Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Goodbye Freedom

• Start Topic

On 11/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, winsomeone said:

They need to give Tammy a big dose of reality, and leave her on her own for a good week..no visits or answering the phone. Let her see just how well she manages without her sister.

She'd break the toilet and have to call 9-1-1!!  Then they'd have to bring the jaws of life... It would be BAD. OTOH, she might just take out the care giver if she fell over on them and squashed them.  I really think she needs to go back to the care facility and lose the 100 pounds, get the surgery and change-o presto, new Tammy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

OTOH, she might just take out the care giver if she fell over on them and squashed them.

On this week’s Too Large there was a guy Tammy’s size who is a kindergarten teacher and he said some of the parents were concerned that he would fall and squash the kids.  As much as people joke that could really happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Bonus scenes - Queen Tammy updating her hordes of followers because her family “don’t seem that happy to see me”.  Then when Chris takes her to the Mexican restaurant it starts well. She walks from the point the wheelchair is stuck on the curb up to and through the door into the restaurant.  Chris orders a healthy meal, Tammy decides to reward herself with favourite foods.  Chris SUDDENLY realizes that this was a bad idea.  Uh, yeah.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Bonus scenes - Queen Tammy updating her hordes of followers because her family “don’t seem that happy to see me”.  Then when Chris takes her to the Mexican restaurant it starts well. She walks from the point the wheelchair is stuck on the curb up to and through the door into the restaurant.  Chris orders a healthy meal, Tammy decides to reward herself with favourite foods.  Chris SUDDENLY realizes that this was a bad idea.  Uh, yeah.  

I'd like to think some of Tammy's disrespectful, arrogant behavior is producer driven but I'm pretty sure it's not. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'd like to think some of Tammy's disrespectful, arrogant behavior is producer driven but I'm pretty sure it's not. 

That would make her an Oscar level actress because there is definite anger in her statements.  What I do think is producer driven is the editing.  They are likely cherry picking the bad and leaving out any soft or loving scenes.

• Love 7
On 11/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, Roxie said:

She is a very, very sick woman, and shows no sign of self-awareness.  Sometimes there's just nothing anyone else can do to help.  Her defenses (against who-knows-what) are too much to overcome for any desire she has to change.  I am sad to say this, but I think she is going to die a very unhappy young woman.

I agree.  Long-term weight control might eventually work for someone like Tammy, but she needs to lose a whole lot of weight right now.  Her plight reminds me of the situation of people with Prader-Willi syndrome, who are genetically programmed to eat themselves to death.  The controversy is whether in cases like this, where an adult is putting herself in danger of death and cannot control her food intake, is whether access to food should be absolutely restricted by another person.  It's a question of civil rights--Tammy is an adult who is apparently competent mentally if not physically--of someone else having control over a basic freedom.

Ideally, imho, Tammy would be in some sort of lockdown until she lost a couple of hundred pounds, and never, ever able to have complete control of what she eats.  Looking at her family members, it's clear that, not unlike P-W, there is a strong genetic aspect to her situation, and she truly will never be able to help herself.

• Love 5
On 11/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, MrBuhBye said:

A modern refrigerator is around 220 pounds.  So Tammy expects a female caretaker to push the equivalent of three refrigerators on a dolly.

Unfortunately, I think we all know where this is going.  They will still be filming til Tammy's last breath.. cut to black screen telling us her date of death.  Just very sad.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PearlClutcher said:

If Tammy dies, it's all on her, no one else.  Her family have done everything to save her and she just has the audacity to call Amy stupid and lazy.   She's arrogant,  entitled and lazy.  She says she's a burden and yes she is.  Just get it over with already.

Talk about a waste of space.  She adds nothing to society. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Boston said:

Unfortunately, I think we all know where this is going.  They will still be filming til Tammy's last breath.. cut to black screen telling us her date of death.  Just very sad.

Followed by "a Very Special Episode", for ratings.   

My understanding is that once you have enough "subscribers" on Youtube, and other sites, you do make money somehow, but I don't understand how any of it works.    I remember when the show started they had a big following, and since Tammy was still doing video's to post on this episode, I guess she still gets money, and more followers.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Has it ever been stated how tall Tammy is?  She look Gargantuan-sized in her chair and sitting next to anybody.

Why was she so upset when the interviewer asked her if she was still going to the BBW sites?  That's obviously where she is meeting all these men.

How much money can be made doing those Youtube shows?  That seems to be a major source of Tammy's income but not enough to take away some state benefits.  I suspect that Medicaid paid for her stay at that facility in the first episode because that sort of stay isn't cheap.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, MsVixen said:

Why was she so upset when the interviewer asked her if she was still going to the BBW sites?  That's obviously where she is meeting all these men.

She wants to pretend that the guys don’t have a fetish and are really attracted to her sparkling personality and rapier wit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She wants to pretend that the guys don’t have a fetish and are really attracted to her sparkling personality and rapier wit.

And don't forget she's a "celebrity" a reality tv star. How could any man resist? I wonder if these grifter men get a little paycheck from TLC? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/27/2021 at 5:34 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Talk about a waste of space.  She adds nothing to society. 

She adds zero and takes a whole heck of a lot in return. She’s infuriating on every level. I’m done with this show. Despite how utterly darling Gage is - Tammy is so gross and hateful and her family such ridiculous enablers - that I’m done. I’ll catch up on the death watch on threads like this. 

• Love 6
On 11/27/2021 at 7:56 PM, MsVixen said:

Has it ever been stated how tall Tammy is?  She look Gargantuan-sized in her chair and sitting next to anybody.

According to TVGuide.com, Tammy is 5'9", while Amy stands at 5'5".

Edited by Tunia
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 11/27/2021 at 7:56 PM, MsVixen said:

When they show her seated and Amy standing next to her, she is so massive, she reminds of one of these hotel lobby bench.
image.png.c93e2d6d4e057fa5136022d04d8fbee8.png

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 4

There is no requirement to be kind in the things we say about anyone on TV.  However, this is not a fat shaming site.  Comments in which we talk about people as if they are nonhuman have collateral damage to other posters.  There are so many things that can be said about the show's participants without doing that.  Let's be mindful of the impact of these types of statements. 

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly. We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 1
On 11/29/2021 at 10:02 PM, Quilty said:

Where does Tammy get her nails done that can accommodate someone her size? The chairs aren't that big.

DO NOT GOOGLE THIS!  I did that once when were discussing salon chairs on 600 Lb Life, and huge chairs followed me around for weeks.  
(Also, when we discussed large funerals.)

• LOL 4
On 11/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, Quilty said:

Where does Tammy get her nails done that can accommodate someone her size? The chairs aren't that big.

WHY does Tammy get her nails done? It's not like that is going to make her look more desirable. 

I'd love to get a mani/pedi. But I can't afford it. Maybe manicures are cheaper where she lives?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

WHY does Tammy get her nails done? It's not like that is going to make her look more desirable. 

I'd love to get a mani/pedi. But I can't afford it. Maybe manicures are cheaper where she lives?

I'm guessing maybe its the only thing she can make pretty. And I'm in the same camp as you - mani/pedi where I live is expensive and too rich for my blood!

• Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 10:31 AM, barshi50 said:

On another note, there was a scene last night where Tammy was sitting on the porch, making a YouTube video and Amy, Michael, and the dog came out, got in the car and drove off.....where was Gage?

I’ve been up sick all night but when I got to your post my eyes automatically went to the bolded part of your sentence and instead of thinking I must have missed something (like the beginning of the sentence) I was like…yep, and I don’t blame that dog one bit 😂 This show is bottom of the barrel even for TLC.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Throughout this series, Tammy has been put on diets by doctors who do not shame her--or Dr. Proctor tries not to--but of course she feels ashamed when she time after time doesn't lose an ounce.  She has been allowed to believe that WLS will magically cure her eating disorder, or whatever it is that makes her eat so much (and otherwise abuse herself, emotionally and physically).  Her family nags, nags, and nags.  They think they are helping her by being so mean, but my god, it's been years.  Does nobody notice that none of this has helped at all?  That all these efforts--from everyone involved--have, if anything, caused her to eat more?

Clearly, there's something very wrong with Tammy, and no one seems interested in trying to figure out what it is.  She loathes herself more than all the rest of them (and us) combined, so of course she doesn't want to talk to a therapist about her feelings.

Those are my two big takeaways from this show.  Tammy really loathes herself and feels more deeply than anyone that she is a waste of oxygen.  She is one of the most depressed people I've ever seen.  Don't be fooled by her foolishness.  And two, barring some research breakthrough that would help people like Tammy, there is no medical help for her.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  either forcibly restrain Tammy, violating all her human rights, to control her food intake until she loses an appreciable amount of weight, ideally enough that she can feel good (or better) about her body; or forget trying to force her into the normal eat-less-exercise-more diet mode.  Listen to what she says she wants (mostly to be left alone, it seems to me) and try to keep her comfortable as she commits a slow suicide right in front of us.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1