Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Old Testaments, New Revelations

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

^^^^This.

Mary has some deep-seated trauma and or a really bad addiction to something. Her disordered thinking, gaunt appearance, fast talking, and lack of attention to her appearance all scream that there is a bigger problem. As a charlatan minister, she is performing poorly at best and its not lost upon me that she's not showing up at church which is literally where her bread is buttered. 

I also think she is alone a lot more then she should be. My thoughts wonder if there was grooming involved to get her to view her relationship a certain way and I wonder how much isolation she has had from the real world. I imagine she has some super crazy mental illnesses (multiple) and I will never get the answers I want Lol

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, eelpout said:

couldn't decide, was it just make-up or...

It was partially the hair because severely parted in the middle straight hair is difficult to pull off. I give her credit for not wearing ridiculous hair extensions but her hair is very sparse.

Her eye makeup was quite flattering as well. She wasn't wearing the ridiculous caterpillar lashes that most of the women on the franchises sport which give them unattractive slits for eyes. 

I also liked that she was dressed in a nice outfit but not a ridiculous evening gown.

• Love 3

Read on another forum that Mary lived in NYC about 10 years ago. She used the same gym as Andy and would always wave hi to him.   When she came on RHSLC, she was upset that Andy didn't remember her.  She really does think that she is above everyone else. And what a grouch in the evening.  Who'd invite her to  a party if it wasn't for her work.   I don't get why Meredith keeps defending her.

Lisa really throws things out there and then refuses to elaborate.  I hate people like that. 

Loved the bull shit Jen was spewing to her lawyer.  And notice with all her stress, she had time to have those braids removed and glam squad it up.  I don't think that was filmed immediate days after the arrest.  Her and her lawyer would need time to rehearse that scene.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Lisa really throws things out there and then refuses to elaborate.  I hate people like that. 

Seems she loves knowing things other people don't know and dangling it in front of them. I think it gives her a sense of power over the other women to hint at things then refuse to elaborate.  Having people basically beg her for information makes her feel in control.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 9

Mary is out of her mind and I am SO here for it. I think Mary is very infrequently housed w/other people, eating, getting ready, interacting with others. I think she's usually insulated in her cluttered palace or waited on by her staff and acolytes. So the Vail house really showed the cracks. It was great.

Meredith looked great on WWHL her hair was curled and had a lot of body, so soft and a great look on her. Meredith is monotone & somewhat severe to begin with and the straight hair adds to it.  Great eye make up too! She looked beautiful.

Jen Shah can't even be honest about the damn phone call in the van? Holy shit I came here just to talk about her "story" about that. WTAF. What a pack of lies. Someone only lies like that for one reason, it's to protect their children. I think that's who called on Coach's phone.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jen Shah can't even be honest about the damn phone call in the van? Holy shit I came here just to talk about her "story" about that. WTAF. What a pack of lies. Someone only lies like that for one reason, it's to protect their children. I think that's who called on Coach's phone.

You have a very generous outlook.

In my experience people will lie most ferociously to protect themselves. In Jen Shah's case she is an extreme narcissist and the only person I can see her lying to protect is herself primarily. 

I am not even sure why she couldn't tell the truth and shade it to protect Shah. If police had come in force to arrest my spouse, I would probably have called my spouse and asked what was going on and tell them what had happened. Coach still had the phone and so the police hadn't attempted to do anything to prevent him from communicating. 

The only interesting thing about the lie is exactly what her motivation was to lie. She couldn't seriously think she would be able to flee or that it was the best move. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why does Coach Shahahaha have a New York cell number?

I don't know why specifically but people keep their cell numbers which is often different than the area code where they are currently residing.

I live in a condo where people are called when they have visitors. At one time, the condo's phone plan didn't have unlimited long distance calls so we were racking up a large phone bill each month from calling people who lived in the building but whose contact phone was a cell which had a long distance area code. Now it's different since phone plans don't charge extra for long distance unless it is International

• Useful 2

Could it have been one of the law enforcement officers using Coach Shah's phone, knowing Jen would pick up, to find her location?

She asked if she needed to go to the house. Maybe, they responded with "no, we'll come to you" and that's when she decided she needed to take off, if for no other reason, not to have it all go down a) in front of the others, and b) while Bravo was there taping -no amount of "Bravo, Bravo, Bravo" could make them put the cameras down if that happened.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Could it have been one of the law enforcement officers using Coach Shah's phone, knowing Jen would pick up, to find her location?

She asked if she needed to go to the house. Maybe, they responded with "no, we'll come to you" and that's when she decided she needed to take off, if for no other reason, not to have it all go down a) in front of the others, and b) while Bravo was there taping -no amount of "Bravo, Bravo, Bravo" could make them put the cameras down if that happened.

They knew where she was because they would have contacted BRAVO for shooting schedule.

They wanted to pick her up at a place they knew she would be and NOT on her home.

For a variety of reasons, all law enforcement does NOT want to arrest someone in their home if they can help it because it is more dangerous as they don't know what kind of situation will happen. There can be guns. The person can take people hostages. They can start firing at police.

The other alternative is to arrest people extremely early in the morning when they see there is no activity. They will have a lot of people and essentially storm the place. Again this is to protect both the police and people in the home as the surprise element when they are either sleeping theoretically prevents an armed standoff 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, amarante said:

The other alternative is to arrest people extremely early in the morning when they see there is no activity. They will have a lot of people and essentially storm the place. Again this is to protect both the police and people in the home as the surprise element when they are either sleeping theoretically prevents an armed standoff 

There are so many horror stories of this kind of thing going left and people being killed by police ... no knock warrants and storming a place super early are horrible ways to do it..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

Wonder if we'll ever find out who it was that called her.  

Was it the police, from Coach's phone, with the "internal bleeding" story, trying to get her to come to the hospital peacefully, so they could arrest her in the hospital parking lot?

Was it Coach, warning her that they are on the way, and she made up the "internal bleeding" story on the fly?

The police knew where she was, from Bravo's schedule.  So it's my guess that it was Coach with the warning.

Did her aunt just "happen" to be there to drive her away?  Who drove that truck?  Did she really think she'd outrun them?

Also, I think when the police kept repeating to the cast that they just wanted to make sure she was "okay", was a tactic so as not to alarm/alert the cast & production due to the serious nature of her situation.

Re:  Comparisons between Coach Shah and Erika Jayne, in that their spouses were the guilty parties.  

The big difference is the sheer amount of money Erika openly spent with Tom's ill-gotten gains, vs. Coach Shah, who lives a seemingly relatively simple life.  We don't see him decked out in designer clothes, driving expensive cars, and he has a valid job.  Whether or not he knew of his wife's alleged crimes is yet to be seen.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, amarante said:

They knew where she was because they would have contacted BRAVO for shooting schedule

Yeah, I meant more to find her exact location (using technology), knowing they may have left the parking lot already, or in case she didn't show or had been tipped off and fled. Last week on WWHL, Heather said law enforcement had used cell phone technology to find Jen when she was pulled over and arrested.

Just a theory on who it may have been on the phone if it wasn't Coach. I doubt it was Stu, because she'd have answered a call from his phone, so no need to call from Coach's. Or, it could have been Coach telling her what was going down at the house, and she's just making up another lie to cover her lie so she can continue to lie about how she's not a lying liar who lies.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

But didn't she say "Hi baby" when she answered the phone? She kept talking for a bit, too. Maybe it was Murillo that called her from Coach's phone since he was the one who picked her up at the limo in the pickup truck. He probably passed her off to her aunt at some point. She is one stealthy thing, though, to stay so cool and make up that whopper about internally bleeding Coach.

oh, and I still have my Calif cell phone number, though I moved to Tennessee 4 years ago.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

oh, and I still have my Calif cell phone number, though I moved to Tennessee 4 years ago.

I was just wondering if Coach Shah ever lived in NY, I thought he was born and raised and only lived in Utah, it's not like you go on vacation to some city and decide to get a cell phone, otherwise why would he have a NY phone number, that's all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was just wondering if Coach Shah ever lived in NY, I thought he was born and raised and only lived in Utah, it's not like you go on vacation to some city and decide to get a cell phone, otherwise why would he have a NY phone number, that's all.

He could have gotten the phone through a corporation originally. I had a car phone back in 1991 that was supplied and paid for by my company. 

And then when the world switched to regular cell phones I got my phone through the company again. As I recall I was actually able to request a specific area code and I chose one that was different than my land line because at that time you still had to dial 1 for calls outside your area code and most of my calls were to 310 and not 323. 

Not saying this is why Shad had a NY area but certain area codes are also considered more prestigious. For example, you can't get a 212 area code any more. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I really want raclette now.

I will be dreaming of melted cheese tonight...

This was my take away from the episode, too!  I had a friend who used to invite me over for raclette.  So delicious!  I may have to look into buying a new gadget for the holidays!

• Love 1

Meredith lost me when after speaking up against Jen Shah she speaks up on behalf of crooked cranky Mary.  
Also these pc terms get on my nerves.  Religious trauma? It’s called getting fleeced. Or call it stupidity so maybe someone else won’t fall for it.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Meredith lost me when after speaking up against Jen Shah she speaks up on behalf of crooked cranky Mary.  
Also these pc terms get on my nerves.  Religious trauma? It’s called getting fleeced. Or call it stupidity so maybe someone else won’t fall for it.

Haha there's a therapeutic term for everything these days - tonight on Married at First Sight I learned that having a huge temper tantrum and knocking over furniture is called "giving my emotions physical expression" and it is nothing to be ashamed of or worry about! 😂

• LOL 7