Gina

Rachel 

Lexie

Amber M. 

Erin 

Madeline M. 

Taylor 

Kristin

This list makes total sense to me. Always thought Erin, Madeline, and Taylor would leave together and lots of engaged girls moving on. Ready for a new point so that works for me. Selfishly pleased my fave Jalyn is staying one more year, makes sense for her biz and really hope she gets group leader and great triangle placement. Was hoping for one other specific retirement but overall a logical list. 

• Love 7

I’m not surprised at the retirements. I like all of them but DCC has to be hard on the body and a huge time commitment.  I fully believe more than 5 years is too long. When Rachel was helping teach a DCC prep class I figured she’s gone.  Great opportunity for a new point.   There are some great dancers to choose from. 

• Love 14
On 2/22/2022 at 4:50 PM, PomPomPom said:

I've found these to be quite fun. The playoff episode was good and gave a good insight into the locker room vibe. Perhaps TPTB might actually pick up the idea (I wish) and give us more insight into the team during the season.  The Disney trip with Jensen was cute and fun to watch. Bring on more of the same.

Me too! I started liking Tyra because of her vlogs. She's genuinely relatable.

Her friendship with Jensen is adorable

• Love 9

Also heard that Gina was NOT a planned retirement and as such many would-be retirees opted to return with the extra GL and Point spot up for grabs. 

Also, it’s important to note that this news came much earlier than last season so perhaps we could have a shock retirement or two? 

• Useful 13
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, LunaValerion said:

Also heard that Gina was NOT a planned retirement and as such many would-be retirees opted to return with the extra GL and Point spot up for grabs. 

Also, it’s important to note that this news came much earlier than last season so perhaps we could have a shock retirement or two? 

I wonder if an injury forced Gina to retire?  Or maybe it was "suggested" by Kelli?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LunaValerion said:

I wonder what made her change her mind 

(edited)
4 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

I can think of at least 5 this could apply to when tease of GL or point are in play. Thx for the info. 

And I’d bet on at least one surprise retirement. 

Edited by RileyJDR
  • Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Which 5 

May be poppycock but for those on the fence, the combo of Gina/Rachel retiring could have made these girls opt to stay:

- Caroline for potential of shared point/GL 1. She is most obvious to me.

- Ashlee for point (she probably already had GL on lock). She & Caroline both have great shot at Pro Bowl now too.

- Jalyn for GL (if G/R had stayed I think Ashlee would’ve likely moved up before her)/potential movement in triangle

- Chandi/Kelcey likely already had great 2nd GL shots but this makes odds both get it more likely and definitely favors them in triangle placement. Someone is going to go from no leadership to GL and I think it could be one of them. 

- And if Claire had thoughts of hanging it up she’s got a good shot to go to clear head of her class, 2nd GL, and make diamond. 

Edited by RileyJDR
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

May be poppycock but for those on the fence, the combo of Gina/Rachel retiring could have made these girls opt to stay:

- Caroline for potential of shared point/GL 1. She is most obvious to me.

- Ashlee for point (she probably already had GL on lock). She & Caroline both have great shot at Pro Bowl now too.

- Jalyn for GL (if G/R had stayed I think Ashlee would’ve likely moved up before her)/potential movement in triangle

- Chandi/Kelcey likely already had great 2nd GL shots but this makes odds both get it more likely and definitely favors them in triangle placement. Someone is going to go from no leadership to GL and I think it could be one of them. 

- And if Claire had thoughts of hanging it up she’s got a good shot to go to clear head of her class, 2nd GL, and make diamond. 

Why do I not feel like they're going to give Caroline point? I feel like since she got demoted this last season, the best they're going to give her is the "Tess Special"... The "You've been here long enough so let's just put you in the second line of the triangle even though you shouldn't be there" special lol.

I also have this crazy feeling Ashlee could be point and splitting it with either Kelcey or Claire.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Why do I not feel like they're going to give Caroline point? I feel like since she got demoted this last season, the best they're going to give her is the "Tess Special"... The "You've been here long enough so let's just put you in the second line of the triangle even though you shouldn't be there" special lol.

I also have this crazy feeling Ashlee could be point and splitting it with either Kelcey or Claire.

The Tess special that’s great haha 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

I think an Ashlee/Claire point would be awesome. That’d be my pick. Truly not personal as she seems loved by the girls and is talented but a Caroline point does nothing for me. If she’s GL 1 let’s spread the love at point!

• Love 14
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder if an injury forced Gina to retire?

Maybe she wanted to prove to herself that she could come back from the injury, strong as ever…knock out a great last year and now can call it good. 

The Alex Smith. lol. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Maybe she wanted to prove to herself that she could come back from the injury, strong as ever…knock out a great last year and now can call it good. 

The Alex Smith. lol. 

Oh I like that reasoning.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

This stresses me out

This is why I didn't understand why Erin got 2GL last year. 

Erin and Jalyn were not the obvious choices for 2GL last year.

I had a feeling Jalyn might stay for year 5 but I was sure Erin and Madeline will retire along with Taylor since they are good friends.

If they choose to keep prioritizing seniority over the possibility of the girl staying for another year for a shot for GL then Kat as a chance for 2GL.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I am here for Ashlee at point!! Hope she gets it this year. I also would love to see Caroline or Kelcey at point; Claire would be great, but I would like to see these more senior DCC get it first. I know it's not all about seniority and don't think it should be, but, I've wanted to see Ashlee, Caroline, and Kelcey at point since each of their rookie seasons and my time is running out.

I still am mystified by Caroline's seeming demotion last year. I want to see her at least back in the top triangle, if not at point with Ashlee. I don't think getting bumped back up in the triangle this season will be a "Tess Special," though--Caroline always has been a more captivating and powerful performer than Tess. I thought Tess is gorgeous but her dancing was uneven in power or pop to me. Caroline is so clean with her dancing, and there is always something so graceful and smooth about her moves--like Kelcey. My eye went to Caroline over Tess anytime they were on a screen dancing together, and I think C will have earned her triangle position, whereas with Tess, I feel like it was a weird combo of seniority and needing to glam up the triangle for photo ops that got her that triangle position.

I would love an Ashlee, Kelcey, Claire triangle (with Dani behind point), and one with Caroline, Chandi, and Armani (with Ellie behind point). I have real preference that the DCC behind point should be tall and VISIBLE in the formation and pictures--I think it just looks way better than when they stick short people or same-height folks behind point. I love Dani and Ellie and am looking forward to them coming up in the triangle. Both got pretty good rookie and 2nd season spots, front lines of the triangle both years. I noticed Ellie and Tyra dancing next to each other a couple of times this season and they look great together. Would love to see them in a triangle together down the line, too! 

Really, though, I can't see them picking a point or triangle I don't like this year, because I like all the DCC currently. Maddie and Amy were among my least favorite members of their teams, so them at point sucked for me (Amy taxed me way more than Maddie, who at least had solid pop). I like both Gina and Rachel, but I am ready for fresh faces and dancers at point. This will be an exciting shakeup for next training camp. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

This is why I didn't understand why Erin got 2GL last year. 

Disclaimer: I love Erin!

However, it would have made a lot more sense for Chandi or Kelcey to take her spot as 2GL.

• Love 4
On 3/6/2022 at 8:20 AM, LunaValerion said:

I guess I feel like I have a crystal ball this morning....

My predictions, one or both of these things:
One from this group will still retire or bow out - Ashlee, Caroline, Jalyn, Kat
One surprise retirement from a rookie or 2nd year.

Also, I have this feeling (14 months in advance 😆) - no current DCC goes for a 5th or 6th year in 2023. 
So that will make the Claire, Marissa, Armani group the most senior DCC as 4th years. 

fortune teller gipsy GIF

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

I think its her and the choreography.  Just boring and not well done.

I agree. I usually really like Tyra.  The choreography doesn’t go well with the music, so I am thinking maybe she’s not really feeling it? Just bleh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

holy crap this this choreo sucks

tyra isn't great here either imo but the choreo is worse

Jen A always reuses moves when making chorea but it never bothered me because it's for practice not for show and the girls were hitting the moves strong.

This choreo uses the same moves as usual but just isn't right

• Love 1

Maddie became a group leader without being a GL2. Kelcey seems very mature and could easily handle GL without being a second. Erin did a great job as GL2 and deserved it.  When Gina was out due to Covid or exposure, Erin rocked it. 
I got the feeling Ashlee was considering retirement, and then decided to stay because of a shot at point. 

I see a surprise retirement just because of injuries or the late nudge by K and J.  There’s always someone that weight creeps up on during the off season.  I am looking forward to the banquet so we will know more. A few can be waiting to see if K and J discuss all stars with them since we’ve loss some of them to bring a mom. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I got the feeling Ashlee was considering retirement, and then decided to stay because of a shot at point. 

Totally agree. 

I was sure she was dropping some hints on retirement during the season.

But lately she's been very active on social media and being a queen

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Kamal said:

Jen A always reuses moves when making chorea but it never bothered me because it's for practice not for show and the girls were hitting the moves strong.

This choreo uses the same moves as usual but just isn't right

JennA's prep classes are more about DCC technique and prepping for auditions than to be edgy or even entertaining, etc. Yeah all that's important, but she drills basic Dcc moves that if you can't do correctly, you have zero need to even show up at auditions. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Watch Victoria audition and get 2GL, GL or even point 

I'd love to see Victoria move up.  She's had a couple years to mature.  I hope the editing is properly done for whatever takes place with any of the ladies.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

JennA's prep classes are more about DCC technique and prepping for auditions than to be edgy or even entertaining, etc. Yeah all that's important, but she drills basic Dcc moves that if you can't do correctly, you have zero need to even show up at auditions. 

Your assessment totally makes sense. After seeing Tyra and Jensen doing the same piece, it looks way better on Tyra to me. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

People like myself can rage/laugh at this comment, but I do fear this is what is going to happen. 

I wish I could disagree, but I'm afraid this will happen as well.  Then, if it happens, it won't be because she's displayed ANY of the traits that Kelli says she wants in a Group Leader/2nd Group leader (maturity, dance skills, leadership ability, etc.), but for reasons that have nothing to do with that (or because Victoria earned it), but everything to do with the fact that she would only have happened because Kelli wanted it to.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

After seeing Tyra and Jensen doing the same piece, it looks way better on Tyra to me. 

UO, I didn't think the choreography looked all that bad & I thought Tyra did a good job.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

UO, I didn't think the choreography looked all that bad & I thought Tyra did a good job.

Before I watched it, I expected it to be way worse based on the comments. 😆 I'd give it a B, especially viewing it under the lens that @UnicornKicksBack offered. 

• Love 3

Logically, there has to be a few vet cuts. Right now there's only room for 8 rookies. If Victoria and Lisa come back, there would only be room for 6 rookies. IMO, the rookies on the chopping block are Jensen, Rebecca, Amber, and Christina.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Logically, there has to be a few vet cuts. Right now there's only room for 8 rookies. If Victoria and Lisa come back, there would only be room for 6 rookies. IMO, the rookies on the chopping block are Jensen, Rebecca, Amber, and Christina.

I hope Jensen doesn't get cut.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I'm terrified for Christina and hope K&J have changed their views on weight. In Kash's recent photo, she stood out a little more than the other girls. It's heartbreaking that we've been conditioned into thinking it's bad in the DCC world. Idk why I feel like them posting her today doesn't really matter / affect auditions this year.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Can you tell us why you have named those four. Is it based on observations during training camp or during the season following training camp?

1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

I'm terrified for Christina and hope K&J have changed their views on weight. In Kash's recent photo, she stood out a little more than the other girls. It's heartbreaking that we've been conditioned into thinking it's bad in the DCC world. Idk why I feel like them posting her today doesn't really matter / affect auditions this year.

I thought she had chubby cheeks but her body looked awesome. If she get's cut I don't think it'll be because of weight.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I think Amber, Megan and Christina are at risk. None of them stand out to me that much. I'm a big Rebecca fan (she's a real technical dancer) but doesn't stand out in DCC pom that much. I also fear for Madeline S with a certain leggy legacy blonde en route back.

I don't see any senior vets getting cut, there's only Jessica I find underwhelming as a dancer (going by the predicted retirements mentioned the other day). 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'd be shocked if Megan was cut.  I can't take my eyes off of her in this video.  She really knows how to add something special to the choreography & pulled my focus even more than Marissa.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaVHmcXFVXw/

She looks great in that video! I like her but don't usually find her that memorable. I suppose every rookie class has those types of women and they seem to stay for ages!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I don't see any senior vets getting cut, there's only Jessica I find underwhelming as a dancer (going by the predicted retirements mentioned the other day). 

Who's Jessica?

• LOL 1