Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

E4F10E02-A955-478A-BF13-9D70DB2F2087.jpeg

Thanks Holly! Who’s social was this on? Want to go look!

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Also not surprised at all by Rachel, she was always a TPTB favorite. 

ROTY is always a little bit of surprise but usually those girls go on to become true leaders on the squad. Go Kelee!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yayyyy!!!  Kelee was my favorite rookie!  I called her the quiet storm.

And I'm happy for Rachel too.... she seemed like a good veteran.

• Love 10

I’m not surprised by Rachel getting Veteran of the Year.  She definitely is a favorite of TPTB.  I’m pleasantly surprised that Kelee got Rookie of the Year.  

I heard Kelli say on one of the stories from the banquet tonight they’re running out of Barbies 😂 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I’m not surprised by Rachel getting Veteran of the Year.  She definitely is a favorite of TPTB.  I’m pleasantly surprised that Kelee got Rookie of the Year.  

I heard Kelli say on one of the stories from the banquet tonight they’re running out of Barbies 😂 

She should buy them back from the girls who have several 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

She said they needed to quit being so good bc they are running out of Barbie’s lol 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I always wondered when that closet would be empty!  She should’ve held the Barbies to 2 or 3 a year. But the last few years, she gave out a bunch. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I always wondered when that closet would be empty!  She should’ve held the Barbies to 2 or 3 a year. But the last few years, she gave out a bunch. 

And a lot of times it’s a lot of the same ladies 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Ladies retiring got alumni jerseys 

D51557D1-5909-4C31-9D36-7F298101C827.jpeg

So our retirees are  Erin, Gina, Taylor, Lexi, Amber, Madeline, Kristin and Rachel

Edited by Jezlyn
Wrong person
  • Love 3
On 4/10/2022 at 3:34 PM, TB12 said:

Was it Kleine's bf who proposed during Meet the Team last year? That really pissed me off, its her night let her have it you tool..

It pisses me off too, but for another reason. To me it wasn't her night, that night was for all of the rookies, and getting the most attention pushed to her was tacky.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, Blue hues said:

VK is coming back, probably stronger than ever.

A++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 12
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It pisses me off too, but for another reason. To me it wasn't her night, that night was for all of the rookies, and getting the most attention pushed to her was tacky.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, Blue hues said:

you nailed it. the fact he did that just shows his/their age smh

'omg my gf just became a cheerleader! perfect proposal opportunity! we get to have everyone fawn over us and it's on camera too, we might even be on tv!'

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Her grasp of the English language is minimal. I think she meant “you held the organization in high regards” Which is still a weird thing to say on Instagram.

As Kitty would say ‘don’t do shit you can’t do’ (use big words). 

I didn't see anything wrong with Victoria's post. Yeah, she could have worded it differently, but it's not that cringeworthy to me. I can barely remember being her age, but I'm pretty sure I said things that people thought were dumb. I'll show myself to the door.  

• Love 8

I am thrilled for Keele is that how she spells it, sorry Girl! I wanted Lea but over the moon for her!

as far as Barbies to me they’re just not that special anymore. It’s like a participation medal at this point, you get a Barbie you get a Barbie… and Kleine got one for that Hip Hop routine, seriously? 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

2B718623-2DDB-48ED-A019-BBCC6D808844.jpeg

Yes!!! Congratulations to Kelee!! I was expecting Tori or Tyra to get it, but this choice is not that surprising to me. She seems so soft spoken, mature, and down to earth, and loved by the team. And how adorable does she look in this dress? 💃

15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Barbie winners 

387B03FC-D0D7-439D-963A-FAD9EEB2CBF3.jpeg

Yay Lea!!!🎉 So well deserved! I can definitely see Lea in the triangle if she stays with the DCC long term. Ya know..to be honest, I'm really shocked to see Kleine getting a solo Barbie and no KayDianna, Ashlee, Chandi, or Kelsey. 

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Kleine got one for that Hip Hop routine, seriously?

MTE. what we saw was um not cute. not barbie worthy

does anyone know her dance background? i feel like we never heard literally anything about it during the season, which makes me think hip-hop is her way of hiding her lack of the ~classical technique~ they love

if you're giving this many people barbies what does it even mean anymore

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

I didn't see anything wrong with Victoria's post. Yeah, she could have worded it differently, but it's not that cringeworthy to me. I can barely remember being her age, but I'm pretty sure I said things that people thought were dumb. I'll show myself to the door.  

To me it doesn't comes off as genuine. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, souR77 said:

To me it doesn't comes off as genuine. 

To me either. She comes across like she's Erin's employer giving her a respectable goodbye or something. And not like her sister/teammate. I think that's why it was awkward for me to read.  

• Love 13
On 4/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, Holly85 said:

IMO, one of the best glam-ups of recent years. She came back that second TCC looking 🔥 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, RhiRhi said:

Her grasp of the English language is minimal. I think she meant “you held the organization in high regards” Which is still a weird thing to say on Instagram.

As Kitty would say ‘don’t do shit you can’t do’ (use big words). 

I can’t love this post enough. You took the words right out of mouth. It’s like when Joey was writing a recommendation letter to the adoption agency for Monica and Chandler and changed every word to something that he thought sounded smarter. And it was basically unintelligible.   The adoption agency thought a child wrote it. (FRIENDS reference for those who didn’t watch it). 

On 4/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, DocBrown said:

I agree… do people not have work in the morning? Or is not a late night event? 

I’m thinking of my end of year team events (university badminton, so nothing to get excited about!) our dinners were quite raucous so were always held on a Saturday! 

I love this use of “raucous.”  I’m determined to use it daily now. 

Im going to say it and I’ll probably sound like a terrible person but I really don’t care. Edited to sound less harsh: I do not like Gina’s look. At all. I used to love her unique look. But now she looks like every other Real Housewife. She and Michelle Keys must frequent the same Med-Spa. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Not sound so bitchy. Just a little bitchy.
  • Love 10

I haven't watched many episodes in the last couple seasons, so I'm not too familiar with the girls this year and last. I went on Instagram last last night to follow a bunch of the new girls to see posts about the banquet. 

That being said, I don't know much about Jensen, but she looks like she could be a DCC from 15+ years ago.  I saw some pics of her from the calendar shoot and was wondering how old she is. I feel like I haven't seen as much of her as the other new girls. Anyway, she just looks a lot older than she is to me. Sorry 😬 I know some people just look older than they are. 

8 hours ago, vanillagum said:

MTE. what we saw was um not cute. not barbie worthy

does anyone know her dance background? i feel like we never heard literally anything about it during the season, which makes me think hip-hop is her way of hiding her lack of the ~classical technique~ they love

if you're giving this many people barbies what does it even mean anymore

First, it took me a solid 10 minutes to think of what MTE meant. 😂 

And also I totally agree on the plethora of Barbies. Call out your top 10, but whittle it to top 3 getting the B, period. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That being said, I don't know much about Jensen, but she looks like she could be a DCC from 15+ years ago.  I saw some pics of her from the calendar shoot and was wondering how old she is. I feel like I haven't seen as much of her as the other new girls. Anyway, she just looks a lot older than she is to me. Sorry 😬 I know some people just look older than they are. 

I totally agree. Jensen looks much older to me than 22. I always thought she had a Christine Brinkley look (pretty but looks dated). 

• Love 5
On 4/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, 123mobile said:

I’m betting tonight is banquet based on Gina getting her makeup done & this caption 

24FC6B8F-43C6-4725-97E8-A79D5183795C.jpeg

Wow, so very orange and those hair and eyelash extensions everywhere are beyond a bit much! Are her lips like twice the size they usually look, or is it just me? Glad Gina got her year at point and two years as GL, and I am ready to see her go. She's an amazing dancer and performer, but I never enjoyed her look that much. She always looks a bit fake to me...and she is more thin and hungry-looking than I find attractive, as far as photogenic point goes. I bet that under all that, she is really pretty, though.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 8

I will really miss Gina, her pop & extra.  I also liked that Gina's look reflects her Italian heritage.

Ignore the naysayers, Gina.  Do what makes you happy & I wish you all the best!

• Love 18
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

I will really miss Gina, her pop & extra.  I also liked that Gina's look reflects her Italian heritage.

My sentiments also. Gina has been a great DCC, amongst the best. She has pretty well done it all. 5 years on show group, 2nd GL, GL, VOTY and Point. All the more remarkable when remembering that she came back from a torn ACL in her third year. Her audition solos were always bomb. I will miss her EXTRA!

• Love 20
On 4/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, parrotfeathers said:

She deserved it even though I was sort of rooting for Lea.

Kellee and Lea were my 2 fave rookies this year and I actually like them better than all of last year's rookies. 

Rachel W VOTY, gag me. Not holding back. She's fake pageant pretty but it all looks so fake to me, fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, soooooo much contouring, and her dancing eh, blender who takes good pics. Glad she's leaving. I feel like she is beyond overhyped and that whistle in her voice is more irritating than her dead eyes. Then there are her political beliefs which just no. 

As much as I've harped on Lexie's dated looks, at least she does seem to have some spunk and personality. Personally, I would've picked Amber. Power dancer, intelligent, overlooked. 

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Rachel W VOTY, gag me. Not holding back. She's fake pageant pretty but it all looks so fake to me, fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, soooooo much contouring, and her dancing eh, blender who takes good pics. Glad she's leaving. I feel like she is beyond overhyped and that whistle in her voice is more irritating than her dead eyes. Then there are her political beliefs which just no. 

I agree 100%.  Don't forget "plastic and mannequin like" what Kelli called Lacey Minchew.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Gina-hater. I always liked her as a DCC and rooted for her. Quite honestly, thought she was better and more entertaining dancer than Holly Powell. 

I’d just take the look of Year 1 Gina over current Gina. She’s starting to morph into someone unrecognizable to me. 

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Gina-hater. I always liked her as a DCC and rooted for her. Quite honestly, thought she was better and more entertaining dancer than Holly Powell. 

I’d just take the look of Year 1 Gina over current Gina. She’s starting to morph into someone unrecognizable to me. 

The Year 1 Gina will come back. She has lost a lot of pounds since year 1, all in persuit of excellence and now the pressure is no longer there she will fill out her Italian cheekbones.

I will sure miss Gina Ligi. If you say it out loud it's like music playing, say it soft and it's almost like praying: Gina Ligi, I'lll never stop saying Gina Ligi.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

My sentiments also. Gina has been a great DCC, amongst the best. She has pretty well done it all. 5 years on show group, 2nd GL, GL, VOTY and Point. All the more remarkable when remembering that she came back from a torn ACL in her third year. Her audition solos were always bomb. I will miss her EXTRA!

One more here! Part of the reason I went to the wildcard game in January (had missed regular season games and had to go through an ice storm in Atlanta, where I was one of the only flights that could get out luckily!) was because I wanted to see Gina perform once more in case she retired. Love her pop and energy and will miss seeing her extra “San Diego spunk” on the squad.

• Love 10

I was watching Wrestlemania with my sister and her husband, and when the Show Group came on, I said "there's my girl, Gina".  They were shocked I could identify all the cheerleaders, but my brother-in-law said 'well she's not even the prettiest.  There's prettier girls'.  I said 'maybe, but she can really sell it.  You never see less than 1000% from her.  Every smile, every toss of the head....she always makes it look spontaneous and fresh".

Later he asked me to let him know when the MTT new season comes on so he can watch, LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Who is this between Judi and Kelli? She looks the same age as them?! And nothing like I would expect a current DCC to look like.

If I hadn't seen her pinky celebrating her rookie ring I would have assumed she was alumni from when J and K were cheerleaders.

Screenshot_20220423-205735_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Jezlyn
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Who is this between Judi and Kelli? She looks the same age as them?! And nothing like I would expect a current DCC to look like.

If I hadn't seen her pinky celebrating her rookie ring I would have assumed she was alumni from when J and K were cheerleaders.

Screenshot_20220423-205735_Instagram.jpg

That's Jensen, she's a stunner on the field.

Screenshot_20220301-133637_Instagram_1646165643434.jpg

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

That's Jensen, she's a stunner on the field.

Screenshot_20220301-133637_Instagram_1646165643434.jpg

This is why I don't get the "Jensen looks old fashioned" comments.  Jensen looks like a beautiful, carefree Southern California blonde.  I've lived in SoCal since 1974 so I watched the look morph over the years.  🤷‍♀️

McKenzie's hair isn't that different and of the two, I think she looks older.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She looks really good in that picture and not old, but I'm sorry she does look older to me in a lot of her pictures. That's just my opinion. I can agree about McKenzie looking older. 

No worries.  I think where we are from / live, has a lot to do with our perception.  Make-up, hair and overall look/outfit is pretty laid back in California.  The South seems to lean more towards glam.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

This is why I don't get the "Jensen looks old fashioned" comments.  Jensen looks like a beautiful, carefree Southern California blonde.  I've lived in SoCal since 1974 so I watched the look morph over the years.  🤷‍♀️

McKenzie's hair isn't that different and of the two, I think she looks older.

Well I think McKenzie is another one on the squad that looks older than her actual age of 25. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JapMo said:

OMG, I wouldn't have guessed.  That's quite the outfit she's wearing.  S E X Y

That is a very risky outfit because it shows…everything. All I see is a (fortunately very tiny) camel toe. Sorry for potentially ruining the outfit.  (Me dodging bullets now)

On another note: Both Gina and Rachel are retiring, so we’ll have a new point/ two new points this year. Am curious to see who it will be. They have surprised me a number of times (particularly with Amy and Maddie) so I won’t bet any money on this!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

On another note: Both Gina and Rachel are retiring, so we’ll have a new point/ two new points this year. Am curious to see who it will be. They have surprised me a number of times (particularly with Amy and Maddie) so I won’t bet any money on this!

Amy wasn't a surprise for me....Maddie was.  

Of the about-to-be 4-5 year vets, I could see Ashley for sure.  Or Chandi.  One of those two but not both. Kelsey possibly.  No to Caroline.  Also no to Jalyn...love her but don't see them giving it to her.  I'm not even considering Kat.

3 Year - Marissa head & shoulders.  The rest you could put in a paper bag and pull one out...there's no one better or worse than the next IMO.   Claire could definitely be in the competition if she punched up her appearance a little bit.  You know...turned up the heat.  Spice up that red hair.  There's only one other redhead (Jalyn) and she's got the lock on mahogany.  Claire should go the other way...brighter red.  Not Carrot Top, of course, but a red that screams Look At Me.      

2 Year (the current Rookies) - There's no one IMO.  But if I had to throw out a wildcard, I'd say Kleine, maybe.....or Tori.  

• Love 3