gym or maybe his trainer, that's different from just being paranoid and delusional, it's dangerous. He's hit people before and gotten away with anger management classes. He gets out too early because the K's pull some strings,  some pap or some guy on the street says something and he flips out? There's going to be a massive lawsuit against someone. I can't see Kris or any of the others putting themselves at risk having him around (especially with all the kids), so Kim is going to have to deal with him alone or have some kind of aide/bodyguard around, and be on alert with her kids. It's a real mess. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

They'd better be careful leaking those details, true or not.  If Kanye can't feed himself that would imply he is restrained so he doesn't self harm. 

Oh my gosh. That implies he's still violent.

I'm glad the people at the gym called the police when Kayne started acting so crazy and attacked the employee. If he hadn't been hospitalized, something really horrific might have happened.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have experience with narcissism, and one thing I know is that narcissists will fly into a rage over the slightest perceived criticism. Even if Kim tried to give him well meaning advice, I guarantee Kanye flipped out and turned the tables, making it seem like SHE was the one with the problem, not HIM. Eventually you get tired of trying and just tell them what they want to hear. 

I think Kimmy is a narcissist, too. How two narcissists co-exist in harmony is a mystery to me. Wait - they don't.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Eh, I think they're leaking what they think makes Kim sounds supportive without thinking through what it would mean if she was actually feeding him. I don't believe for a minute that this is actually happening. 

Why would she even need to feed him to begin with? He may be mentally unbalanced, but how does that stop him from putting a spoon with food on it into his mouth?

• Love 6

I work in a hospital as a CNA and whenever a patient has to be put in restraints weather it's just the arms or both legs and arm's , they have to have one on one monitoring so that they don't hurt themselves while restrained. Someone in Kanye's condition would definitely be restrained and given ativan, haldol, or any other anti pscy meds. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

The only possible reason I can think of as to why he would need to be fed is if they have a straight jacket on him or if his hands are restrained in some way. 

Or if he lacks the will to eat.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think Kimmy is a narcissist, too. How two narcissists co-exist in harmony is a mystery to me. Wait - they don't.

Interesting bit from well-known narcissist Sam Vaknin:

But if the narcissists involved are of different types, if one of them is cerebral and the other one somatic, a long-term partnership based on the mutual provision of Narcissistic Supply can definitely survive.

Example: if one of the narcissists is somatic (uses his/her body as a source of narcissistic gratification) and the other one cerebral (uses his intellect or his professional achievements as such a source), there is nothing to destabilise such collaboration. It is even potentially emotionally rewarding. 

The relationship between these two narcissists resembles the one that exists between an artist and his art or a collector and his collection. This can and does change, of course, as the narcissists involved grow older, flabbier and less agile intellectually. The somatic narcissist is also prone to multiple sexual relationships and encounters intended to support his somatic and sexual self-image. These may subject the relationship to fracturing strains. But, all in all, a stable and enduring relationship can – and often does – develop between dissimilar narcissists.

http://samvak.tripod.com/faq60.html

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Wouldn't he get a feeding tube in that case? Someone who doesn't want to eat isn't going to let anyone feed them.

True, if he is actually serious about it. 

Could be he just wants the attention that refusing to eat gets him - especially Kim's attention.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2