Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I think VK is just wayyyy too close to TK and TPTB. Naturally, I think the girls stray away because they can't be "real" with someone could spill the beans at any time. Real meaning being goofy, using profanity if they want, all behind closed doors of course. As a former dancer, I would always stay away from people who were besties with the teacher/owner/director simply because you always have to stay "on". Sure the girls are all DCC ready, but I'm sure they feel they can't be genuine with VK because of that.

5 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

That makes me sad for her, because that’s probably what is the case.  

Oh I'm sure many shy away because of who Vic is and is connected to.  But even Cassie managed to forge close friendships.  I can't say how genuine all of them were but she did hang with and do things with various team mates.

I agree it is sad that Vic is missing out on this part of the sisterhood of being a DCC. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Oh I'm sure many shy away because of who Vic is and is connected to.  But even Cassie managed to forge close friendships.  I can't say how genuine all of them were but she did hang with and do things with various team mates.

Cassie did seem to learn when to keep her mouth shut about most things (unless it benefitted her or she was egged on by her mother).  Victoria doesn't seem to have learned that particular skill (and especially how it would benefit her during interviews or life in general).  She seems to be a "stream of consciousness" type of person who also doesn't have a filter.  She says what she thinks whether it's appropriate or not and wonders why people are looking at her funny.  Sadly, unless/until someone corrects her, she won't learn.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Cassie did seem to learn when to keep her mouth shut about most things (unless it benefitted her or she was egged on by her mother).  Victoria doesn't seem to have learned that particular skill (and especially how it would benefit her during interviews or life in general).  She seems to be a "stream of consciousness" type of person who also doesn't have a filter.  She says what she thinks whether it's appropriate or not and wonders why people are looking at her funny.  Sadly, unless/until someone corrects her, she won't learn.

Kashara's comment on Victoria during training camp was pretty damming. "does she really think about what she is saying before she says it?" (in a Kentucky accent).

Edited by PomPomPom
Spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Yesss I think Cassie made it a point to not be known as someone who would tattle tale on the other girls. As we saw in the episode where she called Taylor out, I think Cassie has a way more direct approach than VK. VK seems like the type to just run to K&J or just TK, who would tell K&J anything that's not seen as DCC friendly.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Kashara's comment on Victoria during training camp was pretty damming. "does she really think about what she is saying before she says it?" (in a Kentucky accent).

Of all the people for that to come from, I thought it was particularly telling from Kashara. She's proof that you can be extroverted and over the top but also know when to keep your mouth shut. I'm not her biggest fan but at least she has a filter!

• Love 22
13 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Yesss I think Cassie made it a point to not be known as someone who would tattle tale on the other girls.

How can that be when all we've ever talked about is how Cassie was a major tattle tale and went to Mommy/Kelli anytime someone looked at her cross eyed?

20 hours ago, go4luca said:

But even Cassie managed to forge close friendships.

She definitely had her little squad of untouchables.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Christina needs a bigger top, lol.

Screenshot (5).png

Yep, in a top, designed to create a cleavage where there isn't one, she doesn't need the Victoria's Secret bra or the Kelli knot. She comes pre-blessed. Good for you girl!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

How can that be when all we've ever talked about is how Cassie was a major tattle tale and went to Mommy/Kelli anytime someone looked at her cross eyed?

She definitely had her little squad of untouchables.

Those are rumors and at the end of the day, Cassie had best friends she'll have forever. VK unfortunately doesn't seem to have a "squad".

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kamal said:

Claire is just so pretty. She's top tier on the team in both looks and dance. And she has never seemed cocky about it.

The photographers sure love her!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

Looks like Jada got a new wig.

i need a better picture to know if I like it or not.

A3E10FB4-848F-42B9-B749-42DEF1AA1595.jpeg

Okay I like it

C7A76811-3104-479E-96FD-35F1835AD50B.jpeg

That’s not a wig. She just straightened her hair! She has never had a wig, at least I don’t think she did 🤔 

• Love 20
47 minutes ago, JC2468 said:

That’s not a wig. She just straightened her hair! She has never had a wig, at least I don’t think she did 🤔 

Yes she never wore one. This is her hair lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/15/2022 at 10:27 AM, DCC-UK said:

Of all the people for that to come from, I thought it was particularly telling from Kashara. She's proof that you can be extroverted and over the top but also know when to keep your mouth shut. I'm not her biggest fan but at least she has a filter!

Kashara didn’t have Tina Kalina as a mom whose over the top, loud and dominant presence was hard to miss wherever she went. Tina doesn’t have a filter  and is unaware of how her behavior or words affect others. And that was the example Victoria got from an early age and learned from. No wonder Victoria has turned out like this. She never learned any other way.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Yes she never wore one. This is her hair lol.

Sorry. Haha.

Since it was a different color and was long I thought it was a wig.

I really like her with strait longer hair. She looks cute in curls but the short hair makes her look like a child.

I really hope to see her in Darians long curly hair but it must take her years to get to that level of long curls.

• LOL 1
On 3/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, Kamal said:

Since it was a different color and was long I thought it was a wig.

I imagine hair as curly as hers gets stretched to much longer when straightened, but her hair is different lengths on the pictures. It could be that she got her hair cut, but I'm thinking there were extensions popped in with the "longer hair" picture.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:11 AM, DCC-UK said:

I think she seems like a lovely woman and a great teammate. I just think when you compare her to the rest of the senior vets, especially her rookie class, she's the weakest dancer. Doesn't mean she's bad, just not as powerful as the rest is all. 

I think my opinion is based on that I don't find blondes stand out as much to me, probably because I'm a brunette myself! It always takes me longer to differentiate between them in a rookie class. 

Totally agree that she is among the less dynamic dancers of a very strong rookie class. I suspect that one thing Jessica excels at that we haven't gotten to see really is the kickline. She was the captain of the Emerald Belles, Lacey's old team. They are killer kickers, she was trained on those intense stretches we saw last season, and I long have thought that must be part of what got her on the team a year before Tori, who I recall had some work to do on some of her kicks her first time around. I suspect Jessica also did way better in the media portion of auditions. For a tall one, they need perfect kickers to be next to/close to Jada/50 yard line more than anything, so I imagine that was the clincher. I just somehow feel like she is going to grow as a performer and become a wow vet.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, Kamal said:

Okay I like it

Count me among the votes that this is definitely 100% Jada's hair. It was blonde in training camp, and her hair really is that curly--no extensions needed to get that length. I love her hair like this, but I also love it big and curly. I am less a fan of when she wears her curls more smooshed down--it just is so gorgeous and fly when it's full! Straight hair shows off her pretty face more, I think.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Totally agree that she is among the less dynamic dancers of a very strong rookie class. I suspect that one thing Jessica excels at that we haven't gotten to see really is the kickline. She was the captain of the Emerald Belles, Lacey's old team. They are killer kickers, she was trained on those intense stretches we saw last season, and I long have thought that must be part of what got her on the team a year before Tori, who I recall had some work to do on some of her kicks her first time around. I suspect Jessica also did way better in the media portion of auditions. For a tall one, they need perfect kickers to be next to/close to Jada/50 yard line more than anything, so I imagine that was the clincher. I just somehow feel like she is going to grow as a performer and become a wow vet.

I suppose this is the main problem is that all we see is the show and the odd snippets on social media. I've not been able to see a great deal of last season (damn UK networks for only showing the same 3 series when they can be bothered) so didn't realise she was the demonstrater! 

She definitely seems polished and poised so imagine she's good on appearances. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I suppose this is the main problem is that all we see is the show and the odd snippets on social media. I've not been able to see a great deal of last season (damn UK networks for only showing the same 3 series when they can be bothered) so didn't realise she was the demonstrater! 

She definitely seems polished and poised so imagine she's good on appearances. 

Agree, that's also the problem with speculation about who might be cut next season. It's based on a very limited view of what people see on CMT. You would need access to the team all season to be able to spot the weak links and the improvers. I remember Savannah's struggle to make the team at TC on CMT. At the end of her Rookie season she got Rookie Of The Year. Who would have predicted that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Agree, that's also the problem with speculation about who might be cut next season. It's based on a very limited view of what people see on CMT. You would need access to the team all season to be able to spot the weak links and the improvers. I remember Savannah's struggle to make the team at TC on CMT. At the end of her Rookie season she got Rookie Of The Year. Who would have predicted that.

But isn't Rookie of the Year (and Vet) more of a best teammate/locker room favourite/personality award rather than a performance based award? So, theoretically, the worst dancer/performer could get the award, no improvement needed -- especially since it's supposed to be a team vote, not K, J, & C's decision (although I wouldn't put it past Kelli to veto a particular person -- unknown to the team of course).

• Love 6

I think Savannah got an award. I can’t remember if it was rookie or vet of the year. And while a lot of people here liked her (including me) she certainly wasn’t the strongest. So, you may be right that it’s more of a personality award.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 4

ROTY is not all about being the best dancer, but Savannah seems like an exception among the winners in recent years in that most ROTYs go on to be top vet dancers in their more "advanced" DCC years: KaShara, Caroline, Heather O, Kelcey, etc. 

Since I really like all the rookies this year, there are a number I'd love to see get it: Tyra, Tori, Kellee, Megan, even Klein, who as Judy noted, is an earnest cheerleader for everyone. Each year, I'm happy for whoever gets it, whether or not they'd been a favorite rookie of mine from the show. As others are noting, we see such limited views of the ladies and the team dynamics.

For Vet of the Year, I'm guessing Lexi or Amber (Gina already got it, right?). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, M1977G said:

Count me among the votes that this is definitely 100% Jada's hair. It was blonde in training camp, and her hair really is that curly--no extensions needed to get that length

I thought it looked much shorter in the other picture, but looking again it actually looks like her hair looks shorter on one side because of the way her head is tilted. So I agree, probably not extensions.

9 hours ago, M1977G said:

ROTY is not all about being the best dancer, but Savannah seems like an exception among the winners in recent years in that most ROTYs go on to be top vet dancers in their more "advanced" DCC years: KaShara, Caroline, Heather O, Kelcey, etc. 

Well Savannah did stay until her 4th year which is longer than average so in a way they did pick a "great" DCC for ROTY.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, Kamal said:

Okay I like it

And NOW I see why Caroline gets called “soccer mom”. She totally looks like she’s got a minivan in the parking lot.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

Well Savannah did stay until her 4th year which is longer than average so in a way they did pick a "great" DCC for ROTY.

Savannah wasn't the best dancer on the team but she was good enough to be there. Where she excelled was as an ambassador and she had and still has a great look. I'm not at all surprised she was invited to be an All Star. Long may she remain one.

• Love 10

Off topic but I can't believe a training camp of over a month is thought to me needed for the selection process.

I'm not talking about recent years because a long TC makes sense to create footage for MTT. As long as MTT airs I'm personally not that strongly against it.

I'm talking about pre MTT years where they didn't have a TV show. I don't understand why they just couldn't pick the best 36 girls at finals like how the other teams do it. They don't need to wait until a few weeks before the first game.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Off topic but I can't believe a training camp of over a month is thought to me needed for the selection process.

I'm not talking about recent years because a long TC makes sense to create footage for MTT. As long as MTT airs I'm personally not that strongly against it.

I'm talking about pre MTT years where they didn't have a TV show. I don't understand why they just couldn't pick the best 36 girls at finals like how the other teams do it. They don't need to wait until a few weeks before the first game.

I always thought they needed to pick a team at finals and then spend the summer before football season starts learning dances and such 

• Love 4

I know it's part of the process, but because they've all been strong performers,  I find it sad that most likely, half of these women will be gone next season.

clairewolford_1647797470_5_sm.jpg

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I know it's part of the process, but I still find it a bit sad that most likely, half of these women will be gone next season.

clairewolford_1647797470_5_sm.jpg

It’s very sad this is probably the last time some of them will be in Uniform besides the draft 

516E0D7E-968C-4008-AF32-6FE81105F582.jpeg

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Kamal said:

19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I always thought they needed to pick a team at finals and then spend the summer before football season starts learning dances and such 

Calling on @ShellyB if she still gets the bat signal from this place. I believe she said that the idea of an extended training camp was introduced during her tenure on the team in the 90s.  I'd be curious to know how they explained this new way of doing things. Was it because it was truly so difficult to narrow down the talent, or were there other reasons?

I'd also be curious to know if it was always 5 nights a week, all summer long, or if it started out shorter or fewer nights a week and grew from there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I actually don't have an issue with the length of Training Camp. I think it's necessary for the "weeding out" process, if you will. What I do have an issue with, is how many get taken into training camp solely with the intention of cutting them. That part is obviously all for the show, and with some girls it's kind of obvious that's the only reason they were taken into camp, which is totally unfair to those girls.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I actually don't have an issue with the length of Training Camp. I think it's necessary for the "weeding out" process, if you will. What I do have an issue with, is how many get taken into training camp solely with the intention of cutting them. That part is obviously all for the show, and with some girls it's kind of obvious that's the only reason they were taken into camp, which is totally unfair to those girls.

I take your point but I suspect if you asked the ladies themselves they would say they are grateful for the opportunity to meet others of a similar mindset, to forge new friendships,  to meet some of the top dance trainers, to get exposure on national television and will be thinking "while I'm here I have a chance to impress and change or reinforce opinion"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I take your point but I suspect if you asked the ladies themselves they would say they are grateful for the opportunity to meet others of a similar mindset, to forge new friendships,  to meet some of the top dance trainers, to get exposure on national television and will be thinking "while I'm here I have a chance to impress and change or reinforce opinion"

And they might end up being a Merideth and make the team.

“As much as I like Marissa (the human Golden Retriever), she really should take it easy in relationships.” 

The problem with this sentence is right here: Golden Retrievers don’t take it easy!

F1235EED-94EC-480C-B6FA-6984DF5B3052.thumb.jpeg.b0453c64e37e91de3feeb85691e3cb60.jpeg

Yep, she is showcasing her new relationship on Tiktok.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4