Type keyword(s) to search

Jurassic World Dominion (2022)

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well that's the first bit of footage that makes me want to actively see this movie in cinemas. Still not thrilled the dinosaurs have made it off the island and based on that trailer it seems the movie will end with humans having to learn to live with dinosaurs. Fingers crossed the original 3 survive the movie. And I'm impressed that they have kept the same child for this movie, instead of cycling in a new kid to terrorize.. I know it will never happen but I would love it if we saw all the other kids from the movies in this oneย  - but I know if we did it would jsut be for them all to be eaten.

• Love 5

I may have to put on a haz-mat suit and see this in the theaters, but after ugly-crying my way through all of Fallen Kingdom, I'll need one of my friends to pre-screen it for me. If it follows the pattern of the OT, I'll love it. Loved JP and JPIII, and never need to see The Lost World again. I loved JW, hated FK, and we shall see what happens with Dominion. I already saw one scene with the baby triceratops in the trailer that makes me nervous.

ICYMI, the Prologue that was released last month

ย 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I may have to put on a haz-mat suit and see this in the theaters, but after ugly-crying my way through all of Fallen Kingdom, I'll need one of my friends to pre-screen it for me. If it follows the pattern of the OT, I'll love it. Loved JP and JPIII, and never need to see The Lost World again. I loved JW, hated FK, and we shall see what happens with Dominion. I already saw one scene with the baby triceratops in the trailer that makes me nervous.

ย 

Awww HELL. I'm in the same boat as you.

Now I'm wondering if that's our Queenie at the movie theatre!

#TeamDinosaurs

#TeamQueenie

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Awww HELL. I'm in the same boat as you.

Now I'm wondering if that's our Queenie at the movie theatre!

#TeamDinosaurs

#TeamQueenie

It has to be Queenie.

If they kill Queenie the internet will riot. She has to be the last dinosaur standing. And Blue. Eat all the humans and they can rule the world together.

My emotional center is a mess. I'm fine with people being eaten, I'm fine with the "bad guy" dinos (like the Indomonous) being eaten, but I can't handle the gentle dinos getting hurt or eaten, or any dinos being tortured. Yes, I am aware this is a movie involving CGI extinct animals. But the brain is going to brain.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

It has to be Queenie.

If they kill Queenie the internet will riot. She has to be the last dinosaur standing. And Blue. Eat all the humans and they can rule the world together.

My emotional center is a mess. I'm fine with people being eaten, I'm fine with the "bad guy" dinos (like the Indomonous) being eaten, but I can't handle the gentle dinos getting hurt or eaten, or any dinos being tortured. Yes, I am aware this is a movie involving CGI extinct animals. But the brain is going to brain.

Get out of my head! Because that's EXACTLY how I feel.

I'm all for Queenie and the dinos eating all the STOOPID, AVARICIOUS, GREEDY, EVUHL HOOMANS. And the evuhl hybrid of bad/evuhl dinos.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Same.ย  I swear to God, if there's another shot of a dinosaur, left behind and terrified, calling for help, I'm going to lose it.

I said ALL the curse words when I saw that scene in FK. And it's why I never watched FK again.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Whenever I watch JW, I have to mute and turn away from the "she's killing for sport" scene.

That one doesn't bother me, much, becuase my brain can separate that as CGI and greenscreen. It would be a different story if they showed her killing them.

• Love 2

Well, they've got me by putting Ellie Sattler in the trailer before the new people. If some of my $10 goes toward Laura Dern's salary, I'm good.

Realistically though, I don't see a handful of dinosaurs that may not even have breeding pairs being that big a danger to humanity as a whole. It makes for dramatic scenes of kids being menaced by something with fang-filled jaws, but hippos and crocodiles probably kill more people per year than the survivors of Jurassic World could.

• Love 2
On 12/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, theredhead77 said:

ย 

And here I was, thinking I would go to see it at the drive-in. LOL. Thank goodness we don't really have dinosaurs to deal with.ย 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, Anela said:

And here I was, thinking I would go to see it at the drive-in. LOL. Thank goodness we don't really have dinosaurs to deal with.ย 

Itโ€™s the LIGHTS! The idiot kids were attacked in Jurassic Parkย by Queenie because they turned on that Big flashlight, instead of staying still!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

In the dark!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Itโ€™s the LIGHTS! The idiot kids were attacked in Jurassic Parkย by Queenie because they turned on that Big flashlight, instead of staying still!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

In the dark!

I was thinking the same thing!ย This cracked me up.ย 

Someone is going to have to pre-screen this for me. The trailer is giving me serious "they're going to hurt the vegetablesaurus" vibes and seeing the dino with the rope around its neck is upsetting.

I know, I know. I'm a a bit overly dramatic. I just need to know what to expect. I'm still not over the cruelty in Fallen Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Someone is going to have to pre-screen this for me. The trailer is giving me serious "they're going to hurt the vegetablesaurus" vibes and seeing the dino with the rope around its neck is upsetting.

I know, I know. I'm a a bit overly dramatic. I just need to know what to expect. I'm still not over the cruelty in Fallen Kingdom.

Ditto.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I'm happy to see the OG's back!

You could roast some marshmallows over the heat between Ellie and Alan. I don't want her character to be divorced but also I so want Ellie and Alan together. Her son should be grown by now. I didn't look up spoilers so if I'm on to something it's pure fan guessing, but it would be awesome if he was an active character in Dominion!

I just rewatched the trailer with less stress and have a few more thoughts. Baby Blue is adorable. I need a Funko pop of it immediately. I'm 110% OK with the dinos fucking all the shit up and eating all the people.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I was more worried about the OG Crew.

I also had the horrible thought when they showed the dinos running with the horses..."oh can we domesticate the veggisauruses?"

• Love 1
6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

You could roast some marshmallows over the heat between Ellie and Alan. I don't want her character to be divorced but also I so want Ellie and Alan together.

I've never really gotten a romantically-involved vibe off them. (Frankly I think Alan and his assistant Billy behaved more like a couple in the third movie, and I'd love it if the narrative bore that out.) But they are both awesome, individually and together, and thus have guaranteed that I will pay to see this movie despite the steaming pile that Fallen Kingdom was.

• Love 2

I was not looking forward to this movie as I think I'llย discussed here before. The concept of dinosaurs running amongst us makes the series to real for me. But damn they got me with the parasaurolophus and then the rest of the trailer. I'm seeing this in the theatre, but I think I need to check before hand that all of the OG survive.

Wow - Sam Neill looks great. ย Here's the YouTube version

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer [4K]
Jurassic World ย  Feb 10, 2022

In theaters June 10

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, theredhead77 said:

If they kill Queenie the internet will riot. She has to be the last dinosaur standing. And Blue

and baby Blue.

Jurassic Park marketing team: How can we market Dominion on the toy aisle?

Nobody

Jurassic Park marketing team: adorable. baby. raptor.

ย 

Speaking of toy marketing, I am still so annoyed that this awesome T-Rex escape play set from Target only comes with Tim! I totally would have bought it if Lexie was included.

image.thumb.png.50ebd8ba8e4f9d826a2a8a75eac0dd11.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Super Bowl spot - looks likeย an edited version of the official trailer...

Jurassic World Dominion | #SBLVI Spot
Jurassic World ย  ย Feb 13, 2022

ย 

Edited by tv echo
On 2/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, theredhead77 said:

I couldn't even make it through the whole movie. It was already depressing as hell and then the ship scenes started and I had to turnย it off.ย I was unable to view them as just CGI characters.

jurassic-world-dominion-poster.png

(source)

Jurassic World Dominion Brings Together Entire Cast in New Poster
By AARON PERINE - April 14, 2022
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/jurassic-world-dominion-poster-entire-cast/ย 

Director Colin Trevorrow said in a recent interview, "This is the movie that I've been waiting to make from the beginning. It's the one that we have spent the past two movies building to. It really was part of a larger story and part of the design. And I think people may be underestimating the size and importance of Laura Dern and Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum's characters in this movie. It is very much an ensemble, and that [includes] the ability to take these beloved characters from almost 30 years now, and understand how they interact with each other in the context of a world that we've really never seen before, and have not been able to witness until now. It's very exciting for me. I'm having the time of my life."
* ย * ย *
Universal dropped a synopsis for Jurassic World: Dominion right here: "This summer, experience the epic conclusion to the Jurassic era as two generations unite for the first time. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are joined by Oscarยฎ-winner Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill in Jurassic World Dominion, a bold, timely and breathtaking new adventure that spans the globe."ย 

"From Jurassic World architect and director Colin Trevorrow, Dominion takes place four years after Isla Nublar has been destroyed. Dinosaurs now liveโ€”and huntโ€”alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history's most fearsome creatures."

ย 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

โ€˜Jurassic World Dominionโ€™: Jeff Goldblum & Bryce Dallas Howard Intro Footage To Summer Extravaganza โ€“ CinemaCon
By Nancy Tartaglione, Anthony D'Alessandro ย  ย April 27, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/04/jurassic-world-dominion-jeff-goldblum-bryce-dallas-howard-universal-cinemacon-1235011519/ย 

Universal closed out its CinemaCon 2022 on Wednesday with more footage from its June 10 summer extravaganza, Jurassic World Dominion, with stars Bryce Dallas Howard and Jeff Goldblum on hand to send exhibitors off.

In the footage, we see both the casts from Jurassic Park โ€” i.e., Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill, and the Jurassic World pair of Chris Pratt and Howard โ€” as they search for the kidnapped baby of raptor Blue while massive dinosaurs wreak destruction on land and sea. Says Dernโ€™s Ellie Sattler, โ€œIf our world is going to survive, what matters is what we do now.โ€
* ย * ย *
Before rolling the clip tonight, Howard and Goldblum were introduced to the stage by David Quincer, owner of the Starlite Drive-In Theate in Litchfield, MN. The exhibition veteran said his family had been bringing movies to the ย Midwest for the past 100 years. During the pandemic, he screened Jurassic Park at his drive-in and said it was the biggest repertory title all season.

Goldblum, dressed all in black and sporting his trademark sunglasses, told exhibition attendees that โ€œGoing to movie theaters, theyโ€™ve been the most romantic and magical times of my life.โ€ He also promised the Jurassic crew would be โ€œgoing on an extensive publicity tour everywhere you can imagine. We are genuinely very enthused, we are crazed about this movie.โ€
* ย * ย *
Goldblum also recalled his characterโ€™s warning from the first film that just because you could revive the dinosaur doesnโ€™t mean you should. โ€œThat wisdom was ignored through subsequent movies,โ€ he pointed out. Said Howard, โ€œWhat would these moves be if people made the right choices?โ€ Retorted Goldblum, โ€œYou may be on to something. Maybe thatโ€™s been the message all this time, that dinosaurs are clever and homo sapiens are ignoramuses, or is it ignorami?โ€

ย 

Edited by tv echo

Why did the latest trailer give me the strong impresson that Alan Grant is gonna be eaten - or at least killed - by a dinosaur before this movie ends. I'm hoping that shot of Ellie screaming is a fake out that's all I'm gonna say.

Can't believe they included the shot of the poor guy on the bike getting eaten. Although that moment does highlight everything I dislike about the concept of dinosaurs running around with humans for this series. But I'll still be seeing this in the theatre - even if it appears the best way to calm a dinosaur down and stop it from attacking is to hold your palms up.

(edited)

Chris Pratt on working with Hemsworth in Thor 4: "I loved every minute"
By Bryan Cairns Contributions from Jack Shepherd ย  ย May 18, 2022
https://www.gamesradar.com/chris-pratt-hemsworth-thor-4-interview/

Pratt was on hand to promote Jurassic World: Dominion, which he promises will feature "one action sequence that is unlike anything I have ever seen before."ย 

"Itโ€™s a 12- or 13-minute action sequence," he says. "Thereโ€™s a dinosaur chase on motorcycles that resembles the dinosaur motorcycle beat from the first one, but itโ€™s driven by a plot that makes sense. Itโ€™s not gratuitous. It actually makes sense and honours what was great in the previous films. And we did one sequence, which to me was one of the most beautiful things I have not only ever been a part of, but maybe that I have ever seen on film, where [Pratt's character] Owen is chasing down a pack of dinosaurs on horseback up in Kamloops, Canada. Itโ€™s meant to be snowy America. Itโ€™s so gorgeous. Itโ€™s like Yellowstone meets a dinosaur movie."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Jurassic World Dominion - New Tv Spot | 2022 | Universal Pictures
TeaserCon ย  ย May 27, 2022

Jurassic World Dominion (2022) NEW TV SPOT | Universal Pictures (HD)
TeaserCon ย  May 31, 2022

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Behind the Scenes (2022) Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard
IGN ย  May 31, 2022

Join stars Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard, DeWanda Wise, and Isabella Sermon as they discuss the strong female characters they play in Jurassic World Dominion.ย 
*ย  *ย  *
Jurassic World Dominion, directed by Colin Trevorrow, opens in theaters on June 10, 2022.

Edited by tv echo

Look, if they're going to bring back the original team and NOT the kids (or kid, because I don't think Ariana Richards acts anymore, but Joe Mazzello certainly does), then I can wait until it streams. And it was Lex who turned the lights on, not Tim.ย 

Timmy being a dinosaur freak, who could have grown up to be a scientist, adding him as an adult wouldn't be so far fetched, would it?ย  His screaming sister can stay home, though. It would separate the long time fans from the noobs. Long time fans: "TIMMY!" Noobs: "Hey, it's the bassist from BoRhap!"

• Love 1

Opens in U.S. theaters on June 10...

Box Office: โ€˜Jurassic World: Dominionโ€™ Bites Into $55 Million Internationally
By Rebecca Rubin ย  ย June 5, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/global/box-office/box-office-jurassic-world-dominion-international-opening-weekend-1235285123/ย 

โ€œJurassic World: Dominionโ€ kicked off at the international box office with a mighty $55.4 million.

The sixth installment in Universalโ€™s dinosaur-centric franchise opened in 15 major overseas markets over the weekend, playing on roughly 10,000 screens across Mexico, Korea, Brazil, Italy and more.

โ€œJurassic World: Dominionโ€ had the biggest start in Mexico with $18 million, followed by Korea with $15 million, Brazil with $4.3 million and Italy with $3.4 million. The film will continue its international rollout throughout June in France, Germany, Australia, Spain, the United Kingdom, China and Japan.

โ€œDominionโ€ is widely expected to be one of the biggest films of the summer when it opens in U.S. theaters on June 10. Its predecessors, 2015โ€™s โ€œJurassic Worldโ€ and 2018โ€™s โ€œJurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,โ€ each surpassed $1 billion at the global box office.

You've Seen Jurassic Park More Times Than Its Star Sam Neill
By Germain Lussier ย  ย June 3, 2022
https://gizmodo.com/sam-neill-jurassic-park-interview-jurassic-world-domini-1849010801ย 

Germain Lussier, io9: So youโ€™ve been in three Jurassic Park films over three different decades with three different directors. How has your perception of Alan Grant changed in that time and what did you learn about him from each of those experiences?
Sam Neill:
I donโ€™t think heโ€™s changed at all. Heโ€™s just older and grumpier now. But I donโ€™t think people do change very much over the years, and Iโ€™m just more familiar with him now than I was. And I enjoyed being back in his company. Itโ€™s interesting. You donโ€™t get many chances to play one character over 30 years. Thatโ€™s pretty strange, isnโ€™t it? But I think itโ€™s true for all three of those legacy characters, [myself], Laura, and Jeff. Jeffโ€™s character is still really annoying and wonโ€™t shut up, and Alan finds him infuriating. Heโ€™s still hopelessly in love with Ellie. So things havenโ€™t changed that much. Theyโ€™re just older and not much wiser.

io9: Now, I assume when you signed on to make the original film in early 1990, you obviously thought that it was going to be good. Steven Spielberg directing. Big effects film. But did you or anyone making it ever think it could endure as it has?
Neill:
No, not at all. I mean, Steven was going on to make Schindlerโ€™s List, which, of course, is a masterpiece. But that was a serious film with serious purpose. We were making popular culture. But isnโ€™t it strange how sometimes things that are made for popular consumption persist? You know, if you think, going back to my day, progressive rockโ€”prog rockโ€”took itself very seriously for a while. No one remembers it anymore. And that was made with serious intent. Whereas I donโ€™t know, a song like โ€œBe My Baby,โ€ it can never perish. And thereโ€™s something about that first Jurassic, it popped it because it broke new ground and people went into the cinema and went, โ€˜Oh my God, I canโ€™t believe what Iโ€™m seeing.โ€™ I donโ€™t know. It was just something that sort of hit a chord at the time and itโ€™s become curiously ageless. Iโ€™m not sure if I can completely explain why that is.
* ย * ย *
io9: I completely agree. Now, one of the films youโ€™re obviously not in is the 2015 film that kind of relaunched the franchise. And what I like about that film is itโ€™s Jon Hammondโ€™s dream finally comes true. The park finally exists. How do you think Alan Grant felt about that? And did that come at all in your performance with this film?
Neill:
I think Alan Grant would have thoroughly disapproved [laughs]. And, you know, every prediction that he ever would have made came true in that. But he couldnโ€™t have quite foreseen a woman bitten in half by a sea creature and an air creature because sheโ€™s on the cell phone a little too much. But no, I think his attitude to Prattโ€™s character [in Dominion] is ambivalent at best because Pratt has worked at this place and furthermore has actually trained dinosaurs, which Alan Grant would also think wasnโ€™t really such a great idea. But, you know, given his empathy with dinosaurs, they do have quite, quite a bit in common. We didnโ€™t probably quite make enough of that. But I think itโ€™s an interesting dynamic.
* ย * ย *
io9: Yeah, no, absolutely. Now, do you remember how you first heard about this film? Who called you? Who mentioned it to you? And were you automatically in? Did you have to be convinced?
Neill:
Oh, no, I wasnโ€™t automatically. I was getting rumors from my agent that Universal was talking about this, and they wanted me and Jeff and Laura to be in it, but I didnโ€™t really want to be in something where Iโ€™d just be playing a cameo. That was not really interesting to me. But I went to Sitges to a film festival there and I met [co-writer and director] Colin Trevorrow there. He took me out to lunch. We had a long lunch, quite a lot of paella and a bottle or two of [indistinguishable] and yeah, and I was well persuaded by the end of that. So that was about October before we started shooting. We were supposed to start in February, I think. It ended up being more like May, June, of the next year, 2020. So itโ€™s been quite a long time in gestation when you think about it.

io9: So what in that conversation kind of really sold you? Was it Colin? A story beat in particular? Was it getting the band back together? Was there anything in particular that stood out that really kind of put you in?
Neill:
Well, mostly his great and abiding affection for those characters and how he wanted them to be completely integrated into the Jurassic World world. And so that persuaded me. And also the idea of hanging out with Jeff and Laura again which, of course, is an attractive one in itself.
* ย * ย *
io9: Oh, absolutely. Now, in this movie Grant spends a good amount of time with Ellie and then some time with the big group of both casts. How does how did the shoot change when you were shooting those group scenes? Was there different energy on set when both casts come together?
Neill:
To be honest, we donโ€™t come together a lot. Itโ€™s really towards the end of the film that these crowds are united. But I was very pleased to be alongside that other lot. Bryce and Chris and so on. I mean, itโ€™s their franchise, not ours. And they were very welcoming and warm and curiously respectful [laugh]. I donโ€™t think it was necessary, but they kept saying, โ€˜Itโ€™s such an honor to be with youโ€™ which took me completely by surprise. I donโ€™t know why theyโ€™d say that.

io9: Thatโ€™s really nice. I think I understand. I saw the first film on opening day when it came out in 1993. And to this day, when I watch it, when the helicopter comes into the island, I weep. With you being in the movie, can you still have that kind of emotional experience or is there a detachment there?
Neill:
Well, Iโ€™ve probably only seen the film two or three, maybe four times, and that would have been in 1993. So itโ€™s not something... [laughs]. Matter of fact, I was walking through a shopping center the other day, a big shopping mall, and there was this music playing. And I thought โ€œThatโ€™s kind of familiar music.โ€ And the person I was with said โ€œDo you recognize this music?โ€ I said, โ€œIt seems familiar.โ€ And they said, โ€œYouโ€™re so silly, this is the theme for Jurassic Park, for goodness sake.โ€ Oh, yeah, youโ€™re right. Youโ€™re right.
* ย * ย *
io9: Youโ€™re absolutely right. Itโ€™s not the most PC way to say it, but, you know, the easiest way to do it. Iโ€™m running out of time here and I could talk to you all day. But stepping back, as you said, youโ€™ve played this character for almost 30 years. What is it about Alan Grant that has made people fall in love with him over the years?
Sam Neill:
Well, that is a question that I, of all people, would never be able to answer. Youโ€™d have to ask someone else. I donโ€™t see anything particularly lovable about Alan Grant. I like him because I sort of empathize with his... he has no idea what to do with children, ends up having to look after children, is always a little bit out of his depth with seatbelts as well as he is with children. Heโ€™s not an action hero. Heโ€™s never been an action hero. Heโ€™s just an ordinary guy who has to... heโ€™s got a hat. But that doesnโ€™t make you an action hero. Heโ€™s just an ordinary guy whoโ€™s trying to survive, really. And maybe thatโ€™s what people like. That they donโ€™t see him as being the gung-ho guy, heโ€™s just one of us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Im just looking forward to seeing the original trio back together again. That alone makes this movie worth it. It is nice having a Summer movie season again.ย  That feeling of being inside watching a movie and when it's over you step outside and the sun and heat feel like a gut punch lol.

• Love 5